Guide to San Leandro Rehabilitation Clinics
Getting into drug rehab in San Leandro isn’t always a matter of individual choice. Many of the clients in rehabilitation programs are in recovery thanks to an intervention by loved ones. When someone you love is destroying himself with drugs or alcohol, an intervention may be what it takes to save his life.What to Know Before Entering a Treatment Program
The city of San Leandro is centrally located near the major urban centers of San Francisco and Oakland. Residents of this hub of culture, education and health care have a nearly unlimited range of addiction treatment programs to choose from. If you’re planning to stage an intervention on behalf of someone you love, it’s important to have an appropriate rehabilitation program in mind. A client’s needs should be determined by factors like:
- Developmental stage and gender
- The nature and severity of the addiction
- Co-existing mental health conditions
- Spiritual or religious beliefs
- Financial resources
To find the most effective course of treatment, get an addiction counselor involved with the intervention, especially in the planning stage.
*Preventing a Relapse After Rehab
According to the World Health Organization, medications like disulfiram (Antabuse), naltrexone and acamprosate can be valuable tools in relapse prevention. What are some of the other ways to maintain sobriety after you graduate from rehab?
- Find new friends and activities that aren’t associated with drugs.
- If you slip, tell your counselor or sponsor right away, so you can get back on track.
- Discover new activities that replace the satisfaction you got from taking drugs.
- Work with a health care provider to create a healthy lifestyle that supports your sobriety.
Benefits of San Leandro Rehabilitation Services
Whether you entered rehab because you knew you were ready or because your family intervened, maintaining your recovery requires patience, determination and the support of others. Rehabilitation programs teach clients life-saving coping skills that can help them stay clean and sober after detox. For a list of treatment facilities in San Leandro, contact our professionals today.