Bradford Health Services in Warrior, AL

1189 Allbritton Road
Warrior AL 35180

Bradford Health Services Philosophy

Bradford Health Services offers a wide variety of drug and alcohol treatment options at numerous locations across the country. The Warrior Lodge facility, located among the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains near Birmingham, Alabama, provides residential substance abuse treatment for adults. The quiet, secluded, and serene environment gives clients a safe space to withdraw from alcohol and drugs, learn new coping skills, and set a solid foundation for long-term recovery.

• Intensive Out Patient (IOP)
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

Emergency Consultation

Adolescent Rehab & Care

Confidential Help

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT BRADFORD HEALTH SERVICES – WARRIOR

With 27 locations in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, and Tennessee, Bradford Health Services offers a variety of programs for drug and alcohol addiction. The facility in Warrior, Ala., referred to as The Warrior Lodge, is situated on 80 acres of heavily wooded land at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. It offers a residential and some outpatient programs for adult men and women. Detox services are also available on-site.

Prior to admission, all clients undergo a multidisciplinary assessment to help determine their required level of care. Those who opt for residential treatment can expect a highly structured, supervised environment. Treatment is founded on 12-step principles and conducted on both an individual basis and within small therapy groups. Family is a core component of Bradford’s approach, and loved ones are encouraged to participate in the recovery process. Additionally, the facility employs adventure-based therapies, such as ropes courses, to build self-confidence and teach trust and respect for others.

By way of aftercare services, there is also a partial hospitalization program (PHP), as well as an intensive outpatient program (IOP) that is offered as a step-down for clients who graduate from residential care. Designed to reduce the risk of relapse, the IOP is conducted in a group setting. Clients typically participate several times a week.

According to the facility’s website, treatment is administered by licensed counselors and physicians. When asked to rate the staff’s level of experience and training, 35 alumni and their loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com provided an average rating of 4.06 out of five stars.

With exposed wooden beams and stone fireplaces, The Warrior Lodge does indeed resemble a lodge. The campus is heavily wooded, providing a natural landscape for serenity and outdoor recreation. Clients share modestly furnished bedrooms and dine together in a communal cafeteria.

Rehabs.com has received over 80 reviews from this facility’s alumni, affiliated friends or family members, or staff. Of those reviewers, about 40 alumni evaluated 15 aspects of care at The Warrior Lodge via Rehabs.com surveys; other alumni submitted additional commentary and feedback.

Of all 15 categories, alumni were most impressed with the facility’s cleanliness, with 39 alumni to date providing an average rating of 4.51 out of five. The family participation category also performed well, receiving an average rating of 4.05 stars from 21 reviewers to date. One of the lowest rated aspect of care was the facility’s holistic offerings, which had a rating of 3.1 from 39 reviews. One anonymous alum told Rehabs.com that “there were no massages, good exercise equipment,” and another wrote: “No relaxation exercise programs for stress.”

The program’s affordability was also poorly rated, with an average of 2.85 stars from 21 respondents. Yet when asked how likely they were to recommend the facility to others, the same number of alumni provided an average rating of 3.86 on a scale of one to five. Damon wrote: “I received excellent treatment there and would highly recommend it for someone looking for help with addiction.”

Like alumni, loved ones polled by Rehabs.com were most impressed with the facility’s upkeep, giving cleanliness an average rating of four out of five stars, based on reviews from 15 survey respondents. Family participation was also reviewed favorably, with a rating of 3.73. A.H. wrote: “Effective, good leaders and counselors, strong family week.”

Yet friends and family members agreed with alumni that holistic offerings were lacking, giving the category a rating of 2.4 stars. Despite an average rating of three stars for affordability, multiple loved ones used their review to complain about costs and billing issues. R.H. wrote: “The program is way over priced and has MANY hidden cost. The finance dept is a complete disaster.” An anonymous reviewer added: “Fellowship and support was a strength of the facility, but it was costly.”

Reviews submitted to Rehabs.com from current and former staff members are much more limited — only two reviewers at the time of this writing provided feedback. J.L. and A.H. gave four- and five-star ratings for the program’s treatment effectiveness, respectively, although J.L. indicated that treatment was too short and expensive.

According to the facility’s website, Bradford Health Services accepts most major insurances and provides private pay options.

Updated March 2017

Published on April 2017

My son was at Bradford's extended care program in Warrior for a short time in October 2016. He struggled there, but I think most of it was due to him, not Bradford. Our big dissatisfaction has been with Bradford's financial dealings. Even though they are in network with BCBS, they assumed only 21 days would be approved by our insurance and therefore collected about ½ of what private pay would be for 8 weeks. I understand the uncertainties they face. What I don't understand is why, with the claims finalized Oct 27. 2016, here it is April 5, 2017 and I still don't have the refund that they agree I am owed. It's been one issue after another (first delay, then sending us a check payable to our son instead of us, then telling our insurance company they would send us the refund check once we mailed the incorrect check back to them--but never telling us they wanted us to send the check back. Since January 2017 I have called repeatedly and have a total of 1 return call from them. Most difficult program I have ever dealt with on financial matters.

Bob thank you for your feedback. We regret your experience was less than ideal. Bradford is committed to providing excellent treatment and customer service experiences. We welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please call us and ask for Premier Customer Care.

If you're reading this review, you most likely need some help because your life is unmanageable and pretty insane. Keep in mind WE addicts make irrational decisions, so don't let bad reviews from people who came to warrior and wasn't ready to stop using or drinking. This is a place that saved my life and my marriage. It is intense and they give you the tools YOU NEED to save your life. The councilors are amazing, all you have to do is surrender. The landscape around you is so beautiful, the food is great and you get all you can stuff in your belly. If you really are ready to change your life, PLEASE CALL THEM NOW! today is day 16 clean and sober, and I owe it all to warrior. So much, my next tattoo will say "I'm a warrior 1/21/17. If you do go, spend every minute possible with the recreation councilor. I give him all the credit he deserves, and proud to say I love that man like a father. Just know if you're reading this, you're not alone.

I was in treatment at Talladega and out of 5 days we only had one group meeting the hospital staff was great but the counselors stayed in the office gossiping more than anything. Terrible program great hospital

I was so disappointed by this program. I found that my loved one did not get adequate treatment based on his need. I found that the treatment bled his insurance ability and let him (the addict) decide on his further treatment after only 2 weeks. Very dissappointed

Checked out day 5. This was a joke. I did not see my counselor but once. Only in detox day 1/2 and sent me to a co-ed cabin. Which was unacceptable. Please do not send your your family memer here. To much to even mention.

Man I was doing my best to stay out of This comment thing. But I have read some Of them and really caught off guard at Some of the remarks made about the place That not only saved my life once But twice. I say this every time I go back as Alumni and speak Under the hill in the lunch room. Speaking for myself, I crawled on the Tuscaloosa Bradford and begged them To take me. I finally get there and checked In. The next morning I wake up scared And in severe Herion withdrawals At 55 years old . WTF think about that a minute. Then 5 days later after resting and Withdrawals are over I start cussing out The nurses , really anybody. And the med line sucked, I hated this place Now this is the same person that begged To be admitted 5 days earlier . Point being I was a very sick Man. Even after 15 days , that's all My insurance would pay. So I turned It over to God . With his Devine intervention I was able to go on the hill to ECP which in a lot of people's words . Expensive. Let me say that I found spirituality On that ole hill. Meaning I seperated Religion from spirituality. Not once but Twice. If that hadn't have happened And I had left on day 15. E dry ody in that Complex knows that I would have Got to Bhm found Herion and died That day. For those of you who sit and Dog out Bradford, my very salvation and very proud To be a part of a very active Alumni Group and have a Tribe of addicts And alcoholics that stay in constant Contact with . I say to you !! Jeff Bradford Rocks

Do not waste your time!! They calculate how many days your ins will pay for detox and afterwards you will be moved to cabins.

Expensive. Money hungry. The ECP is like a jail. Treated like children. Plan to stay 10-12 weeks if you are healthcare.

I do NOT recommend this facility. The staff is cocky, unhelpful, and unprepared. The lectures, group therapy, and classes are boring, ineffective, and useless. In addition, you do NOT get individualized treatment/recommendations. This treatment facility is WAY overrated.

They saved my life!!

This is the most unprofessional place I can imagine. A strip search and a cavity search is mandatory. Does not matter if you admit without any drugs or alcohol in your system. Overall a poor excuse for a facility.

my son admitted for treatment and not so effective. he came out ok, but over time relapased. the counselor was gone on personal leave a good bit and her replacement overbooked . all in all i would not suggest this rehab, center, as i am searching again for a rehab center again for my son. it may be my son and not the center. but he has been there twice, and not again.

My wife was a patient at the warrior facility. She was recommended for ten week stay. She made great progress and was getting a lot out of therapy. However, after week five she was discharged to go to a sober living even though my insurance had approved her for another week. My insurance like many require weekly reviews. My insurance was paying 100% of the cost of Bradford but will not cover sober living. Even my insurance company is at a loss for words at Bradford's action (usually it's the insurance you have to fight with). Bradford claims they encourage family involvement, this is definitely not the case. Her councilor called me twice in five weeks. The first was basic information call. The second he got pissed when I rejected the idea of sober living. If you send family member here do not fool yourself thinking you will have a phone call returned. I placed a call after my wife came home on pass to see if she made it back safely and asked someone to let me know. It has been five days and counting with no call. My wife has done well but after dealing with Bradford I need to get some mental health and blood pressure medication.

This place is a total rip off and joke. Please do not waste your time or money!!!

This place is absolutely ridiculous! It's only about money and they do not care about you unless your insurance pays or you have plenty of money to give them. They will lie to you about everything on the phone so don't waste your time. Luxury rehabs costs as much as this place that is far from luxury. And the staff can't even coincide with each other. One will tell you one thing and one another. It's all lies to get you in then they couldn't care less. I would recommend anywhere but here! Please do not send your loved ones here. I can only speak to the one in warrior but it's a complete facade.

the worst of the worst. Counselors no compassion as far as wholistic well being. Your body needs proper care when detoxing off of drugs. None of that is provided at this FOR PROFIT " REHAB"". I CANT EVEN GO ON ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE THIS PLACE WAS.

I sought counsel at Bradford, and they were very unprofessional and lacked respect for patients or future patients. Look elsewhere for services.

I can tell you one thing Bradford is the best place my son there they where great .I learned a lots from goin thereto learn things about drugs and alcohol.I would loved to talk to people about y'all love this place.

They do not offer suboxone treatment in any sense. Suboxone treatment is a "maintenance program" and Bradford is not a maintenance program in any sense. In certain circumstances when a patient is experiencing opiate withdrawal a suboxone taper is used in the detoxification process to lessen the degree of a patient's withdrawal symptoms- however, it is a relatively quick taper down process and patients do not remain on suboxone after detoxification. I am unaware of any situation in which suboxone was given to a patient past the detoxification portion of treatment or where it has ever been prescribed to a patient for continued use after discharge. Many people seek treatment services at Bradford from "suboxone maintenance programs" and are treated and detoxified at the facility. Bradford believes in living a sober life and I assure you- no patient completes the program and discharges the facility while still on narcotics of any kind. True- suboxone can be used as a tool to curb the side effects of withdrawal but Bradford does not to my knowledge ever recommend it as a long term solution for any patient.

I experienced a truly awful time here. Most of the staff are nice, but I think they're trained to be more concerned with pushing the longer program, which means more money, than helping the patients. The brochures and media advertising the accommodations/amenities are representative of the extended program, not the regular one. I was told there would be running trails I could use if I got too stressed, and this was false. I had suffered a traumatically-bad, hallucinoegic trip, which was the catalyst to enter treatment, and was prescribed medication for the recovery and panic attacks that followed this experience. When I arrived at Bradford, I was told that this medication would not be allowed, but they would provide me with an alternative that was just as effective. That alternative turned out to be over-the-counter Benadryl, which had no effect. The panic attacks were more severe than anything I'd ever experienced, and I was in a strange place with no relief in sight. When I told one of the evening counselors that I was having a panic attack, he made it obvious that I was bothering him while he was trying to watch a football game. I'm not one to complain about anything, usually, but I had never experienced anything like I was experiencing, and I was legitimately worried I was going insane. All I wanted was to call my parents, but I was not allowed to do so until the designated time. We were only allowed a five-minute phone call, as there were only two phones and many patients. I simply just wanted help for my panic attacks, and I wanted to be in a familiar setting with familiar people. I really felt out of place, as well as trapped. The majority of the staff was very helpful and friendly with navigating the twelve steps, but I really think that their management puts a lot of pressure on them to prevent AMA's and push the extended program for financial profit. So much so, that I think this actually interferes with their effort to help rehabilitate the patients. I also would have enjoyed other options besides the 12-step model. It wasn't very helpful to many of the patients I talked to. There is also a strict fraternization policy, which I understand to an extent, but it wasn't allowed for members of the opposite sex or those in different cabins to talk with each other, at all. As someone who feels more comfortable around the opposite sex than my own, I felt that this was disadvantageous to my recovery there. I think that there should have been more free time in the day to relax, as we were up from 5:30a to 10p, with a pretty packed schedule. Going through withdrawal nearly my entire stay, there were several times when I just wanted some time to take a nap. TV privileges are often taken away as punishment for the mistakes of one or a few roommates, and the staff is very strict about cleanliness. Most of this didn't really bother me, but I just wanted to mention this to anyone thinking about going here or sending a loved one here. You will have to do chores and be present at every activity. If you are sick, you have to go see a doctor and get a bed-pass for the day, and the doctor wasn't always at the facility. I think that's about it. Overall, I can see this facility working for some. It just didn't work for me. Counseling and NA, as well as SMART recovery groups helped me to eventually get clean. I was able to stay clean for close to a month after leaving Bradford, but I was not willing to go back after relapsing. In a way, I'm glad I went here because I became determined to get clean with an alternative method than have to come back here. Best wishes of success and serenity to anyone struggling with addiction.

My sister attended Bradford for alcoholism...She claimed that God appeared to her and told her to drink cough syrup so she could have a revelation? She was never religious throughout her whole life. I'm not sure what kind of religious crud people are spouting at this facility...This place offered no family counseling or even checked on her progress after leaving the facility. This place is a money pit, plain and simple.

The facility looks very nice.my child has had a ruff time there.I try to call the counselor and can never get him to return a phone call.if you call more than once he is very rude.I was told I could call and talk to them at any time but that is a lie.my child is threating to leave the program.I have ask for someone too call me about this still no response.but hand book says let someone know.well you can't if no one will call you back.just a concerned mother

Effective, good leaders and counselors, strong family week. Would recommend to anyone seeking help for addiction issues.

The only problem that I had with this treatment facility is that they offer suboxone during treatment. Suboxone is just another drug - in my opinion. Great location. Great facility.

Secluded and well maintained. Not enough to do to exercise and keep your mind occupied. Staff is strict but helpful with counseling.

Disorganized, asked family member to pay for treatment yet never connected family member to available services. Repeatedly called family member for payment of services yet never followed up about family groups. The facility does nothing to stop theft nor does it take any effort to provide your loved one with any means of securing any items.

He was able to detox. He was not able to stay clean, and the stay was too short! It is expensive and the effects are not long term.

Variety of treatment available, outdoor therapy, individual and group therapy and feeling of community in cottages. Would've liked more food options and more comfortable accommodations. I received excellent treatment there and would highly recommend it for someone looking for help with addiction.

nice environment, trained counselours half of them addicts, good food. However, there were no massages, good exercise equipment, not a lot of time with family. well any treatment center is good, there are people you will like and counselors you think are totally awful, the grounds are beautiful, the first 3 days are the roughest, I hope they have gotton there big coach roach program in tact

Strengths: Extended care, experienced medical Assisted treatment, IOP placement, evidence based practices, treatment of professionals. Weaknesses: Expensive with little to no assistance. Premier treatment center, geared towards professionals

trained substance counselors half had suffered from addiction. no relaxation exercise programs for stress. well looking back your usually to sick for exercise, they give you meds which stop sickness, massage would of been great id stayed longer if that option

Location was tranquil. Food was good. Staff was decent. Based only on AA NA, which Didnt successful. Poor medical care system. I personally think since the facility is only a 12 step program, it is not effective.

Friendly and knowledgeable staff, comfortable environment, clean, meals were great. Recreational activities are kind of limited. Excellent treatment facility based around 12 step program. You get what you put into your treatment.

Strengths: All staff are courteous. Food is good . Family can visit once a week and for a week participate in treatment. Weaknesses: Is a way station for staff on their way elsewhere 12 step based with 2 percent success rate small rooms must have a roommate minimal exercise facilities. Pick somewhere else Too religious Used to be funded by Blue Cross and then was dropped when tax advantage disappeared.

good counselors but not enough follow-up programs

fellowship and support was a strength of the facility, but it was costly. Bradford has been around helping men and women for over 30 Years.

Great groups. Needed more time.

This one was recommended because of the patient was enrolled in school, and she would not be able to continue in her choice of study unless treated by the correct facility. Not the facility's fault, but the distance from home was very wearing on the family along with the stress with the patients illness. The program didn't work for our family member the first time. She was admitted a second time and it helped her recover. She was ready...

My husband was in cottage 3 a coed section... I do not feel they should be coed .

I have been in bradford and would ask you to please consider someplace else. It's all about taking your money period!!!! The facility is pretty in the pictures only. When you are sent to your room, it's nasty! Their treatment of the patients is deplorable, they make you feel as if you are the scum of the earth, like you don't feel bad enough already. I was placed with a heroine addict that was forced their by the courts. The girl was scary, she talked about her life as a criminal...I complained and was told that I was no better than her and I would learn to be more open minded. I am a professional healthcare worker, not that! I could go on and on. My best advice is to do some real research and do not send your loved one there, if you do you will lose them.

I was TOTALLY lied to by Bradford. I will NEVER trust a word out of these people's mouths. Stay away from this place!

I came to Bradford in Warrior broken and dejected. I spent 12 weeks in the ECP program. I hated the place in the beginning. There was NO WAY I could live with 16 women. I complied with the program to keep my licensure in the healthcare field. Slowly I put that issue on the back burner as I began to focus on what I needed to do to heal myself. It took several weeks but I began to grasp their message. I made some great friends and really learned how to be a friend. I learned that I wasn't the horrible morally corrupt person I thought I was. I learned I had a medical illness that could be treated. It's not easy but I learned a lot of coping skills that I hope will carry me on the journey in sobriety. If you are reading this review, please know I was once where you are. I'm being honest in my feelings about this place. They have your best interest really. I struggled leaving my family for 3 months and was worried about the cost. But if you think about it treatment costs money. I want to get paid when I go to work just as you do; I saw them work with a lot of people and myself included. The counselors are all in recovery and there are some great ones there. I would suggest giving a try. I'm glad I did. Off to an AA meeting now!

Bradford is a joke. My son was there and all thru do is calculate how much they can collect from your insurance then your out, ready or not.

Nurses are an embarrassment to the profession. Most of them could not even pronounce the names of some of the medications I was talking on a routine basis. If you are a medical professional, they will pressure you into reporting your private medical history to your medical/nursing board whether or not your state mandates this or not. Mine did not and they did NOT like the fact that I refused to report my rehab to my board.

Avoid at all costs.

I would like to second the comment about the evaluation. They are going to say you need treatment whether you truly do or not. Its job security and the all mighty dollar at work. In all my experience I haven't seen one individual go in for evaluation and be cleared. What are the odds of that? Of not at least seeing one person cleared? Very slim to impossible. Just skip the evaluation and go ahead and enroll in treatment if you're ever required to have an "evaluation". The evaluation is a waste of time.

A friend of mine had a daughter who got addicted to pain pills because of scoliosis. She also might've been bipolar also. Anyway, they sent her to get help from Bradford health services in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. During supposedly private group counseling sessions, mentioned that her father drank beer and smoked pot. We grew up in the 1970's and 80's, and are far from perfect. Sure. He drinks beer. He's a good guy that would do almost anything for anyone in need. He gave his son his only vehicle - a truck. There should be more dads like him. I won't speak for him, but maybe some flower children like us even smoke pot sometimes. Maybe, just maybe, our children will learn what NOT to do from us.

If you are required by any Board to have an evaluation to keep your license. Please do know that #1 you will be required to stay extended care for 8-12 weeks. You can leave AMA and be required to surrender your license, they will not keep you against your will.#2 if you do choose to stay the amount of time they require you to, at the end of that time you will be required to have further treatment living at another place for 3months up to 1 year. I wanted to give this comment because I was given this information by a nurse employed there after the admission. Had I known this information I would not have spent 35hundred dollars for an evaluation.

It was a good facility.

Staff, interaction, meetings were strengths of the facility. I know many recovering from addictions and alcoholism who began their recovery at Bradford. They always seem to remember what they learned there.

I emaileda complaint an have not even had a response what's up with that my friend has been at ur facility an several others if not all I agree with the one review I just read all aboutt he money an I'mbroke because 2 facility are supposed to have refunded me money. guess will have to wait an see this has been going on supposedly helping him 11/2 yrs u would think good luck to anyone using them

Family event was a day before d/c we had a family,other patient sit down to tell the patient what we were feeling by what they had done. you would think for that much money the program would have worked. it was clearly all aboot the dollar bill and not the patient. too pricey and not really concerned for the patients long term out come, just get them in and get them out.

The facility in Warrior was referred to us by the staff in Huntsville because of my daughter in laws college career of nursing. They kept family well informed.

There were good counselors. It is co-ed and that is not good for some people. I think there should be more than just the 12 step option available.

Strengths include: patience, love, tolerance, 12 Steps, Big Book study, education, detox, record of successful treatment and prevention of relapse. Would like to see more scholarship availabilities. My sustained remission is proof of their successful treatment plan. If this alcoholic can go from believing I only had 3 options 1. Kill myself, 2. Move on to other substances(alcohol no longer got me to oblivion) or 3. Ask for help, to being able to live life on life's terms with gratitude in my heart and a true joy for life, then it can help anyone. Yes, we do recover.

Not a good place; made my wife worse than she was.

Stay away from this facility. Everything was terrible.

Very nice and compassionate place. They worried too much about women and men participating together. They segregated each of them and I think that made it harder for a lot of people to focus on the right things. I left before I was told I was ready to.

Affordable. Nice accommodations for professionals. Not sure how but I sort of fell through the cracks. Didn't get needed counseling. Didn't do the steps and no one knew or cared. I was Drinking again within 3 months. They wanted me to stay longer based on an test administered by a psychiatrist. My career wouldn't allow me to do that and I asked to continue treatment outpatient. The only thing this place did for me was get me detoxed. The rest of my time there wasn't very helpful for me.

Counselors were excellent. Beautiful facility, great food and good structure to follow for meetings and learning.

The trauma program was wonderful. However, I did not like that they only offered 12-step treatment.

Great detox and many activities to help cope with recovery. Great recovery time. Waking up at 5 am was a downfall. It helped me get into sober living and now I am 48 days sober.

Ex husband went there 2 times. Didn't stay clean. Daughter went once. Didn't stay clean. I think this facility is more about the money than the treatment.

They gave you freedom, which was nice. However, there was too much free time for patients to fraternize. The treatment method does not get to the core problem of the patient.

Friendly, professional staff. EOP is not offered in our area. Interactions with family was a positive attribute of the facility. However, I felt they gave up on people too easily.

Great program.. meet all my needs.. It needed more Jesus.

Beautiful setting. Counselors are recovering addicts that identify and are not intimidating. Regardless of the facility I feel that its really about surrender and acceptance.

Awesome place! Friends and I still go back and do panel meetings and speaker meetings!

I had terrible issue with the detox program and later in treatment I got sick and the doctor would prescribe meds without even meeting with me. The counselors were great but the doctors and nurses were terrible.

They care about your loved one. They themselves have struggled with some form of addition. So whom better to help than someone who has been there. Love the family classes we went to and they were so helpful to us. Wonderful place! This place is a hands on with wonderful counselors and great doctors and nurses. Christian women & men working together for the healing of your loved one. So thankful for this place and what it did for my son. Six years drug & alcohol clean!! Thanks be to God!!

The assistant counselors were recovering addicts. That made me pay attention. It felt like the main counselors and office staff only cared about getting paid, and not the treatment of my illness. There were lots of guys that were there to avoid jail and other issues. I think if you want help, and are willing to work, you can get all the info you need to get on the right track

The staff should be recovered addicts. I was treated very rudely and disrespected.

They had wonderful holistic offerings and staff support.

The absolute worst experience of my life! Never having been incarcerated, I would choose jail over this environment. The atmosphere is contentious at best and hostile at times. The treatment is driven by financial gain and they ALWAYS recommend a lengthy stay regardless of the patient. The treatment itself is one size fits all. No individual therapy.

My son attended Bradford off and on for the past two years. There are several good people working at the facility but overall I would have to rate the program in the two star range because of the financials. The program is way over priced and has MANY hidden cost. The finance dept is a complete disaster. No one know what is going on. At one point they returned several thousand dollars to my insurance and then billed me after the year had ended, which is still a major issue. I would suggest being very very careful in dealing with the organization and getting an attorney to review the contract before you sign up. There are other places that are available and I would highly advise checking them out.

The staff was extremely supportive and I greatly enjoyed the holistic offerings.

Very expensive, completely ineffective. No follow-up. It's a disgrace...

The staff were extremely respectful.

Staff was well trained.

Lack of counseling, inflated prices, dishonest staff, NO communication. They promised weekly family conference calls, but cancelled 4 of 6 calls at the last minute. Our referring family counselor was appalled. We have discussed Bradford in AL with many parents in our FA support group and ALL have had issues with Bradford Health Care and would never go back...False advertising, poor communication, lack of addiction education and the list goes on and on...over priced as they did NOT do what they promised. It was a financial nightmare getting a refund from Bradford...Bradford's ONLY benefit was the "family program" but the family contact was not qualified and failed in every area. We had agreed for a 12 week program and paid for it, but our son was discharged without notice or preparation 3 weeks early. He had NO relapse education. They said they were in need of beds for military personal. I would NOT recommend this facility to anyone...Offered absolutely NO discharge plan, after it was promised. Discharged him early with only 6 hours notice. Their plan did not work! We are totally disappointed with Bradford. It is only about money.

I guess it was clean ... Decent food, speakers and outings and some counselors okay...Minimal individual counseling and treatment to work through personal issues not appropriate for group ... minimal contact with family and for me personally the anxiety from lack of contact with my kids kept me distracted and anxious and greatly affected my treatment negatively... Felt the program is very old school outdated with little attention to unique individualized needs also everyone that could potentially pay for longer stay was pitched the expensive treatment...I believe for some people the group model and 12 steps and this program may be sufficient but for people that needs to address trauma and want individual help and to be in contact with family during treatment try somewhere else

Was connected to outpatient counseling for after care.

They want as much money as they can get from you. The counselors told me which words I could use to describe my feelings. When I expressed how I felt about the finances, they said it was my fault that the insurance company was late with payments. They told me I needed to express my emotions more so that I would recover. I had to fake expressions just to please them so that they would let me complete treatment. It was called the "Bradford Scam," meaning that you had to act badly and then change just to prove that their program succeeded. What people did was violate the regulations and amend their ways just to prove something to the staff.

It was well organized, and a great experiance

Professional and evidence-based.

The facility did not keep patient information confidential.

Too much emphasis on profit, not nearly enough on patient care, only one individual counseling session during entire stay. Kicked me out because insurance stopped paying and could not private pay

It worked for me. I started back drinking I could handle it now. I was wrong of course. I knew what I had to do to quit drinking.

For the most part it is a loving community with trained staff at least half of whom are recovering themselves. Still the best around even with problems. Needed more training for staff - had a sink or swim attitude - needed more inservices and respect for protocol.

My father was an alcoholic for over 40 yrs. The clinic helped him detox and get sober. he has been sober for almost 4 yrs now. It truly is a blessing to have him clean.

This place makes them want something better that drugs and alcohol... Drying them out gets the anger and hate out.

The facility was very expensive....and did not allow personal visits.

The treatment plan is extensive, but too short. It's expensive and 14 day treatment is not enough.

I would consider for myself or recommend for a loved one if they needed treatment.

The family days we spent there were extremely useful. We were made more knowledgeable and received tools to help us better help our son with addiction. So I would give them a 5 in that respect. If he was able to stay there a year, maybe it would have helped, but 30 days is not enough time to help anyone. The group session after care was only of value to me because I felt less alone as a parent but I don't feel it was helpful to my child. And the price was extremely unreasonable.

Great counselors. Empowered me with the right tools to aid in my recovery

Good facility, organized, well structured and strict enough.....counselors were tough but kind

I was considering taking my life before Bradford because I felt so worthless due to my addiction to opiates. The time I spent at Bradford saved my life and made me know that addiction doesn't care whose life it choses. Addiction knows no color, race, religion, or sex. I know that I could not have stopped the drugs on my own. Some of the people that I went to Rehab with have died while others, thank God are still active in their Rehab. Some that I know have relapsed and are in recovery again. I am blessed. I have had a strong support system that I am so grateful for. The last 12 years I would not trade for anything.

I didn't want to go but once there I had the greatest time, even spent my 45th birthday there and it was the best gift I ever received.

Quality of Group very good. I would highly recommend

Overall experience was wounderful. More like a vacation than treatment.

The staff (acted as though) money was the main motivation

The experience was life changing. I am so glad I made the decision to attend Bradford in Warrior. The people and the treatment were both exactly what I needed at the lowest point in my life. I would recommend it to anyone suffering from addiction.

Saved my life!

I had a great experience at Bradford although I was ready to quit so I think it helped.

Overall a good experience and life changing experience. The counselors that were recovering addicts and alcoholics were the best.

Great place. Worth the cost. I'd go again if necessary.

They know what you need even when you dont, A very well organized recovery goal and they are serious about rehabilitation.

Oxford Treatment Center