Searching for Weslaco Treatment Centers
The border of the US and Mexico has proven difficult for those attempting to control the drug trade, and the small community of Weslaco has borne the burden. If you are seeking drug rehab in Weslaco, however, you can depend on excellent options within this tight-knit community. Our toll-free number will connect you with a specialist who can share your options for programs that will best meet your unique needs.
Would You Benefit From Dual Diagnosis Programs?
According to a study by the University of Utah, those with mental illnesses are at a significantly higher risk of drug abuse, often using drugs or alcohol to self-medicate their symptoms. In addition, they may exhibit stronger inclinations for addiction than those without a co-occurring mental disorder. Recovery services programs screen for mental illness, and work hard to address the individual needs of each patient.
Per the study, the most common dual diagnosis disorders are:
- Bipolar disorder
Texas Drug Treatment and Prevention Efforts
If you are looking for treatment and prevention options in Texas, the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention provides a Prevention Handbook, which outlines the ways in which the state is working to handle drug and alcohol abuse. These include:
- Providing Information: Between mass media and local courses, the CSAP works to connect citizens with treatment and prevention options.
- Education: With a focus on skill-building, treatment and prevention, education is a key cornerstone of prevention efforts.
- Teen alternatives: Giving students options other than drugs or alcohol can reduce the incidents of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Professional education: Doctors and other professionals will become more competent in identifying those with risk factors for abuse.
- Community approach: Using the local community to understand and prevent drug abuse, as well as offering more treatment options, can reduce instances of abuse.
Get Treatment Programs in Weslaco
While drug and alcohol abuse is a difficult social issue, the state of Texas has taken steps to address the issue. Weslaco drug rehab centers offer patients the chance to address their addiction and underlying causes, and find long-term sobriety.