Drug and alcohol abuse negatively impact the residents of Tampa, Florida. If you live in that area and are looking for help, resources are available.
Florida is in the midst of an opioid epidemic and drug overdoses are on the rise. In 2016 there were 4,728 deaths caused by drug overdoses across the state.1 If you abuse drugs or alcohol, you are at risk of experiencing harmful consequences related to substance abuse. The best step you can take toward a healthier and happier life is to enter treatment.
Addiction treatment can look very different depending on your situation. There are many components, including detox, as well as inpatient and outpatient treatment.
- Detox: Often, this is the first step on the continuum of care. In a detox program you will receive medical attention for acute withdrawal symptoms as your body eliminates substances from your system.
- Inpatient: You will live on-site at the rehab center if you enter an inpatient program. These rehabs offer 24-hour support; if your addiction is severe, this is a great option for you.
- Outpatient: You will visit the outpatient center throughout the week for group counseling, doctor check-ins, or to update prescriptions.
- Aftercare: A counselor or therapist designs an aftercare plan that will provide you with the support that works best for you. This may take the form of 12-step meetings, group therapy, or individual counseling to keep you on track once you return home.
Once you are ready to find treatment for your substance use disorder, you can look at our directory to find out more information about Tampa rehabilitation programs as well as other treatment facilities near you. Every treatment center has a unique approach to treating addiction. Find what works for you. If you don’t find a rehab in Tampa that is a good fit, you can expand your search to other cities or states.
- Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention. (2017). Drug Overdose Death Data.