Investigate Owensboro Treatment Centers
While Kentucky has low alcohol abuse rates, it also has experienced the highest rates of illicit drug and prescription drug abuse, according to the Office of Applied Studies
. Drug rehab in Owensboro offers patients stable treatment options that treat the whole patient with the help of qualified specialists.What Needs to Be Addressed Before Signing Up for Rehabilitation Treatment
If you are considering beginning a search for addiction treatment, you have determined that you cannot manage your addiction issues alone. However, how do you know if you truly have an addiction, or if other issues are at play? The US Department of Health and Human Services has outlined a variety of symptoms that point to addiction, which is a chronic, medical condition. Ask yourself the following questions to determine if you are experiencing an addiction:
- Do I continue to use drugs or alcohol, even when it causes problems in my life?
- Have my family and friends attempted to discuss their concerns with me, to no avail?
- Have I increased my intake of drugs and alcohol, and am able to tolerate increasing dosages?
- Do I need drugs or alcohol to function in everyday life?
- Can I stop using drugs and alcohol on my own, and abstain for long periods of time?
- Do I have withdrawal symptoms when I attempt to discontinue use of drugs or alcohol?
Assessing your symptoms is the first step in determining the severity of your addiction. This complex condition requires intensive intervention, and choosing the best option starts with an honest evaluation of symptoms.
Are My Children Coping With My Addiction?
Children are strongly affected by addiction issues of parents, grandparents, and other extended family members they have close contact with. According to the Department of Health and Human Services, areas of concern with children of addicts include:
- Violence or behaviors in the home that put kids in danger
- Children exposed to diseases such as HIV and hepatitis, or generally living in unsanitary conditions
- Fetal alcohol syndrome, a lifelong condition that affects all aspects of growth and development.
- Babies born addicted to drugs, such as meth or crack cocaine
Addiction affects the world well beyond the individual addict, and children often bear the brunt of dependency issues. However, your children may provide motivation in your battle for sobriety. Family counseling and therapy can assist you in helping your children overcome their personal experiences with your addiction.
Find Treatment in Owensboro
Owensboro drug rehab centers can provide you with the path to sobriety that you seek. Our toll-free number will connect you with a specialist who can give you information on your options within the Owensboro and surrounding areas, including information on clinics, therapists and other professionals.