Addiction concerns in Wellington, Florida are much like the rest of the country. No one is immune.
Palm Beach County, the Florida district where Wellington is located, recognizes alcohol abuse, heroin addiction, and general drug addiction as some of the key health issues impacting the county.1 Heroin deaths have been on the rise, with 165 heroin-related fatalities in Palm Beach County in 2015. Heroin-related deaths in Florida increased by about 80% from 2014 to 2015.2
Recovering from drug or alcohol addiction will take time. It’s important to avoid getting frustrated with yourself or to place extremely high expectations on the amount of time that it takes for you to heal. Depending on your individual needs, the severity of your addiction, your mental health condition, and various other factors, you may spend 30, 60, 90 days or longer in treatment.
During rehab, patients will receive several different types of treatment modalities designed to provide them with a comprehensive approach to addiction recovery. These may include:
- Individual and group counseling.
- Support group participation, including 12-step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) or Narcotics Anonymous (NA).
- Exercise programs and other wellness activities.
- Family counseling and therapy.
- Drug education classes.
Only a professional can determine which activities become part of the patient’s treatment plan. Each treatment plan is developed specifically for the patient during the assessment and intake process. As you progress through rehab and your goals, health, or needs change, so will your treatment plan.
Although no two treatment plans or programs are the same, most inpatient programs include:
- Early wake up and time for morning breakfast.
- A daily meeting that takes place with a group and is moderated by a counselor or therapist.
- Free time that allows for self-reflection, meditation, or the completion of homework that is assigned in therapy.
- Afternoon therapy sessions and other scheduled activities before dinner.
- Evening mealtime and a period of relaxation followed by a routine lights out schedule.
Use our directory to find facilities in in Palm Beach County that can help you achieve your recovery goals. Don’t be afraid to look outside of Wellington or to consider the opportunity to get help away from your comfort zone. Many people find that they are able to focus better on their own needs when they seek help somewhere other than in their city.
- Health Council of Southeast Florida. (2016). Community Health Needs Assessment.
- Florida Health. (2016). Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Annual Report, 2015-2016.
Looking for Outpatient Treatment Centers in Florida? Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.