Research Rapid City Treatment Centers
Rapid City, South Dakota is a central location for a region made up of five different states. Like the rest of the country, the local emergency rooms see many patients suffering from complications due to illicit drug use.
Statistics published by the Drug Abuse Warning Network show that in 2009 alone, 2.1 million visits were made to emergency rooms nationally due to drug misuse. A breakdown of the data shows that a combination of single substance use and multiple substance use caused the need for medical intervention in patients.
- Pharmaceuticals: About 35 percent of visits were due to pharmaceutical drugs on their own.
- Illicit drugs: These were responsible for 23 percent of visits.
- Drugs and alcohol: A combination of illicit drugs and alcohol were responsible for 10 percent of hospital visits.
- Prescription drugs and alcohol: A cocktail of prescription drugs taken with alcohol were responsible for 10 percent of incidents.
- Alcohol: About 6.7 percent of individuals were hospitalized due to binge drinking.
- Alcohol, illicit drugs and prescription drugs: About 3.9 percent of individuals required medical attention after abusing substances from every category.
The above statistics outline the severity of drug abuse in American society. If you are among the individuals who have been in medical distress as a result of an addiction, you will find detox and treatment in Rapid City beneficial to your life and health.Questions to Get Answered Before Enrolling in Rehab
One of the top concerns that people have when enrolling in rehab is the discomfort that they’ll experience when detoxing from the abused substances. Admittedly, the process is challenging, but it is worth it for the sake of recovery and your long-term health.
To increase your comfort level with the process, don’t hesitate to ask rehab facilities for more information about their detox process. Ask them how long it should take, on average, based on your specific situation. Ask what medical or holistic techniques will be used to ensure that the substance withdrawal happens safely. Take the opportunity to educate yourself before being treated.
Picking a Rehab Clinic in Rapid City
In addition to the various hospitals and medical centers near Rapid City, there are various high-quality rehab clinics that can effectively treat any substance addiction.