If you've tried rehab before without successfully defeating your drug or alcohol addiction, you might be interested in trying a holistic drug rehab program. Holistic drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs teach participants how to protect all areas of their health: mind, body and spirit. These programs focus on healing each of these areas to help clients stop using drugs or alcohol.
Why Holistic Rehab?
There are many reasons why people turn to drugs and alcohol. Some people might try to medicate physical problems, such as back pain, while others might try to numb themselves to avoid feeling painful psychological feelings of spiritual emptiness. Addicts often don't know which area of health they are trying to fix with their behavior, so a program that focuses on all three areas of health, such as a holistic drug rehab program, has the best chances of hitting their problem areas so they can stop using or drinking.
In addition, according to the philosophy behind this type of program, all three areas of health are connected; disease in one area will affect the others. Thus, a holistic program will heal each area so the person can continue to stay sober after the main problem influencing his or her sobriety is resolved.
What Are Holistic Drug Rehab Programs Like?
Holistic drug rehabilitation programs offer participants the ability to improve every aspect of their health. For example, participants might participate in meditation sessions to aid with spiritual health, counseling sessions for psychological health, and exercise sessions for physical health.
Most holistic programs offer some of the same treatment options as traditional programs, while also offering extra benefits. For example, these programs usually have therapists on staff to provide daily therapy sessions and the opportunity to go to support groups and group therapy. Most holistic drug rehab programs include:
- Organic, all-natural meal plans so participants improve their physical health
- Physical activities, such as biking, hiking or mountain climbing
- Meditation sessions and exercises, such as yoga
- Alternative types of psychotherapy, such as art therapy and music therapy
Most holistic drug rehab facilities are set in nature because connection with nature is considered an important part of holistic healing. Holistic drug rehabilitation facilities may be set in the mountains, or by a lake or the ocean. The setting is usually peaceful and idyllic in order to promote healing.
Who Can Benefit?
Almost anyone can benefit from getting help at a holistic drug rehabilitation center. There's no requirement for attending these centers except that participants must deeply desire sobriety. However, most participants have been through a traditional rehab program and not had the success they desired. Holistic rehab programs are considered alternative types of treatment because they don't follow the traditional model, which focuses on psychotherapy, 12-step programs and other support groups.
What to Look for in a Holistic Drug Rehab Program
As with any type of rehab program, you should evaluate holistic drug rehabilitation programs carefully to see if the program you're considering is right for you. There are several factors you should consider when looking at these types of programs.
- What treatment options are available? It's important to choose a program that has a wide range of treatment options because not every type of treatment works equally well for all people. Find out what types of therapy and other activities are offered. Ask whether all activities are required. Some holistic programs allow you to opt out of meditation or other non-traditional activities if you are not comfortable with them.
- How long is the program? Along with treatment options, there should be several different length programs available. You may do well with a 30- or 60-day drug rehab program, although some people do better with long-term programs. Find out if you can start with a short-term program, and extend your stay if needed.
- Where is the program located? Find out the specific setting as well as how far away the program is from where you live. If a holistic drug rehabilitation program you're interested in is far away, you may have to weigh the potential benefits of the program against the distance and potential travel costs.
- How much does the program cost? Holistic programs may be expensive because of the high-quality food and range of activities. Find out exactly how much each holistic drug rehab program costs. If possible, get a written breakdown of the costs so you can compare programs. Find out if you can save money by opting out of activities that are not of interest to you.
- What is the success rate? Don't expect the program to have a 100 percent success rate, but the success rate of the program you choose should be fairly high. If most people don't do well at the holistic drug rehabilitation program you're looking at, you should probably look elsewhere.
- What are the staff credentials? There should be at least one medical professional and one psychotherapist on staff. In addition, all staff should have extensive experience with addictions and understand how to treat these types of problems.
I Want to Find an Executive or Luxury Rehab Center
When corporate issues are keeping you or someone you care about from looking for help for a drug abuse problem or behavior-related addiction, executive rehab centers will be what's needed. By coupling high-quality narcotic, prescription drug or behavioral addiction treatments with the ability to connect when necessary to a computer or mobile device, an executive can get back to health while staying productive.
Often, fine drug, alcohol or behavioral addiction treatment clinics grant the top-tier amenities one would expect to find in America's finest hotels, with your enjoyment and health being the biggest priorities. From gym facilities and in-house massage therapy to housekeeping services and fine linens, you can get the best-quality narcotic, prescription drug or behavioral addiction treatment for yourself or someone you care about while enjoying rehab.
How to Find a Holistic Drug Rehab Program
We can tell you about high-quality centers throughout the country that offer a holistic approach to drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
Once you find a couple of holistic drug rehab programs, try to visit them in person if it is feasible. At the very least, you should interview the intake person over the telephone. You want to get a sense of whether you will fit in and feel comfortable while attending the program. If you visit in person, you can see how you feel about the surroundings and you can talk to staff members. No matter how highly credentialed the staff members are, it is important that you feel comfortable with them. This helps to increase the likelihood that the program will work for you.
It can be difficult to find the right holistic drug rehab program, especially if you don't live near a high-quality treatment center. However, taking the time to find the right facility is worth the effort. Don't despair if you've been through rehab before and relapsed. Holistic drug rehabilitation often works for people who don't get the help they need using more traditional treatment methods. If you can't attend a completely holistic drug rehabilitation program, you may be able to find a traditional program that incorporates holistic elements so you can get and stay sober.
Need Help? Contact a Rehabs.com Sponsor Treatment Center Below (Who answers?)