Finding Norwich Rehab Facilities
Rich in history, Norwich, Connecticut is also known as “The Rose of New England.” Norwich is a family-orientated community; almost 30 percent of its households have children under the age of 18. Unfortunately for the people of Norwich, a staggering number of young people are using illicit drugs (not including marijuana) every month.
There were an estimated
16,000 illicit drug users between the ages of 12 and 17 in Connecticut during a one-month period, and over 24,000 illicit drug users between the ages of 18 and 25. As a result, it is necessary for Norwich to have a wide variety of drug treatment facilities available for its residents.
The Pros and Cons of Holistic and Traditional Treatment Programs
There are advantages to both holistic and traditional treatment programs.
- Holistic treatment programs emphasize whole-self health and wellness. A focus is placed on good nutrition and an active lifestyle to help the individual improve their health in every way possible.
- Traditional programs may use prescription medications. While some people may see this as a negative, certain individuals may do better in a program that uses medications throughout the detox process. Withdrawal symptoms can vary from moderate to life threatening, and supplemental medications can help moderate them.
- Holistic treatment centers use natural remedies in treatment. Holistic centers emphasize mediation and yoga as forms of therapy. The goal is for patients to be able to carry these practices forward in their everyday lives. Eastern medicine is often used in these programs as well.
Signs of Addiction
- Strong to desire to obtain a particular substance
- Decreased interest and performance in school and/or work
- Engaging in risky behavior
- Physical dependence
- Withdrawal symptoms
Enter a Rehabilitation Clinic in Norwich
Contact one of our experienced counselors to discuss your treatment options in Norwich. There’s no reason to delay another day; get the help you need today.