Get Info on New Braunfels Rehabilitation Services
Nestled in Texas hill country, New Braunfels
was founded in 1845, and residents of the city take pride in its heritage. The need for drug rehab in New Braunfels is one of the modern realities of life in this historic community. The state of Texas is taking innovative approaches to drug and alcohol rehab by fostering gender-specific treatment programs that address the unique concerns of men and women.
Advice on Picking a Treatment Program
Women process alcohol and drugs differently than men, and substance abuse often has different consequences for each gender. The Texas Department of State Health Services
has developed New Braunfels addiction treatment programs that address the issues of women seeking recovery. These programs respond to the demand for specialized gender-specific services like:
What Are the Benefits of Gender-Specific Rehab?
- Relationship counseling directed to the issues that women face
- Family planning education
- Medical care before, during and after pregnancy
- Childcare and transportation during drug or alcohol rehab
Recovery programs that target women offer a number of advantages, including:
Locate a Recovery Facility in New Braunfels
- A focused environment that removes social distractions
- A sense of safety for victims of domestic abuse
- Treatment for common mental health issues among women, such as eating disorders, anxiety or depression
- A consideration of women's health in recovery
- Vocational and family counseling for women
No one can tell you which approach to recovery will be most effective for you or a loved one. But when you're looking for a rehab center in Texas, getting advice from a reliable addiction specialist may help you make the right decision.