Vicodin is a very potent painkiller that is usually prescribed for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. Vicodin behaves in a similar manner as other opioid analgesics and helps lessen pain by binding itself to the opioid receptors in the brain and spinal cord. It is made from the combination of hydrocodone and acetaminophen, and it is highly addictive, making even those who take this drug legitimately at risk for addiction. Vicodin use can cause various psychosocial, psychological, mental and physical issues, which may include:
- Estrangement from family and friends
- Health issues
- Drug dependence
If you or someone you know is struggling with a Vicodin addiction, help is just a phone call away. If you need help fighting this addiction and returning to a sober life, we can help find the best Vicodin rehab center for you. Remember, it is never too late to get help.
- According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), in 2008, approximately 23,000 persons admitted to having used Vicodin as a recreational drug.
- In 2004, more than 42,000 individuals visiting medical emergency rooms in the US were suffering from hydrocodone-related issues.
- It is estimated that in the US, approximately 2 million people are suffering from Vicodin addiction.
An inpatient rehab facility is one that allows patients to leave home and reside in the facility for the entire period of treatment. In these facilities, the patient is provided with 24-hour medical care from professionals who are trained and experienced in handling cases of Vicodin withdrawal and detox. The main modes of care in Vicodin treatment centers include detox, psychotherapeutic counseling and Vicodin aftercare.
Vicodin detox produces better results if carried out in an inpatient facility where it can be overseen by medical professionals. The main goal of Vicodin detox is to rid the body of all harmful substances and drugs. When the drug is absent from the body, the addict may experience withdrawal symptoms, which can be uncomfortable but are not usually life threatening. These may include:
- Intense pain
- Dilated pupils
- Abdominal cramps
- Runny nose
If you or someone you love is struggling with drug and alcohol addiction, you may need to find an inpatient drug rehab center.Read More
At an inpatient facility, in the event that you develop any complications, trained medical professionals who specialize in substance abuse will be there to assist you to return to a state of good health. You will also be provided with medications, such as methadone or buprenorphine, that are approved by the FDA and have been proven to be very effective in the detoxification and rehabilitation of Vicodin addicts.
After detoxification is complete and the patient becomes physically stable, he or she is usually ready for counseling and behavioral therapy. Vicodin addiction is mostly defined by the craving and psychological hold the drug has over you when you become addicted to it. Finding what triggers caused you to take Vicodin and what reasons draw you to the drug can help you design and plan to prevent relapse after the completion of your treatment. In addition, it can help to identify your stressors and weak points to help you find more positive ways to deal with situations that are overly emotional, where you might have the urge to take the drug.
Getting the proper care will enable you or your loved one to be better prepared for the transition back into the world and help prevent you from having an incidence of relapse.-Rehabs.comThis helps the individual prepare for challenges and other issues that may arise after the completion of a Vicodin rehab program. For those who want to remain in a drug-free environment, they have the option of residing in a controlled area with other recovering members where they can transition more easily into the real world. They are provided with supportive care and given help to find jobs and living accommodations. They can also visit support groups for individuals suffering from the same problems, which provide added peer support and encouragement.
If you or a loved one is seeking to enroll in a residential Vicodin rehabilitation center, we can provide you with some pointers. This addiction is not something you can overcome alone, so let us help you make that transition and return to a life of sobriety.
I Want to Find an Executive or Luxury Rehab Center
When corporate circumstances have been a stumbling block you, your husband or your wife from looking for help for a drug abuse problem or behavior-related addiction, executive rehab facilities can be invaluable. Coupling high-quality substance abuse and behavior addiction treatments with the ability to connect when necessary to a computer or mobile device, an executive can get back to health while staying productive.
Often, fine drug, alcohol or behavioral addiction treatment programs provide the excellent amenities one would expect to find in America's finest hotels, with your success and well-being being the biggest goals. From gym facilities and fine linens to in-house massage therapy and 5-star chef-prepared meals, you can get the top narcotic, prescription drug or behavioral addiction treatment for yourself, your husband or your wife while enjoying rehab.
Benefits of Inpatient Vicodin Rehabilitation
There are many benefits of entering a residential rehab facility. These factors help the addict heal more easily and can include a calm, peaceful surroundings or just supportive care. Some of the main benefits of inpatient Vicodin treatment programs include:
- An environment that is safe and free from drugs. Most inpatient treatment facilities provide a sober environment away from all the stressors and triggers that may have influenced the addict to start using Vicodin. They provide a place free from drugs, which allows individuals to focus more on themselves and the recovery process.
- Inpatient detoxification. Most inpatient facilities provide inpatient detox that is monitored by specialized medical professionals. While detox may be dangerous if done on your own, in an inpatient treatment facility, there are individuals trained to provide proper medical care in case something goes wrong.
- Wide range of therapy options. The methods utilized at treatment centers may vary; however, they may include behavioral therapy, emergency medical treatment, yoga, art therapy, family and couples counseling, and 12-step meetings.
- Aftercare planning. After completion of rehabilitation program, individuals will have access to an ongoing team of physicians and therapists to increase their chances of maintaining sobriety in the outside world.
Long-term rehab programs are the best option for anyone who is serious about breaking free from addiction. You will be provided with proper medical care and given psychological therapy to help you recognize your triggers and stressors. Getting the proper care will enable you or your loved one to be better prepared for the transition back into the world and help prevent you from having an incidence of relapse. If you seek help in dealing with Vicodin overdose or Vicodin withdrawal, give us a call right now. We are available every day, seven days a week. Our counselors will provide advice on your options for treatment and find the most suitable inpatient treatment facility for you.
Need Help? Contact a Rehabs.com Sponsor Treatment Center Below (Who answers?)