Investigating Westerville Recovery Clinics
Westerville is a historic city located in Franklin and Delaware counties in central Ohio. The population as of the 2000 census was over 35,000. Westerville is known as the “Dry Capital of the World” because of an 1859 town ordinance that prohibited the sale of alcohol. That ordinance has been overturned and today, Westerville residents struggle with drug and alcohol addiction just like people throughout the rest of the nation.
In 2005, there were over 330 meth lab seizures in the state of Ohio alone. Ohio and Westerville continue to have a need for reliable drug addiction recovery clinics.
The Pros and Cons of Holistic and Traditional Recovery Services
Nowadays holistic recovery services are becoming more popular among the general population. There are benefits to both traditional and holistic types of treatment programs, depending on the individual’s needs during treatment. Consider the following before committing to a treatment program:
- The use of supplemental medications. In some cases, the use of supplemental medications is necessary in the treatment of an individual. Some patients suffer from a physical dependence and may find the use of these medications an important part of their treatment. Medications can minimize the withdrawal symptoms that can be serious and potentially life threatening. Holistic treatment centers often won’t use traditional medications during the rehab process.
- Promotion of a healthy lifestyle. Holistic treatment centers have a particular focus on creating healthy habits the individual can carry with them into their everyday lives. Individuals are shown how to eat nutritiously, encouraged to partake in regular exercise and practice meditation.
- Cost. Insurance companies will cover different amounts of different kinds of treatment so it is important to discuss any options you are considering with them.
How Long Does Rehab Last?
- Detox: anywhere from a few days to several weeks
- Counseling: anywhere from several weeks to several months
- Aftercare: ongoing process
Enter a Rehabilitation Clinic in Westerville
Speak to one of our trained counselors about your treatment options in Westerville.