Maryland Inpatient Drug Rehab Facilities
Looking for a top rated rehabilitation facility in Maryland for yourself or someone you love? Rehabs.com is the expert on luxury executive facilities and can help you find the clinic that's right for you. Our drug and alcohol abuse treatment clinics can help anyone get off of drugs, whether the addiction is to Vicodin, Palladone, alcohol or any other illicit or doctor-prescribed medication.
Today's Featured Rehabs
One of the considerable decisions when you or your loved one chooses between alcohol abuse rehabs in MD is deciding between Outpatient or Inpatient Rehab. Many people are quick to pick outpatient rehab thinking it will be less demanding and less expensive. While this is correct sometimes, statistics show those choosing residential treatment in 48-day, 60-day or 90-day programs are less likely to suffer a relapse long-term. Wherever you decide to get rehabilitation, the first step is making a choice!
- Bel Air
- Capitol Heights
- Chesapeake Beach
- District Heights
- Forest Hill
- Glen Burnie
- Havre De Grace
- Lexington Park
- New Market
- North East
- Ocean City
- Prince Frederick
- Princess Anne
- Severna Park
- Silver Spring
- Takoma Park
- Temple Hills
- Upper Marlboro
- Windsor Mill
Latest Reviews of Rehab Centers in Maryland
Good program should improve exercise options. ...
Accessible, different entry levels, multi function were nice. Out patient only....
They have amazing people. The cost could be a bit lower. The rehab was wonderful for my family...
Drug addiction and alcoholism can ravage your personal finances, destroy your closest relationships and ruin a prosperous career. Fortunately, community-based treatment is available at little or no cost to any resident of Baltimore, Rockville, Columbia, Ellicott City or the other residential hubs of this state. The state's Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administration, a division of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, administers preventive programs and rehabilitation facilities for residents from all walks of life. Components of a Maryland Rehab Program The focus and content of a rehabilitation program will vary from one Maryland addiction treatment center to another. But according to the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), any effective recovery plan should include the following therapeutic strategies:
- A complete psychosocial and psychological screening at the time of admission
- A medically managed detoxification program, which may take place in an inpatient or outpatient setting
- Counseling and education on the nature of addiction, the importance of sobriety and the consequences of substance abuse
- Medical management of the disease of addiction, including medication therapy and holistic treatments
- Counseling for family members and partners through individual therapy and peer group sessions
- Integrated treatment of co-occurring conditions like depression, anxiety or personality disorders
- Referrals to community resources for job placement, child care, parenting, housing and other social needs
Programs like the Tuerk House, a not-for-profit Maryland substance abuse treatment center, meet the needs of Maryland's citizens for comprehensive, affordable rehabilitation services. Tuerk House offers treatment on an outpatient or residential basis to those who suffer from the disease of addiction, whether or not they're able to pay for those services.
The Center for Substance Abuse Research (CESAR) of the University of Maryland tracks drug and alcohol abuse and treatment in this state. According to data collected between 1999 and 2003:
- The greatest percentage of treatment admissions among young people under age 18 was for marijuana and hash (89.1 percent), followed by alcohol (66.6 percent) and heroin (5.2 percent).
- Among adults ages 18 and older, the majority were admitted for treatment for alcohol abuse (56.5 percent), followed by cocaine and crack (42.8 percent) and heroin (40.1 percent).
- In the overall population of Maryland, alcohol was the most common reason for admission to rehab (57.3 percent of admissions), while cocaine (39.9 percent) and heroin (37.3 percent) were the next most common
*Maryland Addiction Treatment Statistics
How to Find a Maryland Drug Rehab Facility
Finding a place to get clean and sober in Maryland isn't all that difficult; this affluent state has a wide range of recovery services to offer its residents. But identifying a treatment program that's right for your age group, your level of addiction and your psychosocial status is another story. When you're researching the rehab facilities in this state, think about whether a program offers features such as:
- A staff of credentialed, licensed professionals who specialize in addiction treatment
- Comprehensive therapy for co-occurring disorders (psychiatric conditions that accompany substance abuse)
- Access to support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous or SMART Recovery
- Gender-specific programs for male and female patients
- Holistic therapies like hypnotherapy, biofeedback, massage or pet therapy
You or your loved one have a lot of options to contemplate if you're looking for the best-rated alcohol or drug rehab facilities MD has to offer. With many executive and exclusive choices available, insurance taken at many clinics and toll-free hotline professionals there to help you 24/7, we can help you or your loved one maintain sobriety for good!