Substance abuse negatively affects the people of Pembroke Pines and Broward County similar to other cities across the United States.
Treatment admissions for alcohol nearly tripled in Broward County between 2013 and 2015, and the number of admissions rose steadily for cocaine, opioid painkillers, and heroin during the same period.1 An increased number of treatment admissions means that more people are getting the help they need, but there are still countless people struggling with substance abuse who require rehab.
Substance addictions can be safely and effectively treated at an inpatient or outpatient rehab program. Many inpatient programs offer medication and counseling services while you to live at the facility for the duration of treatment.2
Outpatient programs allow you to live at home while visiting the clinic regularly to receive medication, counseling, and therapy.2 For instance, an outpatient Pembroke Pines drug rehab center might offer daily methadone maintenance therapy to reduce cravings in those recovering from heroin or prescription painkiller addiction.3
Which program will work better for you—inpatient or outpatient treatment? Consider these points when researching your options for a Pembroke Pines rehab:
- Inpatient programs allow you to recover in a safe, stable environment away from drugs and alcohol.
- Inpatient programs provide you with 24-hour care, support, and treatment.
- Outpatient programs tend to be lower in cost than most inpatient programs.
- Outpatient programs allow you to maintain employment along with social and family relationships.
Treatment can be tailored to meet any special recovery needs, especially if you suffer from a co-occurring mental health disorder, also known as a dual diagnosis. Rehab programs in Pembroke Pines and neighboring areas offer a range of evidence-based therapies, including medical detox, dual diagnosis therapy, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
Use our treatment directory to explore rehab centers in and near Pembroke Pines to find the best inpatient or outpatient facility ready to help you recover from drug or alcohol abuse.
- MiamiDade.gov. (2016). Southeastern Florida (Miami Area) Sentinel Community Site (SCS) Drug Use Patterns and Trends, 2016.
- Mojtabai, R. & Zivin, J.G. (2003). Effectiveness and Cost-effectiveness of Four Treatment Modalities for Substance Disorders: A Propensity Score Analysis. Health Services Research, 38(1), 233-259.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). How do medications to treat opioid use disorder work?
- Hayashida, M. (1998). An Overview of Outpatient and Inpatient Detoxification. Alcohol Health and Research World, 22(1), 44-46.
Looking for Outpatient Treatment Centers in Florida? Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.