Select Wyoming Treatment Facilities
There is a thin line between alcohol use and abuse. Unfortunately many people do not realize that they are suffering from a drinking problem until after a DUI is issued or an accident happens. The Wyoming Police Department
reports that 156 people were arrested for driving under the influence in 2010.
If you are worried about yourself or someone close to you, alcohol rehab in Wyoming, MI might be necessary.What Needs to Be Addressed Before Entering Rehabilitation Treatment?
Not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism encourages you to remember:
- Some people are more prone to becoming an alcoholic than others.
- The definition of a "standard drink" is sometimes subjective.
- Alcoholism is a treatable disease.
- Drinking moderately is safe for some people.
The Centers for Disease Control cite these troubling facts:
Enrolling at a Treatment Center in Wyoming, MI
- Alcohol plays a role in 32 percent of vehicular fatalities.
- Fifty percent of children who died in a crash in 2009 were riding in a car with an intoxicated driver.
- Other drugs are often used in combination with alcohol.
- About 18 percent of motor crash fatalities involve drugs other than alcohol.
These are some frightening times. City police cite 288 cases of disorderly conduct in 2010, which is often exacerbated by being under the influence of alcohol or drugs. It's never just the addict who is endangered, but also family members and innocent bystanders.
It's understandable to feel confused and scared. Whether you are facing an addiction or someone you love is, know that help is just a phone call away. We offer complimentary advice and guidance to help you find the best Wyoming treatment center. Call us to connect with a helpful expert.