Investigate Novi Treatment Centers
Treatment options for drug rehab in Novi have expanded since the days when Antabuse was the only drug available to treat alcoholism and methadone was the gold standard for treating opiate addiction. Today, if you need pharmaceutical support to maintain long-term abstinence from drugs or alcohol in Michigan, you have several effective, FDA-approved alternatives. A multi-disciplinary rehab program offers medication therapy in combination with psychosocial strategies like counseling and group therapy.
Advice on Picking a Program
Located approximately 25 miles from Detroit, the city of Novi offers proximity to the resources of a major urban area without the congestion of a crowded city. Novi addiction treatment programs incorporate many of the most recent developments in rehab. When you pick a rehabilitation facility in Michigan, look for a facility that offers pharmaceutical support with drugs such as:
- Naltrexone (Naltrexone XR or ReVia) for alcohol or opioid addiction
- Acamprosate (Campral) for alcohol abuse
- Disulfiram (Antabuse) for alcoholism
- Buprenorphine (Suboxone or Subutex) for heroin dependence
What Is Medication-Assisted Treatment?
The Michigan State government is in the process of developing a plan to make Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) available to all state residents who seek help for addiction. The goals of MAT include:
- Integrating pharmaceutical addiction therapy with primary health care
- Including substance abuse professionals on primary care treatment teams
- Educating general practitioners about substance abuse treatment tools
- Promoting the benefits of opioid treatment in Michigan communities
Seek Recovery Services in Novi
Recovering from a substance abuse disorder may be one of the biggest challenges you ever face. But staying abstinent may be easier if you take anti-addiction medication to curb your cravings. These medications work by reducing the pleasurable effects of drugs, making substance abuse less rewarding, or by replacing the effects of drugs at a much less intense level.
For answers to your questions about treatment in Novi Township, talk with our compassionate professionals today.