Landmark Recovery

4112 Fern Valley Rd., Louisville, Kentucky, 40219

3.9

About Landmark Recovery

Landmark Recovery exists to assist each patient in the development of a lifestyle that is permanently free from all mind and mood altering substances and that promotes the patient’s well-being across mind, body, and spirit. We strive to achieve this vision by building strong, ethically-grounded relationships between each employee and each patient. These relationships outlast the treatment program and continue to serve the patient as long as necessary post-discharge.

Our corporate values are:

PEOPLE: While recognizing the importance of delivering a return on investment to shareholders, Landmark holds that it is never acceptable to compromise its moral and/or ethical responsibility to meet the needs of its patients, employees, or communities in the name of increasing profits. As such, the legitimate needs of the PEOPLE involved in the Landmark community must always come first when making business decisions.

PASSION: Landmark holds that, in order to deliver the highest quality treatment, all stakeholders must exhibit a continuous internal desire to see each and every Landmark patient achieve his or her goal of a substance-free lifestyle. This PASSION must drive each action that our employees and contractors complete the job, and should be externally obvious to all patients, stakeholders, and community members.

PURPOSE: Landmark holds that employees must be cognizant at all times of the company’s mission, and must be driven in their work by that mission continuously. The PURPOSE behind the work is at least as important as the work itself.

LANDMARK LIFE: All employees and stakeholders must strive to assist patients in achieving a life that is substance-free and completely fulfilled in mind, body, and spirit.

Client & Family Support Groups

Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

Medical Detoxification

Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Individual therapy twice per week with masters-level counselor
  • On-site Registered Nurse 24/7/365
  • Comprehensive discharge plan that is easy to follow and understand

3.9/5
    4.1/5
    4.4/5
    3.2/5

• W
    Facility is clean there is a gross smell tho. The techs are supportive and understanding.It would be better if they weren't on their phones all the time. More like high school mentality sometimes. I would tell someone this is one of the better ones tho.
  • K.S
    My sister was admitted on the Malcolm ave site. She was here for about 21 days. As soon as their funds were cut they didn’t care about anything but dumping her out. My daughter a Nurse was her temp guardian and could never get anyone to answer or call her back. Yes basically they dumped her on the street without her guardian knowing. I wouldn’t take anyone here. All about money only!!!
  • Mike
    management doesn't really have a clue what then residents want or need. Tech's and therapists have a true concern about the residents and are willing to make them as comfortable as possible. Not Management!!! I personally have spoken to several tech's who are considering a change of employment because of poor management, bad decision making.
  • CL
    Absolutely HORRIBLE place to work. Building stinks of sewers, kitchen is disgusting riddled with roaches, expired food being used, frontline staff is great but is micromanaged. STAY AWAY.
  • CW
    While I cannot speak for whether or not Landmark is an effective program, I do want to report that they have been extremely unprofessional and unreliable in regards to filing for insurance and in regards to reimbursing money that our insurance company sent to them (that we had already paid), even though I have sent numerous emails and made numerous phone calls to their staff, along with proof of our receipt, etc. It took them almost a year to file with our insurance company correctly, and now they have held our reimbursement for another five months. We still haven't received it, even though our insurance company has contacted them about it at least twice. It is now supposedly in the hands of their main office in Scottsdale, AZ, and we still have not received our reimbursement check. Be careful.
  • John
    Completed 30 day inpatient program & left Landmark feeling humbled, impressed, & full of gratitude for everyone associated with their facility. Nearly 100% of their employees are in long-term recovery themselves & I think it was their experience w/ addiction & recovery that enables them to be so genuine & compassionate. It wasn't easy, hell it was downright miserable at times, but I got what I NEEDED at Landmark of Louisville. If you've SURRENDERED & are TRULY ready to change your life, then I can't imagine there's a better place to begin that journey than Landmark.
  • JH
    VERY good staff and eally try to meet your needs. Food pretty bad. You have to share 2 showers and 3 bathrooms with 20 other patients.
  • Mary
    This facility and the staff that work there are nice but the management is completely unprofessional they do not care about you or your family they only care about the money it’s all about the money they will deny people with passport left and right cuz they can’t provide money through insurance. Patients have left the facility before and relasped together. I highly do not recommend this place due to the fact that management is sketchy and money hungry only.
  • Linda
    Most of the staff and employees are In Recovery. Programs Are good and the clients seem to bond really well with each other.
  • Victoria
    I thought treatment was really good for me. The staff is amazing! They really understand what we are going through.
  • skyler
    overall amazing, if i had not of came here im not sure if i wpuld have ever concidered doing the things i am doing to better my life and continue my sucess in recovery. landmark is absolutly remarkable. 5 out of 5 stars. i honistly appreciate everything they have done and do for me.
  • Barbara
    I would recommend other people to try Landmark, the staff and their dedication to help you is remarkable. They helped change my life
  • Jessica
    healthier food would have been appreciated.. lots of grease not enough fiber
  • karen
    couldnt have chosen a better place for my first and only time in rehab. Made a world of difference in my recovery. im very grateful
  • Jv
    Bend to the place twice no help
  • cherrie w
    i have learned a whole lot about myself and my disease due to the incredible staff at Landmark Recovery. They are very knowledgeable and concerned about me and my life outside of here. Everyone is so kind. There is structure in our days, which we greatly need!!!
  • Kathy
    Third time in treatment and by far the best facility I have been to.
  • Jesse
    love the treatment process and the staff
  • Kyla
    I think that the staff knocks this facility out of the park. The genuine care you receive from the techs and nursing staff makes the treatment process much easier. The staff gives structure, rules, and guidelines that are needed by recovering alcoholics and addicts while staying present, engaging, positive, and insightful. The staff are almost all in recovery; I think this is a crucial component to the success of Landmark- it allows real-world connection and engagement with the patients. One of my only complaints while staying here would be the food. The first few days I did not care about the nutrition of the food- as I was underweight and needed the almost "hangover" food that was served. But by the third week I needed sustenance to heal the mind, body, and soul. There are very few healthy options outside of iceberg lettuce or frozen vegetables. This is especially a problem with folks that have dietary restrictions. A few of my fellow patients simply would not eat a meal a day and miss a handful of meals a week due to the lack of diversity in the meals (one can only eat a turkey sandwich two times a day before simply not being able to stomach it anymore). This would not be a complaint if the facility allowed options to store food for patients with these restrictions.
  • nick
    Everything was satisfactory, decent treatment, food, and facility.
  • Jennife
    The staff at Landmark is wonderful. I am very pleased with the Tech Staff, the majority of the nurses, management style, therapists and the classes/groups made available to patients.
  • Cynthis
    I feel I learned many skills that I will be able to apply at home. The SMART grouup was very thought provoking
  • kevin
    The staff was great and so was the treatment. The food wasn't so ood.
  • Tyler
    Great staff great support
  • Jeff
    Positive experience, negative discharge as clinical staff couldn't justify continued treatment, threatened AMA to attempt to keep me here, but no ill feelings here.
  • Holly
    Great treatment program. Need more activities to help patients to learn things to do with free time.
  • Billy
    I was treated with care and the programs and courses in my facility have helped me to arrange an effective plan for recovery.
  • Hope
    I had a great experience at Landmark. All the staff was very supportive and were eager to help at anytime. I greatly appreciate their support.
  • Pame
    I learned something from all Landmark staff
  • Doug
    The staff was very comforting and knowledgeable about my disease and the treatment of it.
  • TJ
    Landmark saved my life. The majority of the staff in the facility are in recovery. This is what really makes this rehab special. I have never been to a program that offers as much one on one personal therapy as this place. I would highly recommend Landmark to any one who is ready to get their life going and start their recovery!
  • James
    I personally feel that this facility is a top notch rehab facility .we are taught to know who we are ...i cant say enough good things about the staff here at landmark . just a overall wonderful experience ... so thankx for everything landmark staff ...... Jim M .......
  • Jesse
    love the treatment process and the staff
  • Kathy
    Third time in treatment and by far the best facility I have been to.
  • Tyler
    Great staff great support
  • Holly
  • Billy
  • Brandon
    A comfortable, motivating environment
  • Todd
    It helped me very much, all of the staff are extremely helpful and truely care about helping patients learn about their recovery.
  • charles
    need more time with therpys
  • lisa
    everything was good except for the food.
  • Justin
    I did not like setting in the chairs all day 7 days a week. There should be down time on the weekends that we did not get. I felt burned out and thought it was hard to pay attention.
  • James
  • brittany
    loved it
  • damien
    this treatment center helped me find myself and identify all my problems, i greatly appreciate this facility .
  • dallas
    staff is really caring and understanding
  • zach
    great place
  • Robert
    it was alright
  • Josh
    Amazing staff and treatment. Living conditions are not great for someone who dislikes being confined.
  • Anthony
    Wonderful
  • kathleen
    i feel as though i received great treatment while here. great support!
  • Adrian
    Treatment was good. staff was awesome, including the techs.
  • Kristin
    Great treatment team. Nutritionally questionable.
  • DUNCAN
    THIS TREATMENT FACILITY IS THE BEST PROGRAM I HAVE EVER ATTEND BEFORE AND THE NURSING STAFF AND THE CD TECHS ARE AMAZING AND THE THERAPIST HERE ARE ALSO AMAZING.
  • Molly
    I was treated fantastically. The staff hold the program together
  • Michael
    The staff go above and beyond to care for the clients at the facillity.
  • Bryan
    This is a new facility. I believe they have a good program but effort needs to be placed on consistency.
  • Brandon
    A comfortable, motivating environment
  • Devin
    would recommend
  • JOSEPH
    HAS THE ABILITY OF BEING FIRST RATE BUT DISORGANIZATION AND LACK OF NUTRITIONIST/MEAL CONSISTENCY NEGATES SEVERELY FROM WHAT WOULD OTHERWISE BE A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE
    NA
  • steve
    very professional
  • Kimberly
    I learned a great deal during my stay here at Landmark. The staff was great as well as the treatment.
  • Madison
    The whole community at Landmark has been a blessing to me, patients, techs, administration. I've learned countless tools and gained plenty of resources to help me succeed in recovery.
  • Kayla
    the staff was very caring, and gave great advic. Always there to listen when I needed to talk. The facility gave many tools other than AA to help me achieve sobriety.
  • Josh
    I was very fortunate to be able to come to this facility. I think that the staff are top notch and the facility is a very comfortable place to recover.
  • Kelly
    My time at Landmark was time well spent. I feel like I have been prepared with the tools needed to continue work on my recovery and I would highly recommend the facility to anyone I know in need of treatment.
  • Jordyn
    absolutely wonderful helpful compassionate and resourceful staff to whom i am truly grateful. the layout of the program with aa/na meetings big book studies smart recovery and therapy sessions gave it a well rounded balance and another perspective on recovery. i am truly blessed to be here. thank you from the bottom and my heart
  • Jennifer
    The overall treatment is excellent. there are a few minor problems but overall its a great facility.
  • Edward
    n/a
  • Gerrell
    therapist are great,techs are not too bad,lack of communication between staff is only complaint all though i did notice improvement during my time here, cooks are good but a better breakfast would be a nice improvement.
  • Summer
    Loved the staff...there were kinks such as air conditioning problems, lack of healthy food options such as fruit and vegetables with meals. The overall treatment I received from staff was amazing. The therapy and tools I gained with stay with me throughout my life. I am grateful for my time spent.
  • Shawn
    Excellent recovery and CBT therapy.
  • Joleen
    Overall I received excellent care here, especially from the nursing staff. I had some issues with being assigned a therapist in a timely matter, but aside from that I had no other issues.
  • gerald
    over all treatment is good. growing pains are being addressed. i believe it will be an excellent place of care.
  • jim
    excellent
  • jacob
    the treatment was awesome. i loved it here
  • Austin
    Great staff, although a bit of disorganiztion
  • Greg
    great support from techs....and my therapist.
  • Scott
    Everything you need, they usually can truly help you with.
  • Valerie
    Everyone was very nice and did their best to help and answer questions.
  • Dalton
    Overall great
  • Austin
    Landmark is an amazing facility. I have received the best care that I have ever had. My therapist helped me through some very dark issues that I have and discovered new ones that we also worked through, he has helped to save my life. the nursing staff is top notch. The techs on staff not only helped me transition to treatment but were always there for me when needed. I cant say enough to how great Landmark recovery is
  • Anthony
    Everyone who works here is amazing. Food quality is the weakest area. Access to therapy was an issue for some of my brothers and sisters in treatment but not for me. Special thanks and immense kudos to Ian, Taylor, and Alan. Also Toriano and Nelson!!
  • Felicia
    Great staff
  • Charles
    Need more therapist..they are great just overworked. Need faster prescriptions. Also need doc available for emergencies..
  • Emily
    best treatment center I've been to
  • cody
    na
  • jason
    great experience great staff
  • noah
    awesome experience. Landmark saved my life!
  • Brent
    Horrible find another place
  • David
    it was good but the food was absolutely terrible.
  • Laurel
    Food was awful and felt pressured into staying when I wanted to leave, concerns not heard/dismissed.
  • John
    The food could be better and more of it should be made. And they should let the attendants have smoke breaks whenever they want. Also a pool would be nice.
  • Josh
    Food was unhealthy and not enough. Staff was great and very caring. The strucher was not the greatest
  • Lisa
    the treatment I received was great, but the food could have been better
  • Michael
    overall good. Having more options for physical activities would have been nice. Therapist seem to be overworked so didn't get to see them as often as promised. More healthy meal options. More fruits and vegatables, less fried food, less sodium and butter.
  • dallas
    I feel like this place actually helped unlike other places I have been too
  • devin
    been to other treatment center..landmark is above and beyond better
  • Melisssa
    AMAZING staff, very good experience took care of me mentally and physically
  • Shawn
    Excellent program. The staff and therapists are immaculate! The food is a work in progress, but it's been open less than a year.
  • David
    Would not recommend. During my stay into a manager was fired for drug use and broke in the safe and stole money from patients including credit cards. Staff also turns over at a high rate therapists as 2 of 4 therapists left during my 28 day stay. Food was terrible. One evening we had fish. The next evening we had fish again. Probably what was most misleading was the website talks about therapist visits twice weekly. I had a total of two therapist sessions the first day I was there and upon discharge. Also the website talks about brain wave therapy. When I was there it was still in testing phase and no one on the staff would certified. Management seemed more concerned about getting another section opened to double census. I left in worse shape mentally than when I entered. One of the therapists is awesome and the are several good techs. Management is very questionable
  • Laura
    learned tons of skills to take with me to stay sober
  • Ieasha
    Its A great place to come to recover.
  • Tim
    everything was WONDERFUL food could be better
  • John
    The facilities are excellent and the staff is extremely helpful and caring.
  • Susan
    I like the combination of CVT and Smart Recovery, along with the other treatment I received.
  • troy
    the landmark staff was very caring and understanding, great place
  • MTP
    The employees that are in recovery that can relate and therapist's Food, need more A.A involved things helped me find out the underling issue to my problems and help to cope with it
  • I.S.
    This facility has changed my entire mind set about recovery and its process. The knowledge absorbed through my treatment process was in plethora.
  • KATIE
    GREAT STAFF
  • W. A.
    Ratio of patient to therapist is like no other facility we researched. 5 or 6 to 1. no real weaknesses I could see. Excellent facility, not because of the accommodations, but because of the quality of the staff from top to bottom.
  • SNJ
    I worked as an assistant administrator for Landmark Recovery. I do believe that the internal staff truly care about the wellbeing if the staff. Most of the staff are in recovery and can Identify with the life and daily struggles of the patient. If I had to pit a downfall it would be that it is a very new facility so procedures and rules do change frequently but that is expected of any new facility. I believe the nursing and clinical staff work tirelessly to ensure the best patient care. We have had many families and patients commend all the staff for their hard work as it takes a village. I would recommend anyone in the sommunity struggling with an addiction to try Landmark... It may just be the facility to change your lfe...
  • anonymous
    good material. the staff are on the same page as far as rules this place helped me want to stay clean
  • Cal
    Cleanliness, unique curriculum, therapies and classes non-12-steps oriented Lack of structure/organization and inconsistency with staff, rules, and expectations Highly recommend especially to those who have already been through 12-step treatments and are seeking something different
  • S.A
    The meeting were good. Food was amazing.