Ace Recovery for Men in Chesterfield, SC

1477 Ted Melton Rd PO Box 347
Chesterfield SC 29709

Ace Recovery for Men Philosophy

Rational living cognitive behavior (CBT) teaches each resident the importance of daily recovery practice within a structured setting.

• Aftercare Support
    Addiction recovery does not end with discharge after completing a rehab program. Facilities that offer aftercare planning and/or support work with patients to ensure sustainable recovery by helping to plan and make arrangements for transitional or sober living, help with housing, vocational counseling, etc.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

Rational Living Cognitive behavioral treatment (CBT)

Twelve Step facilitation (TSF)

Countryside rolling hills retreat program setting

ABOUT ACE RECOVERY FOR MEN

Located in Chesterfield, S.C., Ace Recovery for Men is one of South Carolina’s 38 (35.2 percent) of private, nonprofit treatment organizations. It offers residential treatment to men seeking treatment for substance abuse. Detox is not available on site.

Ace Recovery for Men supports both men who benefit from learning a 12-Step approach and who benefit from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). It is one of the 47 (43.5 percent) of treatment facilities in South Carolina that provide treatment programs specifically for men. ARM's community is for men whose withdrawal signs and symptoms are sufficient enough to need 24/7 structure.

The 12-step facilitation is an evidence-based treatment approach that is used in 78 (72.2 percent) of South Carolina’s treatment facilities. This therapy addresses three dimensions of recovery - social, cognitive, and spiritual.

The treatment center offers cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT helps men respond in healthier ways and adjusts unhealthy thoughts and feelings. The treatment center offers 30-day, 60-day, and 90-day programs, making it one of [11 (10.2 percent) of South Carolina’s long-term treatment facilities.

Men have daily chores and a structured, productive schedule. The center also offers continuing care planning.

The Facility Manager is a licensed and certified addictions counselor and certified group cognitive behavioral therapist with over 30 years of experience.

Ace Recovery for Men offers meals and has TVs, Internet, washer and dryers, and an exercise room. It is surrounded by outdoor areas which are used for recreational therapy options. Residents will have single bedrooms.

At the time of this writing, nine alumni provided positive feedback about their experience at Ace Recovery for Men. Many of the reviews mentioned specific treatments that were effective, including “helpful CBT”, the 12-Steps, and the holistic activities.

On Google, Ace Recovery for Men has an average rating of 4.9 out of five stars from 13 reviews.[1] Reviewers provided positive feedback about the facility itself, therapists, and the “disconnected environment.” One reviewer noted that the program was effective when other programs hadn’t been.

On Yelp, there are three reviews: two positive and one negative.[2] The negative review indicates that therapy and living conditions are subpar. In the positive reviews, alumni described the use of the 12-Steps and the “tools to keep my self clean and sober.”

The sole loved one polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided positive feedback and five out of five stars for treatment effectiveness. "ARM was a godsend...They are in a supportive environment that holds them accountability for their decisions. When he completed the program he felt ready to start fresh...and sober," the loved one wrote.

According to Ace Recovery for Men's website, treatment costs $1,970 for 30 days, $3,270 for 60 days, and $4,580 for 90 days. There is also a $25 fee for books. The facility accepts self-pay.

[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/ace-recovery-for-men-chesterfield

Published on June 2019

Adrian

I learned a lot about my addiction, and left with several tools that I can use to maintain my sobriety. The staff was very friendly, but firm. The housing accommodations were excellent and the atmosphere was very peaceful. Due to the small amount of recovering addicts on campus there was a strong sense of community and friendship. I would highly recommend that anyone who is truly seeking a sober lifestyle should come to ACE recovery to begin their journey.

SA

ACE Recovery is a tremendous treatment program that that is both great in its educational program on the nature of addiction and how to cope with it as well as a behavioral model that empowers residents to form new healthy behaviors to replace the old unhealthy ones associated with addiction. It is a treatment program that empowers individuals and helps them find the inate tools already in them in order to recover.

Mr. Smith

How can u go in there, excited to do all this stuff. Fish, games, pool, foolsball, etc. And not be sick 90%of DA time in there not be sick??? Most of days u going to feel like ur dying... Unless yaw know something I don't know.....

Eric

This facility saved my life. The director there is not only knowledgeable in addiction, but he is also very knowledgeable in recovery. My family lived in Chicago while I was in South Carolina, and for the first time they felt safe once I got to Ace Recovery for Men. The setting is wonderful and peaceful, and there is plenty of peaceful ways to get in touch with yourself going there. I loved learning about CBT, and I loved the style of teaching about the 12 steps. If I could I would give this facility a 10/5 rating for giving me the ability to live a happy life. I can't thank God enough for the people that run this facility, and their patience to help me become myself again.

timothy

read the books and listen in class, no matter how elementary the subjects and lectures may feel, apply them to your life. listen and retain the information. you can never read or write too much. good luck

Adam

Upon arrival I was greeted with kindness as if it were my family. Through out the program, I found hope after 20 years. I'm now excited about my future!!

Shawn

A breath of fresh air! There are tons of ways to stay active with a walking trail, kayak, and gym. The dog that stays on campus is also fun to walk during free time. My stay at Ace Recovery was much needed to give me the peace of mind and mental health essential towards recovery. The country setting was a great escape from the negative forces in my life. I was long overdue for a change and am glad I made the first step in reaching out to Ace Recovery.

Nelson

I completed 90 days and got a lot out of the program. I enjoyed being in the country and learning/ focusing on my recovery goals. The guys were awesome, and the food was great! Thanks for helping me get stronger

jbm

Great program with helpful CBT and 12 step recovery information. Think the retreat setting was a little hot and rural for me but is well worth the price. Well on my way to a sober life.Oh, and just being for men helped me stay focused and made my wife happy.

CG

ARM was a godsend. This was the second program attended by my nephew. He was helped mostly by the small group sessions and the fact that the residence make everyday decisions about their day to day recovery. They are in a supportive environment that holds them accountability for their decisions. When he completed the program he felt ready to start fresh...and sober.