1st Step Behavioral Health in Pompano Beach, FL

3685 North Federal Highway
Pompano Beach FL 33064

1st Step Behavioral Health Philosophy

1st Step Behavioral Health’s drug addiction treatment is committed to helping the individual, not just treating the addiction. Each person has their own story, their own unique history and experience with how and why addiction and mental health concerns became a problem. While various factors may play a common role in how addictive patterns effect behavior, it’s not realistic to expect there will be a singular method of treatment which will work for everyone.

At our alcohol and drug treatment center, programs and methods are customizable to suit the individual. Group, individual and family therapy and involvement will be a part of the care offered at 1st Step. However, none of our clients will be treated like a number in a group, and each will be given independent and thorough consults, assessments and feedback. What you can expect from 1st Step Behavioral Health is a highly personalized level of care which makes the distinction of having a significant and lasting impact in our client’s recovery.

• Aftercare Support
    Addiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.

Life Skills

Relapse Prevention

Substance Abuse Education

Augustine Crocco, LCSW

CEO

Gus formed 1st Step Behavioral Health on the concept of providing a full continuum of care. We pride ourselves on having achieved the goal of becoming one of the few accredited care facilities that determines their client’s discharge date based upon clinical assessment rather than financial resources. Our goals extend beyond the client’s enrollment in our program as we continue to provide support and encouragement well beyond discharge.

Naz Andekian

COO

Naz Andekian Joined 1st Step in 2014 as Director of Program Development. After working 4 years as director of admissions in steps to recovery, Naz brought his expertise and knowledge to First Step Behavioral Health. Naz was a client in 2010 and says he knew this place had the ability to save and change many lives. “I am grateful to have been given this opportunity to work for the very place that saved my life, and now work with humility as part of a team that helps others to save their own on a daily basis.” Naz is convinced that he works for the best treatment center in the nation, and is proud to be part of such a caring team of individuals who always put the needs of our clients first.

ABOUT 1ST STEP BEHAVIORAL HEALTH

Located in in South Florida’s Pompano Beach, 1st Step Behavioral Health offers a full-continuum of substance abuse treatment services for adults who are struggling substance abuse and co-occurring disroders. The facility offers inpatient treatment, partial hospitalization (PHP), outpatient treatment (OP), and intensive outpatient treatment (IOP). Additionally, sober living facilities are available as well as on-site detox.

According to 1st Step Behavioral Health's website, individuals in need of medical assistance begin their treatment in the facility’s detox unit, which often uses medication to help with withdrawal symptoms. The average length of stay in the detox unit is between seven to 14 days. Once stabilized, clients typically move to inpatient treatment.

Each client’s treatment plan is highly individualized and based on a comprehensive nursing assessment and evaluation, medical history, physical assessment, and initial psychiatric evaluation.

The treatment program follows evidence- based and 12-Step program methods. Programming includes a combination of individual therapy, group therapy, gender group therapy, family counseling, addiction education, life skills development, holistic therapy, and relapse prevention.

The Partial Hospitalization Program offers similar treatment and support as the inpatient treatment, but on a lower level of intensity. Additional therapy may include ego-modifying therapy, experiential therapy, rational emotive therapy, role playing, and therapy for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Outpatient treatment and intensive outpatient treatment offer additional levels of step-down treatment.Sober living facilities are used in conjunction with partial hospitalization or outpatient treatment.

1st Step Behavioral Health's website notes the treatment team includes registered nurses and nurse practitioners, licensed professional counselors (LPC), certified alcohol and drug counselors (CADC), licensed mental health counselors (LMHC), and licensed social workers (LSW). The center has a 1:1 staff-to-client ratio, and it is one of the 192 (26.8 percent) of Florida facilities that are Joint Commission Accredited.

1st Step Behavioral Health's website indicates th sober living facilities are available to all clients, including those enrolled in outpatient programs. Clients live in fully-furnished apartment-style accommodations equipped with semi-private bedrooms, small kitchens, and common areas. Amenities include an on-site swimming pool, outdoor seating areas, and gym access.

Patients participating in inpatient treatment can go to the gym five nights a week and have the option of chiropractic and massage therapy. The facility’s website indicates that transportation is available for 12-step meetings outside the facility, supervised grocery shopping, and for weekend fellowship activities.

The more than a hundred alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided mostly positive commentary. Multiple alumni praised the center, and noting the treatment program and staff saved their life. The 35 alumni surveyed on different metrics provided high ratings when asked if they would recommend 1st Step Behavioral Health and for the staff's experience.

Staff's experience: 4.4/5
Would recommend: 4.5/5

"The staff in a whole are great people and genuinely care about the clients on a professional and personal level," an alum wrote in a representative review. "I would highly suggest this treatment center to anyone."

Alumni also praised other aspects including its leisure activities, and gave high ratings for family participation, cleanliness, and affordability.

Exercise & leisure: 4.2/5
Family participation: 4.2/5
Cleanliness: 4.4/5
Affordability: 4.2/3

"First Step saved my life and I would recommend this facility to anyone in need," another alum wrote in a representative review."

To date, the 142 people to leave reviews on its Facebook page, which it has the ability to manage, gave an average of 4.8 out of five stars. [1]

The more than 17 loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided mostly positive reviews. Loved ones also rated the center high for almost all metrics, and mostly all indicated they would recommend 1st Step Behavioral Health.

Would recommend: 4.5/5

Loved ones also praised the center's programming, counseling options, family participation, and exercise & leisure. "My daughter was in several and this is by far the best caring and effective facility," a loved one wrote.

Counseling options: 4.5/5
Family participation: 4.7/5
Exercise & leisure: 4.6/5

The seven staffers polled by Rehabs.com to date provided mostly positive reviews, feedback, and most indicated they would recommend the 1st Step Behavioral Health.

Staff's experience: 4.5/5
Counseling Options: 4.5/5
Family participation: 4.7/5

"Our clients leave treatment with the knowledge that staff are here for them beyond the treatment experience," a staffer wrote in a representative review.

According to 1st Step Behavioral Health's website, it accepts most private insurance plans and is in-network with Aetna and MHNet. The facility also offers a sliding scale fee, placing it among the 62 percent of Florida facilities that offer one.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/1stepbehavioralhealthpompanobeach/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Published on August 2018

All services were good.

First Step Behavioral Health is an amazing treatment center. The owner is very unorthodox but most definitely shows results. The case managment team was great and helped me out with a lot of different issues. The staff in a whole are great people and genuinely care about the clients on a professional and personal level. I would highly suggest this treatment center to anyone.

I came to First step my accident. I did not believe that I had a problem; all I needed was a way to cope with everyday life because drinking wasn’t working after 10+ years. I came thinking that I was better than everyone because “I didn’t do drugs”, “I wasn’t homeless”, “I hadn’t lost everything”, anything that made me better than people who “needed” treatment. In my head, I didn’t need treatment 2 fifths and a pint of alcohol a day was child’s play. But the staff and clients at First Step broke me down, open and apart. I didn’t know what hit me but I not only needed it but I wound up loving it. This was my first treatment and I satayed for 5 months because it had to be my last. I committed to myself, my family, and first step, to stay for 30 day. Boy, that was a joke! But 6 months later I am clean! I am clear headed and gained some new family and awesome friends. It’s worth every hard minute. It won’t be easy but it will worth it! I am living proof!

Stay here has been much better than most other faciliities I have stayed with..

I'm very thankful that I found 1st Step, the staff and groups have been amazing. I've met people from all over that I feel very comfortable with. I would definitely recommend it to a loved one

this place is awesome! they really pushed me to get my life together and now i know how to be a mother again. love this place

1st Step is an amazing family to be a part of. They are very passionate about what they do here, and I know they're one of a kind. I've been to other treatment facilities in the past, and their approaches were nothing to that of 1st Step. I feel blessed to have been a client here, and even more blessed that I'm still clean and still have a safe place to go whenever I need to talk. Their doors are always open.

I feel like this is a very effective treatment center.

First Step saved my life and I would recommend this facility to anyone in need.

Amazing program !! Helped me get my life back on track !!

First step was very caring and effective. They made me feel comfortable the entire time.

The staff have been nothing but supportive and although scary and uncomfortable for me at times, a great approach to start the healing process. I appreciate the science perspective behind this disease and the staff mostly being addicts themselves, can relate to my situation.

I love the alumni meeting. They are very educational and helpful to addicts of all kind. With this close reliable family i have hope and they need to succeed in my recovery.

1st step really cares about the clients

1st Step is completely different than other treatment centers I have heard about. The staff here truly supports the clients in any needs they have to make them feel at home and comfortable. Being at 1st Step allows me to safe, secure, and have a sound peace of mind about my path of recovery going forward. This is a blessing and 1st Step is ensuring my success.

I came into treatment here with an attitude fueled by rage and isolation. I am currently 30 days into treatment and have already turned pages about my perspective on life and learned many issues I have deep down about myself that I didn't even realize I was repressing all this time. This is the first time, in a long time, that I have motivation and determination to accept where I am in life and change it for the better from here on out. Thank you First Step.

i enjoyed all my meetings. i learned so much from everyone and it made me so much stronger and i am so thankful for first step.

First step is a pretty good place, its a bit different than your traditional rehab, but in a good way. The staff is great, as well as the community.

anyone that goes through this program, please dont lose hope, take it day by day and you will succeed

Best program that i ever been to. Everyone that works there actually cares specially the owner.

my experience with first step has been beyond what i could have ever imagined. I have been to one other treatment facility and immediately i could feel the difference. What makes first step different from other treatment facilities is that the staff cares so much about the clients, i immediately felt loved and apart of something bigger than myself. I felt supported and safe. Safety is so important to become vulnerable and talk about traumas and find the core reasons why i used. I would recommend first step to my family and closet friends because i trust them.

I love it here! It saved my life and people really do care here.

First step has completely changed my outlook on addiction and helped me to understand I have a disease and need help I'm so grateful to be at this treatment and pray it's my last.

This treatment center is my first and it will hopefully be my last, the staff here are great. They care for their clients and do what needs to be done.

Definitely a life changing experience by far the best treatment center that I have been to. All Staff including the techs are very involved and they actually care. My clinician was able to pin point things that i had no clue about , help me process them and let go of the guilt and shame. Thank You "1st Step" for doing for me what i could not do for myself.

Been in 1st step 40 days they have helped my life dramatically i already feel like a different person.

Very caring community with a mission to make everyone who comes into treatment better. It's a one of a kind place.

First Step changed my life & saved my life. I've been to multiple treatment centers, and i can honestly say that I wouldn't go anywhere else for help. The owner & other staff members really care, and we truly are like a family.

i think that this facility does a good job watching and being aware of the client needs.They don't pressure the client. I really appreciate this facility.

Treatment was effective with mood disorder.

Great first treatment, Very clean, staff is very helpful and friendly

Without this place I know for a fact I wouldn't be alive today. How much the staff cares about you really teaches you to love yourself. I am forever grateful for 1st Step and all the staff here

First Step Behavioral Health is like no other rehabilitation center around. An intense program that cares for your psychological, physical, mental and spiritual healing. The staff and patients become one tight community that feels like a family. It is here at First Step where you can learn strategies and tools to take back into the real world to ensure your path to recovery.

very nice nice facility with a kind and caring staff

The staff is amazing here :)

They really care here. The owner of the place holds groups and works with you in many different ways. He does what he needs too to help you get make to where you need to be. The staff as well care and help you any way they can.

Im thankful to be clean..

Being on a scholarship, I am forever grateful to be at 1st Step. After attending several facilities over the past 7yrs, I have a vast amount of experience with treatment centers. I would truly recommend 1st Step to anyone who is serious about their recovery, or wants long term sobriety/clean time. Everyone here truly cares, from the owner to the technicians. Not only do they know your name and story, but they put themselves on the line for your recovery, even when you can't do so yourself. Their strategies may be a little unique, but if you are an addict like me it may be exactly what you need.

this is a amazing place it literally my life i am so greatful for them

1st Step Truly cares and has been the best treatment by far!

NICE EXPERIENCE

1st step was my first experience to recovery/ rehab when I was 18 years old. They really really set the tone for the rest of my journey. 1st step meets everyone where they are at. They are super knowledgeable with not only the 12 step approach to recovery, but also the scientific side of how addiction effects your brain, which is something I could connect with. Although I didn't stay sober following my completion, the things I've learned and experiences I had will be with me forever. First step forced me to become self aware and planted that seed in my head. I am so thankful for the CEO, and my clinician who were both amazing, even if I didn't always see the method to their madness at the time. I am also eternally grateful for the continued help for me at my worst moments numerous times, and a year ago, when I was finally willing to accept the help. I would recommend this rehab to anyone I care about.

First let start off by saying, I am an alumnus of First Step. I see some negative reviews, and if you are now second guessing this rehab, guess again. I could go into detail on why I think you should go to First Step (and I will), but simply put: "First Step is where you go, if you want to stay sober." You are not just a number there. There is genuine love for each and every patient. You become a part of a family. As addicts, we let fear run our lives. First Step showed me how to let love in, and rule my own life. First step is not one of those "insurance fraud" rehabs either, regardless of what these other reviews say. These are made by people who would rather fantasize about getting high, and cannot handle someone authentically trying to help them. If you don't believe, just give them a call yourself. You will learn very quickly, this is not a place who takes insurance and then throws you on the street. What do you have to lose? Watch, you will remember review, and you will almost instantly see I was right. Put in your work, and you will stay clean. I am so proud to be an alumnus of First Step.

Hands down the greatest rehab facility i have ever seen and had the honor on being apart of. i hope everyone gets the opportunity to get the recovery they deserve here. god bless!!!

1st Step Behavioral Health is amazing. They have saved my life more than once.The clinical staff care more than anybody I've met before. I highly reccomend this place if you want help getting clean.

This is the best treatment center in south Florida. Everyone from the owner, to the therapists, and most of the technicians, truely care about your well being. They focus not only on your addiction, but also address trauma, and behaviors you may not even notice that keep you in your addiction. Its a very structured program and i would recommend it to anyone whos seeking help, thank you first step!

Great staff who understand the recovery process, super clean My third 3 detox facility & ranked #1

this is the real deal, if you have any doubts, dont doubt 1st step. We all have to take steps in life in order to get where we need to be, please let 1st step recovery be yours.

The staff here is awesome. They are very accomadating, they listen and help whenever and wherever they can.

good nutrition,good meetings

This facility is one the worst I’ve ever seen in my life. They do use the military style of breaking you down and build you back up. I’m no genius but to do that to somebody who already has low self-esteem on their part does not help in anyway. I’ve spoken to other counselors are other treatment centers and they cannot believe the method they use at first step. Then they give you a $50 a week spending allowance for food. While I am sure they are charging your insurance company a lot more. Their brochure lures you in thinking is this a beautiful place. It is nothing like what you see. The technicians they have are so clueless. In the morning it takes about 45 minutes just to have people getting in the vans to go to the treatment center. The night technicians would sleep in their cars. Then when you would go to get your medicine this one technician would sit there and say you’re always back for your medicine. That medicine was for blood pressure. Back to that treatment center. You would confide in your clinician on the one on one and then when you got back in the big group the clinician will come in and say out loud to everybody what was bothering you. Then everybody would jump in attacking you. Another thing that bothers you is if you had good insurance they would keep you longer. This way they can just keep billing your insurance. If you were “scholarship in you literally would be there 30 days or a little longer and then would release you out because they weren’t making any money on you. But they would turn around and say you need more help than them when realistically it’s a business and they just want to make money. Reason why is they drug test you three days a week just so they can bill your insurance tons of money. I wouldn’t send my worst enemy here.

Very unprofessional staff with that violate boundaries with clients. Disorganized and chaotic. Unethical practices where the company is more concerned about collecting money than providing quality treatment. Clients are able to do whatever they wish without consequence. This place should be shut down for good.

DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONE HERE. IT MAY AS WELL BE JAIL. TREATMENT IS ALMOST NON- EXISTENT. THIS PLACE IS A BAD JOKE.

While I feel that I didn't get as much value from the program than I could, the most positive aspect of my experience was interactions with the clinician; I honestly cannot articulate the effort my clinician put into helping me during a time of crisis; efforts that are dearly appreciated today. I believe I fell in love with my clinician after recollecting on the interpersonal interactions necessary for successful treatment. While the end goal was not attained, the memories of the devotion my clinician emulated will forever resonate in my being, thus making me a better person; despite completely conquering my deep-seeded issues. Nonetheless, the genuine love that I built with my clinician give me hope and faith.

Everyone at first step truly cares, they have saved my loved ones life. I highly recommend them to anyone needing and wanting to get better.

So, what is there to say about this place. I am what First Step would call "a pro" and have attended numerous treatment centers over the course of the years. I have grown to develop a certain level of care and treatment to expect and this place completely took me off guard. I'm not sure if everyone who had rated this place so highly just hasn't experience any other type of therapy, but I found this place to be a joke. They have the "beat you down to build you back up" approach to their therapy, and maybe it's just me who does not respond well to that sort of treatment, but I found it to be degrading and humiliating. We as addicts and alcoholics have beaten ourselves up out there for so long, I don't need a rehab facility to tell me I'm a piece of crud and that I'm stupid or that I NEED First Step and their treatment or else I'm definitely going to die...The owner also claims to have a masters degree, but lacks elementary level grammar (he can't differentiate the words chose/choose, breath/breathe, spells dying "dieing", and calls the neurotransmitter in the brain "epiphedrine" when it is actually epinephrine [this one I had heard numerous times in my short stay]). They also claim to be 12-step based, but only take you to one maybe two outside meetings a week, and they also neglect to teach meeting etiquette while at the facility. The "group" therapy is basically the entire group focusing on one person while their peers attack them and tell them where that person is in their recovery, instead of maintaining the "I statement" philosophy that is practiced in the rooms. When EVERY group is like this, it's difficult to learn anything from that said group. As far as the one on one therapy goes, I was there for 2.5 weeks and NEVER had a one on one session with my primary therapist. That goes to show you how attentive they truly are. As far as being drug tested 3 times a week: they can charge your insurance a lot of money per test, which is why they do it, to make more money off of you. And I understand that there are people who work in treatments who genuinely care, but this place is like every other treatment center, in which it is a business. They are constantly preaching that they scholarship everyone and are the first to tell people when their insurance runs out, but at the end of the day they are a business and need to make money. It is almost as if they don't want people branching outside of First Step. They encourage you to have a sponsor who went through the program and to really only associate with people in and who have gone through the First Step program. The world is larger than First Step, and in the rooms you are encouraged to build as many positive sober relationships as you can. I feel as if this program does not fully prepare you for the real world, and once you're thrown out into reality, you have no idea what to do. In my case, there was one night in which I had packed up and wanted to leave, but over the course of the night I had changed my mind and decided to stay. The owner called me out in the morning big group, told me to pack my stuff up and get out of his treatment center. All because as a drug addict I was having a craving and had wanted to leave one night. The staff is completely unprofessional, and not only are the therapists/owner completely unethical and inappropriate...I have never had techs disrespect me at the level the techs at this place did. Constantly patronizing you and treating you as if you are less than a human. I probably could continue writing about this place, and if you are still with me, PLEASE find another treatment center. Their detox is terrible, the staff is unprofessional, and the therapy is degrading and unhelpful. Thank you.

Extremely caring and friendly staff willing to help you in anyway possible. This treatment center is like no other.

They are able to tailor their clinical treatment to accomadate and meet the needs of a variety of people They could use a few more creativ outlets for people which they are working on I am so forever greatful for this treatment center. The entire faculty and staff made me felt so loved and cared about by a place that saw me at my lowest points. They loved me while I cannot love myself and believed in me when I had no hope of recovering. This place had literally given me the tools to save my life and is still continuing to do so. All of the therapists know each of the clients as well even if they are not your primary clinician. My clinician is seriously a godsend. I don't know if I could have made it out of the trenches without her love and support. I am forever greatful for first step and anyone would be blessed to get the opportunity to go there.

Everyone is great there . They don't co sign anything . They make you see the reality of this disease . Great inpatient and After care program . Best of the best

Amazing clinicians, CEO runs group, understanding, helps you out with everything possible None 1st step saved my life. I was nothing and going no where. 1st step got deep down into the problem helped me figure out why I was using and helped me get past it. Gus never gave up on me. ff. I recommend 1st step to anyone who actually wants help and actually wants to better them selves. Without this program I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you so much 1st step for helping me better myself & becoming a better person!

Program Effectiveness, Well-trained staff, Top amenities. Because of insurance reasons, no facility would take me. I got in touch with the staff at 1st Step Behavioral Heath who was willing to give me that opportunity. 20 months later I am still sober. Not only was the program effective, their alumni and aftercare programs contiues to support clients long after they're discharge from the program. I am forever grateful for the opportunity that was given to me and I couldn't be more proud to be part of the 1st Step Family.

The staff interaction with clients is unlike any other place. They genuinely care about your well being and about you succeeding. They're always there to go back to. They're very well structured. They help build you up to be the best version of yourself and give the necessary tools you need to succeed once you leave the facility. This is the greatest place I've been, I wouldn't still be sober almost two years later today if it weren't for 1st Step.

They get to the bottom of your co occurring issues and build you back up.

Amazing staff members who never give up hope in clients and who actually care from the bottom of their hearts, best group therapy I have ever seen in treatment centers, comfortable living environment, I could go on and on. I wouldn't put anything here because they saved my life I have been to many different treatment centers and First Step BH is by far the best ran facility of them all. Every staff member there cares so much about the clients. When I went to First Step for my first time, I acted out the entire time and should have been kicked out. However, First Step never gave up hope in me. I went through that program five different times, and the staff members have become my family.

Their staff is second to none from BHTs up to the CEO. The staff know each of the clients and their individual needs. Focus Lack of outside meetings. If you want to get quality treatment and be cared for by a staff that truely cares, look no further. Clients are more than clients, they are treated as family. I have never seen so much care for the individual as i have here. They will not give up on a client period.

The staff caring. My daughter was in several and this is by far the best caring and effective facility.

Caring well trained Staff Promotes interactivity with other patients Provides knowledge about the disease Both group and one on one sessions Supervised outside meetings, gym, church... Apartment style arrangements foster independence and interdependence Assignments that allow increased priviliges No facility is perfect . I began my journey to recovery on 5/30/14, being my 1st treatment center, I didn't know what to expect. It was a difficult and rigorous process, but truly rewarding. I'm back home after 56 days in treatment adjusting well to my life, family and friends. First Step will work for anyone willing to give their best to the program there! I also made some lasting relationships with my fellow clients while in treatment. We're all the same, no mater what the addiction and circumstances with us are. The 12 Steps work, and I'm excited to continue living their principles!

The staff at First Step Behavioral Health truly cares about each and every clients sobriety. They go above and beyond for their clients. It would be nice if facility offered yoga or guided meditation. it has been a little while since I've discharged from their so it is possible these things have been added into treatment. I've been to about 4 facilities for my substance abuse prior to admitting to First Step. No other place has helped me the way they have. The owner takes his time and is extremely involved with the clients treatment. If I know someone that is struggling I always recommend this place. This place is for people that are truly looking to change their lives for the better.

Very professional and takes a different approach to get to the root of your issues! Your pretty much in TREATMENT group 8hrs out of a 9hr day..! Very repetitive as well! Overall great facility if you want to stay clean

the owner and staff really care and it shows. they are all heavily involved in everyone's individual treatment plan and aftercare treatment plan. I flew down from PA and was placed in this treatment center. I was scared and lost. they made me feel welcome, the community as a whole was very supportive. the staff and administration really cared and spent time to talk to you. from the technicians to the ceo, they all played a part and donated their time and effort to help me in my treatment plan. the facility was well structured and clean. I would recommend and have recommended this place to anyone seeking help or struggling. the time spent here jump started my recovery and gave me the tools needed to suceed

How involved the counsellors are with the clients . This is an amazing treatment center . The counsellors and the wonder actually care about each and every client . They break you down by making you talk about trout weaknesses or problems in your life and then build you back up to be able to deal with triggers and the "real" world

Ability to deal with the hard core issues of the clients Age difference focus. And also DOC focus. Separate the men and women.

What kind of narcissistic man posts a larger than Life picture of himself on the first page of a substance Treatment facility website ? This man, that's who ! Don't waste your valuable time and money at 1st step. It's Nothing more than a churn and burn money operation Acting as a guide for " helping those with addiction ". There Are many reputable treatment centers in South Florida ! Unfortunately "This guy and his posse of scammers " give The trusted ones a bad name. Take some advice and stay Far, far away !

Everything about it very loving caring peoole. I've been to several facility's and this is the best treatment center I ever been to its not a place that you can push over and think your going to skate bye your are going to do work they don't play with you they are serious

Amazing clinicians, CEO runs group, understanding, helps you out with everything possible. 1st step saved my life. I was nothing and going no where. 1st step got deep down into the problem helped me figure out why I was using and helped me get past it. They never gave up on me. My amazing clinicians were always there with open arms and never let me slack off. I recommend 1st step to anyone who actually wants help and actually wants to better them selves. Without this program I wouldn't be where I am today. Thank you so much Gus & the rest of 1st step for helping me better myself & becoming a better person!

This facility did everything to make my spouses admission an easy process.

Everyone is great there. They don't co sign anything . They make you see the reality of this disease. Great inpatient and After care program . Best of the best

The staff at First Step Behavioral Health truly cares about each and every clients sobriety. They go above and beyond for their clients. It would be nice if facility offered yoga or guided meditation. it has been a little while since I've discharged from they're so it is possible these things have been added into treatment. I've been to about 4 facilities for my substance abuse prior to admitting to First Step. No other place has helped me the way they have. The owner takes his time and is extremely involved with the clients treatment. If I know someone that is struggling I always recommend this place. This place is for people that are truly looking to change their lives for the better.

How involved the counsellors are with the clients. This is an amazing treatment center. The counsellors and the wonder actually care about each and every client. They break you down by making you talk about trout weaknesses or problems in your life and then build you back up to be able to deal with triggers and the "real" world

Their staff is second to none from BHTs up to the CEO. The staff know each of the clients and their individual needs. Focus Lack of outside meetings. If you want to get quality treatment and be cared for by a staff that truely cares, look no further. Clients are more than clients, they are treated as family. I have never seen so much care for the individual as i have here. They will not give up on a client.

Amazing staff members who never give up hope in clients and who actually care from the bottom of their hearts, best group therapy. I have ever seen in treatment centers, comfortable living environment.I have been to many different treatment centers and First Step BH is by far the best ran facility of them all. Every staff member there cares so much about the clients. When I went to First Step for my first time, I acted out the entire time and should have been kicked out. However, First Step never gave up hope in me. I went through that program five different times, and the staff members have become my family. Thanks to First Step, Naz and Gus especially, I have over a year clean. I could have never gotten here without them.

They get to the bottom of your co occurring issues and build you back up.

Ability to deal with the hard core issues of the clients. Age difference focus. And also DOC focus. Separate the men and women.

They are able to tailor their clinical treatment to accomadate and meet the needs of a variety of people. They could use a few more creativ outlets for people which they are working on. I am so forever greatful for this treatment center. The entire faculty and staff made me felt so loved and cared about by a place that saw me at my lowest points. They loved me while I cannot love myself and believed in me when I had no hope of recovering. This place had literally given me the tools to save my life and is still continuing to do so. All of the therapists know each of the clients as well even if they are not your primary clinician. My clinician is seriously a godsend. I don't know if I could have made it out of the trenches without her love and support! I am forever greatful for first step and anyone would be blessed to get the opportunity to go there.

Very rigorous counseling sessions A few decent counselor Very good behavioral health technicians. Owner is inappropriate and makes abusive comments about people's charector during sessions. The counselers are miserable and made recovery seem unappealing to me at the time (I now have 2 years clean)

Very professional and takes a different approach to get to the root of your issues! Too long of a day during the week. Your pretty much in TREATMENT group 8hrs out of a 9hr day. Very repetitive as well! After 30 days you begin to hear the same information over & over, too many urine drug screens throughout the week as well! Urinating in a cup 4x a week while IN PHP treatment is too much. Overall great facility if you want to stay clean but if not then ur going to be in hell for 60+ days

Caring well trained Staff, Promotes interactivity with other patients. Provides knowledge about the disease. Both group and one on one sessions Supervised outside meetings, gym, church. Apartment style arrangements foster independence and interdependence. Assignments that allow increased priviliges. My 1st treatment center, I didn't know what to expect. It was a difficult and rigorous process, but truly rewarding. I came there thinking that addiction was a moral issue that needed to be overcome by willpower alone, and left understanding that it's a neurological disease that I can only deal with "one day at a time" by reaching out to my Higher Power-God who works in my life through other people, when I reach out for help. I'm back home after 56 days in treatment adjusting well to my life, family and friends. First Step will work for anyone willing to give their best to the program there! I also made some lasting relationships with my fellow clients while in treatment. We're all the same, no mater what the addiction and circumstances with us are. The 12 Steps work, and I'm excited to continue living their principles! "Many of us have said, 'Take my will and my life, guide me in my recovery, show me how to live (clean)

Strengths: Program Effectiveness, Well-trained staff, Top amenities. I found myself locked up again. I made a decison to go to treatment rather than jail. My insurance company would not cover my 28 day stay because "I didnt have that bad of a problem". We used my college money, my parents savings and loans from family to cover the out of pocket cost. And after 21 days in treatment, I haven't changed and I still wanted to use. My plan was to leave NY and start over in FL. Because of insurance reasons, no facility would take me. I got in touch with 1st Step Behavioral Heath who was willing to give me that opportunity. 20 months later I am still sober. Not only was the program effective, their alumni and aftercare programs contiues to support clients long after they're discharge from the program. I am forever grateful for the opportunity that was given to me and I couldn't be more proud to be part of the 1st Step Family.

Clinical staff is excellent with clients. Residences are clean and well maintained. Too much free time. Great treatment center to be a part of.

Good program,

Good facility, need more faith based activities.

COMPASIONATE UNKOWLEDGABLE CLINICAL STAFF BUT NO ART/MUSIC THERAPY, FSBH AND GUS SAVED MY LIFE!

12 step based program, therapy. Activities can be improved. I went to the program nine months ago. It was a good facility. They don't coddle the person and treat them as adults. The work I did in there was the foundation to build and progress as a human in the real world. I have and would recommend the facility to anyone struggling with this disease.

Good facility with good accommodations

caring for clients, enough punishments. if you need that push of reality then you should be here. its not a joke life is serious

CEO is actively involved in program's affairs, most notably the welfare and quality of life of each client. - Staff give their heart and soul to their work w/ clients (and geniunely want to see them thrive in recovery). This is the first treatment program I have worked at in my 18 years of experience in the addictions and mental health field where recovery and treatment services are provided with the use of brutal truth and selfless love. This facility is much, much more than a "business"; it's a a team of persons committed to helping each client avoid avoidable suffering and reach their fullest human potential.

They actually care about saving lives not money. This place changed my life. I was a chronic relapser with multiple facilities. They open their arms to me like family. The structure which i received was exactly what i needed. If you wanna learn how to change your life forever i suggest this place. I just celebrated 2 years clean and sober after 20 years of abuse. I am forever in debt to first step.

Getting to the source of the problem, utilization of the 12-step approach, excellent therapists and owner. Facilities aren't glamorous but it's simply non-essential in my opinion. This place saved my life. I've been to spa-like treatment facilities and they didn't do anything for me. If your life depends upon getting clean and/or sober, then this is the only place you can trust to do that.

Staff, housing, extracurricular activities, This place does the job right

Overall a good program, if anything should improve the holistic offering.

No nonsense approach to saving lives. This facility without a doubt saved my sons life. He had been to others before this one and relapsed every time. This one really hit home for him and I am so thankful everyday. They truly care about each and every client in their care. They bend over backwards to give their all to save lives.

Personalized treatment, Outstanding staff goes above and beyond what is required.

Caring, doesn't make false promises, true to their word, compassionate, clinicians are smart, well trained, and are true advocates to their clients. This facility was amazing. This facility really cares about individuals and their families. They are true to their word, and will work with clients and families to help an individual maintain long-term sobriety and help them be ready to be a [sober] productive member of society upon discharge. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

-Well-trained and beyond caring staff -Individualized and thorough treatment methods; CEO and founder is integral part of group therapy sessions; chronic relapsers are welcomed back out of extreme care and concern from the staff. This almost acts as an enabler for said clients. First Step Behavioral Health saved my life. I'm sure that gets tossed around a lot on sites such as these but in this case that couldn't be more truthful of a statement. I was given a second chance at life thanks to the staff there, and they put me in a position when I did complete treatment to continue growing and begin to thrive. This industry will tell employees to leave their work in the office, but that's not how First Step does it. They care and support their clients to an almost extreme degree because that's how committed they are to their client's success outside of their program. It is a special place ran by special people who make special things happen for the hungry, angry, lonely and tired souls that walk through their doors.

People that actually care. Owner runs groups. Sholarshipped me 3 times. Place is a miracle. This is the best rehabilitation facility in florida. Possibly the nation. If you honestly want help. And are willing to go to any length. They will help you more than anyone else.

No Matter what they share their love and support... The facility never gives up on one person... Its and strength and a weakness...They showed me the meaning of true GRACE.... Kept me in full treatment and extended me when I needed more time.

They really care about the patients, the counsellors there are awesome. They do anything to help even if that means giving somebody a scholarship to save there life. you don't have a long lunch break and you have to travel back to residency during that short break. This is the best program I've ever been to hands down. It changed my life and my perspective on this disease. If you want a place that truly cares about you and helping you start your new life then go to first step.

Relapse Prevention, Co-occuring disorders, Family atmosphere, No beach access. This program has helped multiple family members that are both still sober today. One for over 5 years... They really bring an honest non fluff clinical approach that is difficult to buy into but we have seen the results first hand. They brought a very loving, family type feel to us that we greatly appreciated.

The caring staff is surpassed by none as they treat you like family and have your best interest at heart. Not only do they educate you about addiction, they give you the tools to live a normal life with addiction. I thought leaving my family would be hard but I realized going to another state allowed me to focus solely on treatment. The treatment providers are very knowledgeable about customizing a treatment plan for each individual to live a full life with addiction. I would recommend making First Step Behavioral Health my first call when considering treatment.

Good Relationship with Clients and Alumni. Need more Organization. They are good, with a little kinks. They have potential to be better.

The staff really cares and wants to see their clients recover

Caring and compassionate, First Step treatment center is without a doubt one of the best in the country. I've had friends and acquaintances from up north coming to the Center for help. I've seen people who've tried rehab several times and failed. Once coming to the center, I was amazed to see their recovery. The staff is wonderful and I can't say enough about the kind understanding people that work here. This place is full of life-saving angels.

The Treatment Center saved my daughter's life. The staff was great, they truly cared about her well-being and helped her get better. They did everything in their power to help her and gave me my daughter back. The staff and owner are caring and work very hard to help everyone recover. I highly recommend this treatment center.

The staff genuinely care about clients. limited wheelchair access. Our clients leave treatment with the knowledge that staff are here for them beyond the treatment experience.

Family aspect, individualized treatment, psychoeducation groups, quality case management, Client centered treatment facility, very family oriented, scholarships offered, no client turned away. Full service from detox to out patient

The primary strength of 1st Step Behavioral Health is assuredly the level of attentiveness and dedication of the staff. Unlike many agencies that I am familiar with, the staff at 1st Step takes an invested approach to their clients' continued care offering support and guidance not just during their admission but through their accompanying sober living and alumni programs. As cliche as it may sound, sometimes the staff can care too much. As a former client at 1st Step I am happy to report that I have been clean and sober for over 4 years. I have no doubt that the attention and care that I received at this program is the primary factor which can be attributed to my continued success in recovery because they opened the doors for my continued development as a recovering person.

Program Effectiveness, Aftercare/Alumni Programs, Very Caring Supporting Staff, Access to LA Fitness, Weekly Activites, Nutrition Education, HIV/STI Testing

Provides excellent group as well as 1 on 1 counseling, passionate staff, provides the tools to help build a sober lifestyle, I got sober here almost two years ago, they saved my life, they have an alumni program, that I'm involved in, and have continued to be a part of my life, and offered continued support when the going gets tough, even though I've left their care well over a year ago

Dedicated, therapeutic, loving but Sometimes too caring. Quality of TX is 2nd to none.

Great team work. Positive staff. Communication. It has most of what a person seeking help needs

Following up with clients was good but communication needs improvement. They really go the extra mile in helping individuals to getting their lives back in order.

Education, there method in dealing and knowing how to deal with an right off the street addict. from an addict detoxing during the 1st 3-4 weeksI would have to say from my espirance and the close friends that I acquired during our treatment, is that every one gets the same treatment and education and time, yet everyone leaves with so many different answered question and discoveries about ones self and a clearer insight on the directions of life that one should follow in order to be restored back to a wholesome life and more so how to keep it

They treatment they provide for all members and family members. Everyone was friendly and provided a great experience.

Counselors experience, Support of staff. Introduction to 12 step program Emphasis on overall wellness. The counselors and staff care, they care about helping people get well and stay well. You know that right away. Lack of outdoor facilities to accommodate group activities. On my first day at 1st Step, the owner asked me, "How are you feeling today?" and I told him, "I feel safe today." I hadn't felt safe in a very long time and I was afraid that I might never, ever feel safe anywhere, ever again. I was afraid that it would only in rooms and institutions that I would be safe, that I could stay Sober. 1st Step taught me, they helped me find the place inside myself that could give me that feeling of safety. It was not easy. It was in fact very, very scary. But I felt safe to share my secrets, to give up the pretense of the girl who had it all together and was FINE. I listened and I learned. I stayed two months in inpatient treatment. I stayed in the Sober Living Community for another 6 months until I had the confidence to return home and resume my life as a grateful, Sober, woman. If you're ready to give up and try anything, do anything to get better, then 1st Step is the right place for you.

Positive program, My loved one attended this facility for her addictions. After the treatment and guidance she recieved from 1st Step she returned as the person I had always looked up to while growing up. She has been sober since her experience there and I want to thank this facility and the people that work there for helping her and guiding her back on the road to success! It was truly a positive experience for us all.

Great place to work where we provide hope to all of our clients

This place saved my life. Gus and his staff are amazing.

I had an extremely positive expirence attending this treatment center. The staff is very caring and remains available after you have left. The owner is even involved with the clients himself. Myself and others I keep on contact with have continued to stay sober due to what we recieved from our experience at First Step. Addmissions was exceptionally helpful as well.

First step is an amazing place! iv'e been through several different treatment centers and first step is by far the most loving, well run, and effective place. First step played a huge role in saving my life. A year and a half later i am still frequently coming back for visiting the staff and other patients to say hi. I am forever grateful for this community. First step is a lot more than a treatment center to me; First step is my family away from my home. When someone asks where they should go or what they should do for help i always suggest First Step.

First step saved my sons life thus saving mine as well. The intense no nonsense treatment really turned him around. As well as a full year in halfway house. He had tried and failed at other rehabs but this one was really special. The staff treated him like an important family member. I am proud to say that he now is employed there and loves his life! I highly recommend First Step Behavioral Health. Never give up hope!

1st step behavioral health saved my life. The staff there are the most compassionate, caring professionals I have ever met. Almost 2 years after completing their program, they're still in my life, and have offered me help when the goin gets tough! If your looking for help, this is the place you wanna be.

Very strong, effective program. Making this review 2 years since I was a client at the facility, I am proud to say that they have set a solid foundation for the free life that I now get to share with my friends and family. I have been to some of the best rehabs in the country, yet this is the one that changed my life.

It was a great place to build a foundation of my recovery. The residences were brand new and comfortable. The groups and treatment were far better than any other place i have ever been to.

The program at first step is based on tough love not tender love, the first two to three weeks clients are usually in shock due to the extreme intensiveness of the program, people that stay benefit persons often want to leave, however the ones that stay and put the effort in are rewarded with healthy sobriety and education on their disease. It is an amazing program I was there 2 years ago and now I am a sponsor. I would highly recommend this program to anyone. The owner and chief executive officer and founder is very deeply involved and somehow knows everybody's first name and is involved in everyone's treatment, he is not there just to make money, I have seen him give out many scholarships two individuals whose insurance has run out and wanted to stay in the program.

It was a great place. It's way better than any other equally priced facility I've heard about.

I did not attend, one of my family members did. Halfway housing afterward helps clients get on their feet in the real world.

Staff experience was very positive. There is a high recovery stabilization rate. However, logistics were a downfall.

Only rehab I have been to but would recommend it to anyone. Straight forward no bullshit from some very caring people. Great counselors.

I was there for 72 days and a great time learned a lot kept clean also I felt like I was at home. They offer good support, they care and the owner is there everyday teaching. Most other owners don't care and are there for the money. Honestly they don't have any weakness beside they could give you more money for food.

It was a great mix of ages and young made older folks get humble. IOP with one on one sessions was my aftercare treatment.

They only show the detox facilities in the pictures which is much nicer than the actual treatment center. Over a year later I'm still sober.

I HAD BEEN TO OTHER PROGRAMS PREVIOUS TO 1ST STEP. THIS TREATMENT CENTER IS UNLIKE ANY OTHER THE STAFF TRULY CARES ABOUT EACH AND EVERY CLIENT. SUCH A SENSE OF FAMILY. THE MAJORITY OF THE STAFF IS IN RECOVERY THEMSELVES. TRUE UNDERSTANDING AND COMPASSION. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS WONDERFUL PLACE TO EVERYONE WHO TRULY WANTS HELP. IT CHANGED MY LIFE.

This facility displayed the toughest love... I truly believe that they saved my son's life between his treatment there and the wonderful half way house they placed him in. He lived there for an additional 6 months and an apartment 3 months before returning from Florida.

Exceptional