Narconon Colorado in Fort Collins, CO

1225 Redwood Street
Fort Collins CO 80524

Narconon Colorado Philosophy

Narconon Colorado – A Life Worth Saving is an extensive program that takes an alternative holistic approach to rehabilitation, using our own unique form of cognitive therapy and physical purification.

Narconon® does not utilize traditional treatment methods such as the 12-Step approach. Although the 12-Step approach can work for some people, many addicts report that they do not respond to the 12-Step philosophy. The 12-step approach was developed in the late 1930s by two men, Bill Wilson and Bob Smith and was an answer of sorts, however, it has not proven effective when treating the hard-core chemical addictions of today’s world. The world of the new millennia presents an extremely difficult set of circumstances for the addict; very cheap heroin, extremely potent marijuana, Methamphetamines, powerful and very addictive prescription medications are everywhere and easily obtained. It takes a very thorough approach to shore up the recovering addict against this onslaught, but the good news is that it can be done. Our approach of addressing the addict’s ability to handle life is absolutely necessary, otherwise, he remains a pawn to his impulses and compulsions.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
    The focus of cognitive behavioral therapy (also called CBT) is helping people to understand the thoughts and emotions that underlie their addiction with the goal of learning new, healthier and more productive ways to understand and express themselves.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Narconon Colorado is a drug-free program which takes a natural, holistic approach.

The Narconon Colorado program has a full body sauna detoxification removing drug residues that cause cravings and relapse.

The Narconon Colorado program utilizes individualized life skills therapies to prevent relapse.

ABOUT NARCONON COLORADO – A LIFE WORTH SAVING

Located in Fort Collins, Colo., A Life Worth Saving is a Narconon residential treatment facility designed for adult men and women struggling with chemical dependency. Founded in 1971, Narconon is a non-traditional treatment program inspired by the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of the Scientology religion. The Colorado location – A Life Worth Saving – was established in 2008 and offers non-medical detoxification on-site. The facility also offers medical detox off-site to clients when a doctor determines that it is medically necessary for a client's safety.

According to the center’s website, a major component of the residential treatment program is the non-medical detoxification process. The program contends that drug or alcohol cravings are due to residual toxins (metabolites) left by chemical dependency. To that end, clients undergo detoxification through regular sauna sessions and receive high doses of vitamins and minerals.

The center’s website notes the detoxification process “lasts until both the physical and mental pain completely goes away,” but the entire treatment program averages 2.5 to 3.5 months long, but it may take longer.

Once an individual completes the detoxification process, they participate in coursework that is designed to increase life skills, communication skills, and mindfulness. These courses address issues such as living in the past, faulty perceptions, coping, and personal integrity. The twelve-step program is not utilized during treatment.

A Life Worth Saving provides follow-up care for six months after discharge, which involves regular communication with the facility. However, clients are welcome to call the facility after this time is up for any reason. A three-month residential aftercare program is also available for those who wish to complete an internship at the facility. For a fee, alumni receive room and board and train as an intern.

The facility has certified addiction counselors on staff and has at least one person who is CPR trained and certified in the building. Some of the staff members are alumni of the program.

The treatment facility is set near the Cache La Poudre River in Fort Collins. According to the program’s website, the Narconon Colorado facility is a “spacious, modern building,” and clients enjoy a range of indoor and outdoor recreational activities in their free time, such as playing sports and watching movies. Published photos also show comfortable communal areas, a fitness facility, and outdoor sitting areas.

At time of writing, the Narconon Colorado facility has received 18 user reviews from alumni, friends and family, and staff, of which four reviewers completed and submitted Rehabs.com surveys. While reviews leaned positive, responses were polarized, ranging from glowing endorsements to biting denouncements.

The one alum who was polled by Rehabs.com at time of writing had a negative experience with Narconon Colorado, and indicated they would not recommend the center. “DO NOT GO THERE,” alum B.B. wrote: “Insurance would not cover any of it. They failed all important categories and it’s Scientology.” They additionally gave low one-star ratings for various metrics, including exercise and leisure options, holistic offerings, and cleanliness.

Of the ten other alumni who provided user reviews, most were positive, with many highly recommending the facility to others in their commentary. Many alumni cited several years of sobriety and counting following their stay at the facility: "I am a former graduate of Narconon Colorado and this program literally saved my life." one alum wrote, "I have been clean and sober for 3 and 1/2 years from all drugs including prescription drugs!" Another anonymous alum wrote, "Narconon saved my life and i will be forever grateful."

The 43 people who left Google Reviews for the center at the time of this writing, provided a 4.2 out of five star average. [1] Many alumni praised the staff in their Google Reviews, and some even credited the center with saving their lives. “I was addicted to opiates for 8 years,” Caitlin wrote in a representative review. “Narconon saved my life in so many ways.. The staff is amazing and so very helpful.”

Some individuals did raise concerns about the facility. “This is a front group for the church of Scientology, which is widely regarded as a cult,” Anthony wrote. “Look at the negative reviews letting you know this, amid all of the fake positive reviews posted by Scientology members.”

Of the six loved ones who submitted user reviews at time of writing, only three submitted surveys to Rehabs.com. Feedback is distinctly mixed and polarized, with some loved ones offering the facility high praise while others were extremely negative.

Claiming the program misrepresented itself through marketing, T.G., a parent of client, wrote: “Activities advertised were not offered.” Loved one J.J.J. added: “Non professional and like a cult.” The other loved one provided high ratings for most areas of treatment, including staff support and the experience level of counselors.

The other three loved ones who submitted user reviews were more positive. "Narconon Colorado and its caring and qualified staff saved my daughter’s life and are willing and able to do the same for you or your family as well," one anonymous loved one wrote in an exceedingly positive review, detailing their experience during a daughter's stay in treatment. "This was truly one of the best decisions I have ever made it literally saved my best friends life," another loved one wrote, giving the facility perfect five-star ratings in every category.

CONCLUSION

According to its website, the program accepts most insurance plans, including Humana, Aetna, and Cigna.

The Narconon Colorado facility has faced multiple lawsuits over the last few years, including one in 2015 from a man who claimed he was held prisoner and forced to practice Scientology.

[1] https://goo.gl/5zPCkP

Published on December 2017

For the first time in my life, I finished something that I started. Looking back 3 months ago, I would have said that this was not possible. From day one in withdrawal I was able to process what I had done wrong and why I am here. The staff helped me get my life back on track. I am proud to say that I am no longer being controlled by alcohol and I am the man that my family is PROUD OF!

I had been through 4 other rehabs over my 30 year addiction. This program was an entirely different approach. Instead of sitting around telling war stories in group, I flushed out my body in the sauna. Discovered myself and got to the root cause of my addiction playing a victim to my past. I am coming up on 7 years clan and sober were I only would get 28 days clean with the other 4 programs I completed.

I went to Narconon Colorado back on April 2012, almost 5 years later I am still clean and made life long friends. The staff is amazing and beyond caring and genuine. That make you feel like family and can relate to you on every level. I still use the tools I learned at narconon in my everyday life. They go to no end to save your life. I highly recommend this place to any addict suffering.

This program is amazing. The instructors here have always had what's in my best interest in mind and they always helped me get through the program especially during times when it was really hard. I would literally be nowhere in life right now if it wasn't for this program this program is very dear to me and it's a place I can call home. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is suffering from addiction issues and wants to get help

I attended Narconon in the fall of 2015 and after hitting my lowest point i called and the first friendly voice I heard was very helpful with getting me set up to get into treatment and even came and picked me up from my house about an hour away once getting to the facility I was met with respect and kindness which put me at ease given the circumstances I completed my program in about 4 months and my time there gave me a new outlook on my life as well as giving me the tools to handle life once I left I can proudly say that today I am two years clean and I don't think I would be without all the staff that helped me get through my program even on the tough days I was always able to express what I was feeling and able to have any problem I faced handled and worked through it also helped that the food was amazing and I always felt like I was safe to go to any staff member for advice Narconon saved my life no doubt about it and I will be forever grateful

I am a family member of a former drug addict. To say this rips my heart out. I never thought it would be me. Raising my son I never envisioned those words. I am proud of the man he has become. Narconon Fort Collins helped him help himself save his life. The staff were responsive,communicative, polite and helpful with transportation. The program took my son back as contracted because of relapse. It clicked the second time around! I believe the relapse scared my son. Not every rehab is a fit for everyone. The methods that Mr. Hubbard developed in prison for his fellow inmates saved my son's life. My son's Life is a Life Worth Living! I have never seen him as strong and purposeful as now. My son never complained about the food. He gained 20 pounds. He ate his favorite eggs everyday. It is an internship that allows the former students to work in the facility. They build a resume during this. Part of healing emotionally is sharing and helping others. The drug addict heals thru this for the damage they have done to society. Many are felons because of addiction. How many politicians have been arrested etc and charged with felonies? How many CEO's? Alot. Don't judge. You may be judged someday.

To all who are reading this… Let me just start off by saying this, Narconon Colorado and its caring and qualified staff saved my daughter’s life and are willing and able to do the same for you or your family as well. I would like to share with you all my experience with Narconon Colorado. A family member of mine had a long time alcohol and later cocaine addiction. It was ruining her life and her ability to deal honestly with herself, her family, her friends and employers. Narconon Colorado saved her life and gave her tools and an understanding of self to survive. It’s been about a year since she has started the program and has not had a drink or other drugs since. She can be around others at socials and has no desire to go backwards. She is her own person again, making her own sane choices. She has gotten her independent thinking back and can stand firm and confident as herself without drugs. Dealing with the people at Narconon was a pleasure! All true professionals. In the beginning they informed me of the process and what to expect even of my own daughter’s behavior. Throughout the process they treated my daughter and myself with professionalism and expertise of their years of experience. Everything they told me they kept their word, even to the point of calling me at least once a week and more if they felt appropriate to keep me informed. If I called them, they called back. If I had a question they answered it straightforward and honestly. Narconon Colorado proved to be a quality and effective drug rehab center and only a drug rehab center that has a caring and effective staff and facility and in no way tried to force religious beliefs of any kind on my daughter or myself. I checked into the science behind their methods and its workability and most of all, its success rate. I do not believe in rumors or disgruntled opinions of others who blame others as their primary operating basis. I believe in science, facts and results! I happen to be a retired doctor with numerous published research papers and have lectured all over the world meeting many people of many different beliefs. I have seen many methods work and fail in the treatment of the mind and body. I researched the methods of Colorado Narconon and that of others before I decided who to trust my daughter’s life. And yes, my daughter is an independent adult and is responsible for her own condition, I am still a father who loves and wants only the best for my daughter. After much research into other facilities and methodologies and staff I choose along with my daughter Narconon Colorado. And I am glad I did on so many levels. My daughter was treated so well and her results so positive that she gave them, Narconon Colorado the ultimate compliment, she referred a friend. Again, Narconon Colorado methods worked saved my daughter’s life and that’s what matters to me!

I went to Narconon Colorado for an opiate addiction over 8 years ago and have remained sober the entire time. I truly owe my life to the program. When I entered the program I had a strong desire to change my life and through the guidance of the staff and their constant availability to help I was able to work hard and achieve a sober life.

Effective approach, caring Staff, nice accomidations.

I am a former graduate of Narconon Colorado and this program literally saved my life. I have been clean and sober for 3 and 1/2 years from all drugs including prescription drugs! Because of Narconon I have the tools and means to live a healthy, happy, and prosperous life. I have referred others to this program and would do so a million times again. The staff are wonderful and offer a high level of understanding and insight because most have experienced their own struggles with addiction. This program offers a holistic and innovative approach to addiction, a means to truly free yourself and save your life !

Every student I see leave the Narconon program is always so greatful for all of the staff in helping them overcome their addiction.

I have dealt with many other rehabs and I was a bit skeptical on what Narconon Colorado had to offer. But I have got to say this was truly one of the best decisions I have ever made it literally saved my best friends life. She had been to rehab after rehab after rehab and they just didn't work! Narconon was her last chance and boy I wish we had gone here first. She has been drug free now for over a year and the biggest thing is that her cravings are gone. We are so grateful for Narconon. I know that they get some flak because they don't use drugs - but don't listen to that nonsense because Narconon works and I will forever be a believer!

I went through Narconon Colorado in May of 2012 and I am still sober from drugs and alcohol to this day, a little over 5 years later. I liked that the program had an alternative approach to dealing with addiction than the traditional 12-step model. The sauna program helped me feel better physically than I had felt in years and I realized a lot of things about myself and why I resorted to substance abuse while I was going through the life skills courses. The staff was all very helpful and caring. This program helped me regain balance in all aspects of my life and gave me the tools to live a productive and meaningful life that I no longer want or feel the need to escape.

I went through the Narconon Colorado program back in 2012. I can proudly say that I have been sober for nearly five years and live a very blessed life. I was able to go back to college, get married find a job I love and get married to the love of my life. I would highly recommend this program.

The staff here have all successfully graduated this longterm residential treatment facility so they really understand this program. This program is highly individualized and you're there as long as it takes, literally! Some graduate in 4-5 months, while others it takes a year. And I love how they give its graduates a support lesson for the first 6 month post graduation, and if you relapse during that time, they'll admit you back in FREE! To me, that speaks volume of their confidence in their program for longterm sobriety.

Non professional. Narconon is a bad choice with poor outcomes

DO NOT GO THERE. Insurance would not cover any of it. They failed all important categories. Did not experience after care, no counseling, no real testament. ...

Hi BB, There are some programs that use the Narconon Method that do not work with insurance, however, Narconon Colorado works with several Private Health Insurance companies. We always run a verification of benefits for anyone wishing to use their insurance benefits prior to the person being admitted in order to prevent any insurance billing conflicts. We also do conduct follow up with all of our graduates for the first 6 months after completing treatment. During the later portion of the program, we have each individual work on developing solid plans designed to set them up for success that they are to follow once they leave treatment however it is ultimately up to each individual to follow through with those plans. We are sorry to hear that you do not agree with our method of treatment as it has helped many others but we do wish you luck on your journey to recovery and hope that you find a program that is a good fit for you.

LOTS OF MISINFORMATION TO FAMILY MEMBERS... Activities advertised were not offered. My active role in the recovery were lots of phone calls and encouragement.

The staff really care. The program is a well rounded solution not just a bandaid type of program. They just wanted space to handle it without everyone being involved.