Malvern Institute - Willow Grove

240 Fitzwatertown Road, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, 19090

4.1

About Malvern Institute - Willow Grove

Malvern Institute has helped families struggling with the disease of addiction since 1948. We achieve treatment success through an unrivaled dedication to clinical care.
We believe comprehensive recovery is best served through a complete understanding of addiction through a continuum of care model. Malvern treats all patients with compassion and respect, inspiring hope and joy in recovery.

Individual Therapy

This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Family Program

Research shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it's important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.

• Individual Therapy
  • Tailored Programming
  • Evidence-based Therapy

4/5
    4.1/5

The staff was nice when I visited my loved one but did not have enough family involvement and now my marriage is over as my loved one meet a girl in recovery
  • Jm
    My husband is currently there. This place is a joke. There seems to be no rules. It's a bunch of court ordered kids that have no interest in rehabilitation. It's honestly a waste of time and money
  • E.B.
    Strengths: faculty, admissions and discharge, detox care, medical, group therapy, daily scheduling.Weaknesses: Not many leisure activites. I was admitted to this facility the day I decided to seek treatment. The staff was very warm and welcoming. They were also non-judgmental. Staff were professional and kept a lookout at all times. Food was good as well as treatments. Each day was scheduled almost to the T. Many groups per day on addiction, co-occurring, art therapy, meditation, AA/NA groups, etc. The was my first rehab and hopefully last. I have currently been sober 1 year and 3 months!
  • Jd
    This place is absolutely trash, under staffed, they have so many patients in this facility 60 plus. I went here never received a hand book or roc paper book. They hold your money like your a kid. There chief director is so unprofessional he doesn’t even return phone calls back to worried and hopeless parents! Nurses cocky and miserable . Out of my experience I can certainly say there is one best counselor in Malvern Most, he is upfront and will tell you the truth kinda guy!!
    The facility is in an old mansion. The clients took turns making food for the group. Caring staff, close ties with AA and NA. Facility,building old and not well kept. Occasionally ran out off food for clients on weekends. Staff pooled money and had to buy food for entire facility.
    yes. Yoga. no massages.
  • TH
    I had great results at Malvern when I desperately needed it. They helped me obtain my longest clean time. I recommend this facility.
  • SM
    all about money My loved one was referred here for detox by his IOP after relapse. The referring facility called ahead to verify that his insurance plan would be accepted. I called and was asked to pay $3000 co pay for 10 days. I spoke to his nurse 16 hours into his stay and 5 hours into herbshift. She had not yet talked to him. Since he was in detox I could not speak to him until i heard from his counselor on the afternoon of day 4. He had not received his daily medications yet because they were having trouble with insurance. I had to ask about this. No one volunteered this information. He told me there was a problem with the insurance but they were working it out and asking the insurance company for an exception. That was a Sunday. Same story on Monday. Tuesday my son calls to say they are discharging him due to nonpayment. At this point he is disgusted and refusing to go anywhere for treatment. They were going to discharge him. They will give him a ride to his car since he was thrown out pf his sober house for relapsing. They were discharging him to the street without any money. I have contacted Malvern and offered $700. Disgusted.
  • Stacey
    Great staff, the best, i would recommend to all that need help
  • Mike
    First time i completed treatment
  • Mark
    Malvern is great saved my life recommend it to anybody! Staff is great everyone
  • Alec
    Could not have done it without the staff!!!
  • John
    Excellent facility
  • Equan
    I was very happy with all my experiences here at the Willow Grove branch Malvern. I foresee my recovery being more solid this time around and permanent.
  • Alexander
    The staff is extremely well versed in recovery and bvery helpful.
  • Steve rosato
    Awesome. Staff caring and always availble i have too at least 10 rehabs and malvern was the most effective for me and give joe con and ewa a raise because they are saving people`s lives..all the staff care thats what made my stay
  • Mike alliano
    Great place very helpful would highly recommend.
  • William
    The staff at Malvern Institute Willow Grove genuinily saved my life. From housekeeping all th e way to administration their staff goes above and beyond to ensure you are safe, comfortable, and most importantly stay sober. I would without hesitation recommend this facility to family or friends struggling with addiction. The clinical team deserve significant salary increases for their work, an honorable mention here is not adequate enough
  • Anthony
    Love this place. Came back 3 times in a short peroid of time all the staff is amazing
  • Mark
    Grant it..ive never been in another rehab....i was there a few weeks ago but went AMA.....EVERYONE working there was lovely and caring......i wish i would of stayed longer because i missed everyone after i left...which was only 3 days in....i would recommend it to anyone....
  • Ejn
    This place is a disorganized disgrace. Its a club . some people seem to care for the most part. The cooks have pride but the place is dirty. It\'s just a business and feels that way . No way of protecting your money as there is no lock box of any kind.
  • LD
    This place is a joke. Waste of money. Filled with kids 18 to 30. I was told it was an adult based community. It is basically a detox only. NOT dual as I was told. It is a 28 day cycle. Who is going to benefit from 28 days, mostly 21, depending on insurance. So they detox you and have some 12-Step meetings, tell you to continue your way with NA meetings. Counselors stink at keeping loved ones informed. All they want is to get you in by telling you what you want to hear in order to get that insurance money. ... Do NOT waste your time sending a loved one here... Wouldn't send my cat there for a catnip addiction.
    Official Response

We appreciate your comments about your experience at Malvern Institute Willow Grove. Negative reviews, such as the one your provided to Rehabs.com actually help us to improve our operations. I have taken to heart your comments about co-occurring disorders. I'm not sure when you were at Willow Grove, but we have in the past year increased our psychiatric presence to more than 40 hours per week. With the increase, we also have strengthened our continuity of care by providing the same psychiatric coverage to those people who elect to participate in our outpatient programs. On the issue of age, we find that some people experience the wide range of ages to add vitality to the program; however, we also know that it can be a burden for some people. LD, we wish you continued sobriety and sincerely regret that Willow Grove was not to your liking. I personally hope that the bad taste left in your mouth has not deterred your ongoing recovery efforts.