Comparing Merrillville Rehab Clinics
The city of Merrillville, Indiana has placed a high priority on the safety and well-being of its children, with features such as Kids Corner and Parent Tip of the Day on the community website. With such a priority placed on quality education and medical care, those seeking Merrillville drug rehab will be able to choose among many options for quality treatment programs.
If you are unsure of where to start, give us a call today. We can assist you in finding the best recovery program for your needs.
Does a Loved One Need a Dual Diagnosis Service?
If you believe that your loved one has an addiction that needs treatment, you may need to consider the possibility that more than one issue may be at play. A dual diagnosis means that the patient has both an addiction as well as an underlying mental health condition that complicates treatment. Rehab can be difficult, so according to the Centers for Disease Control, some things to keep in mind include:
- Dual diagnosis and traditional addiction treatment can be successful, but should be considered long term and chronic. Relapse is common.
- People need to complete a full course of treatment for it to be effective. This may be as short as 90 days or as long as 12 months.
- Individualized treatment works best.
- Addiction is a disease, and cannot be cured. Instead, it can be managed long term.
Unrealistic Expectations of Drug Treatment
It is difficult to manage expectations of yourself or loved ones during substance abuse treatment. Keeping your outlook realistic is important in not putting undue pressure on yourself or your family member.
Some unrealistic expectations of treatment include:
- A person will be drug-free forever, once treatment is complete. In fact, addiction is chronic, long term, and requires constant monitoring.
- Substance abuse is voluntary, and once the patient stops using drugs, they will be strong enough to stay off them. Instead, recognize that addiction has little to do with willpower, and everyone will struggle with recovery at some point.
- Once treatment is complete, all problems will resolve. However, most people who recover will still have employment, legal and financial problems to resolve.
Compare Treatment Programs in Merrillville
Merrillville alcohol rehab facilities offer patients the chance to begin a sober life, one that they can be proud of. If you are feeling lost in your search for help, give us a call.