Decision Point Center in Prescott, AZ

505 W. Whipple Street
Prescott AZ 86301

Decision Point Center Philosophy

Decision Point takes a contemporary view of addiction as a chronic disease, not a choice. And like any chronic condition, addiction must be managed throughout one’s life. But this does not mean having to live life any less fully or with limitations. On the contrary, we believe that by learning to manage the condition of addiction and its associated disorders, people become better at learning to overcome the many other adversities they will encounter throughout their lives. We believe that treating addiction should be seen as a positive and healthful path of hope and growth.

• Detoxification Services
    The Decision Point Detoxification Center provides detoxification services in an Arizona state-licensed facility accredited by the Joint Commission. Medical detoxification is provided under the direction of our board-certified physicians and a team of specialized nurses who supervise our clients' safe withdrawal from a myriad of addictive substances including but not limited to; alcohol, benzodiazepines, heroin, methamphetamines, methadone and a variety of opiate medications, including fentanyl, carfentanil and prescription “pain pills”. We also specialize in some of the more popular emerging drugs of abuse: kratom, ketamine, piperazine, bath salts, synthetic cannabinoids, salvia divinorum and other psychoactive drugs. Our physicians have developed detox protocols based on peer-review research that emphasizes the use of today’s latest and most efficacious medications such as buprenorphine (Subutex/Suboxone), diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), clonazepam (Klonopin), chlordiazepoxide (Librium) and phenobarbital. At the end of our detoxification protocol our medical staff can foster a smooth and comfortable transition to our 45-Day Residential Treatment Program for clients who choose to seek additional care. .

• 45-Day Residential Treatment Program
    Treatment for drug and alcohol abuse in our 45-Day Inpatient Treatment Program involves a combination of behavioral and holistic therapies designed to achieve cessation from alcohol and drugs, an understanding of the causes of the disease of addiction, the ability to identify “triggers” for relapse, and the wherewithal to navigate one’s way back on track by seeking appropriate help should relapse occur. Should the client or the clinicians at Decision Point Center determine that deeper therapeutic work on underlying mental health issues, and/or educational and vocational counseling be of significant benefit to the client, he or she may elect to stay on for our 45-day Extended Residential Treatment Program. All 45-Day Residential Treatment clients live and receive treatment at Decision Point’s Prescott, Arizona treatment center.

Treatment for Adults 18+

Gary Hees

Senior Clinical Director

Gary D. Hees MA, LPC was born, raised and educated in Houston, Texas. After a successful twenty-two year career in information processing, Gary made the decision to change careers and enter the Behavioral Health field. He received his Master’s degree from the University of Houston-Clear Lake in Psychology-Marriage and Family Therapy. Gary has been licensed in Texas, and now in Arizona, for fifteen years. During that time he has worked with adolescents in an Alternative Education Program, with adult Co-Occuring disordered clients in a Community Mental Health setting that included hospitals, a Partial Hospital Program and outpatient therapy, and in a private Therapeutic Boarding School for adolescent women.

Gary brings a foundational developmental and systemic perspective focused by training in Ericksonian Hypnosis, Motivational Interviewing, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Pia Mellody’s Post-Induction Model as well as multiple Family Therapy modalities such as Structural, Strategic, Narrative and Brief Solution-Focused therapy. In addition, Gary has years of experience working with addictions of all kinds as well as depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder and bipolar disorder.

Dave Seymour

Program Director

Dave Seymour has been working in behavioral healthcare since 2012. With over 5 years of experience in the field, Dave has developed a passion for working with adults who are struggling with substance abuse and addiction. Dave specializes in helping families understand their loved one’s challenges with substance abuse. Drawing from his own experiences with addiction, Dave can relate to the daily struggles that each patient encounters and works diligently with the team at Decision Point Center to provide the best care possible for each of the clients and their families. Being a father, Dave understands the importance of bringing families together to overcome the imbalance that is created from substance abuse. With over 9 years of sobriety, Dave leads by example, and is living proof that it is possible to live a life filled with hope, faith, and courage.

ABOUT DECISION POINT CENTER

Surrounded by the scenic mountains of Prescott, Ariz., Decision Point Center has been in operation since 2002. However, the facility redesigned its program including changing modalities in 2015. The facility focuses on providing specialized services for both addiction and substance abuse which the facility considers to be separate disorders. As a result, individualized care is a primary focus of treatment at Decision Point Center.

Decision Point Center provides residential treatment for adults struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Disorders such as anxiety and depression are addressed, along with failure to launch issues. Medically supervised detox services are offered on-site and in nearby Prescott Valley. The facility also operates an outpatient program in Scottsdale.

The treatment process at Decision Point Center begins with an initial phone consultation with trained specialists that can help determine if the program offers the appropriate services for clients. Referrals to other programs can be provided if needed. However, clients will need to be re-evaluated at other facilities. Phone consultants can also begin the admission process.
Clients in need of immediate medical supervision can be admitted to the medically managed detox program. It is overseen by a certified physician and nursing staff that can effectively address the needs of clients. Clients can detox from a wide range of substances. Medical staff members are available around-the-clock to address clients’ needs. Once a client is stabilized, the client is transferred to the residential program.

Decision Point Center offers two residential programs lasting 45 days and 90 days for extended care and recovery time. Treatment is based on the holistic recovery model by addressing clients in a comprehensive manner. The residential programs use treatment modalities for specific age groups including young adults (18 to 34) and older adults (35+). Treatment also uses the 12-steps principles, although there are programming alternatives for clients that would prefer a non-12-steps approach.

In the residential program, multiple modalities including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing (MI), eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) are used to address substance abuse and addiction behaviors. Clients participate in individual counseling sessions as well as communal group sessions like 12-step programs.

In addition to counseling, clients participate in sober living and vocational counseling programs. Career counseling sessions and life skills development workshops are made available to clients to promote sober living skills development. Clients also participate in specialized sober living programs focused on anger management, conflict/trauma resolution, and relapse prevention.

Outdoor recreational therapy are a significant part of the physical rehabilitation component of the programs. The location of the facility allows the facility to offer a wide range of outdoor activities. These include hiking, equine therapy, and rock climbing to name a few. Family participation is encouraged throughout the program.

The staff at Decision Point Center includes certified medical physicians and nursing staff, as well as highly trained counseling staff members. The therapists and counselors hold master-level degrees in their fields. Clients will also interact with facilities management and maintenance staff members as well as recreational therapists and specialists.

The facilities at Decision Point Centers allow residents to live in comfortable and homey spaces with shared bedrooms, common areas, and a kitchen. The facility has a range of communal and counseling spaces, as well as outdoor facilities for recreational therapies.

Rehabs.com has received upward of a dozen reviews from alumni of Decision Point Center to date. Reviews are mixed, as Rehabs.com received reviews before and after Decision Point Center’s overhaul in 2016. Overall, the facility received praise for its treatment team, programming, and life skills training from Rehabs.com respondents. “My family was planning my funeral and lost hope in me,” J.P. wrote. “I did not know how to live life and DP taught me how… I am forever grateful for this place… I am a miracle and DP made it possible.”

Negative reviews focused on the facility’s harsh disciplinary tactics, rigidity in the 12-Steps, and making individuals stay too long. These are all facets specifically addressed by new management and one alum, B.K., wrote: “Whoa! These old reviews make this place look horrible!! I just graduated recently and while it was challenging it was the best decision I ever made.”

On Google, the facility earned 3.8 out of five stars from 21 reviews to date. [1] Alumni praised the friendly staff and the tools clients are taught. In a representative review, alum Zac wrote: “This place has gone above and beyond to help me more times than I can count. I will always be grateful for the people who work here. They truly care. They gave me the tools to stay sober and prepared me for life as a sober individual.”

To date, eight loved ones provided feedback to Rehabs.com for Decision Point Center. Feedback from loved ones is also mixed.

Family members were most satisfied with the staff's level of training and experience and the cleanliness of the treatment facility, each of which loved ones gave average ratings of four out of five stars.

Features that could be stronger, according to loved ones, were the holistic offerings (2.38 out of five stars) and available counseling options (2.5 out of five stars).

At the time of this writing, the six staff reviews received by Rehabs.com are mostly positive and reflect the changes and growth of Decision Point.

Staff member Jason, who has been an employee for over five years, noted that he has seen tremendous change occur and is proud of the direction the facility is moving. “You can see the results from the smiles on the clients faces, and the families that have been reconciled,” he wrote. “We have brought back equine therapy and multi-day hikes which all clients love! I am proud to be a part of such a unique and special program that helps clients to regain their lives!”

Current staffer, A.L. agreed that there has been a tremendous amount of change over the past year, claiming: “today we have a management staff that truly cares about each individual patient… I know that Decision Point Center is trying to provide quality care for each person that walks through our doors.”

Decision Point Center does accept most commercial insurances. The facility does not accept Medicare, Medicaid, AHCCCS, or Tricare. Coverage depends on the specific insurance provider and the facility urges interested clients to verify their coverage on its website. It is unclear if self-pay or other financing options are available.

[1] https://goo.gl/QB2M1N

Published on October 2017

My son was in Decision Point's detox, inpatient, and sober living facilities. He has been in many others, and I can say Decision Point was the best. His counselor got my son's respect, and took a very personal interest in him. It's been a couple of years and Dave is still checking in on him and his wellness. We would follow anywhere to receive this care, compassion, and knowledge. He stands out as number one in a very large group of counselors.

When I entered Decision Point I was an empty, emotionless shell of a women. I truly believe that this program brought me back from the brink of death: emotionally, physically and spiritually. I will never be able to express the gratitude I feel. Thank you for giving me my life.

I do NoT recommend this facility if you are a adult that has any sort of class and professional background. This is a good facility for those fresh out of jail or fresh off the streets with no place to go. They just want your money or insurance money. I walked into the admissions office shortly after detox to see “always be closing” on the white board. That is sales 101 if you ask me! They sell you individual treatment and that simply does not exist - they say they have many other options rather than just AA and that does not exist - they sell you on equine therapy and that does not exist. They treat grown adults like children and come up with the most insane rules when they feel like it. The residential staff all hate their jobs and constantly complained about how “this place is going downhill fast”. Not a nice comment from staff to hear when your trying to get help. There is little to no socializing with those of the opposit sex and when it is allowed you may not sit next to one and other let alone speak to them. It’s FREEZING this time of year and they have staff sitting outside to make sure that nobody takes off when everyone is there on their own will - nobody has to be there and if they want to leave let them! The only thing that deserves any accolades is the psychiatrist. She is AMAZING and is the only person that knows anything about treating those with a problem. I would never ever recommend this facility to anyone I know and love.

I am very grateful for everyone at Decision Point, they have given me a second chance and the opportunity to get my life back. The staff have always been very helpful and caring towards my treatment and I wouldn't have done it without them. Thank you Decision Point, you gave me my life back!!!

This place really made the difference. I have been to many treatment centers in the past and this one is a cut above the rest. I came in to treatment with a horrible attitude and outlook, but the things i have learned and the insight I have gained have been priceless. Leaving Decision Point I feel like I have the proper tools and a strong foundation to find continued success in my recovery. The staff here our second to none and create a fertile atmosphere for growth while letting you figure things out for yourself at your own pace. Both the residential and programming center are great accommodations. There was never anytime when I thought that I was lacking any necessities.

I feel that DP really helped me. They give you the skills to cope with your addiction out in every day life. The living corters give you the feeling of independence and the connections that I was able to make with the men in this program is like a brotherhood. My Councler and Client Care Manager really where tough but awesome. The Residental Technicans Troy, Dave,Nate,Austin And Todd where always there for me when I needed to talk or anything. And I really like the Smart Recovery Meeting led by Austin he does a great job.

This is my second time coming through DP. Many staff here actually care about the clients and are very helpful. Dave has helped me out so much both times that I was here. From being my first primary therapist to showing up in my home town to take me back when I didn't think I needed to go. Him being my interventionist has shown me he genuinely cares. There are a few staff that are great people in it to actually help the clients. The facilities are clean and safe. The one on one therapy is legit. Thanks to all the staff here but most of all thanks to Dave for getting me back here and believing in me.

12 step abstinence only faith based treatment. Half the staff were newly (1 year sometimes) recovering addicts who were in charge of leading group counseling, dispersing medication, and the 2 psychiatrists they employed gave medications like Ambian, Lunesta and other mind altering drugs for sleep yet they were very anti medical assisted maintenance treatment for opiate/heroin addicts and discouraged clients from ever trying them even for long term, older, addicts with multiple relapses and multiple 12 step rehab stints (me). As an atheist, 12 step treatment was very difficult and they never offered other treatment options. I was told I was graduating after 6 months there, and then they continued to tell me they thought I was going to die because I was not getting help from their program and never suggested trying anti craving meds like Subutex, methadone or Buprenorphine as an option after I left. I relapsed since I felt like I was a hopeless and was told by staff "you are the kind of addict that is so bad, if you don't get help with 12 step I'm going to die". I know of 7 clients and friend I met there who died from heroin OD shortly after graduating. It seemed like some of the classes they offered ( music therapy) were just there to fill up our day with unhelpful classes. I moved away and tried Subutex and it saved my life and still does, 5 years now! The 1 thing that saved my life was the 1 thing they were against and worse scoffed at it as a legitimate recovery path even though it has higher rates of heroin/opiate recovery than the 12 steps 5% rate. 5% is pathetic and to deny addicts every option is beyond disgusting and negligent. If you have an opiate/heroin addiction DO not go here! I think I know 1 person still clean from my 6 months there. I would not recommend it for any addiction actually. Rehabs are huge money making businesses that have the biggest failure rate,yet any other business would be bankrupt with the lack of success rehabs have, but abstinence only faith 12 step treatment is the norm and most rehabs are fine with the statistical failure? Those failures are lives lost to addiction and I still can't get an answer as to why they never suggested to me anti craving medication. It makes me furious that friends...were never offered anything like that and they keep doing the same thing?

Compassionate staff, highly trained, well organized, these staff members truly care about the client and their well being. I would recommend this facility to anyone who is struggling themselves, or who has a loved one struggling with addiction. This program saved my brothers life. Love the staff!!!! My brother is now 16 months sober and it was all thanks to Decision Point.

Strong core staff. Full medical department and Adventure Department. Gave me opportunity to grow as an individual. Would like more opportunity to go to the gym. I think the staff at Decision Point is not only caring but genuinely whats to know you as a person. You don't feel like you are in "treatment" but more like you are being treated as a person with a disease. I see a lot of treatment centers that have patients go through their centers and when they are done, they're done. With DP the have a great alumni program that offers meetings and trips. I still feel connected to the people at DP.

Experienced staff Educated. Caring. Integrity. New team great Remodeling on living area now. Only one option for men. It's nice but the other one will be nicer You're reviews on this site are really outdated about decision point. The CEO innocent where he relapsed happened almost six years ago. This place helped save my brothers life.

This place saved my life. I always recommend decision point to those that are suffering.

I attended and completed this program in 2013, and am still sober today. I was taught respect for myself, and respect for others, and how to have integrity in all that I do. The staff, including my therapist and the residential techs, were professional, kind, and full of wisdom. The independent living style of apartment accommodations was very beneficial to the transition into the new life that Decision Point helped me to attain. The alumni program continues to provide me with accountability and friendship. I am overall very grateful and impressed with the program, and would recommend this treatment to anyone looking to change their life.

Great facility.

I'm sad to say this but Decision Point is ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!! My daughter was working the program and doing well, but her insurance wasn't paying. She needed more time!! All of the sudden she was graduating with NO after plan. She even said she wasn't ready but had to go :/ With in 4 days she relapsed and to this day she is filled with shame!! I have no idea where she is! I'm saddened about the turn of events!! I had high hope this was the place that was going to help her get her life back on track. But NO IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY!!!! They don't care about our children. I do hold my daughter accountable for her own actions and am not in denial as she is on the streets somewhere in Prescott living in shame, not knowing what to door where to go. She just wasn't ready....not given any tools on how to get or find a job, NO aftercare plan.....nothing!!

Decision point spares no cost they have numerous group and therapy available, softball team, daily recreation and great staff I am a client and its the best treatment I think I've ever gotten the opportunity to be a part off if your looking for recovery with a light at the end you cannot pass this up.

I have been very satisfied with my overall care up to this point. The program has many things that target the challenges of daily living. The activities and adventures program is something ilove about dp. It not only gets you active but shows you many different ways to enjoy life with others. The staff here also listens and takes action to make a difference.

This place was the support system that I needed in order to find my recovery and live a life that I want to live. Decision Point is named appropriately because it was necessary to make a conscious decision that I wanted to change my life for the better. They gave me the tools I needed to make that happen.

Decision Point saved my life. Best treatment center in Prescott!

Excellent staff and therapists! If you're serious about recovery give them a chance.

The outdoor therapy was outstanding, I would've left and not completed treatment if it wasn't for that. Housing was exceptional.

The therapy and the outdoor activities helped me very much in my recovery process. There was a great sense of commraderie around the houses. Best decision I could've ever made to come to Decision Point and I wouldn't change my decision for the world.

Amazing staff and great programming.

This place is awesome! Fun staff to be around and awesome environment! Top of the line treatment in my opinion!

Great Facility!

Desicion Point helped me get and stay sober. Staff were very caring, overall a good rehab.

I've been to treatment multiple times, and Decision Point's staff set them apart. Their program was really tailored to my needs, and my therapist helped me work through some hard issues with my parents.

Our family could not be more grateful for the care given to our daughter. She's sober for 8 months and her future looks bright. Thank you especially to 3 staff members in particular for taking such good care of our girl.

I attended DPC for 3 months and have almost 4 years of continuous sobriety. DPC gave me the tools and coping skills I needed to have a life I love and can be proud of!

Clean and sober 2 years and counting! It all started at DP.

On behalf of myself and my wife, I want to thank the fine people at Decision Point for the excellent treatment our son received this past Winter. Our family was nearly destroyed by his addiction to methamphetamine and alcohol abuse. The 2-week assessment put us all on the same page and 45 days later we witnessed a transformation. He has a great deal of work to do and is making strides toward getting his life put back together. He's even looking into going back to college. Prayers answered. Thanks again so much. MM

Very friendly and helpful office staff assisted us greatly with making arrangements to admit our son, assuring us that they had the staff and experience to help him with his dual diagnosis of bipolar depression and addiction. Treatment center, however, has no clue how to work with a bipolar patient and our son had a horrible experience here. I would absolutely not recommend sending anyone to this facility as they seem to focus more on collecting your insurance premium and copays than actually treating their patients.

omg it's like a juvenile detention center punishment, negative responses, lack of followup and still never got results of psychological testing which I spent time and money doing outdoor program great and some good staff, two staff members in particular, only 12 step philosophy which I was promised SMART No one could cares about that 2 of the doctors are ok. if your 20 something great place. I hear there has been a house cleaning again. Staff fired and quitting.UGH!!!!

As the CFO for Decision Point since September 2015, I have had the privilege of being part of a massive reboot of a behavioral health system that is now positioned to be the best recovery program in the region. The staff culture has done a 180 degree turnaround to being fully engaged, friendly and happy. We have spared no expense to bring in the best trained and licensed clinicians, nurses, BHT's and leadership. The clients are now seeing structured and treatment-specific programming 7 days per week and our approach to relaps and recovery is nowhere near what it was previously. Any comments related to service prior to our late 2015 changes would not be relevant to Decision Point Center of today.

Wonderful people! This was the place that turned my son's life around. The caring staff and all the different programming kept him busy and happy. I couldn't be happier with Decision Point!

I just recently began working for Decision Point but I have been nothing but impressed with programming that has been put in place for our clients and the passion that our team members have to assist them in their recovery. I've been made aware that the organization has made a lot of changes for the better (renovations, program changes, better staffing, etc) over the last year and I am excited to see what other benefits will be in store for the clients of Decision Point going forward.

I recently completed 90 days of treatment at Decision Point. The staff and techs were very welcoming and supportive from day one through day 90. The facilities we clean and comfortable and the Prescott weather was nicer than I had imagined. I am back to work in my aerospace engineering job and doing really well. I won't say it's a breeze being sober. But if feels wonderful and worth every bit of hard work. I'll be indebted to the fine people at Decision Point for a very long time.

Decision point is a diamond in the rough of the treatment center community. What an incredible staff of people that get involved with every single client to give specialized care and meet peoples specific needs. This place is incredible.

I have only been working here for a few months, but I absolutely love my job. I have worked in many treatment centers over the years and I have to say that this is the best one. The staff here are terrific to work with. I think they have a great program and a lot to offer.

Decision Point couldn't care less if their clients stay sober once kicked out. After 2.5 months of hard work, I was asked to leave for no apparent reason...No one cared to set up any after care follow up or read my relapse prevention plan. 4 of the 5 girls I saw leave have relapsed, and I'm sure the staff is making jokes about them all. Decision Point doesn't have equine therapy, an in house gym, or a nutritionist watching you cook your food. They also keep you at the residence for group therapy, so you feel trapped. I'll stay sober by the grace of God and AA, not due to anything Decision Point did.

The changes in Decision Point Center are significant and positive! I am proud to mwork there! (The CEO) guiding principles say it all: • Provide Age-Appropriate Tracks – Create "communities" of men and women clients of similar age (18-34 and 34+) and life experiences that can be shared for the betterment of each group • Say No to the Status Quo! – Be willing to question everything we know about substance use and addiction treatment and refuse to accept the old norms as the only way forward • Measure Twice, Cut Once – Institute a mandatory 15-Day Comprehensive Assessment so we thoroughly understand each client's unique and complex issues before treatment begins • Empower, Never Punish – Recognize that substance use disorder is a disease not a crime and give our clients the encouragement and guidance they need • Go Further Than 12 Steps – Make available the 12 Steps of A.A., but also provide alternatives to step work for clients wanting a different path • Build a Launch Pad – Develop a program to address Failure-to-Launch issues in young adults and recognize that substance use often goes hand-in-hand with that phenomenon.

Decision Point and their outpatient program, Decision Point Scottsdale, offer a unique, client centered approach. They believe every person is unique do no one treatment plan should be the same. At Decision Point you truly receive individualized care. You're recovery is ultimately your responsibility so with the help of your therapist you create a treatment plan that fits your unique needs. At Decision Point Center and Decision Point Scottsdale, your vote counts, you are the focus of your recovery.

This program was instrumental in saving my son's life. Yes, he had much support from family and friends but this program taught my son how to be honest with himself and others and how to live life without alcohol and drugs. My son is working and doing well and has been drug and alcohol free for 2 years. I am very grateful to Decision Point for what they did for my son.

it's always hard to discern the truth regarding the level of integrity associated with each treatment center in the greater Prescott area. I can say with certainty, the changes that have taken place over the last several months within this organization are profound, not only with respect to the employees but even greater, to the commitment made to EACH individual that walks through the door seeking change. It's refreshing to experience leadership from someone who not only "gets it" but also cares - and this sentiment is carried throughout the organization.

Excellent place to work and we give excellent care to our patients here. Meals and nutrition are excellent

12 step program is the only treatment. Discharge dates are unclear. Counselors lie to clients about what family members say. Family contact with client is extremely limited and no private conversations are allowed. This is an expensive in-house 12 step program with very little psychotherapy. They do some group therapy and EMDR but rely on AA and NA to do a lot of the work. My son is still clean but his marriage is broken, in part because of his forced isolation (he was allowed only 1-2 supervised phone calls per week). They kept saying he was not ready to come home and a 60 day program turned into 8 months.

The treatment team worked with me to help address several problems I had stemming from drug addiction, depression, process addictions, and past physical and sexual abuse. Staff was always helpful and understanding. My experience there has helped change my life in an amazing way. I will forever be grateful for everything they did to help me.

They gave me a second chance at life. I will always be thankful for that. Any program will only work if the person wants it.

I attended decision point in february 2013. I had attended 10 rehabs prior to going through DP, this facility gave me the tools to save me from myself. I was a heroin, meth, benzo and alcoholic of the hopless variety, I lived only to rip myself and those I love apart. My family was planning my funneral and lost hope in me, Christmas eve of 2012, I overdosed in my grandparents bathroom, only to be saved by my father, I woke up to my entire family standing around me in tears. It took me a few months to seek out help, but I found decision point waiting for me with open arms, as soon as I got there I hated it, after a few months I finally let go of wanting to control everything around me. I did not know how to live life and DP taught me how, I didnt know how to be a man and DP taught me how, the house managers, therapists, secretaries, medical staff, admissions and everyone there gave me hope that I deserved a good life and listened with compassion, Each and every single person there makes it there personal mission to save hopeless, broken and drowning alcoholics and addicts just like me! I am forever grateful for this place, my family has there son, brother, uncle, grandson, nephew and cousin back, only because this facility made it there mission to help me. I am a miracle and DP made it possible. I never would have found God, my heart or myself if it was not for DP. Thank you for everything!!! If you are lost like I was, please give this place a try.

They gave me my life back! Clean and sober, I can't say thank you enough!

I went through this program about 3 1/2 years ago and It completely changed my life for the better. When I got there I was completely broken. (mentally/ spiritually) Nobody wanted anything to do with me including family. Everyone thought I was hopeless. People would look at me and say, he could stop if he wanted too. Finally after making my rounds through many treatment centers in the Valley I was referred to Decision Point Center for long term treatment. What I liked most about Decision Point Center was the fact that you could shop for yourself, cook your own food, and take care of yourself. Also going on outdoor trips while in treatment was great (Hiking, Sports). I couldn't thank Decision Point Center enough for showing me a new way to live life. I have not found it necessary to take any mind altering substance since 07/13/12.

I have been an employee of Decision Point for over 5 years. I have seen a lot of changes over the years and couldn't be more happy with the direction that we have currently moved in. Our treatment team is still as passionate and caring as we have always been. Our new CEO has taken our program to an amazing new level in such a short time. You can see the results from the smiles on the clients faces, and the families that have been reconciled. We have brought back equine therapy and multi-day hikes which all clients love! I am proud to be a part of such a unique and special program that helps clients to regain their lives! I would absolutely recommend our program to anyone who is suffering from alcohol or drugs.

I currently work at Decision Point Center, and I constantly get to see the hard work and dedication that the staff put in to see each client succeed. Since working at Decision Point Center a lot of changes have taken place in the last year or so, and I can say that today we have a management staff that truly cares about each individual patient. I myself am in recovery and I couldn't work for a place that I didn't believe in and I know that Decision Point Center is trying to provide quality care for each person that walks through our doors.

Whoa! These old reviews make this place look horrible!! I just graduated recently and while it was challenging it was the best decision I ever made (no pun intended). The new CEO was the man! He would come in regularly and talk to the clients about what we needed/ or wanted to change and the he actually listened. Pretty cool. Anyway, thanks for saving my life decision point!!! I finally feel like a grown ass man. Not a scared teenager living in an adults body.

This place saved my life!!! I had been through multiple programs before I came to Decision Point and none of them were effective. I cant stress how much Decision Point changed my life. They facilitated an environment that made me feel comfortable and because of that I was able work through trauma that I thought would haunt me for the rest of my life. It is because of Decision Point that I can be the son/brother/father that my family always deserved. Thank you for saving my life, you showed me how to live sober!!!

The location was good. However, it was not effective.

Once again, I reach out in year 2015 to warn everyone about decision point! I felt administration was terrible and it was a waste of my money.

One staff member was bad.

I was in this facility with 5 other guys my age. After 7 weeks not only do they tell all the patients the "same advice" did not give me my wife's letters. They thew them away.

Decision Point has changed their name many times. ... Do your research folks, there are better rehabs out there other than this shady place.

What a joke this place is! ... They also told me I should not be in a relationship with my wife and tried to tell me I would be better off single. They did not allow me to buy groceries as often as I needed ...

The 12-step program and group counseling was great. However, I did not enough the isolation from family, counselors lying to clients about updating families, offering nothing but 12 step recovery program, and list services on website that they don't really have like yoga. My son was treated there and was told his counselor had personal conversations with his family each week but it was not true. We had only weekly contact with his counselor listening in on the phone. He was isolated from his loved ones except for one weekend of family counseling. He could talk to only one family member per week in a monitored phone call. By the time he got home, 8 months later, his marriage was broken.

The staff is caring and it is an effective program. They were not good at communication with the family. It was a good experience.

All the counselors are recovering addicts, which was beneficial. However, there is a limited selection of life classes, the psychiatrist only prescribes instead of treats, family visits are discouraged, and the facility relies almost solely on a 12 step program. I expected more mental health treatment and more life education, as their website emphasized these points. My son was allowed one phone call per week with his counselor listening in. ... However, when his insurance ran out they actually paid for the COBRA coverage so he could stay. They taught the same basic four life-skills classes repeatedly. My son has been home almost 3 weeks now and I hope he will stay in recovery and not relapse. They kept him 8 months. They are not very focused on maintaining family relationships during treatment and we still aren't sure his marriage will survive.

The 12-step program was great. However, there are very few classes in how to deal with life. The psychiatrist does not treat but only writes prescriptions. Don't believe everything you see on their website. Talk to recovering patients about their experience. The counselors are all in recovery so that does help a bit.

Dear families who care about their loved ones, please know this rehab is not one to send people you care about to. ... My daughter tried to leave after the 30 day program and they brainwashed her into staying. This place is a joke. It's more a party pad than a rehab.

Do not send anyone you care about here. They are only in it to suck your insurance money out. If you go in for the 30-day program they will brainwash and convince you that you need to stay another 30 days and then another 30 and another 30. ... Look at the reviews on this site. Trust me these people will try to tell you that your child needs to be there months! And the program does not really work.

Do NOT send anyone you love to this place. ... These people do not care about the residents, they care only about their pockets!! It's sickening. I will do everything in my power to warn people about this facility. This is a common occurrence here, I only wish we would have known before sending my brother.

This place is THE WORST! I've never seen anything like it in my life! This place is not a rehab nor is it therapy AT ALL. The therapists are like drill sergeants in a detention camp and clients are constantly being punished. The only thing you will learn from this place is how to write 500 lines. The only thing you'll perfect is your handwriting. ... Oh and it's a minimum of 3 months, but no one "graduates" in that time. Every person was there almost one year. It's all about the $$$$$. In the week I was there, there were 7 girls when I arrived, and within the first week, there were 3 left because 4 walked out including myself. ..." If that. Also beware of their website. It states the insurances they work with. However, they don't accept insurance at all. Be sure to call your insurance company first. Many people trust their word because they say they accept your insurance. ..until you're done with the program or voluntarily leave and come to find out that they don't even accept insurance.

This saddens me to read. I am sorry for your frustrations and less than desirable experience. You will be happy to know that as of 6/1/2015 Decision Point Center has restructured ownership and installed an entirely new leadership team. We are very excited to announce that we have also revamped our programming to reflect a new set of values. We will no longer be a punitive based program (like many programs available today) but instead be a program of respect and client empowerment. Challenging clients thinking, but supporting them in decisions that will help them to build a whole new way of life. I would be very happy to speak with you regarding your experience with the old Decision Point and talk in more depth about our new direction. We welcome feedback as we will continue to remain in a place of constant self-reflection and growth to ensure that experiences like yours are an unfortunate part of our past. With the introduction of new leadership we considered changing the Decision Point name to simply erase reviews like yours from the internet, but decided this would be incongruent with the message we now deliver to our clients. We encourage our clients to not deny or criticize their past, but instead to embrace it in order to benefit and grow from its many lessons. I look forward to speaking with you to learn more about your experience and how we can ensure that no one else will get anything but the best care available. Sincerely, CEO Decision Point Center www.decisionpointcenter.com.

Most of the people I was in treatment with did not benefit whatsoever from the treatment.

The yoga, nutrition and adventure groups rarely happened and they seemed annoyed at me being an atheist...They are 12 step recovery only and are unwilling to look into medication for addiction maintenance

Even though I did not stay sober after leaving DP, I took away life long lessons that I use today. The staff was truly dedicated to all of their clients. Today I use what I learned at DP to stay sober.I think they kept me too long. 7.5 months x $12,500.00

Silver Sands Recovery
  • Accepts Most Insurance
  • 24/7 Supervision and Care
  • Individual and Group Therapy
Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders
  • Uses a variety of treatment modalities to help individuals recover from eating disorders and co-occurring addictions.
  • Specializes in anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, co-occurring addictions and mood/psychiatric disorders
  • Led by three of the nation's leading eating disorders experts, Dena Cabrera, Psy.D., Amelia Davis, M.D, and Nicole Garber, M.D.