Find Mobile Rehab Programs
Mobile, Alabama is rich in culture and history, but according to the Partnership for a Drug-Free Mobile, the city ranks as one of the top 10 worst areas in the state for drug and alcohol arrests. The Partnership reports that over 50 percent of the city’s high school seniors use marijuana, over 58 percent use alcohol, and in spite of the availability of Mobile drug rehab programs for teens and adults, many of the city’s residents aren’t actively seeking the help they need.
The Need for Entering a Rehab Center
If you’re drinking too much or abusing illegal drugs, you might hear about it from your teachers, boss, parents, spouse or friends. But in the end, no one can force you to initiate the search for treatment until you’re ready. Even if you’re the target of a family intervention, that final decision to go to a Mobile alcohol rehab program is your own.
In a comprehensive rehab center, treatment strategies may include:
- Treatment with prescription drugs like ReVia, Antabuse or Suboxone to help you fight cravings and stay sober
- Cognitive behavioral therapy to help you change destructive thought patterns that lead to using
- Contingency management to reward you for staying drug-free
- Family counseling with a spouse, parents or children to create healthier, stronger bonds at home
Outpatient rehabilitation programs allow heavy drinkers or drug users to pursue counseling, medication therapy and group therapy in a setting that gives them the freedom to continue working or caring for family members.
What Happens in Family Therapy?
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states that families who attend counseling sessions through a drug rehab program should receive therapy that focuses on the problems they face in recovery.
In these sessions, a family therapist may:
- Concentrate on the family dynamic instead of on one member’s addiction
- Observe the way family members interact with each other instead of focusing solely on their reports of the addict’s behavior
- Determine the family’s capacity for providing support to the addict
- Teach family members about the effects of drug use on themselves as well as the addict
Exploring Rehab Services in Mobile
There are a lot of ways to go about getting clean and sober, but ultimately the only thing that matters is finding a strategy that works for you. Don’t get discouraged if you’re not immediately successful at eliminating drugs or alcohol from your life. Addiction is a chronic disease, and relapse is one of its most prominent symptoms.
We can give you information on Mobile drug rehab centers that will give you the very best shot at a new life – call us today.