Holly Hill Hospital in Raleigh, NC

3019 Falstaff Road
Raleigh NC 27610

Holly Hill Hospital Philosophy

Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, Holy Hill has been providing quality mental health and substance abuse treatment for more than 35 years. The facility offers programs for adults, adolescents and children, and is committed to improving the quality of life for each and every client that walks through the door. Addiction treatment combines traditional group therapy with 12-Step facilitation and peer-to-peer support.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Planning for Success

Crisis Management Skills

Relaxation Therapy

Thomas Cornwall, MD

Medical Director and Clinical Director for Child Services

Jessica Lincoln, LCSW

Director of Clinical Services

ABOUT HOLLY HILL HOSPITAL

Located four miles east of downtown Raleigh, N.C., Holly Hill is a behavioral health hospital that treats a range of mental health disorders, including substance use disorder and co-occurring disorders. The facility offers both inpatient and outpatient programs for adults and adolescents, as well as medically managed detox services for adults. In 2017, 31 percent of hospital-based inpatient treatment facilities in North Carolina (just 6.6 percent) provided medical detox.

Holly Hill views addiction as a treatable medical illness, and all programming is firmly rooted in the 12-Steps. Inpatient treatment is short-term and typically lasts 28 days. Programming uses cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) alongside contingency management, motivational interviewing, family participation, and 12-step work. Medication management may also be available to those struggling with co-occurring mental health concerns.

A partial hospitalization program (PHP) for adults follows the Matrix Model and typically lasts four to five weeks. There are also specialized programs for clients over the age of 61 (a specialization available in 19.5 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities in North Carolina) and adolescents (a service available in 26.1 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities in the state).

According to the Holy Hill's website, the treatment team includes psychiatrists, physicians, registered nurses, mental health technicians, social workers, therapists, and recreation therapists. To date, the 15 individuals specifically surveyed about Holy Hill's staff gave offered moderately positive ratings.

Staff Experience and Training: 3.3/5

While there is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its living arrangements and related offerings, the 14 individuals surveyed to date about the facility's overall upkeep offered mixed ratings.

Facility Cleanliness and Upkeep: 3.3/5

The majority of former clients surveyed by Rehabs.com to date (41 out of 49) gave Holy Hill negative feedback. The most common complaints included disorganized billing procedures, apathetic and inexperienced staff, and a lack of therapy time. "Therapy sessions were lead my techs not nurses or doctors," Stephanie wrote in a representative review. "Often sessions were never planned or even held because techs were too busy."

Former clients also complained about low quality food and dirty, run-down facilities. "The room and hallways were filthy. No attention to cleanliness, which was very odd for a hospital," an anonymous alum wrote in a representative review. Overall, the five alumni polled extensively offered middling ratings for the facility's counseling options, level of family participation, and likelihood they'd recommend the facility to others.

Likelihood to Recommend: 3.2/5
Counseling Options: 3/5
Family Participation: 3/5

Holy Hill also received mostly negative feedback on secondary sites, earning average ratings of 1.9 out of five stars based on 43 Google reviews[1] and a 2.9 out of five rating based on the opinions of 58 people on Facebook, which the facility may manage[2]. It also received three one-star reviews on Yelp.[3] "Doctors and staff did not listen, did not care. I can honestly say I came out feeling considerably worse than when I went in," wrote Carlton in a representative review on Google.

Of the 17 loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date, 12 gave Holy Hill negative feedback, and five gave the facility positive feedback. Respondents who reported positive experiences described the hospital as helpful and effective, if a bit under-funded and understaffed. "They were able to answer my questions and my familys they were able to help with my sons problem," an anonymous parent wrote in a review representative of positive feedback. "Just a few more people on staff needed."

Unhappy family members, on the other hand, complained about issues including ill-tempered and unresponsive staff, little to no therapy, frustrating billing procedures, and a lack of support services. "What a horrible place to take your child. I highly disrecommend it," an anonymous parent wrote in a review representative of negative feedback. "There is zero support and no adults or staff able to assist you with your needs."

Overall, the 10 loved ones polled extensively by Rehabs.com offered average or below-average ratings for the level of family participation, visitor policies, and holistic offerings.

Family Participation: 2.9/5
Connectivity & Visitor Policy: 2.8/5
Holistic Offerings: 2/5

Holy Hill accepts some private insurance plans and TriCare. It also takes Medicare, which is accepted by 43.6 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities in North Carolina. To date, the 15 individuals polled by Rehabs.com on the matter gave average ratings concerning the cost of treatment.

Affordability: 3/5

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/HollyHillHospital/reviews/?ref=pageinternal [3] https://www.facebook.com/pg/HollyHillHospital/reviews/?ref=pageinternal

Published on February 2019

Wish I could give a negative number of treatment effectiveness. Therapy sessions were lead my techs not nurses or doctors. Often sessions were never planned or even held because techs were too busy. I was in their new building but was shocked to find bugs in my room. Room floors were never mopped while I was there. Only hallways.

This place is a joke. My daughter was placed here for a week. We tried getting the help she needed and every time we contacted this place, we could never get through. But when it came down to having her discharged and they told us to come pick her they demanded payment right there. We tried calling and calling when she was first placed to talk to someone about payments and no one ever called us. Horrible service.

The psychiatrist is a joke and treatment is ineffective.

Worst hospital ever! My family member was ivc a few times and each visit was worst than the last. Every time, she came out worse than when she went in. Staff is rude. I can only imagined that the MDs graduated at the bottom of their class and couldn’t get a job anywhere else. Bottom line... stay away!

The check in procedure is horrible! When I had a meltdown because of it they didn't even notice. No one ever came back to check on me. The staff was very unprofessional.

Staff was great during the stay. Drs and counselors were very good and helpful. Now a month later, I received a bill in the mail that I did not expect - when I called the billing dept. they were rude and snippy and said either i pay or it goes to collections. I hadn't even got a detail of charges and what my insurance was paying. This factor of the stay needs to be corrected. The way the billing clerk spoke to me was abuse of a mentally ill person. This incident spoiled my opinion of the organization.

They just warehoused my son for a week

Disorganized.. No groups just fill out paper so their supervisor OK..everything runs late most time they skip it..was there 7 days 4 incidents they lock their self in a med room while pt treating it up and making our axciety go sky high if the same Peron went off 3 times in 2 days walls patched locks broke..employees scared should of been they need security the ones that do work need assistance.. Short staffed learn more from ur peers ask any in the the first day it opened.. Not good.I'm writing letters and pray for the ones whose paths lead them that way..talk to ur family find a helpful place. You will stay there 7 days insurance purposes and will come out scared for like

Horrible place. We were basically just locked in the day room all day, almost never did any actual therapy. Food was bad, and no accommodations for those with eating disorders (which they claim to treat) I feel worse than when I got there. Nothing was ever addressed, staff was rude, Doctor was extremely rude and condescending, and I could not see my sister at all while I was in there. Do not send your child here.

The geriatric ward is a mess, and should lose accreditation. and Doctor is a horrrible psychiatrist. Only people who are locked in and can not run away are his patients. Shame on all of you

I was just released, after 8 days, from Holy Hell for an attempted suicide. First, I had to wait 3 hours in admissions before anyone talked to me. When I finally got to 2West, it was after supper. No one even offered me a snack or a meal. Luckily, my roommate had a hoard of food and she allowed me to share. Speaking of roommates, mine was very explicit. However, all the beds were full and I could not get another room in spite of my discomfort. My room was disgusting. No one cleaned the room in the 8 days I was there. Someone’s old nicotine patch was still stuck to the shower was although I made multiple complaints. The best part about my room was the distinct smell of sewer gas that permeated the hallways and day room on warm days. However, I’m pretty lucky!!! The room next door had bed bugs. Three patients in that room complained about the bed bugs before they sent an exterminator. My psychiatrist, What a joke!! I asked about discharge plans and he yelled at me that he was not going to ‘negotiate on the length of my stay.’ When I pressed him more, he walked out of our session, screaming down the hallways that he wouldn’t negotiate with me. So much for doctor/patient confidentiality. After that, I called the administrator. They sent a nurse to talk to me but nothing was done. There were two fights on my unit while I was there. We were on lock down from the cafeteria due to another unit’s behavior. We were locked out of our rooms for up to 18 hours per day. You couldn’t even go in to use your own bathroom. The ward had 2 public restrooms for 25 people. One was locked and, if the nurse felt you hadn’t asked nicely enough, you weren’t allowed in the locked bathroom. The other public bathroom was far too public. The door didn’t shut all the way prompting the ladies to go in pairs whenever possible. Patients often cleaned up after the housekeeping staff left. We took turns sweeping the day room and the phone room. We cleaned up the trash in both rooms, as well. The schedule for each days events was a joke too. It looked nice on paper but, other that meal times, it was rarely followed. The nursing staff was rude, overworked, and overwhelmed.Never, at any time, did I feel like I could talk to nursing staff about how I was feeling or what I needed. For example, I didn’t discover until my discharge the hospital had given my the wrong antidepressant. Another example, on day 7 they told me I had to transfer to another unit. I threw a fit!! They finally told me I could stay in a vacant bed IF I exchanged the mattresses from my bed to the new bed. Not one nurse offered to help me move the mattresses. The reason I had to move the mattresses is because the didn’t want to wait for housekeeping. The truth came out the next day. Holy Hell is a dump!! The food sucks! I am worse off, emotionally than before I became inpatient.

Stayed for 8 days in 2017 for suicide and self-harm. The entire time was spent in the "group" room, coloring and being judged by the staff. Got to meet with the staff doctor 3 times only, and each of those visits was no longer than 3 or 4 minutes. I saw 2 men get violent at different times during my stay, and staff was slow to intervene....almost like they were afraid. I have PTSD and that was terrifying. They medicate you and place you in the group room and that's it. They charge $1800 after insurance, to put you in a room all day? You are not allowed to sleep in or visit your room during the day, and are forced to share a very unsanitary bathroom with all other patients in your wing. The food was horrid, and never what they said it was going to be on the menu. You're given work books to fill out, and a daily agenda to follow, but your work book is never checked and 99% of the time, the agenda was not followed. Met some nice staff, and got along with most of the patients, but this was one of the worst experiences of my life, when it should have been one of the most helpful. This place needs to be closed down. HORRIBLE.

I was in holly hills getting treatment it was OK. Staff was laying as hell. Food Bad . Doctor were bad dont care. O and my aunt suitcase was stolen by one of the staff members. Because there keep it locked up. When I left I bitch out the staff about it. It you want to be stolen from go there for. Never again will I.

This was a very poor treatment center. Our child was here for 5 weeks after a suicide attempt. There was a possibility that he had a psychosis from Adderall. The first night they gave him Adderall and did not give him his thyroid medication. I was told they would put him on three different medications, but it ended up being two and I was never told otherwise. Another time, they gave him an anti-psychotic due to his agitated state but failed to call me and inform me that they medicated him or that he had injured himself. Neither was in his file so they swore they did not give him medication but my very bright child knew the name and description so I believe they did. BTW, he was agitated because he was not allowed to go to movie night because he did not particpate in "art therapy" (coloring) earlier in the day and that was "the rule." I asked if he was informed of this rule. He had not been. So they are isolating an austistic child with social anxiety for not following a rule that he was not made aware of -not to mention he hates coloring and doesn't find it "theraputic". I myself, find coloring more stressful than theraputic. It should not be forced on people because some people like it. We asked for tests that were not done. He was MISdiagnosed after one meeting with the doctor. It was never updated and no tests were ever done. We had to call several days in a row to get anyone to call us back and the longer he was there, the longer it took to get a response. They felt that his being on restriction for suicidal comments was not something that parents needed to know. They said that him not taking his medicine was something that we needed to know. He self-harmed and I was told it was a Jenga Block. I found out it was a chicken bone from dinner. His report was never updated. The report the next hospital got was it was a jenga block. They have blanket rules like "no contact with friends" so someone who is suffering from socially anxiety is cut off from his few friends because it would be bad for the drug addict to have access to his suppliers. You can allow toxic family members to come but a good supportive friend is forbidden. Therapy was a joke. There is no individual therapy, only group and it is "what do you want to talk about today." and since the average patient stay is short, it is usually about friends. This is not good for the long term patient. This place is only suitable for a 72-hour hold to stabilize a patient. There is an extreme lack of communication, lack of care and insight, and blanket rules even if they are detrimental to the person being treated.

What a horrible place to take your child. I highly disrecommend it. They make you feel absolutely terrible about yourselfl. There is zero support and no adults or staff able to assist you with your needs. If you think going to jail is bad, try this. Please don’t send your kid here if anywhere, definitely not here. God bless your children and be safe.

This place is a hell hole I would Not recommend it To anyone

Holly hill is NOT the place to get help in North Carolina . They do not take the adolescent patients seriously and lock them in a room all day. The people working are NOT qualified by any means and do not know the proper way to care and treat patients. I speak from experience this place was no help to me.

This was one of the worst experiences of my life. I came for a total of seven days and of these seven days, i spent six crying in the corner. No matter what i do the taste remains in my mouth. This place has scared my mind and my mouth in such a way that is unimaginable. There is no recovering from this. If you have a loved one that you beleive is in need of help please do not send them here. Thank you for considering what i had to say.

I was recently discharged from this hospital. Very bad experience. You only meet with your doctor once a day for 10 minutes at the most. Doctors do not spend much time at all and easily misdiagnose you and go straight to medicating you. The therapist there constantly has a nasty attitude toward the patients which makes your experience even worse. As far as staff goes, awful. Very understaffed and many many "techs", as they call them, tell all of us they are just there to get their paycheck. Techs are people that are almost like counselors at the YMCA. They run your everyday groups and watch you throughout the day. They all have nasty attitudes and they never follow the schedule. We would go somedays where we did nothing but sit around and watch tv or talk. Group therapies were more often not done. I do have one person that made my experience 100 times better. She is a young tech there and she held group therapies and she was like a breath of fresh air while staying there. She cared and helped more than even my own therapist did. She stuck to the schedule and took us outside and really was there for the patients not the paycheck. Overall my time there was awful and I would never advise anyone to go there if they are truly looking for clarity and help.

Always unstaffed patients are not receiving quality care. Show major favoritism. Staff member left keys on desk and patient took them and escaped with is grounds for immediate termination employee was not let go another employee had a physical confrontation with a patient she was also not reprimanded but another employee who had personal issues that was brought up to supervisors was let go.

I Just came out of of HH yesterday, 11/15/17. WORST 7 DAYS OF MY LIFE.

This placr is awful. There is absolutely no compassion. I believe that people do not get the care that they beed nor do they go by the schedule as far as classes available. Very very disappointed.

We picked up our son yesterday and his comments on his experience at the holly hill children's hospital west wing. We got to watch movies and tv all day. We got dessert with every meal, we had arts and crafts, and plenty of free time to whatever we wanted. We gave him books to read and his school workbook, our son told us a boy ripped up all his books and staff did nothing. A boy hit my son, staff allowed it to happen and eventually sedated the boy and did nothing for my son. He came home with dirty clothes, all his books ripped up, he came home with 2 pills in a bottle that we took to the hospital. The hospital has meds and they should have used their meds not the ones we paid for to treat my sons ADHD. The staff looks lazy, playing on phones, unorganized enviroment, and they didnt have the proper paperwk for my son to be discharged. They were sitting around talking about their personal lives and 1 was sleeping next to my son, she was an RN. My son didnt have groups sessions, he was not told to work on anything the hospital gave him, he did what he wanted and now we have him and having the same issues we had the day we took him. Tell me how is this helping children by letting them do what they want? you need to have healthy meals and healthy snacks, exercise and free time outside, get rid of your tvs, and video games, have more group time, have kids take responsibility for their behavior, have them do the school work we provide so they wont get behind, have familu sessions, stop drugging kids up and help them work on issues, and hire staff who want to help these kids and who will hold them accountable for their actions. Stop allowing them to come and play for 10 days because you're to lazy to do your job! The state needs to clean this place up and make changes. You should make sure the kids and their belongings are safe at all times not just when its convenient for you. Do your job and treat the behaviors, stop putting a bandade over the issues by drugging children up, and change your program so kids will not want to go back to your hospital. Stop sugar coating and blaming parents, trauma, etc and make kids take responsibility for their actions.

It is a terrible place, I was there 7 days. There was no such thing as help. The place was never clean. The food my dog would not eat. Please don't send a loved one the. It needs to be shut down. The worse days of my life.

Had scheduled appt at 11 am on 9/2/17. Arrived at 10:50 am. Receptionist was nice. After sitting in waiting room for 1.5hrs without anyone from hospital staff speaking to me. There were a total of 3 other patients in waiting room. During my wait only 2 patients were called back. This was the most insensitive and waste of time for me and my family. This facility is yet another embarrassment to our healthcare system. Shame on Holly Hill and the so called professional staff. Do not waste your time! There needs to be a clearing out of current staff or major training on customer relations and sensitivity to the task at hand. Find a new supervisor and nurses for starters. Between food,gossip, and cell phones, staff doesn't have time for patients. Bet they still get paid!!

Instead of focusing on my treatment these people focused on my phone. They told me i couldnt use my phone at home until they thought i was ready instead of focusing on my anxiety and depression. They did completely nothing for my treatment and moved their focus on my phone and didnt even keep my information confidential. After i told the therapist skmething private that i wanted to be confidential (it had nothing to do with me harming myself or anything) she told my parents. The techs are not trained enough and the nurses didnt care about anything other than their paychecks and coming to this disgusting hoslital would only make you worse. The techs swear, use harsh language and i dont recommend this place for your children. Please pick another hospital and for the sake of your child do research before sending them anywhere

Coming here was my biggest regret. Everyone wonders why people don't seek for help; places like Holly Hill are why. I came in with self inflicted wounds and asked for something to cover/treat them with while i was being admitted and they told me the wounds "weren't bad enough". I spoke to one therapist and then they just slapped a hospital bracelet on my wrist and sent me upstairs. No one told me my treatment plan or anything. I felt so unsafe in my wing. I am a very young girl and there were only men in my wing. I didn't eat the entire time I was here. I did not want to go to the cafeteria so they stopped bringing me meals to my room. I waited by the nurses counter for 20 minutes before the male nurse even looked at me just so i could get a cup for water. he never gave me one. I went to my room and started crying and they immediately sedated me. I begged them to let me go. When I told the nurse I wanted to leave, she laughed at me. I never met my doctor ONCE. I talked them into letting me speak to someone about leaving. I spoke to one doctor and he was very condescending. He asked me how my stay was at the "looney bin" and rolled his eyes at me many times and made fun of me for crying. Coming here is my biggest mistake. Because of my outrageous hospital bill, I cannot afford to see my regular therapist or psychiatrist. They did absolutely nothing for me. Just left me to rot in my room. If you love someone, you would NOT send them here.

I got off all my meds here effectively and then went out west to Cali and they put me on meds and I'm now tapering off. Holly Hill was better than of the most expensive facilities. I've been to the best of facilities out in Cali and this will always have my heart. This is where I made the truest friends.

why are the people who reside here are on so many instutiors and im having problems with one of them they keep making me wanna leave.

The room and hallways were filthy. No attention to cleanliness, which was very odd for a hospital. The staff was mostly pleasant. The billing was sloppy. I paid my bill in a very efficient manner following my stay and the hospital cashed the check, yet they continued to bill me and harass me. I had a copy of the check that they deposited. Very sloppy bookkeeping on their end and it cost me a lot of time trying to resolve this.

i have been sent here for "self harm" according to my psychologist (which i was in 4th grade and i was tapping a book against my head). upon entering there were multiple people smoking in the reception office once i got my "room" i was locked in for an hour. when i was let out i was allowed to socialize with the other boys. in the middle of the night i was woke up by someone threatening to sue so i opened my door and saw 2 men forcing her onto the floor and a women sedated her they saw me looking and the woman shut my door and locked it for the night. i wake up at about 8:30 to more screaming by the same girl saying "as soon as i get out i'm going to sue every last" which she was cut off by a man putting his hand over her mouth and sedating her again then dragging her into a white tiled room with nothing but a drain in the floor. about an hour later every one gets up and starts walking to the locked door separating us from the other rooms so i got up and went with them and i get pushed into the boys common area by a large man then he said "no leaving the wing the first 2 days" about 10 minutes later they bring in a tray of cold food that was clearly days old so i passed on eating so they came in and said "eat or you wont eat until tomorrow" so i ate. i woke up that night and asked for another blanket because i was cold (it was in December) they said "why should you get one your no better than the others" then they sent me to my room. the next day was pretty much the same including the screaming girl which i found out her name Sarah. the third day i was brought to the "cafeteria" which had over 200 other kids 6-18. the food in there was acceptable (and heated) i was forced to sit with 3 kids from my wing and 12 others (16 at the table) one on the other kids spilled his water and it got on the kids tray and there pants there response was to flip there tray and start a fight with the kid (who was 9 and had autism) the kid had a broken nose and the kid who started the fight was sedated and carried off to another location. the next 2 days were just like the last expect sarah was gone and there was no fight at the cafeteria.

I can't put into words the passion with which I hate this place. You're going to involuntarily commit me to a hospital and then charge me over $1500, after my insurance picked up 80% (Yeah, do the math. It's expensive.) This wasn't a helpful experience for me and all it did was put me further in debt, made me fall behind academically, and triggered paranoia in me from the constant checks where they observe everything from your facial expression to your body movements. Put someone you love in an institution like this will NOT fix anything, it will only cause their problems to grow. I've been out of the hospital for two weeks now and they just called to inform me I have to pay my entire bill by the end of the week or it's sent to collections, OR set up a 5 month payment plan, paying $250 at a time. As a broke college student with no family members to help carry the financial burden- two of the reasons I ended up in this godforsaken facility, I might add- I feel myself starting to spiral again. So no, I don't think Holly Hill is dedicated to helping it's patients. It's only interest is financial.

The meals are not age appropriate for the children and the company contracted to provide food services cuts corners and provides substandard service and poor quality food.

they all lie this place isnt as good as they make it seem

I was admitted to this facility after I had left the hospital. I would not recommend this hospital to anybody. It's extremely unsafe- and the staff is a split of caring, and staff who could care less what happens to you; you're seen as another crazy patient in their eyes. I was on the detox floor, even though that was not what I was there for. And the doctors are careless with medication... I don't recommend this facility to anyone. Detoxing or for mental health. I have PTSD and this hospital did nothing for therapeutic purposes, are careless with medications, and will leave you feeling uncomfortable, and scared for your own safety. Stay away from this hospital if you can help it- this isn't the place to get REAL help.

We took our son to the children's hospital this week. The service from staff was exemplary. They were patient with my questions and were friendly. However, the entertainment in the waiting room seemed very inappropriate for general public viewing, and especially inappropriate for children. The TV was tuned to adult programming including robot chicken, American Dad, Family Guy, etc. which included nude images and crude language that is not suitable for those under 18. It made me uncomfortable. I understand that this channel was staff-chosen, but more discretion should be used in common areas. Remember, this is the public's very first impression of your hospital. It does make me wonder what the children are exposed to during their treatment. I would hope for more respectful, "G-rated" programming and entertainment your waiting rooms. Perhaps an educational programming or even news channel would be a good option. Note: We have not had the chance to visit yet and do not have a feel for the actual program outside of the admissions/waiting area.

I spent a full week in Holly Hill in early November 2016. The mental health techicians were generally mean, short, and not understanding of those in the facility. The food was absolutely awful. The environment was that of what I would describe a prison. Your room doors were locked most of the day. You had to ask for everything. I could not have a hard cover book until I got permission from the psychiatrist. There are a calendar of events for each day, but this is generally not followed at all. The majority of each day was spent "killing time" in the group room. Most people colored..I did Sudoku from the newspaper. There is only 1 hour of therapy each day by a licenced therapist. That is only 5 hours each week.This is a facility to detox and wast time each week, not to get help and thereapy. The best analogy I can come up with is that this facility is like an airport. It is a place you come to in order to get to your true destination for care, therapy, and help.

This establishment is a revolving door for insurance money, beware! So many people I met there told me that they stayed just till insurance days were used up then were booted out.... I checked in of my own accord, couldn't get out without family intervention to release me, and that was not what I was assured upon admittance. This facility really scares me, they are not advocates for the patients. And the doctor that "treated" me was incredibly incompetent and unkind.

Great experience for our Autistic son. We visited our Son every other day. (he was there for a while). We never witnessed staff treating the kids with disrespect. Which made us feel better. One guy on North Unit deserves a Gold Star. He was wonderful! 4 other staff members were also great. Really everyone there was so nice. Very refreshing as our boy has had multiple inpatient stays. The doctor deserves a round of applause. He was very open to listening. As we had major concerns about our son's medication management. Thanks to two female staff members for always having such a warm smile!

Returned to a different hospital after spending two weeks here. Treatment was not effective, it was actually quite traumatizing. Accommodations and amenities were unsatisfactory. Meals and nutrition were terrible, caused the whole unit to become sick to their stomach.

I was transferred from a local hospital to Holly Hill where I stayed in the adolescent unit for a week. I have been to many different behavioral health units/ psychiatric care units and I feel that Holly Hill was one of the best. During groups we had REAL discussions and they helped us a lot. Some of the staff was a bit rude to the patients but most were nice. I liked that we did different things. Some hospitals I've been to we just sat in a room all day and talked and colored. At Holly Hill we were able to do more. I also loved that we were able to go outside. That was really nice.

Holly Hills Hospital NC is a MESS. The staff do not care about patients, loved ones, or even those simply seeking help and advice. ...Dietary needs were not met nor inquired for and met; the patient was forced to wait alone away from loved ones even after expressing wishes for loved ones to accompany them and all of this whilst NOT an inpatient. Intrinsic bathroom needs were not met, and the patient scared into staying in the same room for several hours without bathroom breaks or offer of nourishment nor water....Ultimately, patients are being failed by sloppy and uncaring staff and causing undue duress and distress.

My son was involuntary committed and put under the care of the doctor, who should have been retired long ago. First time I saw him I thought he was one of the patients. When my wife tried speaking with him he ended up screaming at her. He did not help my son, and only tried to extend his stay, so that the hospital could make money. The administration was terrible, you cannot call them, only leave emails and voice messages which they respond to when they feel like it. Stay away from this place.

Due to personal reasons, my wife was admitted to this hospital recently. To start with, the staff was very rude. Especially the weekend staff, they were the worst. Staff members were very short and seemed very controlling to the point she was uncomfortable staying there. To add to the uncomfort, she was not allowed to shut her door at anytime even at night. This was very upsetting to me ... While they were not supposed to be in other rooms, there wasn't much to stop them. My wife had multiple "groups" during the day in which she was supposed to be getting help when in reality she usually didn't do much. Other than these groups, she just sat around and read whatever books they allowed her access too. On the rare occasion she actually got to speak to an actual doctor, she had 1-2 minutes ...She received very little help. We had a co-pay before they allowed her to leave. We were told she could set up finance to pay what was left after insurance took over. Shortly after she was released, the hospital took about 4500$ out of her account without her permission. The hospital never asked, or said anything, we never knew until her card was declined. We have spent the last 3 weeks getting the run around from this "business" about getting her money back. Being told they were sending a check and then telling us they never sent one. Now that they have actually sent one, the bank has said the check isn't good. I don't know what kind of business HollyHill is trying to run, but it has been nothing short or crooked and some of the worst service Iv seen. I would not trust anyone of my family or friends to receive any help from this "hospital"

worst time of my life and didnt really help me in the end

I am a survivor with your excellent service god bless you and god bless america. my name means survivor. good health and enjoying my time

Lots of counselor Not a lot of activities. Visitation rules are strick Good treatment

I had a meltdown one morning in January 2016. I called 911, and being rather new to the area, I just told them to take me somewhere where I could get help. They took me to Holly Hills. Yes, it did,seem the assessment and admission process was long, especially in my breakdown,drunken condition. I did think I would be out in 3 days, since I came voluntarily, but after the 3 days I was told that would not be the case. I really wasn't ready to go home, but I was concerned that my sister was coming from Ohio, and there has been no one to look after my cats until she came. The folks at the desk werehelpful in letting me make numerous phone calls. I have been treated for depression for 38 years, I was started on anti-depressants 21 years ago.... When I had my first intense session with Dr. , he explained that after so many years, the meds can be ineffective. He diagnosed me with more of a type of bipolar disorder, and started me on a new type of med. For the whole experience, The Dr., was one of the best therapists I have ever had. He listened attentively, made me dig deep into my life, and the 'homework' he gave me helped me greatly in learning more about myself. I only wish I could see him on a regular basis. I thought the food was very good, with a nice variety. The therapists that ran our classes were excellent in getting everyone involved. Fun time was great. We had some great AA meetings in the evenings. Yes, there were a number of 'dead' times, where some did color, watch TV, or whatever to pass the time. BUT it was also a time for us to get to know each other, and talk to each other outside of a structured class or meeting. This allowed us to make friends. I guess I was fortunate enough to have been with a great group of patients! My complaints are mainly about some of the staff. You could be standing at the desk, and some would be talking to each other and totally ignore you. And there was a lot of LOUD talking, laughing, and door slamming all night. Most of the staff were great, but a few bad eggs. All in all, going there at that critical time, was the best thing I did.

Please find somewhere else!!! Holly Hill didn't help me whatsoever, and I (after two years) am still struggling. The nurses were snappy and overworked, the doctors too quick to diagnose. Toilets were out of order for days, and the showers have hardly lukewarm water. Most the food was stale and dry, hardly edible. The only good thing about this place? Sometimes- very rarely- there's cake.

EXTREMLEY dissapointed in the care give at holly hill, the place was a wreck and the "doctors" were a joke definitely not a good place to get sober if anything I am 100% worse than before I came to holly hill I do not recommend this dumb hole of a place.

This place was awful. My room had crusted vomit on the floor, the toilet was out of order for nearly three days and the main areas were shabby at best. Many of the nurses were rude and overworked, though the exceptions were remarkable people. The doctor was quick to diagnose. The group therapy sessions were often triggering for many of the patients with anxiety issues and made no particular sense.

I stayed in this facility for 7 days in the one of the adolescent units. These were packed and during the day we were divided by our sex despite our genders (would not recommend to anyone of LGBT+ orientation). Staff were inattentive and rude. They were not accommodating to our individual needs... I felt extremely unsafe in this hospital, being in the middle of several violent and dangerous fights. I was misdiagnosed while here and was treated as if I were incapable of feeling emotion. The treatment and help I received was so bad. Please do NOT go here.

I found the nursing staff apathetic at best. In my 5 days in "treatment", I spent a total of 3 minutes talking with the doctor prescribing my medication. Group therapy was run by an intern, and our free time consisted of loud TVs blaring and coloring. It was as if the patients were in a preschool. Little to no privacy was allowed, and patients were "checked on" every :15 minutes the entire night while trying to sleep. NOT ever a place I would recommend to those dealing with depression or anxiety. Voluntary admission to this facility was the biggest mistake of my life.

Kept everything in order. Could have better food. My experience was well needed and directed me into the path I am now, the staff was very easy to get along with .

friendly, good treatment, lots of resources, caring.Need coffee, better food. This place helped me through a rough time and I am grateful for the resources they provided me with.

Well maintained facility inside and outside Well trained staff Good therapy programs. Under staffed. Not enough seating in the visitation area. The age groups need to be adjusted. Over all it was a really nice facility very clean and well maintained but it took almost 5 hour to get the person admitted. It really wasn't the staffs fault the nurses and admitting staff were doing everything the could but there just wasn't enough of them. The persons main complaint was they were grouped with nobody close to their age. They were 8 years older than the next person who was 7

Staff meetings were rude.

They had good structure. They made my time there very pleasant.

Mental Health is a priority. Do not keep long enough to really treat the problem. The one who was admitted was discharged too soon. Shortly after discharge, they committed suicide as the answer to the addiction and problems.

It's a racket

Well trained staff, excellent food; top notch security. Discharges too early but in many cases due to insurance limitations. My son was involuntarily commited. I cannot reccomend the adolescent ward at all, however the adult ward was outstanding. This past time he was there, he was in the adult section and got the proper diagnosis as well as the correct medication.

They were able to answer my questions and my familys they were able to help with my sons problem. Just a few more people on staff needed. They help you work through your issues. What ever you were running from when you began using. You have to deal with your demons our your pain make peace with it and let it go. Nothing in life is worth and addiction.

It could be good but a serious overhaul is desperately needed. Food was good but the counseling was bad.

Staff is good. Facility is shabby.

I was extremely nervous about entering the facility, but the aides were very welcoming & encouraging. I felt comfortable sharing private, personal experiences.

I would not go to this facility for depression. I feel the best treatment is private one on one counseling. It was too expensive for the counseling and the short stay, that I was there.

It didn't work. Would not recommend it.