Artesian Wellness & Recovery Centers in Stuart, FL

2500 S Kanner Highway
Stuart FL 34994

Artesian Wellness & Recovery Centers Philosophy

Results matter most, and these are RESULTS for LIFE!

A complete and biochemical approach to addiction recovery with an 85% success rate: targeting body, mind, and spirit.

An integrative treatment plan with a comparable industry standard of 85% success rate, including neurofeedback, nutrition, and IV amino acid therapy. With Artesian, you’re on the right path to a balanced sober life and results that last. In light of neuroscientific and biochemical discoveries, which have uncovered the cause of addictions, plus advanced treatment techniques that are providing up to 85% long-term recovery rates*.

Artesian has abandoned the concepts of shame, blame, and guilt which are prevalent in addiction recovery. In contrast, Artesian holds to the philosophy that addiction is a brain function disease that is beyond conscious control and is fully curable. We facilitate the process to heal the addictive brain.

Our Traditional Addiction Treatment includes 12 step meetings, individual/group therapy, in addition to overlay services listed on our website.

Artesian Wellness – Provides a safe, comfortable SANCTUARY, in the HEALING environment of Florida’s breezes, sunshine, and water. At the core of our HOLISTIC approach is the utilization of customized amino acids therapies and Neuro feedback to help RESTORE the imbalanced neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) that are the missing link in recovery from addiction.

• Detox
    Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to a withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.

• Process Abuse Treatment
    Not all addictions involve mood-altering chemicals. The term “process addiction” describes the unhealthy use of behaviors (including eating, gambling, sexual activity, shopping, internet use, etc.) that has spiraled out of control and into the realm of addiction.

Medical assessment and counseling

Nutritional brain biochemical approach including neurotransmitter assessment

Weekly massage therapist, chiropractor, and wellness counselors

Dr Joan Collins, ND, RN, MA

Executive Director

Joan Collins, ND, RN, BA, CNMP, MH is the founder of Artesian Wellness and Recovery Centers, LLC. Dr. Collins is board certified at the national level as a Naturopathic Doctor, is a Master Herbalist, and has a Master’s degree in Psychology. Her innovative wellness approach in treating the addicted brain is report by her clients to be life changing

Fredrick Precesiti

Clinical Director

Frederick is a native Floridian as a trained and licensed Clinician for over 20 years in the field of of Mental Health and Addictions . Graduate of Florida State University and University of Nebraska with experience with a diverse clinical population. Trained in numerous therapeutic disciplines and applies a pragmatic approach that works for each client. Results for Life!

ABOUT ARTESIAN WELLNESS & RECOVERY CENTERS

Located six miles from the beach in Stuart, Fla., Artesian Wellness & Recovery Centers provides substance abuse treatment for adult men and women. Services include a partial hospitalization program (PHP), intensive outpatient program (IOP), and transitional living homes.

According to the facility’s website, “Artesian holds to the philosophy that addiction is a brain function disease that is beyond conscious control and is fully curable. We facilitate the process to heal the addictive brain.”

A key treatment modality is IV amino acid therapy, a biochemical approach designed to repair and balance the neurotransmitters in the brain to speed up the process of well-being during early recovery. In addition to oral liquid amino acids, the treatment includes neurofeedback, auricular therapy, and nutrition therapy.

The facility offers an intensive, 28-day PHP and eight-week IOP, both of which are meant to be combined with structured sober living at Artesian’s community housing. Both programs include individual and group therapy, family counseling, addiction education, life skills workshops, and nutritional and wellness education. Additional services include chiropractic, meditation, massage, and auriculotherapy.

The team includes an executive director, a business director, a wellness director, and a clinical director, along with therapists and a transitional housing manager. The 15 individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the staff’s training and experience gave it an average rating of 4.26 stars out of five.

Artesian’s community housing consists of a campus of quaint homes spread out along two city blocks and can accommodate 87 clients at a time. The campus is close to downtown and a host of recovery meetings and transportation. Residents are required to participate in daily recovery meetings and regular accountability checks, including alcohol and drug screenings.

Six alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave the facility largely positive reviews. For the major categories of the survey, respondents awarded an average of 4.16 stars out of five for overall effectiveness, 3.5 stars for accommodations and amenities, and 3.25 stars for meals and nutrition. Several cited the staff as a strength, such as an anonymous former client, who wrote: "The facility staff is very understanding with addiction , is regularly available all hours of the day and night, the matter what the circumstances they can help and if they can't help they know someone who can." Other strengths noted included the supportive environment, scheduled routine, and treatment hours.

K.J. told Rehabs.com: “The IOP program was tailored to my needs and I looked forward to it. I'm a satisfied customer with over 9 months sobriety now.” J.C.P. also praised Artesian, describing it as “a fair program to give you a safe place to start living sober and keeping you honest and accountable about your decisions. A great place to get a fresh start.”

In an otherwise favorable review, an alum mentioned "Transportation to meetings was a weakness." Another former client remarked negatively about costs: "They push expensive holistic therapy. During my treatment, treatment like exercise, massage, yoga, etc were cancelled. Cost for living at facility was increased with no notice."

Loved ones offered positive feedback. All five surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing gave consistent top five-star ratings to overall treatment effectiveness, accommodations and amenities, and meals and nutrition.

They reported positive experiences, especially with the facility’s individualized treatment and unique nutrition and IV amino acid approach. In a representative review, Mary wrote: “Excellent Counseling & Nutrition Availability of Amino Acid supplementation to help restore brain chemistry. Excellent Administrator Who Communicates with Family Provides access to NA meetings but offers more than 12-Step which can be gotten at meetings.”

Four staffers polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing had high praise for the program, as reflected by their average rating of 4.75 stars out of five for overall effectiveness. They cited family participation, affordability, and counseling options as strengths as well as the Wellness Program. J.C. wrote: “Uses a natural approach to help heal the addicted brain. The aminos help resolve the Post Acute Withdrawal syndrome."

According to the facility’s website, Artesian accepts most private insurance plans. Covered costs depend on the type of plan clients have as well as deductibles and other details.

Published on October 2017

Amazing people! The wellness portion they offered me changed everything. All the other treatment centers I had gone to only told me I had to change my thinking. At Artesian they showed me how to change my thinking and my lifestyle. It was they key to everything for me :)

Artesian Wellness & Recovery gave me my daughter back. She is once again the radiant person we once knew before addiction consumed her life. She particularly enjoyed the wellness classes and IV amino acid treatments, which she says make her feel like a new person. Thank you so much Artesian!

I came through artesian in 2013 and am still sober today 4 years later! What I learned about myself, my eating habits and the friendships I built are still with me today. I can't thank the staff enough! I still participate in the on property meetings and alumni events.

A caring environment with knowledgeable staff that teaches their clients how to not only confront their addictions, but live a healthier, happy life. The IV amino acids treatments were effective and revitalizing. The focus on wellness is a nice change of pace from traditional, non-holistic treatment centers. Clients are treated on an individualized basis to heal each person’s body AND mind. The sober living is a close-knit community with houses occupying an entire block that provides clients with the accountability in order to maintain long-term sobriety.

Strengths include the staff. My son loved it They helped my son with his addition with the wellness program and therapy

The facility staff is very understanding with addiction , is regularly available all hours of the day and night, the matter what the circumstances they can help and if they can't help they know someone who can. Transportation to meetings was a weakness. Artesian is a very big family to me. The gratitude I have for that place is amazing, they help change my life maybe they can change yours .

Supportive environment. Residents as staff poor model. This place was great FOR ME.

Meals were great.

Caring staff. I'm very happy working here and love my job

Strengths: the staff Artesian Wellness and Recovery Centers is a place where the staff really care about the clients.

KR, Thanks for the thoughtful observation. i believe you are correct....We do care very much for out clients!

The staff is very caring. I wish I would've heard about it sooner. At artesian wellness and recovery centers I felt that My loved one received the help they needed.

JG, Thank you for the compliment. Isnt it really all about the people we encounter and are surrounded by each day? There is nothing more important on Earth. Thank you.

Wellness component, BioSound Biofeedback were strengths. Structure of the program was a weakness. Client are treated on an Individualize basis

FP, Thanks for the review. We are continually striving to improve our program. Your honest critique is important and meaningful. We will do our best to provide the best structured program for our clients. Please feel free to reach out to us with some details so we can continue to provide the best care possible. Thank you so much.

Staff willingness to see clients through all the challenges of recovery. I do not believe I saw any weaknesses with the facility. The facility and program are run with care and compassion while maintaining clients integrity and privacy.

MEW, Thank you for your kind words. The staff certainly appreciates that you see no weaknesses, but Im sure if you hung around us long enough you'd pick up on a few flaws :). Best,

A scheduled routine. Fair rules & curfew ability to get a meeting to you. Build your resume and locate job opportunity. Some staff member's to pushy. It's a fair program to give you a safe place to start living sober and keeping you honest and accountable about your decision,s. A great place to get a fresh start. Most staff helped me with a Place to live got me a good job I now have my own apartment fully furnished sober friends and a great support group Thank,s Artisian.

JCP, So happy to hear all of this! Thank you for sharing!! It is most important to our staff that every clients can overcome their challenges, and also move forward in a positive directions with powerful tools for life. Thank you again and we are so very proud of you!!!

Excellent Counseling & Nutrition Availability of Amino Acid supplementation to help restore brain chemistry. Excellent Administrator Who Communicates with Family Provides access to NA meetings but offers more than 12-Step which can be gotten at meetings. 12-Step is NOT the only approach. Sets and keeps boundaries in place.This is a caring environment for someone needing support during cessation of drugs and/or alcohol. As an RN, I know the dynamics that come into play when promoting rehabilitation on every level. This program recognizes the biochemical nature and the neuro-chemistry of addiction. Artesian promotes healing and restoration through diet and amino acid supplementation. Our son had more clarity, so he was able to focus and learn all that was offered to him. This had not occurred in any other rehab program.

Mary, Your critical review is greatly appreciated. We strive for excellence and in healing the addicted brain. We are so happy to hear of your son's success. Thank you for sharing. this is so important to help reach others in need.

IOP is a strength. Can't think of any. I attended IOP here and also lived in housing for about 6 weeks. The IOP program was tailored to my needs and I looked forward to it. I'm a satisfied customer with over 9 months sobriety now.

KJ, Thank you for the comments. We are so happy for you! Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing.

Wellness program Alumni participation Leadership Large campus of 20 homes on one property. The wellness program is one of the best I've seen. The program works. It provides "results for life"

RW, Thank you for the kind words. Creating a comfortable, caring, and clean environment is our number one priority!

Wellness Program that is client specific. Can have IV Amino Acids that heal the addicted brain. Therapy needs to be more impactful. Uses a natural approach to help heal the addicted brain. The aminos help resolve the Post Acute Withdrawal syndrome

Ambrosia Treatment Center
  • Over 10,000 Helped
  • Rehabs.com Approved
  • Secluded Waterfront
Rally Point
  • Video conferencing provided for family therapy sessions for those with out of town families.
  • Holistic treatments including yoga, art and music therapy.
  • Extremely confidential facilities ensuring ultimate privacy and discretion.