Substance abuse affects many residents in Millville, NJ, whether indirectly or directly.
In 2016, Millville, NJ had 243 hospitalizations for heroin, 100 hospitalizations for alcohol, and 80 for marijuana.1 Cumberland County, where Millville is located, had 858 hospitalizations for heroin, 503 for alcohol, and 265 for marijuana. Of these Cumberland County hospitalizations, 66% were men. The most common age group hospitalized for these issues was 35-44. More than 33% of those people who received treatment did not have any insurance.1
While it can be difficult to identify if you or a loved one needs treatment, there are some signs you can look out for. The following are some of the most common signs that you could benefit from treatment:2
- You have tried many times but failed to cut down on your substance use
- You think about using drugs or alcohol often
- Using drugs or alcohol interferes with other essential activities, such as your job
- You have stolen things to pay for drugs
- You have experienced a drug or alcohol overdose
- You have taken one drug to get over the effects of another
- You use alcohol or drugs as a way to cope with anger or other negative emotions
It’s important to reach out for help; however, if you don’t have insurance, you might be worried about whether you can afford treatment. The following options may be available to you to help with the cost of substance abuse treatment:2
- Sliding fee scale treatment centers
- No cost or low-cost treatment
- Insurance through the Affordable Care Act
- Veterans services
Seeking help is a good first step toward recovery. Browse our directory for treatment centers near you or in other cities around the country.
- Department of Human Services: Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services
Office of Planning, Research, Evaluation and Prevention. (2017). New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Abuse Treatment Substance Abuse Overview 2016 Cumberland County.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2016). What to Do If You Have a Problem with Drugs: For Adults.