About Our Story & Mission
Updated: June 14, 2018
Rehabs.com was founded in 2011 with two goals in mind: to provide information for those suffering with substance abuse and behavioral addictions — either personally or through loved ones — and to connect those people with the treatment programs that can help them.
Through raising awareness and matching people with the services they need, we save families and lives. The information and referrals we provide at Rehabs.com are meant to supplement, rather than take the place of advice from your medical professional. Please consult your primary care physician about any drug, alcohol or behavioral addiction issues you, a family member or friend may be experiencing. If you feel you are in imminent danger with a life-threatening emergency, dial 911.
Rehabs.com is currently undertaking the largest known-data collection, surveying, and rating project in the addiction treatment space. Where no prior, nationwide, evidence-based rating system has existed, Rehabs.com will offer one in order to elevate the availability of quality information and provide an opportunity for facilities to participate in raising the standards of care.
Rehabs.com is developed and maintained by Recovery Brands, with offices in San Diego, CA, Los Angeles, CA, and New York, NY. After its acquisition by American Addiction Centers in mid-2015, Recovery Brands now operates as a division of Sober Media Group, LLC, a digital media arm of AAC. Subsidiaries of AAC operate the following treatment centers:
- AdCare Boston Outpatient
- AdCare Hospital
- AdCare North Dartmouth Outpatient
- AdCare Quincy Outpatient
- AdCare Rhode Island
- AdCare Warwick Outpatient
- AdCare West Springfield Outpatient
- AdCare Worcester Outpatient
- Clinical Services of Rhode Island, Greenville
- Clinical Services of Rhode Island, Portsmouth
- Clinical Services of Rhode Island, South Kingstown
- Desert Hope
- Desert Hope Treatment Center – Outpatient
- Laguna Treatment Hospital
- Oxford Treatment Center, Etta
- Oxford Treatment Center, Olive Branch
- Oxford Treatment Center, Oxford
- Oxford Treatment Center, Tupelo
- Recovery First
- Recovery First
- River Oaks
- San Diego Addiction Treatment Center
- Solutions Recovery
- Sunrise House
- Townsend Recovery Center – New Orleans
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Baton Rouge
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Covington
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Houma
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Lafayette
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Lake Charles
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Metairie
- Townsend Treatment Centers, New Orleans
Rehabs in the Media
Our editorial content provides insightful, topical, informative stories addressing addiction, behavioral disorders, drug crime, drug policy, and recovery. We frequently enlist treatment professionals at the forefront of their field to create compelling, often visual content, to generate large scale awareness. We have been featured in many of your favorite news sources, such as:
Most requests to incorporate quotes, blurbs, original images, or illustrations will be approved so long as you do not alter them, and provided you credit Rehabs.com with proper attribution of our site as the original source. Please contact us to make specific requests.
What Happens When I Call?
Our industry-leading treatment directory offers thousands of free and sponsored listings at no cost to our visitors.We work with AAC and other sponsoring treatment centers to ensure that every call is answered, and admissions advice is available to everyone, free of charge. Near each helpline number, you will find a “Who Answers?” link or similar link that explains which treatment centers will answer your call.
Rehabs.com does not receive any “commission” or other fee that is dependent upon which treatment provider a visitor may ultimately choose to use the services of.
Some of Rehabs.com’s Professional Contributors
- John F. Kelly, Ph.D: Harvard Medical School
- Anne Fletcher, M.S., R.D.: Author of “Inside Rehab”
- Kevin A. Sabet: Project SAM (Smart Approaches to Marijuana)
- Mark Kleiman, Ph.D., M.P.P.: UCLA School of Public Affairs