Investigating Meridian Treatment Centers
Meridian, Mississippi is a city that’s focused on the arts, with its own local orchestra, theater and other venues. With this type of atmosphere sometimes comes drug use, like the consumption of marijuana as many individuals believe it encourages creativity.
Marijuana is not classified as physically addictive, however, a psychological dependency can form with consistent use. An estimated 9 percent of people who use this illicit drug are classified as clinically dependent upon the substance.Marijuana’s Physical Effects
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the physical sensations experienced by users of marijuana can include the following:
- A heightened sense of relaxation
- Increased appetite
- Increased sensory perception
- Uncontrollable laughter
What Needs to Be Addressed Before Signing Up for a Rehab Program?
If you have been using marijuana, the first step is recognizing that you need help. Since many marijuana users are aware of the fact that the drug is not physically addictive in nature, there is often a sense of denial regarding the need for rehab treatment.
There are some signs to watch for that indicate abusive use of the illicit substance:
- Increased tolerance: It takes more of the drug to produce the desired effect
- Drug-seeking behaviors: If much of your day involves sourcing or smoking marijuana, you may be addicted.
- Inability to control consumption: If you find you can’t control how much marijuana you consume during a session, then your drug use may be out of control.
Finding a Treatment Program in Meridian
A Meridian treatment program can help you address your psychological dependency on marijuana. Contact us today to learn more about your options in the area.