Vineland, like many other parts of New Jersey, suffers high rates of heroin abuse as part of the country’s ongoing opioid epidemic.
Heroin makes up 46% of treatment admissions to Vineland rehab centers, while alcohol makes up 28% of treatment admissions.1 If you live in Vineland and suffer from heroin or opioid dependence, understand that opioid detox can allow you to experience a safer, more comfortable withdrawal and recovery.
- Benefits of a heroin and opioid detox include:3
- Overcoming physical dependence on heroin and prescription painkillers.
- Withdrawing from opioids while under close medical supervision.
- Experiencing a reduced risk for complications from withdrawal, like severe dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.
- Facing a lower risk for relapse and overdose.
- Using medications that relieve drug cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
Medical detox usually takes place in an inpatient or hospital-like setting and allows you to withdraw from opioids under 24/7 supervision to increase comfort and reduce your risks of relapse and subsequent overdose. If you need help recovering from alcohol addiction, understand that a Vineland alcohol center may also use medical detox methods to help you safely withdraw.
If you have found yourself struggling with opioid use, Vineland drug rehab centers can assist you through professional opioid detox. You can use our rehab center directory to explore treatment centers near Vineland and across the country.
- State of New Jersey. (2016). New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Abuse Treatment: Substance Abuse Overview 2016 Cumberland County.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2015). Medication-Assisted Treatment: Medication and Counseling Treatment.
- Cunningham, C.O. (2015). Opioid Addiction Treatment Options.
Looking for Outpatient Treatment Centers in New Jersey? Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.