Investigate Oviedo Treatment Centers
The beautiful community of Oviedo, Florida offers residents low crime and poverty rates, with access to education and healthcare opportunities within the city and surrounding Orlando areas. Choosing the right drug rehab in Oviedo is one of the most important decisions you can make.
If you feel unsure of how to make this difficult choice, give us a call on our toll-free number. Our specialists can assist you.
Get Your Co-Occurring Conditions Treated
Understanding the different treatment options for rehab with an additional disorder can be confusing. The basic treatment options for rehabilitation from addiction include:
- Residential treatment: Patients will live on site, and have access to psychotherapists and medical professionals to address both their addiction as well as other mental health disorders. This is often the most successful choice for dual diagnosis patients.
- Outpatient recovery program treatment: Patients who cannot live on site for treatment may utilize outpatient facilities. In these programs, patients often come in daily for medication and therapy services.
- Group therapy: More stable patients can access group therapy sessions through their community.
Within these basic groups, the options for treatment are diverse. Facilities specialize in specific issues, including co-occurring disorders, so be sure to specify individual needs before committing to a program.
Bipolar Disorder and Alcoholism
Per the Mayo Clinic, bipolar disorder and alcoholism are strongly linked, and create a dangerous combination. Some reasons for the connection of these two disorders include:
- Euphoria/hyperactivity: During the mood swings of bipolar disorder, patients often feel mania, or a high that can lead to lowered judgment abilities. This can lead to increased alcohol or drug use.
- Genetics: Those with family members who have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and addiction are at a higher risk of these disorders.
- Self-medication: Bipolar disorder is difficult to manage, and it may be tempting to use drugs or alcohol to minimize feelings of depression or anxiety.
Get Rehabilitation Programs in Oviedo
Oviedo addiction treatment programs offer patients a variety of specialties that can meet individual needs for future success. If you are struggling with which program to choose, give us a call today.