Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

950 6th Ave. N, Naples, Florida, 34102

About Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Hazelden helps restore hope, healing, and health to people affected by addiction to alcohol and other drugs. All who seek recovery will find it, and the stigma of addiction will be overcome. Treat the whole person as well as the illness. Treat every person with dignity and respect. Continue a commitment to the Twelve Step fellowship. Be of service. Remain open to innovation.

Residential Alcohol and Drug Treatment

Hazelden's addiction treatment programs are based on years of research and study. Our philosophy is to treat each person who comes to us with respect and dignity while providing a safe place in which to heal. Hazelden in Naples, Florida offers a unique alcohol and drug treatment atmosphere. Our treatment options, community integrated services, and comfortable living environment provide a truly individualized treatment solution based on the client's needs.

Detox Services

If detoxification services are needed, several off-site options are available. Hazelden will coordinate the patient's care and arrange for a safe transfer to our facility in Naples.

• Outpatient Addiction Treatment
  • Specialized Residential & Outpatient Programs for Adults 50+ Years of Age

4/5
    4.3/5
    3.6/5
    3.9/5

• Clay
    They are a joke . I have been in recovery for over 30 years and sent my nephew there. All they care about is the money. We you try to call you get the Minnesota office and they are very rude. My nephew is in hospital down at Naples, Florida and they keep giving him the run around. I would not recommend them to anyone.
    Good family support griups. Recovery oriented.
    Official Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us.

• Lisa
    I was completely mis-led by Hazelden's head office having been told I would be covered by my insurance for an in-patient stay for 28 days. This resonated with me as I knew my company provided excellent 'behavioral health' coverage. Upon arriving, freshly from Detox, I was advised that actually insurance only approves days appx. 5-7 days at a time. While I was frustrated by this, I knew I needed whatever days I could get and I was assured it is most likely I would get covered after my first counselor review was submitted. I never was appointed a counselor. On the 3rd late afternoon/early evening I was advised that my insurance company was not willing to cover any in-patient, only out patient and at that only 2 days!!! I had no choice but to pack up and leave on day 4. This was extremely upsetting as I was still very vulnerable. No support or suggestions were offered. I was handed my bag of medications and sent on my merry way. By the grace of God I did not go to the liquor store but instead went to an AA meeting and have remained sober in the 10 days since. This facility has the patients do more peer support than leadership support. It is indeed the Taj Mahal of treatment centers, but that does not lend itself to improvement of the odds for remaining sober as the sheer results reflect. I am saddened to sad that Hazelden is far from worth the $30,000 it cost to spend the full period there. If you really want a program of recovery, go to David Lawrence Center if you need to be in Naples....
  • Rachal
    My father was admitted here (Naples, FL) for 30 days after a one week required detox at another facility in the area at Hazeldons recommendation. My father was discharged at 30 days with significant miscommunication regarding the day and placed in their extended stay facility without any accountability or supervision. He was encouraged to \"go home and use his tools, because there was nothing left they could teach him and he already knew everything.\" My father was unable to exit the plane home due to his alcohol consumption. He has not stopped drinking since....I was never contacted by the counselor as his only child who is actively involved in his life. I am extremely disappointed in this facility. It is more of a day camp with lodging and not appropriate for any alcoholic who needs time to break patterns or knowledgeable professionals to work through psychological or psychiatric concerns.
  • VR
    This place is a total joke. My ex-husband stayed there and had his car his laptop and his phone. It is nothing like Hazelden in Minnesota.
    Follow up aftercare was great. Good facility
    The personel ai the clinic are very fair, understanding and well trained. The food is pretty good. The price was just about the only weakness. The facility perfectly located, the faculty really cares, they go that extra mile to help you maitain sobriety even after release
  • Jennifer
    Strengths: counseling, neuroscience education. every aspect of my treatment at Hazelden was amazing.
  • GT
    Excellent recovery program! The people involved were a strength of the facility.
    They don\'t have a detox so if you\'re detoxing from something like suboxone or methadone (which are very long detoxes) you may want to consider a different facility. You are responsible for cooking and cleaning and they send you off campus alone in a cab to see a doctor. Oh yeah, that's because there's no doctor on staff. But the nurses were great. I went to Hazelden MN and thought the Naples location would be similar, but it\'s not even close. You have 3 groups per day plus a morning \"meditation.\" Even the groups with a counselor are stil led by the patients. I\'m sure if I hadn\'t been in withdrawal the entire time I would\'ve had a much better experience. You need to be able to function normally. The facility is similar to extended care programs but not a good fit if you\'ve been on opiate replacement drugs.
    It was cool. I greatly enjoyed the facility.
  • DA
    The therapists were wonderful. It was a clean and well-maintained location - totally exceeded my expectations. There was never a time I didn't receive the help and counseling I needed. Everyone on staff was in recovery and could relate to what I was going through and was very supportive and helpful. The therapists are wonderful. They allowed us to cook for ourselves and would go buy the groceries we requested. It's a beautiful location, very conducive to recovery with gorgeous beaches nearby. They also allowed us to use our cell phones, which not many other treatment centers would allow for when I was looking. The only real problem I had with this experience was that they sent me to see a psychiatrist who was not covered by my health insurance and I had to pay $300 out of pocket when they could have spent a little time researching and found a psychiatrist I could have seen without having to pay this additional expense.
  • HW
    This program allows a lot of freedom with structure. You have to want to be sober for this program to work. It is a very unique place.
  • KS
    Entered rehab before my drinking became totally out of control. Entered very scared. Staff most gracious and professional.
  • anonymous
    Would recommend to a friend.
  • Michael
    This is a 12-Step Program. It is a "CO-ED" facility. Meaning men and women attend the meetings together yet live in separate condo\'s. You are forbidden to fraternize. You are under 24hr video surveillance. The treatment is 90% peer driven. Meaning your fellow rehab attendees help you in analyzing your disease. People are constantly entering and leaving the program. If you are ready to quit using Alcohol or Drugs this facility is the least restrictive yet regimented program available. After your cleared medically you can use the 1st class Gym facilities one block away at Naples Community Hospital. I highly recommend "detoxing" before you show up to Hazelden. You may need a doctors assistance! Please tell your doctor the truth about your useage. I give Hazelden a B rating because of the amount of relapse I have heard from fellow attendees. So far I am 56 days sober after 40 years of useage. Nice accommodations! You will have roommates. You prepare your own food.