Exploring San Clemente Rehabilitation Centers
In July 2012, the Orange County Register News reported on a drug bust involving hundreds of marijuana plants in a southeast California home. With a street value of nearly $200,000, it’s no wonder San Clemente drug rehab centers experience repeat admissions as people struggle with the lure of drugs and addiction. Exploring rehab facilities is a matter of determining which type of treatment services will best help you in the long run.Questions to Answer Before Going to a Program
If you’re about to enroll in a drug rehab program, you may have certain expectations about what it will be like. It’s always a good idea to make an initial appointment with the treatment center to clear up any concerns you have about the process. Questions to ask during your initial appointment may include:
- What steps are involved?
- How will your progress through the program be tracked?
- What supports are in place for me once I complete the program?
- What types of services are provided?
Getting answers ahead of time can help reduce any anxiety you may have and give you an idea of what to expect.
*Drug Usage Rates Among Middle-Aged People
Drug abuse is commonly associated with the teenage to early-40s age range. Data compiled in 2011 by the National Survey on Drug Use and Health show a different picture. Adults aged 50 and older are appearing in increasing numbers within drug abuse statistics. Some of the data collected by the survey reveals the following numbers and usage rates:
- About 5.2 percent of adults 50 years old and older reported using drugs within the past year.
- Marijuana and prescription drugs were the drugs of choice for 50+ adults with marijuana preferred by 5.9 percent versus 3.6 percent for prescription drugs.
- For adults 60 years and older, prescription medications were the drug of choice for 1.2 percent versus marijuana at 1.1 percent.
- Overall, males preferred marijuana over prescription drugs whereas women showed equal numbers for marijuana and prescription drug use.
Research Recovery Centers in San Clemente
While researching different treatment centers in San Clemente, it’s always a good idea to find out what types of payment options are available for each program. For some people, their health insurance coverage will pay for part or all of the treatment costs. Some treatment programs also receive federal funding to help reduce the cost of services offered through the program.
If you have any questions or need help locating a treatment center, please feel free to call our toll-free number for more information.