Olalla Recovery Centers in Olalla, WA

12851 SE Lala Cove Lane
Olalla WA 98359

Olalla Recovery Centers Philosophy

Olalla Recovery Services offers drug and alcohol abuse treatment services for adult men and women. Olalla also offers specialized programs for Native Americans that utilize a modified spiritual equivalent to the 12-step model. Treatment services include assessment, detoxification and stabilization, residential treatment, outpatient care, and relapse prevention training.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Nutrition Lectures

Meditation

Relapse Prevention

Christine Lynch, BA, CDPT

Executive Director

Christine has been with Olalla Recovery Centers since 2000. Prior to her work in chemical dependency, Christine worked in the law enforcement and legal field for over ten years. She has a degree in psychology, business administration and human resource management. April 2013, Christine was appointed to serve as Executive Director for the organization. Christine oversees both the residential program in Olalla and outpatient program in Gig Harbor. Christine is also the Treasurer for the Washington State Association of Addiction Professionals, a member of the Gig Harbor/Key Peninsula Suicide Prevention Coalition, and a member of the Gig Harbor/Key Peninsula Youth Violence Prevention Coalition.

David Nogle, BA, CDP

Outpatient Counselor

David is relatively new to the field of chemical dependency counseling; however, he has over four years of doing individual support for those dealing with family and personal trials through a Christian-based support program. David chose to work in chemical dependency treatment through his own personal experience within his family. He recognized the need for assistance in dealing with the chemically dependent is growing and felt this field is where he could be of service to others. David enjoys building & refinishing furniture as well as remodeling. He volunteers at various non-profit organizations in the area as well.

ABOUT OLALLA RECOVERY LODGE

The inpatient arm of Olalla Recovery Centers, Olalla Guest Lodge is located on 12 serene, wooded acres near Tacoma, Wash. Adult men and women struggling with substance abuse may receive residential treatment at this facility. Sub-acute detox services are available on-site; if a client needs medically monitored detoxification prior to admission, Olalla Recovery Centers can coordinate arrangements with a nearby resource.

Treatment at Olalla Guest Lodge varies for each client and the length of stay ranges from 21 to 90 days. The program combines 12-step principles with evidence-based modalities and holistic activities, which focus on techniques that “help align the mind, body and spirit through inner connectedness.” In addition to group therapy, educational lectures, and Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)/Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings, residents participate in yoga, meditation, Reiki, and acupuncture.

Native American spiritual circles, led by Native elders, are offered once per month, and burning/smudging ceremonies – during which clients “let go” of past traumas – take place once a week. On-campus recreational activities include basketball, volleyball, horseshoes, and arts and crafts.

The facility offers a specialized track for women, which focuses on issues such as domestic, verbal, and sexual abuse, conflict resolution, self-esteem, and co-dependency. There also is a family program for loved ones.

Olalla Recovery Centers is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). The clinical team includes a psychologist and counselors who are licensed chemical dependency professionals, some educated on the master’s level.

Olalla Guest Lodge’s picturesque facility offers views of Mount Rainier and Puget Sound’s Colvos Passage. Photos on the website show simple, shared bedrooms with two or three beds, along with a bright, airy cafeteria and outdoor recreation areas. Based on responses from 13 alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com to date, the accommodations and amenities received an average of 4.1 out of five stars.

Most former clients surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing found success with Olalla Guest Lodge’s straightforward program and provided overwhelmingly positive reviews. When asked if they would recommend the facility, six alumni polled on this metric responded with an average of 4.8 out of five stars.

The six who evaluated the facility’s holistic offerings awarded them an average of 4.5 stars, and gave 4.2 stars for exercise and leisure activities, 3.7 stars for counseling options. Perfect five-star ratings were given for the facility's affordability and cleanliness.

An anonymous alum told Rehabs.com: “I had been to many place's before….but when I walked on here it felt like I was home. Wonderful caring staff and great food.” Another alum agreed: “I cannot speak highly enough about this treatment center. Very professional, yet, with a personal caring touch. This place saved my life!”

Yet not all former clients surveyed by Rehabs.com reported positive experiences. Alum T. described the facility as “a joke” and claimed there was only one staff member on the grounds at night, while alum S.G. told Rehabs.com: “If you are looking to recover from addiction and want a loving caring place, I would not recommend this place at all.”

Reviews from five loved ones surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing were mostly positive. When asked if they would recommend the facility, they awarded this metric an average of 4.4 out of five stars. They also awarded 4.5 stars for counseling options, and four stars for both staff support and family involvement.

A grandparent of a former client described the treatment team as “motivated and compassionate.” C.L.C., parent of an alum, was pleased they were able to attend Sunday dinners with their child. Yet they also told Rehabs.com that age is a factor, writing that the facility is “a better place for young people.”

Carol, a staff member surveyed by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing, gave Olalla Guest Lodge a perfect five stars for its treatment effectiveness. She also praised the facility’s secluded location, Native American focus, and “commitment to patient care.”

Olalla Recovery Centers accepts a variety of insurance plans, according to its website. Some in-house financing also is available.

Published on December 2017

good success record

great family place

I had been to many place's before thisnone...I've been to country club type that cost up to 80,000,but when I walked on here it felt like I was home. Wonderful caring staff and great food.

The lectures were interactive, smart and very informative! The facility was superbly well maintained. The staff were very accomodating and respectful! The dr was only there a few rimes a week. The center allowed us to take part of native traditions ie. smudging and drumming. Thays the main reason for me picking this treatment center.

An overall good facility; could have used better 12-step and faith-based programs.

If you are looking to recover from addiction and want a loving caring place, I would not recommend this place at all. The treat people like criminals. I'm not a criminal and was hoping to find a caring place to educate myself on recovery. I do not agree with how this place is run. I ended up leaving early and going straight to AA meeting and got a sponsor immediately. I have now been sober for over 5 years. There is an easier softer way.

It's isolated from the city. The area is amazing and it over looks the Puget sound. The staff is well trained and has been there. You know that they are the real deal. Olalla recovery center took me out of my element, into myself and gave me the tools to fix my issues. A downfall was that at the time I went there was not on site detox. You had to detox and then come in.

From the moment I called this place, I felt like I was "home", after spending over at 100k "luxury treatment facilities", with no success, this place changed my life for the better and it is a experience I would love for anyone who wants to change, for the addict who still suffers, you can end that suffering! I did!! People working there, in every capacity are caring, know what they are talking about, and bring something to table that helps in recovery!

They offer medical treatments as well as counseling to get their results. Also, group activities with outsiders to aid in the process. It accommodates many religious and personal beliefs in attaining a personal balance.

My god this place is a joke. Staff assaulting others, incredibly weak staffing, kids running wild all night, drugs in the dorm, us against them attitude with staff and clients. I am therapist so I have expectations and understand staffing issues. Only one staff total on the grounds at night, really. Not sure what would happen if a client knocked him out. It's just not therapeutic. They want your cash and if you want a place where you can coast through, this is your place. There are no expectations.

It was co-ed and a nice enviorment.

Every one in my group relapsed within 1 month of leaving Olalla. I relapsed after 3 weeks.

Felt accepted and felt I understood the reason why alcoholism is a disease and began to realize I did not have to feel guilty anymore. Such a relief

Staff is motivated and compassionate. Very knowledgable (many have also had addiction issues). Program fully involves patients with their own treatment plans

Better place for young people. In order to visit with our daughter's baby, we had to go thru classes. Allowed for dinner on Sunday afternoons with patient.

It served the purpose it was intended to and I benefited from my stay. Although I didn't stay clean permanently after completing program I'd say the facility was good. It was me who chose to relapse. I've currently got several years clean in recovery since.... I'm currently the Hospitals and Institutions Chairperson for a local 12 step fellowship and am inside their facility on a regular basis. They address so many issues so well there I'd not hesitate to refer anyone with a drug/alcohol problem there.

Though a relapse happened, it gave me the tools to work on getting and staying clean and sober.

Inexpensive, private location, spiritually based 12 step orientated. Spirituality, Native American focus, commitment to patient care.

Owe my recovery to Olalla Recovery Center.

It was much better than I could have imagined. The basic text of NA,talks about being reduced to an animalistic state. That was me. I started trusting(a little )people for the first time in many years. They had H&I meetings in the facility, and towards the end, we went outside to attend regular meetings. As a result of this center, I still regularly attend meetings, have a sponsor, work steps, and do service work..

The Evergreen at NorthPoint
  • Partial Hospitalization (PHP)
  • 40 Beds