1171 107th Street
Grand Prairie TX 75050

Greenhouse Philosophy

The Greenhouse is a residential rehab that’s dedicated to stopping the pain and destruction caused by alcoholism and drug addiction. In a beautiful, serene, and amenity-filled environment, clients receive unparalleled care that addresses every aspect of the person — body, mind, and spirit — to help them break free from the cycle of substance abuse. By discovering and addressing the core emotional issues underlying the disease and resulting behaviors, individuals are able to begin building a path to a new life.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-occurring Disorders Treatment

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

Art Therapy

Solution Focused Therapy

Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

Michael Cartwright

Chairman & Co-Founder, American Addiction Centers

Currently, the Chairman of the Board of American Addiction Centers, a national behavioral healthcare company with treatment centers located in Southern California, Nevada, Texas, Tennessee and Florida, Michael offers treatment and recovery options for drug, alcohol, mental health, and binge eating disorders. The 5 Essential Elements play a key role in American Addiction Centers’ clinical programs and are integral to the AAC culture.

Leslie Noble, MS, LPC-S

Clinical Director

Leslie is a Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor with over 20 years’ experience in the addiction and mental health field. She holds a Master's degree in Counseling and Development, from Texas Woman's University in Denton, Texas. She specializes in Addiction Rehabilitation, Co-Dependency, Anger Management, and various Women's issues in treatment. She is passionate about meeting client's needs, and helping them on the road to recovery.

Rehabs.com Editorial Review

ABOUT GREENHOUSE

The Greenhouse is owned by American Addiction Centers (AAC), which operates 12 treatment facilities around the country. From a former luxury day spa, midway between Dallas and Fort Worth, the Greenhouse offers medical detox, residential treatment, and outpatient programs at several intensities, for adult men and women struggling with substance abuse and dual diagnosis.

Treatment begins with a comprehensive medical and psychological evaluation. During both residential and outpatient treatment, the center aims to treat the whole person, using 12-step principles and optional 12-step meetings, plus evidence-based methodologies such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and motivational interviewing (MI) alongside standard individual, group, and family counseling. Also in the core program is a proprietary curriculum called Embracing Change: Recovery for Life, a workbook series that aims to engage and educate clients about addiction and recovery. The center is equipped to treat co-occurring disorders including but not limited to PTSD, anxiety, depression, and bipolar disorder. Holistic options include expressive arts therapy, challenge therapy, and wellness groups.

The center’s website indicates that residential treatment typically lasts 90 days, and that any client who successfully completes 90 days of inpatient treatment and subsequently relapses is eligible for 30 days of free treatment. Outpatient programming options consist of a partial hospitalization program (PHP) and an intensive outpatient program (IOP).

For aftercare, the center provides recovery support groups on common themes of early recovery.

Each client works with a primary therapist and a multidisciplinary treatment team, including physicians, psychiatrists, nurses, licensed psychologists, and social workers. The 13 individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the staff’s level of training and experience gave it an average rating of 4.15 out of five stars.

Greenhouse’s 130-bed mansion is a luxurious facility set in a former spa. Amenities include housekeeping, an indoor pool and hot tub, a fitness center, and a spa, offering spa services. All meals are reportedly gourmet, and special attention is paid to diet and nutrition. The 13 individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center’s cleanliness gave it an average rating of four out of five stars.

Of the 27 alumni reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date, 15 were positive, six mixed, and six negative. The 10 alumni polled on the facility’s performance in a variety of treatment metrics gave it average ratings of 4.1 out of five stars, 3.9 out of five stars, and 3.6 out of five stars respectively for its family program, counseling options, and holistic options.

Among the positive reviewers, there was frequent praise for the staff and the physical facility, and several reviewers even credited The Greenhouse with saving their lives.

There were also numerous recurring criticisms. Among the most common — and most specific — of these was the complaint that every meal consisted of chicken or fish. In addition, several clients described the program’s lectures as unhelpful and repetitive, more than one client said the facility was run down or less pleasant than shown in the official pictures, and several alumni complained of having to wait a week to see a doctor. In addition, some alumni described the center’s staff as rude and uncaring. “Their medical care is subpar,” K.M. wrote in a representative review, and V.T. added: “Their staff are rude, they will loose your belongings, and they do not have good communication skills.”

All four of the reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date were negative; however, there was little repetition between loved ones’ complaints. “From a place that hails family involvment it has been a nighmare for us to be involved,” Deanna wrote, and Kim added: “They don't monitor inappropriate behavior well enough.” In the most serious complaint submitted to Rehabs.com, S.C. wrote: “The counseling was sub-par and they released my daughter despite her telling them she wasn't ready. She died one day later from an overdose.”

The center accepts private insurance as well as self-pay, and offers payment plans. The 13 individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center’s affordability gave it an average rating of 3.69 out stars.

Updated February 2017

Published on February 2017

Hands down! My first treatment, but I enjoyed myself. It gave me a new life. The facility is nice and comfortable. The food is good and it's very clean.

I have had a very good stay.

Great staff, great cleaning employees, great food staff. Overall a very nice facility that was more than accommodating.

Staff is great! It was the most amazing experience of my life! Thank you Greenhouse staff!

Great experience with the customer service. BHT's could use more training on teaching groups. I really enjoyed the comrade with the other house mates, the structured and learning. Additional attention that was paid with great detail. I now have tools to be successful with my sober living.

Great facility, great staff, excellent education on my addiction and how to manage it.

I came here completely unprepared, not knowing what to expect or what to bring. I was aided by the staff as well as other clients to acquire everything I needed to get through the program. I was a little confused at first but the process came easily.

Strengths include: Good Food Clean Rooms Gym Yoga Meditation. A downfall was that BHT's are not well trained in recovery. Greenhouse is a great place to heal from addiction if you're serious about recovery.

My stay was excellent and they came me the tools I needed to better understand my addiction.

Great Staff Thanks for all the wonderful staff from the Housekeeping and up. I have no complaints. The food was good. BHT's were helpful. Staff were super nice and professional..

the staff at Greenhouse is extremely well trained food and snacks are healthy and there is a good variety to choose from Stricter policies could be enforced to maintain a positive community The clinical, medical and support staff are all very helpful and extremely motivated to assist each of us with our individual issues. I was hesitant to choose Greenhouse at first, due to the size and number of clients. However, it became clear within the first couple of days that the staff make it a priority to get to know each of the clients individually. I very much would recommend Greenhouse to any person struggling with addiction.

The therapist staff, Esthter, Hans, Gail, Sterling are outstanding! The classes the therapist teach are great. My case manager Silvadia is the best I could have ever asked for. N/A The therapist staff, Esthter, Hans, Gail, Sterling are outstanding! The classes the therapist teach are great. My case manager Silvadia is the best I could have ever asked for.

I just completed 31 days at the Greenhouse. This was my 1st treatment center. I can say most classes were great but one staff was the best!! Def learned a lot from her. You only do truly get chicken or fish!! Housekeepers & laundry was awesome!! BHT's def need more experience some were not so friendly! You only meet with a therapist once a week! Kirk was awesome as my caseworker!! All nurses were very friendly & kind!! The overall place was under Reno while I was there for my stay!! The detox floor had really nice rooms then when I got downstairs the rooms were just okay!! I'm doing great from my experience & in a sober living home taking it one day at a time!!

Strengths: Working the 12-Steps Friendliness of the staff and the other clients. Greenhouse is great at working the 12-Steps Friendliness of the staff and the other clients.

I have nothing to say.

This is my first time in a treatment center. i have had the opportunity to understand my addiction and how i need to recover from this long term. i feel very blessed to have had the education i needed to live a a better life going forward. i am empowered and ready to live a good life. thank you to all the staff for their unconditional support and for allowing me to "work throughout" my treatment without any judgement whatsoever and with the best human intentions. N/A This is my first time in a treatment center. i have had the opportunity to understand my addiction and how i need to recover from this long term. i feel very blessed to have had the education i needed to live a a better life going forward. i am empowered and ready to live a good life. thank you to all the staff for their unconditional support and for allowing me to "work throughout" my treatment without any judgement whatsoever and with the best human intentions.

Overall highly Satisfied. Very Valuable Experience N/A Overall highly Satisfied. Very Valuable Experience

I been to the green house 3 times in the last 3 years Everytime it work for me I didn't want to quit using I had reservations on rrlaspe while I pretend and fool everyone else but myself that I was doing the steps when in actuality I was faking it till I made it but it cost me I'm 60 years old and I'm back in the same position fuck up I have no insurance now so I can't come back I hope that the green house will give me one more chance to save my life again... Because it works. Please pray for me

Good employees! I felt safe!

Silvadia Moore,Client care coordinator was great with my case. chicken offer during every meal would have made it better. it was a great experience with the brotherhood and sisterhood, and the growth that we all made together, in our plight to follow the 12 steps programs... Silvadia Moore,Client care coordinator was great with my case and I was't even her client. She treats everyone with so much respect!

Great Meetings and wonderful yoga and meditation classes. Great food, and some skilled therapist. Lack of training for the BHT's was a weakness. BHT also need training on how to deal with clients that have an addiction. BHTs don't have the skills to deal with behavior. Some BHTs are unfriendly. Thank you so much you saved my life.

The staff was very friendly and helpful! The food is great, the rooms are nice, and the teachers are very good and know what they are talking about! I recommend this place 100%. Without this place I don't know where I would be right now!

The staff here are very caring and knowledgeable in helping me and others with a successful recovery program.This facility is a full featured facility, i.e. alcohol, drugs etc. and has literally saved my life along with many others. I recommend this facility in the strongest way.

The groups, counselors, doctors and my case manager are excellent. The groups, counselors, doctors and my case manager are excellent.

Facility strengths would have to be the staff who are fully knowledgeable about the rehabilitation steps and ways to talk to certain clients when they are irritated or aggravated, it will also have to be the housekeeping who always kept my clothes clean and neatly folded and my room squeeky clean! Last but not least it would have to be the chef and the lunch staff for the great and healthy food!!!! satisfied to the fullest.Id have to say the monitoring of some of the clients here who don't go to class and still get too leave. it's not fair to us all who work our tails off to get sober but some people just get away with doing nothing at all. Better monitoring of students would be great. Facility strengths would have to be the staff who are fully knowledgeable about the rehabilitation steps and ways to talk to certain clients when they are irritated or aggravated, it will also have to be the housekeeping who always kept my clothes clean and neatly folded and my room squeeky clean! Last but not least it would have to be the chef and the lunch staff for the great and healthy food!!!! satisfied to the fullest.

Great Clinicians, and staff friendly.Difficult time getting to Doctor.Wonderful treatment and facility

Sometimes it can seem like the place us wholly unorganized. However the staff and program as well as amnenites are pretty top notch. And the program is good too.

If you're ready to get well they are there to help and show you the solution.

This was my third rehab. Best place I went to they saved my life. Being over 50 I understood this more than the younger pts. I would recomend this to anyone who wants to be clean. I was thier 60 days and was treated with great care and respect. I had three meals a day all my laundry was done for me and have to do this myself know can I please come back for a vacation.

I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE LEVEL OF CARE. THE STAFF WAS GREAT, UNDERSTANDING, AND LISTENED WELL. YES AS ANY PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT THEY CAN RUN SHORT STAFFED BUT THEY'D MAKE TIME FOR YOU. GOOD FOOD, BEST TEACHER WAS MS. ANNETTE.. SHE TURNED ME AROUND. THANKS GREENHOUSE.

Either chicken or fish for dinner 7 days a week. Only have air conditioning in detox rooms... They will also call your family behind your back

The friendliness of the staff, the quality of the food, the cleanliness of the facility, the devotion of the therapists, the amazing dedication of the case manager's to their clients. There could be more sober activities organized outside of the treatment center and they need to reinstate computer time for clients outside of meeting with their case managers. The Greenhouse Treatment Center is a top notch rehab center. They are growing at a quick rate and have a few things to work on when it comes to sober activities outside of the facility but those decisions are in process.

Knowledge of instructors on addiction. People are all pleasant and apathetic to needs. The facility is in excellent condition and well maintained. No weakness The facility at Greenhouse is more than I expected and I would recomend the Greenhouse to family and friends .

They will tell you whatever they think you want to hear to get your warm body in a bed. Their medical care is subpar. It took over a week to gets any meds for my diabetes and even longer to get help when I found a lump in my breast. Most lectures are taught by people with no first hand knowledge of addictions and are repetitive leaving me stuck feeling as if I was living the same awful day over and over. I did however gain a greater insight into what drove me to use but that was done all by myself and thru talking and interacting with my peers. Everything great I took away from this experience involved the friendships I made and a select few of the staff. They basically only serve chicken or fish for 2 meals a day every day. Just gross. Since this was my first rehab experience I have nothing to compare it too...

Beautiful grounds. Not allowed to go outside. Poorly trained uncaring staff. Not honest. We made it clear we didn't want to go down cold turkey. They said she would get the best medical care.

I was a resident there for roughly 50 days. I went from detox to I P to G HOP. my experience was great. the staff were awesome, they took care of everything - even had housekeeping to do my laundry and clean my room. that way I could spend 100% of my time on myself. it made a difference, I saw my addiction for what it was and gained a new understanding of it. I was able to work though it and move on with my life. thank you to the b h t's and the counselors at g hop. the ones at I P were kinda lacking but G HOP made up for it. thank you again greenhouse for helping me clean up and learn how to stay that way!!!

Run down facility that looks nothing like the pictures online. Takes approx. a week to meet with your doctor- Disappointing all around

Terrible facility that looks nothing like the pictures online. Also- should you decide to leave even a day earlier than is advised... you are shown the door and left with nothing to support your decision to go home.

Too much energy devoted to keeping the genders apart and not enough attention or devotion in addressing the clients who really need the help. I know it's a for profit company but too many clients are there for too many rehabs. Get better counselors . Overall not a bad place

quality of care and excellant couselors. a little on the expensive side. i would recommend going their for treatment.

Fantastic counselors who truly care about their patients but I felt that men were treated with much more respect than women. This center absolutely saved my life. The social skills training and cognitive behavioral therapy helped me learn to function in society. They taught me to love my life again and value my future.

The facility was understaffed, the patients never could get psychiatric help as they were understaffed, there was no exercise, they ate chicken for every meal, the counseling was sub-par and they released my daughter despite her telling them she wasn't ready. She died one day later from an overdose.

I didn't learn any coping skills while there. I did sober up and I reevaluated my life. I don't think that it was anything that they said or did.

Worked well with family. Great food and nice accommodations. 12 step and CBT therapy were strengths. I would highly recommend this facility.

great facility however the G HOP is a horrifying ...very poorly staffed amongst other serious faults!!! my best bfriend having nitemares still

Strengths: exercise, food nutrition cleaniness. Weaknesses: quality of staff. Be prepares to do a lot of your own work if you really want to get help

Awesome experience, would highly recommend and even go back upon relapse

Longest 30 days of my life. Classes were non-informative, and repeated every other week. We literally ate chicken everyday. Staff members called "BHT's" hated their jobs and took out their feelings on the patients. They don't take you anywhere off campus besides the park down the road, so for 30 days (or however long you stay) you feel trapped and it gets depressing. The schedule is the same everyday, monotonous. All there really is to do there is go to groups and eat chicken and fish everyday. In the program there is a mixture of old and young, 18-65. Most of the youngsters are there for the wrong reasons and don't take their recovery seriously. Their very obnoxious and really just mess around causing trouble, try to create drama. The facility atmosphere is top notch, ill give them that, but that's really all they got going for them. Also, if your insurance is paying for you to be there, don't expect them to pay for all of it. When I got home, waiting for me in the mail was a bill for $3,450. And im not the only one who got a bill like this either, so its not that my insurance is bad. I could go on for pages about why not to go or send a loved one here, but I don't feel like typing anymore, haha

The people there really care! However, it was quite pricey.

Had to beg to ever get any one on one time with my personal therapist. The people who stood around and made sure nobody did anything against the rules were TERRIBLE at their job, and when they did get on to somebody they went at it the complete wrong way. Nursing was a night mare because you had to have a doctors order after a certain amount of days to even get vitamins, and it took about a week to even see a doctor. Classes were repeated constantly making me feel like it was groundhogs day. Couldn't even go smoke a cigarette after 1030 unless you begged and pleaded and then they would still say no. Was constantly talked down to about being an addict by the staff. There's much good, but the bad outweighs it.

My sister has been there for a few weeks and from a place that hails family involvment it has been a nighmare for us to be involved. Not sure how it all works but it seems like getting in touch with someone is a real task... if we would have been in touch with the councelors sooner we would have been able to give valuable insite into our family dynamic and the reason my sister is having so much trouble today. Unfortunatly, this did not happen in time. I would not recomment this place. There is no kind of security ( apparently). It seems like a posh place but who needs that when you just want to keep your family member alive. I think we assumed she would not be able to leave and thus made us feel like she was safe, but she is not safe.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. If you are expecting good care I would personally suggest looking somewhere else. Their staff are rude, they will loose your belongings, and they do not have good communication skills. They will tell your family that they will be well involved with them but that is wrong they will not be in contact with your family. I have been stressed out more by this facility then anyone should ever have to. Don't think that your family member will be treated well because they won't. They have young uncaring teenagers in the facility that cause more drama then anything. The patients nurses don't speak well English. I am very let down by such an expensive facility. Think things over before sending your family member here.

Would definitely go back!

It was worth the cost because gaining sobriety and peace of mind is priceless. It is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. Non-judgmental, genuinely concerned, extremely well qualified expert counseling and treatment essentially saved my life and the lives of many others.

nice staff. bad food. worth the distance.

Strengths: Staff Alumni Support Food. great place . like a vacation

This place stinks! They don't monitor inappropriate behavior well enough and hold back recovery literature. OMG, the things that my wife has told me! She's still there for three more days.

saved my life, so amazing!

Great staff overall, food was healthy, classes informative. Facility very clean

Facility members are nice and understanding. However, the facility was not always staffed to handle the patients. Pick another place to go get treatment.

Fantastic counselors, an array of treatment options, great payment plans and a gorgeous facility. Highly recommended. However, I felt there was [poor behavior] from the staff. Nonetheless, this rehab center saved my life. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is motivated to change their life.

Sunspire Health Texas
  • Detox
  • Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
Elevations Health