If you live in Paramus, New Jersey, and struggle with alcohol and drug addiction, you’re not alone. People across the country are struggling with substance abuse disorders, and many of them take their first step toward recovery each day.
In Paramus, 58% of the people who attended rehab in 2016 listed alcohol as their primary substance of abuse, 19% attended rehab because of heroin, and 10% enrolled due to other opioids, such as hydrocodone and oxycodone.1 While these substances are highly addictive, treatment can help someone start to rectify many of the social, financial, and physical consequences of alcoholism or drug addiction.
As you gather information and begin to think about obtaining treatment, it is important to identify effective treatment programs and ensure that your Paramus rehab facility adheres to sound principles backed by research. Some key principles that a drug or alcohol rehab facility should uphold include:2
- The belief that no one treatment approach is the right approach for everyone.
- Effective treatment programs also believe in addressing mental health disorders that co-occur with substance abuse.
- Medical detox is vital, but only the first step on the continuum of care.
- Many programs also believe in tailoring treatment plans to your specific and changing needs.
- Treatment plans must be reviewed and updates according to a patient’s needs.
- Patients should be tested for infectious diseases and educated on how to prevent them.
The idea of enrolling in treatment can be scary, and selecting the right facility for you can feel challenging, but you are not alone. Support is available in the form of Paramus drug rehab programs. You can also look for treatment facilities in larger cities, in neighboring states, or across the country. The choice is yours. Search our substance abuse treatment directory to locate the facility that is best for your specific needs.
- Department of Human Services, Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services Office of Planning, Research, Evaluation and Prevention. (2017). New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Abuse Treatment Substance Abuse Overview 2016, Bergen County.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (2018). Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction.
Looking for Outpatient Treatment Centers in New Jersey? Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.