Narconon Arrowhead in Canadian, OK

(4 of 5)
69 Arrowhead Loop
Canadian OK 74425

Narconon Arrowhead Philosophy

Narconon Arrowhead’s rehabilitation program is comprised of an 8 step progressive recovery process.The Narconon Arrowhead program is a practical common sense approach to recovery in which participants are taught the life skills and problem solving methods that enables them to understand the cause of their addiction, how they will repair the damage that was created in their life because of the addiction and what their plan of action will be to build a new and self-satisfying drug-free life.

• Detox
    Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Spacious and Comfortable Housing Surrounded by 216 Acres of Picturesque Wooded Hills and Abundant Wild Life

24 Hour Nursing Staff On-Site

Life Improvement Program - Learn How to Live Life Without Drugs and Be Happy

ABOUT NARCONON ARROWHEAD

Narconon Arrowhead provides a unique residential treatment program for adults struggling with substance abuse. Narconon Arrowhead in Canadian, Okla. is the program’s flagship residential facility and has been operating for more than five decades. The facility is one of only eight non-hospital residential facilities in the state to offer detox services on-site.

One of 45 non-hospital residential facilities in Oklahoma, Narconon Arrowhead uses a combination of techniques and technologies to facilitate rehabilitation through four key “steps”. The treatment process begins with a drug-free detox program.

During detox, clients are denied access to any drugs as a means of ensuring a complete and thorough detox. Clients are assigned a personal withdrawal assistant who applies different techniques and nutrition management methods to alleviate withdrawal symptoms. Once clients complete the detox process, they transition into the New Life Detox phase.

In the second phase of treatment, clients begin the physical component of treatment that focuses on physical activity to cleanse clients’ bodies. Clients participate in physical exercise, as well as sauna treatments to remove trapped toxins from their bodies. During this treatment, clients also participate in a specialized nutrition plan that includes an "all natural vitamin regimen" and hydration program to keep their hydration levels properly balanced.

In the third phase of treatment, clients begin the educational component of treatment Narconon Arrowhead calls it “The Objectives” which is designed to educate clients about addiction, coping methods, and other sober living skills. Clients are cognitively reconditioned so that they are able to cope with previous experiences, identify problem behaviors, and address ongoing concerns that contribute to substance abuse. This phase of treatment focuses on creating a positive mental state for clients.

In the final phase of treatment, clients begin to learn new sober living skills that will allow them to successfully transition back into the community. Clients learn more coping skills, as well as ways to develop a sober lifestyle. Clients are also encouraged to develop a support network in their local community that is comprised of their families and community members.

Information regarding Narconon Arrowhead’s staff is limited. A nursing staff is available 24/7 to address the medical needs of clients. The nature of the program implies that various activity leaders, nutritionists, and experienced detox managers are present throughout treatment. However, it is not possible to confirm the entire makeup of the facility’s staff.

The 250-acre, resort-like facility at Narconon Arrowhead has space for 100 residents. The interior of the facility includes a wide range of treatment-specialized areas including a treadmill gym, saunas, a common meeting area that resembles a church. The exterior of the facility is surrounded by forest and isolates the facility from the surrounding area. Clients may have access to outdoor amenities including hiking trails and outdoor lounge areas.

At the time of this writing, ten alumni provided feedback about Narconon Arrowhead. The feedback was mixed, though the majority of alumni polled by Rehabs.com submitted critical reviews. Six of ten respondents would not recommend the facility and only one indicated it was worth its cost. Half did not complete the program. Most alumni mentioned Scientology in their reviews, some as a warning to unaware potential clients, some as more neutral observation, and one denying its influence at the facility.

In written reviews, alumni tended to describe their experience as uncomfortable. For instance, alum S.K. reported “Staring at someone without moving for up to 2 hours.” Another alum, J.H.R. wrote: “The basis ids good for recovery, but they are all about the money.”

Five other alumni reviews represented the treatment more positively, albeit with some caveats. Alum J.C. wrote: “The program itself is very different than many other recovery methods, and much more effective.” Alum J.D.J. added: “The staff here was very helpful and completely dedicated to improving peoples lives and showing them the way to live a drug free life.”

On Google, the facility received an average of four out of five stars from 59 reviews to date.[1] Many of the alumni praised the staff and the treatment’s effectiveness. In a representative review, alum Max wrote: “I regained my life back at Narconon, the staff is amazing and very helpful, they genuinely care about your well being and they will equipped you with tool to make better decision in the future, the facilities are of top quality as well as the food, definitely the best decision me and my family ever did for my future.”

At the time of this writing, 10 loved ones submitted feedback about Narconon Arrowhead. The feedback was generally positive, and nearly all described both the effects and the approach of the program positively. Structure, helpfulness, open communication, and complete detoxification were cited as strengths.

One satisfied relative did identify a weakness as “Owned by Scientologists,” while another family member reported that none of the staff had informed them about the religious connection. "It worked for my loved one. It was very clean and beautifully located. They used some strange strategies," another loved one wrote.

The seven loved ones polled by Rehabs.com on the matters gave moderate ratings for the amount of family participation, though gave highly positive ratings for the facility's cleanliness and holistic offerings.

Holistic Offerings: 4.9/5
Cleanliness and Upkeep: 4.1/5
Family Participation: 3.4/5

One employee provided a survey response to Rehabs.com. They recommend the facility, rating honesty and the experienced medical staff at four out of five stars. The staff member rated the addiction staff’s experience three out of five stars.

Treatment costs between $15,000 and $30,000 for 90 days, and no insurance plans are accepted.

CONCLUSION

Numerous lawsuits have been filed against Narconon Arrowhead in recent years. In 2014, the Tulsa World reported on a suit filed by a National Association of Counselors alleging a false claim of accreditation. The article noted that among 10 other lawsuits, “wrongful deaths, negligence, (and) fraud” were claimed.

An Oklahoma-based independent journalism website, NonDoc, ran an October 2015 story further addressing new licensing, as well as mentioning at least three deaths at the facility since 2011.

In August 2018, the Department of Labor began investigating a pair of wage claims against the facility.

Published on February 2019

I can’t say enough about the outstanding, proven program at Narconon Arrowhead! I completed my college internship with Narconon. Throughout my internship I received more thorough training at Narconon than all of my years in college. I’ve never worked with such an amazing group of people, all of which are all dedicated to the success of others. Narconon staff, as well as students (current & former) hold a very special place in my heart. Narconon Arrowhead made such a difference in my life as an intern, I have declined another position elsewhere and accepted a position where I know I can make a positive difference in the lives of others. I’m looking forward to being part of Narconon Arrowhead! Be blessed.

It worked for my loved one. It was very clean and beautifully located. They used some strange strategies.

BL

My son was on painkillers, then heroin for ten years. He went to Narconon Arrowhead and has succeeded in staying off all drugs for three years. It took me a while to write this review because we have learned that heroin is the ultimate of human battles, and after years of heroin we didn't dare hope for miracles. But we've had three years of our son being off drugs, and recently he's gotten a lot happier because he's been employed for a year and he got a promotion. And he even started taking some classes. So the first year out of rehab was challenging finding a job and putting life back together again, and now things are so much better that he's sincerely enjoying life and is pursuing goals. Anyone out there, please don't give up. People do prevail over drugs. Thank you, Narconon, for saving my son's life and giving him back his freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All my love to every person who helps people get off drugs, BL

James

Narconon Arrowhead is awesome treatment center that really does have the ability to help someone create a drug-free life for themselves.

df

I have been at Narconon Arrowhead a few months now and before I came here I did tons of research and read review after review of this place. After reading the reviews I was more confused than before I started. They range anywhere from the place is a cult and a death trap all the way to the place is literally life-changing and they owe them their life. How confusing is that?! I was honestly so scared coming here and wasn't sure what in the world to expect. But I truly have to say this place is filled with some of the nicest people I have ever met that honestly really do care about helping people change their life. Some of the techniques are a little strange and take some getting used to but they are all intended to bring your mind into the present instead of dwelling on your past. They do use the Ron Hubbard material but no one has ever in any way tried to get me to be a scientologist or anything like that. The food here is great too! I am watching person after person change their life and it is really empowering and inspiring to see! If you are serious about getting healthy I cannot imagine a more beautiful peaceful place to do so--the views of the water here are breath-taking!

JDJ

I recently went to this facility. This program has helped me get my life back. I was headed down a bad path where I wasn't going to be able to accomplish what I wanted to do in life so I seeked help. The staff here was very helpful and completely dedicated to improving peoples lives and showing them the way to live a drug free life. The sauna program was amazing!!!! I truly don't have the craving to use drugs anymore. It's something I have struggled with for most of my life and its completely gone. I never believed it was possible but I don't have any problems with wanting to get back on drugs. The courses that are administered here seemed silly to me at first but everyday that goes by I see them helping me in all the areas of my life more and more. I am thankful I made the decision to go here. I'm a more productive person than I have ever been. My communication skills are better than ever before. My relationships are better everyday and still improving with the information I learned here. I'm a better father and a better husband today than I was before. I contribute that to the skills I learned here. Thank you guys for all your help!!! I am not the same guy that showed up there and I couldn't have done it without this program. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that needs help and looking for a program that really works or to a person that wants their loved one back. This will bring them back and it will be successful. Best decision I've ever made in my life! I got my life back.

Lisa

When my son finally agreed to go to inpatient rehab I did alot of research to find the most effective program with the best outcomes. He had gone to some court ordered outpatient programs but they never addressed the root emotional causes for his addiction plus he still had access to his poor environment. When I found Narconon I knew that was where he needed to go. Our experience with them has been excellent. They gave him a safe , controlled environment where they not only completely removed all drug residue from his body( you cant get that anywhere else) but they helped him to rebuild his life. He went to classes to study integrity, life skills, and how to deal with negative people. He also learned to accept responsibility for his actions. He graduated 4 years ago and is doing great. And yes MOMS, he was able to re-establish his family relationships but also has the skills now to recognize people who will not support his new lifestyle.......and stay away from them. I highly recommend this facility or any Narconon facilty.

BAM

The program & the matwrial are good. It definitely can help if you are willing to work it. It is based on the teachings that can get a little strange. The facility is nice. A little run down but still nice. Overlooking a beautiful Lake Eufaula & serene. When I was there, just recently in 2016, they had an EXCELLENT cook & the food was great! However - THESE PEOPLE WILL LIE TO YOU! They will tell you whatever you want to hear & they know you are vulnerable & will believe it. Their program revolves around honesty but they will lie at every turn straight to your face & not think twice about it. I finished their program but didn\'t have anyone to pick me up right away. At first they said that was fine but they became very agitated quickly & they took me to a bus stop & just left me. They told me that my family had been fully informed & that my mom would be at my destination to pick me up. When I called my mom - she said that she had talked to NO ONE from Narconon & had no idea of these developments. These people care about nothing except your money. Believe that! There are good people there but they, themselves, are trapped by the lies this organization lives by.

Tina

This place was an absolute nightmare! Thank you so much for scaring the life out of my family member as well as the rest of us. We had to fight to have him released from your so called \"treatment flcenter\"while you had protests going on at the gates. I\'m appalled your facility is still open and thriving. Not once while we were interviewing your facility did any of your staff mention your were a Scientology based business. We paid your \"business" a pretty 17k and what we ended up with was an addict coming home after a week thanks to you and another year of convincing said loved one that not all centers are like your so called \"treatment facility \" You people made the problem worse for the simple fact while the person did seek help, paid for the help, let their guard down along with all financial responsibility, put their whole being into wanting to get better. You made it worse, you brought on a fear that was unfathomable. If you people ever did have any clue what an addict needs? It certainly wasn\'t to create more fear.

RON

I can remember the very first day I entered the Narconon Arrowhead Program over 15 years ago like it was yesterday. The first thing I noticed were the staff and the other people on the program and how happy they seemed. The staff seem to know exactly what I was going through and I could tell they actually cared. The first few days, as I later found out where pretty typical for anyone, were eye opening to say the least. I had witnessed many friends and family entering other treatment programs only to come out on the other end unsuccessful so i was a little confused by the methods at first. I kept thinking if it worked for other people then it can\'t be bad. I really liked the staff and noticed the other students that had been there a while. They seemed to be doing really well. Later someone came in trying to spread around that we were being introduced to Scientology and I thought what a load of crud. I knew what we were doing was simply common sense and seemed to very effective at getting people to get a grip on their problems. I was feeling great and a lot better than when I arrived and I a lot of confidence in my own ability to detect BS and I didn\'t see any here. What I experienced were very effective methods of getting my life back and being happy. It obviously works if you apply what you learn and its not hard. I would never dream of going back to the degraded life I once lived and what I had become. I really appreciate the staff of Narconon for providing me with the opportunity when nothing else seemed like it would work for me. Instead of being a happily married man with two kids I\'d probably be a ward of the state or dead.

It is based on the teachings of Scientology.

S K

They isolate you, no internet or phones allowed, Can't call police from the phones they DO have, They force "students" to attend "classes" all day that include sitting with your eyes closed for up to 2 hours without moving, Staring at someone without moving for up to 2 hours, yelling at ashtrays to "sit" or Stand up, Bullying or "ball busting" as they call it and if you respond they "flunk" you

Jamie

Just be aware, this place is nothing like the website, provided its still open. They had picketers while I was there and were on the news. One thing I didn't mention-they somehow monitor your phone conversations. I know this as fact. My family was called and asked not to speak to me again about the news coverage.

V W

This type of program might work for some people but not me. The ones it seemed to work on were the ones who stayed at the facility and didn't go back out into the real world.

J H R

The basis ids good for recovery, but they are all about the money, even the intakes administrators have quotas and they are paid to delivered. Once they got my family's check, I wa a number in the system.Left program early and took a year to get refund and it was way less than should..

Ruth

No licensed, educated staff working directly with residents daily, all former drug addicts & graduates of the program.

B H

They have the most scientifically sound program. They don't simply replace one drug with another. This is the only program I know where the person can get all the toxic substances out of their body. Plus the person develops their life skills abilities so that the failures they suffered in life leading them into addiction do not happen again.

Cathy

Narconon did what they said. Narconon is a drug free facility. They kept me informed; they worked closely with my son; they were an open book if I had questions.

Debbie

everyone was always sick, the roof was leaking all over not clean and definitely did not know how to treat or help an alcoholic

V J W

I am always amazed at the change in attitudes and quality of health after only a short time in treatment and the lasting lifetime change

J C

Very well trained, expert staff. The program itself is very different than many other recovery methods, and much much more effective. The facility should be bigger, and they need more of them around the country. Narconon is the most successful recovery program on earth, in my opinion. It has helped many people that I personally know, and I actually refer people to this place on a regular basis, just because I know how effective it is. Their methods really do work. They focus on raising the ability level of the client to such a degree that they simply don't need drugs anymore. This plus a very thorough detox program ensures that a person is very unlikely to turn back to drugs ever again in their life. I am personally reviewing Narconon Arrowhead in particular, but any of the many worldwide Narconon facilities will use the same highly effective program.

Judy

I have met many people who went to Arrowhead and they are well on the road to a whole different life without having to go "day by day" and being careful, or hooked on psychiatric medication for the rest of their lives. The cravings are totally gone, naturally, and there is no interest. They have a different lifestyle and understanding of life altogether, and I think that is fantastic! There is also a simpler program called "First Step" if one cannot go to a facility. Drug free. My brother went to 2 famous rehabs for heavy drugs and is still an alcoholic, only now he makes a lot of money and doesn't cause trouble so nobody cares.

Denns

Narconon works! It is evident from start to finish.

Overall a good program

Brenda

This place really builds up self esteem. My son came out early due to an injury and had to have surgery but I feel it really made a difference in his life.

C B

It was fun because there was a lot of people there. Nice setting. Wwe lived in a hotel on a huge lake. But they had us do course work that is done in the church of Scientology. It's funny at time but obviously not meaningful to recovery.

Great all over helpfulness. Owned by Scientologists. Good facility and would recommend.