Morningside Recovery in Irvine, CA

1400 Reynolds Avenue, Suite 200
Irvine CA 92614

Morningside Recovery Philosophy

Morningside Recovery provides the full spectrum of addiction and mental health treatment including detoxification, residential treatment, and intensive outpatient programs. Our expert staff offers personalized, comprehensive care in state-of-the-art facilities to help clients achieve recovery and make better choices every day.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

Onsite Gym with Personal Trainer

A+ BBB rated

Non 12-Step Alternatives

Kevin Granich

Admissions Director

Morningside welcomes every resident (and their pet) with open arms! For over fifteen years, we have been helping people from all over the world to achieve lasting sobriety, health and renewed passion for life. Our state-of-the-art facilities offers detoxification, residential treatment, and intensive outpatient programs. We are available 24/7 for intakes and calls.

Kyle Smith

Director of Business Development

Kyle Smith, Director of Business Development at Morningside Recovery, truly believes in what we offer. He loves that Morningside isn't just a "cookie-cutter" program, but rather, a program that is personalized to each individual's needs. Our staff truly cares for every person that walks through our door and we give 100% day in and day out.

ABOUT MORNINGSIDE RECOVERY - IRVINE, CA

Morningside Recovery, located in Irvine, Calif., offers residential, detoxification, and outpatient treatment to individuals struggling with addiction, mental health, and/or dual diagnoses. The facility is located in Orange County, California, and encourages an independent lifestyle allowing clients to engage in activities outside of treatment.

To be admitted, clients must call the facility to schedule an assessment with admissions staff. Clients in the facility’s outpatient program receive three hours of treatment per week over a period of three months. The length of treatment in the residential and detoxification programs varies based on each individual’s needs.

The facility’s treatment program uses a number of methods, including evidence-based practices, experiential treatment, the 12-step method, SMART Recovery, and holistic methods. Morningside Recovery also offers specialized treatment to LGBTQ clients.

Throughout treatment, clients receive individual and group therapy, and clients in the residential program receive 24-hour monitoring. Treatment focuses on identifying the underlying issues contributing to each client’s substance use, and clients are encouraged to form healthy relationships with their friends and family while in treatment. Participants in the detoxification program receive medication under the supervision of a medical doctor.

Morningside Recovery allows clients to bring pets to treatment with them. Although the facility does not have breed or size restrictions for pets, they must not be aggressive in nature, must be current on vaccinations, and must be on a flea and tick control regiment. Pets are expected to stay in resident's rooms, and use of a leash and collar is mandatory. The facility also offers yoga and art therapy. Morningside Recovery offers an alumni program for clients which includes weekly support meetings, free social activities, and clinical follow-up.

The treatment team at Morningside Recovery includes master’s-level clinicians, doctors, psychiatrists, nutritionists, and personal trainers.

Residential treatment takes place in a modern, home-like setting. Photos on the Morningside Recovery website show shared bedrooms. The facility is equipped with modern amenities including a fitness center, ping-pong table, entertainment lounge, and yoga/tai chi studio. Clients also enjoy gourmet meals during treatment.

At the time of this writing the 26 alumni polled by Rehabs.com gave an average rating four out of five stars for the facility overall, indicating positive reviews. The alumni gave the facility an average rating of 3.3 out of five stars for affordability, 4.1 stars for exercise options, and 4.4 stars for cleanliness. When asked about strengths of the facility, alumni mentioned that clients are able to live on their own, a helpful and well-rounded curriculum, and caring staff members. One alum wrote, “Morningside is an ideal setting for anyone with a dual diagnosis of substance dependence and mental illness as the treatment options, allowance of pets, and supportive environment allow multi-faceted healing.”

When asked about weaknesses of Morningside Recovery, several alumni mentioned that they disapprove of the facility’s new management and other recent changes.

The six staff members polled by Rehabs.com to date gave positive feedback regarding Morningside Recovery. Staff members cited the pet policy as a particular strength of the facility, and praised the level of training and experience of their fellow staff members. “Genuine Staff program designed to help someone save their lives. The tools are their for those that wish to change," one anonymous staffer wrote.

When asked about weaknesses of Morningside Recovery, the reviewers said they felt the accommodations could be improved, the clients were given too much freedom, the facility does not accept all insurance policies, and that 12-step programming is not available to those who would like it.

The cost of treatment at the facility is not provided by Morningside Recovery. However, the facility accepts insurance including Aetna, Humana, Cigna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Primera. Morningside Recovery offers a financial aid program as well as treatment financing through Prosper Healthcare Lending.

Published on November 2017

There is NO air conditioning in the male and some of the female housing. We have had heat waves and they have not cared enough, let alone for our pets, to have AC. They pack people into baking hot houses. They moved everyone into crowded apartments, and moved others out of a few, that are now closed off- just to save that extra buck by not having electricity running in those ones. Discovery Housing (the housing you stay at during treatment) and Morning side are under the same owners, but if you say anything about the housing, they will say that Morningside has nothing to do with Discovery- UNLESS it's for a $500 pet deposit. They refuse to do anything about the AC, and we all have been telling them for WEEKS to fix this. Nothing's done. Who is going to listen to a bunch of junkies though, right? They seem to not give too much of a damn. They care somewhat more when family members that are paying for this have a problem with them. You can keep your pet at housing, but you CANNOT bring your pet with you to treatment. A lot of which they promise in the premises of the rehab actually is not there- like the nutritionist and access to a personal trainer. It is inaccurate. They don't even have housekeeping anymore at The Irvine Treatment Center and the bathrooms are absolutely disgusting. The massive Garden Grove Detox facility does not have housekeeping on weekends and gives the entire load of keeping the place up and tidy to one poor housekeeper who is always busting her butt. They have removed many inspiring staff members, and they are now left with overly repetitive groups that lack skill and organization. The only good things left are their yoga, gym, my therapy sessions, and groups with the therapists and a specific case manager. Some things are good. It all should contribute to the mind, body, and spirit. Speaking of the mind, they say that groups are what you make of them, which is true, but when there is an overall consensus of where we say we benefited more from groups then, compared to now- especially with the inherently blatant lack of control within them, there is an issue with what they put out. Sometimes it can be the clients that make the groups feel as if you are in high school again with certain individuals begging for attention. They are constantly trying to save money by cutting staff and cheating us out on our outings when we pay thousands of dollars to be here. They lack business ethics by making so many cuts, and they lack humane ethics by not caring. For example, they let go of an amazing therapist many have been working with on a personal level, and was an irreplaceable asset to the company. Someone that is that critical in such a moment of this time of life in someone's recovery shouldn't have to connect to a new therapist, let alone deal with the emotional tragedy of losing someone that was guiding you along your road to recovery. Also, the psychiatrist is absolutely HORRIFIC. She yells at you if you have too many trial and errors with medication, doesn't look at you in the eyes, always in a hurry, and gives you a diagnosis within 3 minutes of meeting you. I understand her job is to write scripts, but when you put someone on 3 different medications at once, you will not know what is doing what, so of course there are going to be problems. they advertise this to be dual diagnosis, but I personally feel objectified by their doctor- especially when she refers to me as an addict, not by my name. She is constanly frustrated with me and shows no empathy in my struggles with Bipolar Disorder. This all has been detrimental to many, and I speak for anyone I've talked to (which is many) here at Morningside. If I had to do it again, I would have come here, but not with the changes. I'm here to get better mentally, get sober, and also for my certificate for court. At the end of the day, yes this is about recovery, not it being a resort, but we are also paying thousands of dollars to be here to find new ways to experience life in learning to have fun without the use of drugs. Best of luck to you in your journey.

words cannot express my gratitude for morning side recovery, but i will do my best. i entered morningside 2 years ago after finishing a 30 day program. i thought i was "done" with aftercare, but thank god i took the suggestion of my then therapist to continue treatment. the first thing i noticed was how welcoming and involved the staff were. the housing staff, the drivers, the therapists, the teachers, each one went above and beyond and made themselves available to me.. every.single.one. this is not the kind of care you can fake. the classes were amazing and well rounded. i was able to pick and choose the ones that aligned with the issues i was working on/struggling with. i am still very involved in alumni, which is wonderful as well. i will forever be grateful for this gift i was given here. this place will always have a special place in my heart. it not only saved my life but gave me a life worth living.

it's a good place.

The structure of Morning Side was very good. It gave patients the freedom to live in housing instead of a locked down medical facility. The amount of groups and choices given is outstanding.

This place really helped me to look at not just my disease but at myself and helped me to start to repair the things that were broken inside

It was a great treatment an I loved it!!

Second best treatment facility I have attended

A true dual diagnosis treatment experience. Licensed clinicians offer CBT, DBT, EMDR therapies to help people with bipolar, depression, anxiety, and more.

Clients are treated with respect and dignity at Morningside Recovery. The highest standard in recovery treatment are priority, as are each clients' well-being.

Morningside provided the right balance of structure and freedom for my treatment needs.

Good start

Overall beneficial

Great treatment program, fun activities

I was given the tools and resources to aid in my recovery. I grabbed on to every piece of information to turn my life around and learn to live and love a life clean and sober.

I would go back

Good support

Great therapy programs

Out of the entire program, the most I got out of it was from my one on one therapy sessions with my therapist. When they fired a lot of staff, the whole program went to crap. The new director didn't seem to care about the clients whatsoever, and made it apparent that the only thing the facility valued was the insurance money it collected. I would not recommend Morningside to anyone seeking help with the way it turned out.

Morningside Recovery is all about client care and focus on individualized treatment plans. They try to meet the client were they are and provide aftercare.

Ok but I don�t think I got enough time with the actual doctor

Best experience of my life! Great people great staff! Awesome fun activities each Saturday to participate in as a whole group!

Grateful for Morningside, but not a huge fan of the direction they are going in.

It was okay, could have been improvements with certain staff and communication.

Great best thing I ever did. I am just concerned that I will have to pay out of pocket when they specifically said I didn�t have to worry about paying a dime.

There is Always room for improvement. I believe the housing staff and clinical staff really care about their clients.

Good treatment, amenities, and food

Wonderful and caring staff. Beautiful facility & I loved the freedom. Been sober since I discharged 2 years ago.

I believe the clients received great care that is tailored to the Client's needs.

It was fine until new management took over and ruined the whole program

Most of the drivers were power trippers, & could not think outside the box. There were people that were too young running the houses. Or that didn�t want to help the clients. There was no internet. They ran the weekend�s poorly. I heard they fired 90% of the people that I thought ran the clinical good.

This place is for folks coming out of Chino with heroin issues. Good luck to anyone who has never been in prison.

It was a great place to receive treatment and I've been clean since then

Terminated treatment due to ins. Life happened. They provide the tools it up to me to pick the right ones and use tjem

Well worth the money

great experience

I feel as though the mission is very well supported by the patient facing staff. The core curriculum aligns with patient needs. The issue I had was with the former who informed me that I "Wasn't a good fit". After being in the program for over three weeks and being told by group facilitators and therapist that I was a model patient. I never failed a drug test or received any corrective action. When I asked why I wasn't a good fit I was told "I don't have to tell you why just that you need to get your things and go". This could have been detrimental to my recovery however, I was at a point in my recovery that there was no going backwards for me. I have heard this person is no longer with the facility which is very good. In matters of people's recovery insensitive and judgemental stances really have no place.

I loved it, they went above and beyond to help me. They scholarshiped me in when I had no insurance. I love how the groups were based on what I needed as an individual, it was a great experience.

Was everything I truly needed to finally achieve sobriety

I was told that I was extended over over. The last extension was until October. On Sept 25th I was told my last day was the 29th. My insurance was fine I just needed to start paying 200.00 a week to keep living there. I killed ants on the back door and in the food cabinets with bug spray I paid for. But was shocked how I was treated with a week's notice. Last thing people would relapse 3 and 4 times and come back to Morning side. A friend I went to church with every Sunday died on a Monday.

Treated me with respect. Staff was amazing. I wish I could return to deal with mental issues. I love them.

I flew from Philadelphia to California to attend this for dual diagnostics treatment. I came for depression anxiety ptsd etc. At that time I also smoked pot. Because I �relapsed� on pot...I was kicked out of your program after maybe a week. In fairness I was trying to detox cold turkey off of benZos because I didn�t remember to renew prescription before I flew cross country and apparently even after almost a week in your program we couldn�t get me connected with a psychiatrist. This experience was terrible!!!!

i feel our team gives it 110% and they go above and beyond to make sure the clients needs are met and they get they receive the treatment that is needed and more

I liked that you are given a budget to buy your own food by doing so it teaches meal planning and how to function better in the real world

I received quality treatment and I liked the accomadations

It�s a great place to be but only if you want it to work, no facility will work if you don�t want the help!! Overall staff is great and it works if you work it...

Really fun and learned a lot.

It was OK

Good staff, great accomadations,

I went here for a long time but the only part that significantly helped me was my therapist

Great therapist and great facilities

This place is corrupt and only care about how deep your pockets are to pay for poor ole spoiled juniors rehab. If you're more worried about a place where you can bring your dog along to rehab with you, don't bother going.... you won't stay sober anyway. What's more important, taking fido to rehab with you, or saving your own life??

It's an upscale facility and they give you a lot of freedom which is good because lots of other treatment centers shelter you so much from the outside world that when you leave treatment it's a lot to handle all at once. Morningside allows you to be involved with the real world to a certain extent while still in treatment. It's an accommodating place, they take people's individual circumstances into account and make exceptions for people which is great, lots of individualized treatment. Has lots of awesome staff members. It's great that they give second chances to people if they relapse. I love that it has a 12-step alternative option and that they allow animals. It's biggest downside is that it's a huge place, lots of clients, you don't get that connected, family-like vibe like in other treatment centers.

Morningside is one of the best treatment centers i have been to. Their classes are extremely helpful because they focus on you as an individual rather than a whole. They also focus on teaching you skills you will need to have to maintain your sobriety once you are out. The alumni sessions are also very helpful.

Staff is very caring; your not closed off in a bubble you actually get to see the outside world. Many different groups and specific treatment available. The most important thing was I was able to bring my dog!!

That it's GREAT!

My experience at Morningside was beyond life changing. My life before reaching out with a grim and lonely place. Not only did I learn coping skills to last a life time but I made friends to last a life time as well.

Great Experience. Great therapist (Bridget). Caring staff.

I really enjoyed my morningside experience. They did everything they could to help me stay sober. I am really grateful for this program.

I love the staff and the psychological help they have to offer. Morning side really changed my life around.

I really enjoyed my time here at Morningside it was by far the best experiences of my life and honestly gave me back my life. I can't thank them enough :)

This place saved my life! Amazing staff and facilities are brand new. The sober houses are nice as well. Great community and very thorough treatment.

Morningside Recovery saved my life and helped me get back on track to sobriety. They offer individualized treatment plans and alternatives to the traditional 12 step recovery model. My therapist and the rest of the staff, including support staff, truly cared about my well being and success in sobriety.

I love Morningside recovery. Relapse was apart of my story after I got a year sober my first time rolling through MSR, but after a few months out, I knew where home was when I was ready to pick myself back up. My favorite part about MSR is the groups they have to offer. EMDR saved my life they have the best therapist ever. The staff is incredibly professional here and am so thankful and blessed to be alumni to such a loving family.

So where to begin.....the staff was great!!! my therapist open so many doors for me. I always knew i had issues but figure so did everyone else.And thought.... they dont affect me(but actually they infected my very being). this place help me so much!!!!!!

It was absolutely amazing, it changed my life so much! I am now back better than absolutely ever. I literally would describe my recovery as nothing short of a miracle and it really all began when I entered morningside this time one year ago.

My experience at Morningside was life changing. Was it the end of my journey and struggle? No. What Morningside did give me however, was the strength to keep fighting it. I was broken, lost and close to giving up before walking through these doors. I have gained skills, mindsets and support here that I will carry on with me for the rest of my life. Morningside gave me hope towards my future.

Do not go into any treatment that allows there staff to write a review

I was at Morningside for four months. I had a pretty good time there until 30 clients including myself for discharged for insurance reasons and had three days to pack our stuff and find somewhere else to go completely unexpectedly. At the same time, they were moving everyone out of their houses with no notice as well. It was a very stressful end to my mostly positive stay. As others have said, this place is extremely money hungry. I overheard a meeting of the higher ups as it was going on right outside of my apartment where they were speaking of the clients as if we were animals. They don't care about the individual for the most part. I did encounter a few staff members that truly did care though. I have mixed feelings about Morningside but I would not recommend to a loved one.

Morning side is a great place but at the sober living houses they put you in there are aunts rats and the staff doesnt repremend the clients that are flithy and help bring more bugs into the houses and also they stuff you into little rooms and expect you to have enough room for all you're stuff they dont give you much to work with. Then they threaten you with sending you out to the tustin propertys if you're in costa mesa where you're out in no mans land so if you don't drive you're screwed, and have to take a bus or bike to get anywhere, If you complain to much about the way they got you living. I literally just had a aunt crawling on my hand on to my phone while writing this... and its not just me the other people here have complained about the bug issue n nothing gets done. So people that are clean have to live in filth.

I had been to four different treatment centers and now I also work at one (Beachside Recovery Center); Morningside was the best treatment center I have ever had any experience with in my opinion. I went there and got a high level of therapy from my therapist and I enjoyed the variation of groups that can be attended to throughout the day. Also, their gym is incredible and I was able to get back into working out which I still continue till today. I have a year and four months sober thanks to Morningside.

The owners of Morningside are money hungry. Their marketing scheme is to poach clients from other facilities. With complete disregard for their wellbeing, these clients are inticed into moving to California for money in their pocket and false promises. Solid and genuine recovery is built upon integrity. These people make me sick.

Disorganized, unqualified, and totally inept. Would not recommend to anyone.

Worked with us to help our son with aspergers, ADHD, depression, anxiety and addiction. They staff was very helpful, the facilities were beautiful and the location was wonderful. However, it was very expensive.

Absolutely inept and terrible. It should not be open. I relapsed almost immediately after. Please do not go here and be very careful about places like this. They only want your money and that's it. Only positive is that the facility was clean.

They are very greedy. It took forever to see a doctor ...

Enjoyed the connectivity and family involvement. I would recommend this facility to others.

There is no shame in coming back and getting help. We are very welcoming. Client care and family involvement are strengths of Morningside Recovery.

There is extended care.

Open model. Over 55 different groups/therapies a week, plus individual therapy twice a week.

I've learned a lot about myself here and I have benefited from the groups and individual therapy.

Morningside is a great place, they have individualized treatment programming, great groups, and staff who truly cares. This facility saved my life.

Family owned center that places an emphasis on the unique needs of each client. Clients come from all over to find a life in recovery. Clients find what works for them here. There is an adventure, academic,and vocational programs as well. PPO insurance accepted. 2:1 staff ratio.

Most clinically comprehensive program with over 45 groups a week. Morningside Recovery is more than just an addiction treatment center. They teach the skills necessary to stay sober after leaving.Being a family owned facility, Morningside understands the importance of family values and demonstrates this in their program.

Morningside recovery saved my life. When I got into treatment I had lost everything. Morningside helped me gain a sense of hope. The staff helped me repair the damage I had caused to my family and friends and helped me build a better way of life. I owe my life to morningside.

This place is all about their money, not your recovery...they'll tell you anything to get you in the door and the money rolling in. But the reality is far different. They don't hire enough staff to run their groups so they shuttle people off to AA meetings, no matter what their addiction or mental problems are. Their therapists are only comfortable with handling drug or alcohol issues; anything else seems beyond them. In my time there, they moved me to three different apartments in one week so they could stuff more clients in, and did so without any concern for how upsetting or unstablizing that was...I wasn't the only one having problems there...their living and clinical buildings are grubby and crowded. If you are having problems with addiction or mental issues, don't add to your problems by wasting your time or money here!

Solution Based Treatment & Detox
  • Effective and safe detox program
  • Inpatient Treatment