Guide to Quincy Treatment Facilities
A relatively young town, Quincy, Massachusetts has focused some of its resources on preventing drug and alcohol abuse in the youth of the city. Drug rehab in Quincy is widely available, with a Substance Abuse Task Force created in 2008 to address addiction issues in the community. While general addiction treatment is largely focused on drugs and alcohol, substance abuse prevention in Quincy also focuses on steroid use, binge drinking and prescription medication abuse, which are areas of addiction among youth.What Can a Parent Do?
Parents are the primary line of defense against addiction. Some specific strategies parents can use in fighting addiction include:
- Discuss the dangers of drugs and alcohol often, and listen to your child when the topic is broached by them.
- Know your child’s friends and their families.
- Do not binge drink, and try to limit overall alcohol consumption considerably.
- Get your child involved in sports or other activities that empower them to make their own decisions.
- Make sure supervision is present at parties, to ensure that no alcohol will be available to minors.
Advice on Entering a Rehabilitation Clinic
Addiction issues are extremely complex, and addicts can be difficult to identify as they can successfully function for some time before an addiction becomes apparent. As reported by the National Institute on Alcohol and Alcoholism, some signs of addiction, especially in youth, include:
- Mood changes and irritability
- Problems at school or on the job
- Lower energy levels
- The need to rebel or fight rules
- Not caring about appearance
Understanding these signs and symptoms is the first step in identifying the need for a drug or alcohol treatment program. Whether an inpatient or outpatient program, the rehab center you choose should provide comprehensive treatment for dual diagnosis patients, or those with addiction and other mental health issues, as well as transition planning.
Locate Rehab Clinics in Quincy
It is difficult to know where to start in choosing a Quincy drug rehab treatment center. This life-changing decision should be made carefully and thoughtfully. We can discuss your options with you and help you choose a treatment center that will work for you. In addition, the city of Quincy offers Learn to Cope and Families Anonymous meetings weekly to assist both addicts and their families.