Information on Murfreesboro Treatment Centers
After a surgery or hospital stay, it’s not uncommon to go home with a 30-day prescription for Vicodin, OxyContin, hydrocodone or another opiate painkiller. The problem is that the prescription often contains too many pills, and many end up addicted to their medication and in need of treatment at a Murfreesboro drug rehab by the time everything is said and done.
How do you deal with a prescription drug dependence? Your best option is to find a rehabilitation program that offers both medical detox assistance and ongoing psychotherapy.
Breaking free for good happens when you choose a drug addiction treatment program in Murfreesboro that has the resources to meet your needs. Call now to be matched with the right center for you.
Advice on Enrolling Into a Rehab Clinic
According to Tennessee Substance Abuse and Mental Health Issues At-A-Glance published by the Substance Abuse and Mental health treatment Administration (SAMHSA), Tennessee has consistently been among the top 10 states in the country with the highest rates of painkiller abuse. What does that mean? Painkiller abuse happens when you:
- Take any prescription painkiller that is not prescribed to you
- Combine prescription painkillers with any other illicit substance, including alcohol or other addictive prescription drugs
- Crush pills before snorting, swallowing or injecting them
- Take a higher dose or a more frequent dose than prescribed by your doctor
- Get the same or similar prescriptions from more than one doctor
- Steal prescription pads, fake injury at an emergency room, or perform any other act of fraud in order to increase your daily dose of painkillers against a doctor’s orders
Seeking Rehab Facilities in Murfreesboro
Are you abusing your prescription for painkillers? Is someone in your family addicted to prescription drugs of any kind? Your best option for change comes when you find a Murfreesboro drug addiction treatment program that can give you all the tools you need to change.