An Examination of Vacaville Recovery Centers
Vacaville, California is a richly diverse town, housing two state prisons along with high-tech and biotech companies. Thus, drug rehab in Vacaville must address both the private and the institutionalized sectors of this community.
If you are battling addiction and want to change the course of your life, a qualified addiction treatment center is essential.
Tips on Being Admitted Into a Drug Rehab
A variety of drug treatment programs are available to those seeking assistance for their addiction, including the following:
- Inpatient therapy. These programs require a stay of two to six weeks, and include withdrawal assistance, counseling to reduce risky behaviors, medical intervention if needed, and transition assistance when treatment is complete. Patients admitted into this type of program often have long-term addictions and dual diagnosis needs.
- Outpatient recovery program therapy. These programs have patients come to the center daily for treatment, returning at night to their homes. Generally, these programs focus on individual and group counseling. Patients who participate in this program can self-refer or receive a referral from their doctor.
- Group support programs. Group sessions, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, follow a structured program, using experienced recovering addicts to help newer patients through the most difficult times in their recovery.
Treating Addiction in the Prison Population
Vacaville has a large prison population, which means that drug and alcohol interventions are a large part of the local community. California standards for counselors include hours spent specifically treating prisoners, which can directly affect addiction work done in the private sector.
Specific issues addressed in training include:
- Understanding the nature of addiction
- Knowledge of addiction treatment
- Practical application of knowledge to patients
- Addiction theory
- Ethics in addiction treatment
This work greatly benefits surrounding Vacaville drug treatment programs, as it provides an opportunity for first-rate therapists to hone their skills and practice the latest research-based addiction treatments in a sometimes challenging setting.
Does Addiction Treatment Work?
The answer to this question is complex, as addiction is a chronic condition often compared to diabetes. It cannot be cured by willpower alone, and relapse is common. However, a study conducted by the US Department of Health and Human Services notes that after treatment, the percentage of women involved in drug sales or battling homelessness dropped by over 50 percent.
Seeking Rehab Clinics in Vacaville
Finding care for your addiction is crucial to your future, sober life. If seeking treatment in Vacaville seems intimidating, or if you are unsure of your options, please call our toll-free number where a representative is waiting to lend a hand with these difficult decisions.