Recovery Brands sent out a 2016 survey asking individuals leaving a rehabilitation clinic what facility features they believed to be as the most important aspects to examine when considering treatment. The top priority was the center's monetary policies, for example payment options, financial support, and insurance accepted. They also placed a high importance on clinic offerings (food, comforts, quality of food, etc.) significantly more upon finishing treatment. Individuals new to treatment should examine a clinic's financial options as well as the facility's offerings to inform their final treatment decision. Read More
If you or someone you love is struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, you may need to find an inpatient drug rehab center. Inpatient drug rehabilitation centers can give you the intensive therapy and tools you need to defeat alcohol and drug addiction so you can get back on the right path and live a successful, happy and productive life.
What Are Inpatient Addiction Treatment Centers?
Inpatient treatment centers give you the opportunity to live with other people who are struggling with drug or alcohol addiction while getting the help you need to recover from your addiction.
Residential drug and alcohol rehab centers provide 24/7 care from staff personnel and require that you live at the center for a certain period of time. Inpatient facilities located at hospitals offer around-the-clock medical care from healthcare professionals, while inpatient facilities located outside of a hospital may offer intermittent care from medical personnel.
12-step and Non-12-step Support Groups
At an inpatient center, you'll receive therapy on a daily basis. In many cases, you may also attend 12-step recovery support programs. These group meetings provide peer support and recovery advice as you begin to work the steps with others in similar addiction situations. Other residential facilities use alternative non-12-step support groups. For more information on the difference between 12-step and non-12-step support groups, read here.
A 5-minute Call Can Change Your Life.
Call today to find a program that can get you on the road to recovery.
Variations Across Inpatient Centers
Different inpatient rehab centers will vary with regards to the details of their treatment offerings. The length of the rehab program, for example, tends to vary across different residential drug and alcohol rehab centers. Some programs are as short as 30 days, while other programs can last up to a year.
Inpatient centers also vary in terms of autonomy. Some programs are lock-down programs, so you must stay at the center for the entire time and cannot have visitors. Other programs allow you to come and go as you please.
Treatment program considerations
Finding the Best Inpatient Treatment Center
When evaluating each program, you should consider several factors. No one program is right for everybody, but if you look carefully at what each program has to offer, you should be able to find an inpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation center that meets your needs.
Consider asking these questions as you evaluate which inpatient facility is best for you:
1. What types of addictions does the facility treat? If your primary problem is with alcohol, you might want to use an alcohol rehabilitation center rather than one that deals with all types of drugs and addictions. Different drugs also require different types of help. For example, a prescription drug addiction may require detoxification and other treatments that certain other drug addictions don't require.
2. Is the program geared towards any specific group of individuals? Some inpatient drug rehab centers are designed specifically for high-level executives, for women or for LGBT individuals. Other programs have more diverse patient populations. If you have special needs because you identify with a particular community, you might want to choose a residential treatment center that caters to your particular demographic.
3. What are the accommodations like? While the accommodations may not be as important as the treatment plan, itself, you will probably still want to feel comfortable in your new surroundings. Since you'll most likely be residing at the facility for a minimum of 30 days, your surroundings should feel pleasant and positive.
Luxury inpatient facilities, for example, can sometimes seem more like resorts than hospitals. They offer a wide range of extra services and amenities that can include acupuncture, equine therapy, golf ranges and spa treatments. Depending on your needs and income level, you might want to consider these facilities to make your stay more comfortable.
4. What types of treatment are available? Most inpatient drug rehabilitation centers offer both group and individual therapy and counseling. Different types of therapeutic interventions may be available, depending on the type of center you go to. Do you want to attend a program, for example, that also requires family members to attend therapy sessions? Is the inpatient facility at a hospital where you can receive 24/7 access to professional medical services?
Also consider if you will be needing a facility that is equipped to care for any other coexisting medical or mental health conditions you may have—i.e., a dual diagnosis treatment center.
5. Do you need to maintain an active presence at your place of work during residential rehab? If so, consider exploring an executive rehab center, where you will be able to receive quality inpatient care while still engaging with your daily work responsibilities.
6. Do the program costs work for your budget and insurance? Inpatient programs tend to range between $2,000-$25,000, depending on the location, amenities provided, type and length of the program. So it's important to find out if and how much your insurance will cover for you.
If the price is still out of your range, talk with someone who can sort through your options with you. In addition to cheaper outpatient programs, there may be alternative inpatient programs available to you with the help of sliding scale payment options or financing plans.
Take advantage of exploring at least a few different inpatient drug rehab centers before making a final decision so you can evaluate all of these factors and determine which center will best meet your needs.
Rehabilitation services can be expensive. It's important to talk to the intake personnel at the facility before agreeing to enter an inpatient residential drug or alcohol rehab program so you understand exactly what you are going to have to pay for.
Inpatient residential drug rehabilitation programs often require you to pay for food, room and board and miscellaneous other expenses as well as for the therapy and other services that you receive through the program.
Some of your costs may be covered by insurance. Check with your insurance company to find out whether you can be reimbursed for the cost of rehabilitation.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Inpatient drug rehabilitation centers are required by law to have confidentiality policies in place. Your treatment is considered medical treatment – so nobody but you, your doctors and others directly involved in your treatment plan have the right to know about it.
The Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a strict privacy law that was established by Congress in 1996. It serves to protect the security and privacy of your medical information and carries with it heavy civil and criminal penalties for privacy violations – including imprisonment and fines ranging from $100 to $250,000, depending on the violation committed.
Executive and Luxury Rehab Centers
Executive Rehab Centers
When work-related duties are keeping you or someone you care about from looking for care for a problem with illicit substances or behavior-related addiction, executive rehab centers would be a convenient solution to consider. Executive rehab centers combine top-rated drug abuse and behavioral addiction inpatient treatments with the ability to simultaneously maintain an active presence at work.
Luxury Rehab Centers
Luxury addiction treatment clinics furnish the top-shelf amenities you would expect to enjoy only in the nation's best hotels, with your recovery and comfort both taking top priority. From housekeeping services and in-house massage therapy to gym facilities and 5-star meals, you can receive high quality addiction treatment for yourself or someone you care about while pampering yourself with plush amenities.
Search for a Residential Drug Rehab Center
If you are ready to enter rehab and reclaim your life from a drug or alcohol addiction, call us at 1-888-341-7785. We can answer any questions you have about residential drug rehab centers and connect you with an inpatient treatment program that can address your addiction issue.
It takes time and effort to find the appropriate inpatient residential drug rehab program for your needs. It's important to take your time so you find the inpatient residential drug rehabilitation program that is most likely to help you achieve sobriety.
No matter what addiction you are struggling with, you can overcome it with the right kind of help.
Clinical Services of Rhode Island, Portsmouth
Satori Recovery Center
Laguna Beach, CA