Benchmark Transitions in Redlands, CA

(4 of 5)
1971 Essex Ct.
Redlands CA 92373

Benchmark Transitions Philosophy

A family business dedicated to transforming young adult lives through courage, conscience, and character. “We won’t give up if you don’t give up.”

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

DHCS Certified and Licensed Treatment Center

Licensed therapeutic clinicians (M.D., Ph.D., LCSW, LMFT, Certified Substance Abuse Counselors)

Residential - 24/7 Awake Staff Supervision & Support

Jayne Selby-Longnecker, M.Ed.

Chief Executive Officer/Founder

Benchmark was founded in Southern California on September 9, 1993 by Jaynie Longnecker-Harper, who has long been considered to be a leader in the industry of special education for adolescents and transitional living programs for young adults. As a single parent of four children, Jaynie understood all too well that many young people, and their frustrated families, faced a lack of resources in their struggle for self-reliance. With her education, experience and first-hand understanding of addiction, Jaynie set out to provide a real-world setting where troubled teens and struggling young adults could learn to emerge into independence.

ABOUT BENCHMARK TRANSITIONS

Located in Redlands, Calif., Benchmark Transitions is a residential treatment facility for young adults ages 18 to 28. The center offers a full continuum of services for individuals struggling with substance abuse, behavioral health problems, and, as the facility’s website says, “failure to launch” issues. For those requiring medical attention before beginning their treatment, on-site detox services are available.

Clients struggling with substance abuse enter Benchmark’s three-phase program that focuses on building courage, conscience, and character. Phase one occurs in a highly structured residential environment and includes counseling and detoxification support. Phase two consists of partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient care, as well as guidance on academics, job preparedness, and life skills. In phase three, clients typically transition to sober living facilities. They continue to receive therapy, coaching, and mentoring as they adjust to higher levels of independence.

There is a separate track for clients who do not have a history of substance abuse, but struggle with behavioral issues and/or low motivation. This six- to 12-month program integrates group therapy, life skills development, and physical fitness education. After the curriculum, participants are expected to be better equipped to socialize, develop life strategies, and work towards long-term goals.

The staff includes a range of professionals, including medical doctors, psychiatrists, licensed marriage and family therapists, licensed vocational nurses, Ph.D. level therapists, life coaches, counselors, and case managers.

The facility, which includes a 20,000-square foot Outpatient & Learning Center and sober living apartments, can accommodate up to 61 residents at a time. Clients share bedrooms in modern, gender-specific apartments with fully equipped kitchens and cable TV. Clients have access to swimming pools, sand volleyball courts, tennis courts, a sauna, fitness equipment, BBQ grills, and a small home theater. For those who are still enrolled in school, Benchmark offers on-site academic support.

Thirteen alumni of Benchmark Transitions were polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing. Several respondents credited the facility with saving their lives. In a representative positive review, alum R.O. shared: "Benchmark taught me a lot about adapting to situations that I have no control over," citing additional healthy weight loss and advising that the way to make the most of the program is to respect the staff and follow the rules "because in the long run, it will help you so much out in the real world."

Criticisms cited disorganization, grouping clients with incompatible issues and diagnoses together for a one-size-fits-all treatment experience, and a "lacking" behavioral health program.

On Google, Benchmark Transitions had an average rating of four out of five stars based on 20 reviews to date.[1] Positive commentary reflected well on Benchmark Transitions' staff and the healthy coping skills learned through the program.

On the facility’s YellowPages.com page, there were four ratings and an average of five out of five stars at the time of this writing. Alum Ali P. gave the facility a maximum five-rating and wrote, “At Benchmark Transitions, I was given an environment where I was free from our chaotic, ever-distracting society, far enough away from fast-paced temptations commonly found in big cities...I can say with confidence that if it was not for the experience I had with Benchmark Transitions, I would not be where I am today.” [2]

Reviews from loved ones, mostly parents, are more favorable. D.L. told Rehabs.com that they felt “optimistic and relieved” after using the “Family Bridge” portal to receive updates on their son’s progress. Despite dealing with some disorganization, D.L. wrote: “Benchmark does feel warm, caring and like a family. The 18 to 25 age group is perfect for us. Aside from addiction recovery, my son is learning vocational, educational and life skills.”

Google reviews from parents were similarly positive. Carol wrote about her son’s transformation into a “young man who is maturing slowly but steadily.” Glenn, also a satisfied parent, described Benchmark’s staff as “masters at their respective crafts,” and John shared a story of his son “blossoming before our very eyes." All three gave five-star ratings.

On the facility’s Yelp page there are seven reviews. Family member J.C., who gave the facility a five- out of five-star rating, wrote that he was impressed with the facility after his son attended the facility for 11 months. [3] “During this time we have met almost every staff member. We have gotten to know a few like his case managers quite well. Invariably they have all have been utterly professional and caring.” J.C. had more positive remarks for Benchmark, stating “But we are convinced that by working closely with Benchmark we have given our son the best chance possible at having a fulfilling life.”

K.F., the mother of a client at the facility, gave Benchmark Transitions a five- out of five-star rating. She was happy with how the facility handled her child’s dual diagnosis, stating, “Benchmark transitions helped us through a very tough period in our life when our child was out of control due to Marijuana use and undiagnosed Bipolar disorder...The whole team at Benchmark are loving, dedicated, and beautiful individuals

Former and current employees of Benchmark Transitions had only positive reports about the center. V.N.A. issued five stars across the board in their Rehabs.com review, writing: “I've seen wonderful turn-around with clients that will not even speak to staff and hold their head down always, to walking with their head held high.” And B.L., a service provider with a three-year relationship with Benchmark, wrote: “I've witnessed a level of compassion and caring within Benchmark that is rare, which I believe sets them apart from many other treatment centers.”

According to its website, Benchmark accepts most private insurance plans, including Aetna, Cigna, United Behavioral Health, and others. The facility also offers financial assistance via Prosper Healthcare Lending.

[1] https://goo.gl/JjzDgV
[2] https://www.yellowpages.com/redlands-ca/mip/benchmark-transitions-461992913
[3] https://www.yelp.com/biz/benchmark-transitions-redlands

Published on November 2017

First a little background on my son, the Benchmark Transitions client. My 23 year old son went through the Benchmark Transitions program. He was/is a dual diagnosis client (substance abuse and bipolar). He was in a psychiatric hospital going through his third psychotic episode (mania) brought on by excessive use of Dabs (honey butane oil, wax, shatter, budder are other names for dabs) which was his drug of choice (DOC). He has told us that he has tried pretty much everything other than heroin and meth but Dabs was his DOC. So after his third admittance in the hospital, second admit in less than two months, we (his parents) made it very simple for him; go to a treatment program (for the second time) or find someplace else to live other than our home. If you are a user or parent, be clear - this was not an ultimatum. This was a choice for him and no one else to make. He initially refused to go to another treatment program. He lasted one month in a program two years prior in a different from Benchmark. After much research, consideration and a recommendation from the psych hospital my wife and I decided the program we would offer to him was Benchmark Transitions. He tried to threaten us by saying he would go to a transitional living home the hospital would drop him off at or even go to a homeless shelter. We told him that was his choice to make but he would not be allowed back in our family home until he COMPLETED. a program. We let him know that if he decided to go to a program that all the decisions of his treatment and stay needed to be made by the professional staff at the facility and not by us, his parents, or him. After trying to threaten us that he was going to live on the streets or in a homeless shelter for about a week during his last few days at the hospital, he agreed to go to Benchmark the second to last day of his hospital admittance. We specifically chose Benchmark because they treated both substance abuse and mental health illness. Benchmark was also one of the only facilities that would take clients even when they new the client did not want to be in the treatment program. Many facilities told us the client had to want to be there for them to be admitted to their rehab program. Upon admission to Benchmark our son was places in their "Wildwood" facility. He was still coming clean from his drug use and was receiving a few different kinds of therapy. During his time in Wildwood his therapist, was a tremendous help to him. She was a straight shooter and understood how our son was feeling. His feelings went from anger and blame towards us to the start of acceptance and responsibility on his part. After completing the treatment at Wildwood our son transitioned to the “Cypress” living facility. Here they have more freedom and responsibility. At this point our son was assigned a therapist and case worker. We could not have asked or prayed for two better people to help our son. After meeting with we agreed that we would work on our sons recovery as a team. My wife and I decided that we would never undermine what was being required of our son from the program. Best decision we ever made! When our son asked us if he could vary from the rules of the program, we always deferred and told him that we would discuss it with before making any decisions. He almost always knew what the answer to his requests would be. I definitely feel that our unity as a team was tremendous in our sons recovery. He knew he could not vary from the program without consequences that he did not want (i.e. him not allowed back in our home or extending the time he was going to have to stay in the program). From the Cypress house our son transitioned to apartment living where he was given even more freedom and responsibility. He was required to make his meetings, therapy and Dr.’s appointments on his own. He had to complete community service and look for a job. He was well aware that had his best interests by now and by paying close attention to those around him at different phases of their treatment, our son knew what the consequences were for any type of behavior that was not conducive to his rehabilitation. We know this was not easy for him, but we believe that our son knowing he had a team that included the Benchmark staff, along with his parents and family standing behind him, holding him accountable and not enabling him to continue with any type of destructive behavior he was able to be successful at Benchmark. Our son has been out of the program for two months now. We hold him accountable to attend 12 step meetings, maintaining a sponsor and allowing us to do random drug testing. He is also responsible for maintaining his therapy sessions, Dr.’s appointments and taking medications as directed. He is pursuing a career while maintaining a job to provide for himself and be accountable for his responsibilities. His life is definitely not easy but it is so much better than seeing him spin out of control, upsetting everyone around him, losing his job and being close to losing his family due to substance abuse. We owe this to all the staff at Benchmark Transitions. We feel that if you do not enable your family member and make sure you attack the problem of substance abuse and/or mental health as a team with the professionals at Benchmark, your chances of success for your family member will go up tremendously. Thank you Benchmark!

I attended benchmark transitions for 4 months after coming out of an amazing wilderness program that changed my life. I had very positive hopes for this program, but every single one fell short. I was honestly borderline traumatized by this program, which added to my pre existing PTSD. I got through all of the phases and moved to the apartments, where I was told it would “get better” when I had more independence. Clients sit at the out patient center for 12 hours a day doing boring and pretty much meaningless groups. It is difficult people with behavioral problems (such as depression and ADHD) and addiction issues have to sit still in chairs all day, especially for me coming out of a program in which we constantly move around. This is not a mentally stimulating program whatsoever. Clients are also not allowed to use coping skills when they are anxious/depressed such as coloring or walking around the room because they are “distracting” so clients have to sit there and suffer. The case managers are extremely unreasonable and most of the staff are untrained. Some of the residential assistants are alright, but the higher ups are really the issue. They make no attempt to have a relationship with the clients who pay a boatload of money to attend the program. The higher ups work in the same building, so it’s not like they don’t have the means to do so. The program is extremely unorganized and the utter lack of communication effects the entire facility. The clients have barely any say in what goes on with THEIR treatment and it’s extremely frustrating. The staff doesn’t listen to what the clients want, but do what they think is best, even if it isn’t. When benchmark staff gives tours to education consultants, they sugar coat absolutely everything and straight lie about a lot of things, such as what we receive for breakfast, activities we do and events at the OPC (I would know as I had to give several tours when I served as a client mentor). Benchmark made my depression and self harm thoughts 10x worse and I felt like I lost a lot of the progress I had made in wilderness. The program is 110% focused on consequences for “negative” behavior, anything from having an angry outburst to cutting or relapsing. Most of the clients there are miserable but have accepted that they can’t do anything about it, as the case managers tell the parents what they want to hear. The only thing I gained from the program was a decent relationship with my therapist and some really good food, the chef is amazing and one of the best staff they have there. The higher up$ will try to keep you there a$ long a$ they can...$$$ they charge for absolutely everything so unnecessarily. If you actually care about your loved one, please do not send them here. It works for some people, but from my experience, not many.

Really enjoyed my stay, addressed ALL of my issues and focused on the patients really well. Had great counseling, and they always made time for me regardless of how busy they were. Have been clean and sober for 136 days, and they have been able to give me the confidence to get back into the workplace.

This was my daughters third rehab facility. We were hopeless and frankly exhausted from worry. She will soon be celebrating her 12 months of sobriety. The team of professionals have been so supportive, most importantly to our daughter. We go to sleep knowing she is safe and sober, something we never thought we could testify. They are helping her find work and she has learned to cope with the responsibilities that come with being an adult. Special thanks for always being available and giving 110% always. I am thankful for this program every morning my feet hit the floor. It's a miracle! My heart is hopeful. Thank you Benchmark Transitions! Sincerely

I have been with Benchmark for little over a year. I have attended several different programs and this one is really great and aimed towards young adults. What makes benchmark different is the way the program works. You learn not only about addiction and sobriety but how to become a functioning adult. While I have been here I have attended college, worked 30 hours a week and hit the gym nearly every day all while learning about early recovery and gaining confidence in myself in ways I never have before. I recommend Benchmark Transitions to young adults needing to get back on the right track, the facility is top notch and everyone there is very skilled in what they do. I had a great case manager he has helped me find work, stays on top of all my tasks I have to do and really goes the extra mile to help his clients. The staff at the detox Wildwood house is also very skilled and easy going helpful professionals . This is a place where people can gain their lives back.

One week ago today my son, who just turned 26, completed his program at Benchmark. He was placed at Benchmark through our insurance at a very critical time in his life. His addiction had taken him to rock bottom and Benchmark gave him the tools needed to help him in his recovery. The residential home placement is a very beautiful environment with supportive staff. There he began to learn how to handle his issues with his therapist, case manager, and equine therapy. Benchmark was very quick to assess and treat his medical needs and dual-diagnosis. Upon completion of his time there he transitioned to the outpatient phase of the program. He then had the opportunity to handle more responsibility, earning privileges, and gaining some independence gradually. He had a new treatment team which continued working with him with different therapies. He had a very good relationship with his case manager and therapist. They were both a very essential part of his recovery from his addiction and his behavioral needs. His case manager provided excellent communication and support, providing weekly updates and addressing all concerns that I had. I really appreciated how Benchmark recognized individual needs and work with clients in the areas that they struggle. I am very grateful for the progress my son has made with Benchmarks help. When he entered the program at Benchmark, his addiction had left him very broken and had damaged all of his relationships. Today he is in sober living, has a positive outlook, and is working on mending his relationships.

This program was borderline traumatizing. I came here following a wilderness program which helped me become I better person than I had ever been before. I was glowing with hope and positivity. After a couple of months at Benchmark I had lost all of that and sunk into the negative morass that is the community here. There are people there for addiction, mental illness, behavioral problems, social adjustment problems etc and they are all treated the same by staff. The "worst" punishment was ITO. You are put on non-comm (cant talk to or acknowledge anyone else) and moved to an apartment by yourself for a month or several. And apply that punishment to someone with depression because they cut themselves. Thats the polar opposite of an appropriate and therapeutic response. You dont punish a depressed person for being depressed just as you dont punish and shame an addict/alcoholic for relapsing. There are appropriate consequences and Benchmark did not apply them. It was NOT a healing program for me, and it was not so for many other people I knew there. It also had a weird cultish vibe, as we were somehow brainwashed into defending the program while there. The owner$ will do their be$t to keep you there a$ long a$ they can. There are plenty of other options, dont be fooled by external appearances. This is an extremely important choice for your child future.

I was a client at Benchmark Transitions for a little over four months, and I have nothing but positive things to say about this company. I had been struggling with addiction and behavioral issues for almost a year when my family and I agreed to enroll me into the Benchmark program. I began the program at the beautiful men’s residential facility at Wildwood Canyon felt right at home all of the staff were very accommodating to my struggles and helped me work through the challenges that come along with early recovery. After 30 Days at the residential facility I transitioned down to the outpatient center for the next phase of my treatment. Once again the staff here at Benchmark made the transition very easy with their professionalism and outreach. While at the Outpatient Center I learned many tools and techniques to begin to take control of my life again. I was able to reenroll in college, find a place to live, and set up job interviews for when I returned home. I was also able to volunteer and perform community service while at the OPC. Another great trait of Benchmark is their therapy team. I had weekly therapy sessions which allowed me to work through some of my past struggles. In conclusion to anyone struggling with addiction or behavioral health issues I would highly recommend Benchmark Transitions. It changed my life and can change yours too.

My 20-year-old son will be coming home from Benchmark next week, after a 5-month stay. When we arrived, we were given a full tour and I met everyone who would be working with my son. I felt more comfortable leaving him and driving home to Colorado, knowing he was in good hands. At first, he had to be pretty persistent to get his high school education started, but once it was up and running, he was able to move at his own pace. The teachers are terrific, his case manager was so very helpful and knowledgeable, often going above and beyond to work with my son. His therapist is a wonderful woman. Ask her how she is, and she tells you, "I'm blessed." Now my son and I are blessed as well, thanks to Benchmark Transitions. The owner and her daughter helped me through one of the darkest times of my life. We once again have hope, and in fact, my son wants to be a wilderness addictions therapist. He left Benchmark Transitions not only with tools to remain clean and sober, but also with his high school diploma and resources for a career in which he will be able to pay it forward. What else could a mom ask for?

My experience at Benchmark Transitions had its ups and downs. Fortunately for myself, i had a case manager that advocated and backed me up to the best of his ability. I had two therapists during my stay who were both very supportive and cognizant of my needs as a client. For myself, these services were the highlight, as i felt that the more individual approach as opposed to the umbrella approach of the rest of the program were much more beneficial for growth. The food at benchmark while at the ed center is focused on balance and for the most part healthy to the best of its ability. The chef is always open to suggestions and does an excellent job teaching culinary skills as well. Overall, Benchmark helped me in some ways.

First off I would like to start by saying how much this program did not help me at all; if anything they put me through more troubles and stress then I have ever been in. I have been here for 9 months and since my time of being here it has been nothing but chaotic; I have seen more staff leave than clients. This program is disorganized and things are changing constantly, clients don't know whats wrong from right because nothing stays the same. I came here to get my high school diploma and leave and it took them months after I arrived to begin the process of school. The only good thing about this program is the staff that have stayed around, such as the housing staff on property and my case manager as well as my therapist who fought for me through the times of bullshit that this program has put me through. The people here who have a say on your treatment plan are the main people who have no interaction with you whatsoever so they just go off of what everyone else is saying about you which in the end screws you over. Overall I would not recommend this program to anyone.

The doctors are extremely professional and I benefited from their aid for the last six months. I would recommend coming here to anyone with an addiction. The entire RA staff is helpful.-LC

When I arrived here I was an absolute mess and unstable to say the least. I was convinced I didn’t have a drug problem and I refused to even dare compare or relate to the people in the room. After the overdose I was scared for my life. I was unable to speak clearly enough for anyone to understand but the best blessing that came from it was a fresh start, a clear head, and a real understanding of powerlessness. When I came to it was sickening - I realized how out of control my life had become in a matter of only a weekend.But Benchmark and my treatment team gave me the opportunity and chance I so desperately needed to better myself. The time I spent here was an absolute blessing and an opportunity of a lifetime.

We are anxiously awaiting the return of our son. today as he has completed the program at Benchmark after nine long months. It was a leap of faith for us to trust our 18 year old in someone else's care. We were fortunate to have a staff assigned to our son as a case manager. the staff not only fulfilled that role, he exceeded it. He was our son's surrogate father while in the care of Benchmark. There was a certain sense of peace knowing that the staff was there for our son and we grew rather comfortable knowing the staff had it covered. the staff helped us work through many of the ups and downs that come with recovery. He never wavered and was always available and accessible to us and and our son.

Watch your wallet, folks... We asked what total cost would be and if everything is included in that quote. They assured us it all was. Then they proceeded to bill us for extra items, way over billed. Sneaky and dishonest.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we would be happy to review your concerns, and review any billing questions that you might have, at any time, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. Benchmark is committed to fair, transparent and ethical billing practices.

Benchmark transitions helped us through a very tough period in our life when our child was out of control due to Marijuana use and undiagnosed Bipolar disorder. This is a place about families helping families. The place is born out of a mother's love, desperation and dedication to her children and other children when all else must have seemed like a nightmare to her due to the loss of her husband in terrible circumstances. My first point of contact was with one of the daughters who continue their family legacy and is one of the siblings managing the place. She stayed on the phone with me through one of the darkest days of my life and kept me going until my child relented and agreed to go into rehab. The whole team at Benchmark are loving, dedicated, and beautiful individuals . Thank you. Much thanks to my child's team and many other wonderful people who helped us through five months of trials and tribulations. I am a mom and also a professional in the same field and I would recommend Benchmark to parents who feel there may be no where else to turn. Bench marks is not cheap but they may work with some insurances if you are in network. I am willing to talk other parents who are in the same situation....leave a remark with your contact or contact Benchmark and ask for my contact from Case manager.

They really worked with us to make sure we could get the help we needed. We very much appreciated the extra effort this treatment program made.

Ten years ago, we didn't know if we would ever see our son again. Learning disabilities, mental health issues, and isolation that led him to choose druggie friends left him adrift. Terrified, we reluctantly chose to ship him off to a wilderness program only weeks before he turned 18; there, thanks to a great therapist and parent education, he finished. The next step was crucial; after wilderness, he spent close to two years at Benchmark where he faced hard choices and consequences for failing to meet goals. These were real life goals; he worked slinging burgers, he took community college class, he helped others with adoption issues and was always tested for drug use. He survived. By 2009, he transitioned into life again near home but not at home; he had to maintain his own healthy living skills himself. That was the acid test; could he keep it together without the program? He worked and worked and worked and finally emerged into a regular guy who pays taxes. In fact, he married and is very very involved in raising children in his family. He never forgot the lessons at Benchmark and I suspect he never will. The road in rehab is very expensive and challenging for the student and for his or her parents but it is worth every penny we spent. Sell your house, sell your motorcycle, do anything you can to get your child/adult into such a program. This is how we saved our son's life.

saved my life and gave me hope and the SKILLS needed to succeed.

Benchmark Transitions was definitely a life changing place for me. When I came to the program, I was committed to creating change in my life that would make my friends, family and most importantly: myself proud. I came to Benchmark Transitions straight from a wilderness program called Aspiro. I was grateful of the fact that I was going to be living indoors and sleep on an actual bed, rather than living in the wilderness. Benchmark taught me a lot about adapting to situations that I have no control over. For example if I had a disagreement with someone or something, I learned the best thing is to let go expectations and just go with the flow. Which has honestly benefitted my life today. Because before I came to Benchmark, I felt I was entitled to have and get everything. When in the real world, nobody owes me anything. Therefore, the program has taught me some real valuable lessons that I use out there in the real world today. Benchmark taught me a lot about healthy living, I lost a lot of weight while I was there. Especially keeping a tidy apartment. Benchmark helped me get a job at Amazon, encouraged me to go back to college, and helped me move into my own apartment today. Which all led me to finding more opportunities here in the Inland Empire. The biggest advice I can give to any body that interested in coming to Benchmark is be willing let go of your own expectations about how the program should be. Be willing to follow staff's directions no matter how crazy it might sound. Because sooner or later they will be very willing to work with you and help you with the goals you want to achieve after Benchmark. The staff will go the extra mile for you IF you respect them and work with them not against them. Also just keep a positive attitude here, because in the long run, it will help you so much out in the real world. I am thankful for this place, because I wouldn't be all that I am today without Benchmark Transitions.

It was v e r y helpful when I first got here, they're there when I need them even now, it's just my parents that are the issue of not letting me come out of this program because they're scared.

Very poorly managed.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to review your concerns at any time, so please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your concerns.

Everything in this statement is based off my personal opinions of my experience as a previous client of Benchmark Transitions. They seemed to be very disorganized, my parents were very frustrated with this. While I was there I was suspended from the program, for drinking. They handled the situation very badly in my opinion. I took off willingly a few months later, and then they expelled me from the program. After a few weeks home they sent a graduation certificate in the mail. In which I had not completed the program at all. All negatives aside, The food was great, the gym membership was great and I made a few friends that I still speak with today.

As a survivor of this institution I encourage anyone genuinely seeking help for their loved ones to say FAR FAR AWAY! They staff is largely unsupervised - they throw kids with violent issues, substance issues, depression, and self-harm issues together. At the sign of trouble they will turf your loved ones out. They have NO religious or cultural sensitivity.

Benchmark helped me get through my family struggles and addiction issues. After they saved my life they gave me a job and included me into their family. I suggest benchmark to and for anyone who needs quality treatment.

I've seen some amazing things occur with the clients that have come through the program at Benchmark. I've seen wonderful turn-around with clients that will not even speak to staff and hold their head down always, to walking with their head held high, showing confidence, smiling, interacting and being talkative with staff and coming alive right before my eyes! The transformation is so great to see - it's truly a blessing to see the effects the program has on the clients!!!

I have provided services and support to Benchmark Transitions for the past three years, and have a very high regard for their leadership. I've witnessed a level of compassion and caring within Benchmark that is rare, which I believe sets them apart from many other treatment centers. I don't have a child in need of treatment, but if I did I know it would be hard to take that leap of faith that a program is going to genuinely care about their welfare as much as me. If you are in the position of choosing a treatment center for a young adult, you should absolutely check out Benchmark.

My 25 year old son checked in this past Thursday 2/25. My first impression is extremely positive. I was introduced to everyone who will be involved in my son's treatment. I was given a tour of the facility and his schedule of treatment was discussed. The next day I received a phone call from my son and one of his mentors. I also received an email with information pertaining to the Family Bridge, a portal where parents and family members can write to their loved one at Benchmark. I see photos of my son enjoying hiking and positive activities with his peer group. It is so important to me that I am "in the loop" and know what is happening with my son (even if he is an adult at 25). He had gone to another rehab last year and that experience was very different. Though we had an appointment, we were kept waiting for hours. I was never introduced to the staff, the program was never discussed. I was told that I could not see the rooms. They seemed disorganized and overwhelmed. Benchmark does feel warm, caring and like a family. The 18-25 age group is perfect for us. Aside from addiction recovery, my son is learning vocational, educational and life skills (such as money management, career counseling). I will post again after 6 months. So far, I feel optimistic and relieved.

Though the program is very effective for those in recovery, their behavioral health program is lacking. If you wish to be enrolled and have food allergies or other dietary restrictions, be sure to mention them at enrollment. Though the majority of the staff is well trained in handling psychiatric dilemmas, there are staff members who are not as familiar with noticing and properly handling physical problems, for example allergic reactions. In short, though this program was a brilliant idea on paper, the execution was done poorly.