Cocaine addiction affects the lives of many people living in Westfield, New Jersey. Fortunately, those suffering can find the help they need at one of the area’s recovery centers.
Out of those who sought treatment in Union County, 62% chose a facility within the county itself. Of the overall 3,143 Union County residents that were admitted to substance abuse treatment centers in 2015, 5% were addicted to cocaine.1
Cocaine is a highly addictive illegal substance with short-term effects on the body that include intense euphoria, heightened awareness, increased confidence, and a high energy level. However, cocaine can also cause serious negative consequences.
Below are some of the serious short-and long-term effects that cocaine has on your body: 2
- Increased body temperature, blood pressure, and heart rate.
- Bizarre or violent behavior.
- Anxiety, panic, irritability, restlessness, and paranoia.
- Tremors and muscle twitches.
- Heart attacks.
- Sudden death.
If you are suffering from a cocaine addiction, you may not feel as though you are in control of your life. Help is available through a Westfield rehab facility or treatment centers in the surrounding areas. Browse our directory to learn more about recovery options in your area.
- Department of Human Services Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services Office of Planning, Research, Evaluation and Prevention. (2015). New Jersey drug and alcohol abuse treatment substance abuse overview 2015 Union County.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). (2016). Cocaine.
Looking for Outpatient Treatment Centers in New Jersey? Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.