Peachford Hospital

2151 Peachford Road, Atlanta, Georgia, 30338

2.4

About Peachford Hospital

Peachford understands that substance abuse and mental health issues can affect all areas of a person’s life. The rehab offers a safe and nurturing environment where clients can remove themselves from daily stressors and concentrate solely on recovery. With programs for adults, adolescents, seniors and children, Peachford is dedicated to providing each individual with the personalized care they need, as well as the tools necessary to create a sustainable program for lifelong recovery.

12-Step

The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• Activity Therapy
  • Pet Therapy
  • Recreational Therapy
Dr.Asaf Aleem, M.D.

Dr.Asaf Aleem, M.D.

Medical Director

Dr. Aleem is the Medical Director for the facility and oversees all clinical services for the hospital. In addition, Dr. Aleem has served as a Clinical Assistant Professor for the Emory University, Department of Psychiatry and as Assistant Professor for Wayne State University, Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Aleem received his medical degree from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India. He continued his training with an internship in psychiatry at the Winnebago Mental Health Institute, Winnebago, Wisconsin and the Washington University School of Medicine. Dr. Aleem is board certified in adult and geriatric psychiatry. He is a member of the American Psychiatric Association, Georgia Physicians Psychiatric Association, Society for Traumatic Stress Studies and the American Geriatric Society.

Show Bio
Eamon Dutta, M.D.

Eamon Dutta, M.D.

Adult Inpatient Service Director

Dr. Dutta is responsible for the clinical supervision of the Adult Services at Peachford Behavioral Health System. He received his early psychiatric training at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India. He completed his Residency and Fellowship training in General and Geriatric Psychiatry at Beth Israel Medical Center, New York. Dr. Dutta is board certified in general and geriatric psychiatry as well as addiction medicine. His practice focuses on acute psychiatric stabilization, crisis management and intensive outpatient modalities. He has teaching affiliations with Moorehouse School of Medicine and Georgia Health Sciences University. He is an active member of Georgia Psychiatric Physician Association and American Psychiatric Association.

Show Bio

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT PEACHFORD HOSPITAL

Located in Atlanta, Ga., Peachford Hospital has been treating mental illness and addiction for more than 40 years. For adults struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders, the hospital offers both inpatient and outpatient care. Other services are designed to address psychiatric issues in children, teens, adults, and seniors.

Peachford Hospital offers treatment at varying levels of intensity. Acute inpatient hospitalization provides medical and psychiatric stabilization, as well as 24-hour nursing care. The hospital’s partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a level below, as it provides six hours of daily programming; PHP clients return to their homes at the end of the day.

The intensive outpatient program (IOP) includes three hours of programming a day, and, for those who require standard outpatient treatment, the center refers out to its network of providers. Additionally, Peachford Hospital offers a dual diagnosis program for adults.

Based on 12-step principles, treatment is conducted through mostly group and family therapy sessions. Clients are encouraged to participate in discussions about control, anger, shame, and grief. Education is also a key program component. Clients are introduced to the disease concept of addiction and coached on relapse prevention strategies.

All clients who complete treatment are provided with discharge planning and aftercare.

The staff consist of psychiatrists, addictionologists, registered nurses, social workers, activity therapists, and certified substance abuse counselors.

Peachford Hospital strives to create a nurturing environment for its residents. Colorful linens and artwork help soften the clinical setting. Most clients share semi-private rooms, and there is a pool on-site.

Clients enrolled in outpatient programming may opt to reside at the center’s short-term housing facility, The Lodge. Designed for clients over 18, The Lodge provides increased independence while still offering support and guidance; it is monitored by a staff member.

Alumni polled by Rehabs.com had varying impressions of the facility, rendering mostly mid-level ratings in nine evaluated categories. Counseling options received a rating of 3.45 stars, based on 11 survey responses, and the staff’s level of experience and the facility’s cleanliness trailed slightly at 3.27 and 3.18 stars, respectively. One anonymous alum characterized staff as “excellent,” but shared this criticism: “I would recommend more quality time be scheduled with an individual counselor or physician to delve into issues that may be uncomfortable sharing in a group setting.” In another positive review, R.F. wrote: “If your are willing to put the work in, the outpatient therapy can be life-changing.”

The lowest rating went to holistic offerings, which received 1.9 stars based on 10 survey responses. Some reviewers submitted highly critical reviews of Peachford Hospital, such as J.W., who reported a lack of therapy as well as a lackluster menu: “For therapy they do trivial pursuit and karaoke. food is alright if you like fresh from the freezer. no sign of therapy anywhere.” Reviewer V.G.M. gave mostly one- and two-star ratings, writing: “There are too many people with too many different problems all trying to be treated in one place.”

Overall, loved ones provided higher ratings. The 12 survey respondents were most impressed with the facility’s cleanliness, giving it 4.17 stars. The staff’s level of experience and the family participation were also rated highly; they received ratings of 4.08 and four stars, respectively. One anonymous family member told Rehabs.com: “Clean, friendly, efficient. Professional, friendly and solution oriented facility.”

Like alumni, loved ones were least impressed with the facility’s holistic offerings, giving an average rating of 2.92 stars, and similarly, giving its leisure options 3.25 stars. A miscellaneous criticism came from family member T.M., who described the facility’s communication with loved ones as “horrifying,” although the the facility’s connectivity and visitor policies received an average rating of 3.5 stars.

At the time of this writing, the sole staff reviewer, Kenneth, indicated in his Rehabs.com survey that he would highly recommend the facility to others. He gave the staff’s level of experience a two-star rating, though the remaining categories all received four or five stars. He highlighted the “patient interaction” as a strength.

Although the facility does not publish its rates online, Peachford Hospital’s list of accepted insurances is extensive and includes private companies, Medicare, and TRICARE.

Updated June 2016

Accreditations & Licenses
  • JCAHO
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

2.4/5
    2.3/5
    2.2/5
    2.7/5

• BL
    If I could give Peachford 0 stars I would. DO NOT GO HERE OR SEND A LOVED ONE HERE. This is only a small snip-it of my experience: Male and female adult patients eat together in the same room at the same time along with children that are in the hospital. I witnessed a physical fight betweentwo male patients in the cafeteria that resulted in an enormous amount of blood being splattered through a large portion of the cafeteria, in part due to the inaction's and inadequate number of staff. Staff then rolled food carts through the blood (before it was appropriately cleaned up) and tracked it throughout the hospital. The children were brought into the cafeteria to eat before the blood was cleaned off the food, equipment, floor, and the drink and condiment area. Additionally, I observed cockroaches both live and dead in the cafeteria. Also, I requested MULTIPLE times to be moved from the men's ward to the female ward because I felt unsafe. STAFF DID NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! Patients who are admitted for suicide intervention are mixed with patients who are admitted with major psychological disorders such as schizophrenia - which is HIGHLY inappropriate. Patients are locked out of their rooms for 7+ hours at a time and forced to sit in a common area for "group therapy" sessions that do not occur and if they do, they are damaging. The Patient Advocate is a legal measure the hospital must have in place due to regulations; however, the person does not return phone calls from patients or their families, and I believe this is intentional. All phone calls go directly to voicemail. My husband made multiple calls to this number and left messages with no reply. This place needs to be SHUT DOWN. Please share your story with the above entities so adults and children do not continue to get hurt and have more TRAMUA inflicted on already vulnerable people.
  • Ann
    I went there it’s a horrible place to be. The staff don’t care the food is terrible. The only way to pass time is to make friends.
  • D L
    That is the worst possible enviroment to place a child in..it seems to be the easiest outlet for the parents..no body ever considered the long term effect of this tupe of environment
  • JG
    My older brother was sent there and every time he would call at night he would be crying because he was so scared and I was scared for him after reading all the reviews and my dad would try and call them to get more information about discharge and it took like 10 calls for someone to answer the phone and when they did answer they had no answer to any questions
  • IA
    My daughter had 4 hickies on her neck. I get the run-around with the employees of peachford. it took me 2 days 2 talk to a higher up.
  • JA
    evil place. they just want your money
  • ZW
    Amazing treatment, and recovery. My doctor helped tremendously, and the treatment was very effective and soothing.
  • Alice
    My child was here for a week and I feared for their safety and mental health more than I did when they were in our home. The environment is more prison than hospital, the therapy uncontrolled, and the staff -- particularly the head nurse -- both unresponsible and hostile. I would not let these people care for my dog...and the faact that they are charged with caring for children is terrifying.
  • MR
    I am 71 and was on 7th floor in older building. This is the nastiest, filthiest faculty imaginable. Deplorable conditions. Staff assigned to the group room have no formal training. Extremely unprofessional. I was given 4 x the blood pressure medication I was prescribed Complained. Nothing changed. Roommate projectile vomited in group room. She wasn’t cleaned up. She just sat there in her vomit. She then vomited all over her bed and was finally taken away by medics. The vomit on her bed was wiped off with a dry towel and then lightly sprayed with Lysol. New patient assigned to that bed. Every night the “guards” would come every 15 minutes and shine a flashlight in my eyes for 10 seconds. I am aware they are supposed to come in and check to see if you are breathing. That is not what they did to me. It was deliberate. I came in with a fractured thumb. I was not allowed to keep my brace. Horrid, horrid facility. I cannot understand why this place stays open. Except for 1 1/2 hours a day with social workers, and a very, very brief visit (5 minutes or less) with psychiatrist, you are left to sit in group room watching whatever the staff wanted to watch on tv.
  • E.H.
    My husband was recently admitted to this hospital and is being treated very poorly. They were trying to give him medication which he refused because of not knowing side effects. Well the nurse told him rudely that he had to take his meds. You can't force someone to do that. He wanted to sign himself out but was told he couldn't until he saw the dr. Basically holding him against his will. Instead of offering kindness they're being cold and heartless. I would NEVER reccomend this hospital to anyone.
  • Angela
    My purse as well as several other item were stolen and not returned or replaces or reemburced. The patient advocate has not been returning my calls note is her supervisor. I was in the hospital from Aug.6th through the 16th of 2019 now September 23 2019 and nothing has been done yet. My SS card was among some of my items that are missing or broken. I'm sure they are going to want to be paid. Well I want my things replaced.
  • NLP
    Do not send your loved ones here! Place is so horrible and they will come out in worse shape than before!!
  • JS
    Please at all cost do not send your child there. While our some was there we never received any updates or calls we had to call them and they were very vague on telling you anything. Upon leaving our sons shoes and most of his clothes and part of his pajamas we're missing. We stayed and had them look for them. In the end their answer was I guess another child took your child's clothes home. The shoes we.were ended up on the roof. This questions where the supervision was for my son and anther child to throw the expensive shoes up there. Being a splint family they never mad sure or allowed the child to call both parents for the evening calls. Our son all so reported switching rooms 3 times in 5 days!Even when we had the conference call we were still never told what was done while he was there. They asked for his schools saying they would request his work and they never did. We now have to go back to our city out of town and make up 4 days worth of work. Basically my son went to counseling, played, watched TV and went to bed. All these things we were already doing at home.
  • K
    Horrible place the staff is horrible and mean they are disorganized went to visit my daughter on Sunday first time visiting and no one checked my identity they just gave me a visitor sticker and sent me to the back without being checked or signed in also I had a nurse call me asking to give my daughter medication she was already on how could you not know that my daughter is already on medication what kind of service is this Peachford is super ghetto and wants to charge you for horrible service I will never take my child there again this was my first and last time I will advice you to not take your kids there the service is horrible
  • WBT
    Was not given anti rejection medication for over the 72 hour period. Could have lost my recently transplanted cadaver organ! Doctor's, Social Worker nor Nurses cared. Med nurse was the WORST, when I would go ask her for medication she would yell "No it ain't ordered now go sit down" , then laugh with the other staff members. I informed them I had a comprised immune system and thought I may have C.Diff which is highly contagious and should be transferred to Emory. They never contacted Emory, tested me for C. Diff and called me 2 weeks ago after being discharged with my test results that were positive!! I was in general population with all of these other women having to share 1 restroom all day while we were locked out of our rooms. I think they should have to notify each person there during June 27 - July 2. This is a serious life threatening illness if not treated and they did nothing. I informed then that had I lost my organ they would have more issues to worry about than my mental state of mind. I was and still am scared and scarred by this facility.
  • GG
    Very worst physician I have ever encountered was here. I can't believe she is really a doctor. She talked with me for 5 minutes and diagnosed me and put me on very strong medications that my primary care physician said to stop taking immediately because it could kill me with my heart condition. She never even asked about fmy heart condition or even cared. She was going to keep me for another day until I told her that my insurance would not pay for another day and she told me I could go home that very day. She is a joke
  • Matt F
    This place saved my F***** life, I dunno why it has 2.5 Stars, maybe because of how low morale is. Everyone seems to be counting down until the minute they get discharged when really it's a very pleasant place to stay.
  • NL
    Spend 7 days in unit 5 with the worst staff you could imagine. Fights, bullying, and inappropriate comments were always being made by other patients, and the staff does absolutely nothing about it. Food is god awful, I only allowed myself to eat packaged food because everything else was disgusting. This place is a step below prison. Group sessions are useless and repetitive, everyday we talked about the same thing. You were only allowed to speak to your doctor for about 3-5 minutes, and social workers were so inconsistent. I was told I would see my social worker on my 4th day, but she didn’t come until 2 days later. I do not recommend this to anyone, please look into different hospitals to send your loved ones to, for their own good.
  • agr
    I requested an assessment for myself. I waited about 30 minutes to be brought into a room and then waited another 3 hours for the assessment. I was ignored but the staff. after abut 2 hours I asked to leave and was told" one moment" about 3 times. I asked again and was told to ask a supervisor. The supervisor was extremely rude and told all of us waiting that there were more important patients being attended to than us, and that we should wait. I understand the concept of triage, even in a psychiatric hospital. The level of rudeness and unprofessionalism was astounding. The staff ignored us and and continued to say, "one moment" every time I asked to get y belongings and leave. The supervisor finally came to me and asked if I wanted an assessment. I told him no, and that I wanted to leave. He asked if I was suicidal, and then proceeded to let me out. I was going there to get help, and left completely upset. It was the most traumatic experience in a healthcare facility I have ever had. This facility was recommended by my insurance company. I won't go back there, yet I don't want to go to another facility for fear that I will have as similar experience.
  • Kim
    I stayed here and the professionalism of the staff is horrible. Not all the staff I should say the pharmacist and one of the barge nurses and two to three other nurses rather staff was fine otherwise they walk around not washing anyone’s clothes. I kept asking on my way At being discharged for my belongings on the 18h and they did not give me all of my clothes they went after I left the back to the lobby twice to get my clothes and still now I’m on my way to get the rest of my belongings. When I came in I checked myself in I was not aggressive or violent don’t know why I was placed on stabilization unit cause usuallly it’s when in the past I was suicidal or so. First time in over 10?yrs I’ve checked myself in and I’m allot better because of it. Charge nurse d and creative therapist and 2 staff were very cordial one dr was excellent. Please I’would like to be contacted by the hospital. Dirty and paint is too dreary or healthh
  • Ch
    I'd like to thank the staff at peachford for taking care of me while I was under the care of psychiatric Drs and nurses who helped me become who I am. Food was excellent They kept me safe They listened when I voiced my opinion They helped me conquer self control
  • LH
    Worst place ever! A med nurse was so unprofessional and rude! She is supposed to be a nurse, apparently she did not have enough sense to look at my meds and see that I could get it. The rooms were disgusting and so nasty, the floors in the halls were nasty, the bathrooms were unsanitary and there was fruit flies and bugs everywhere. I noticed she showed a difference. It was very obvious. Avoid this place!
  • AB
    DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONE HERE !! If your family member is being sent here, get prepared for a long battle. My mother is in there and even though the 72 hours they can legally hold her is up, they are keeping her to drain the insurance $$$$. She hasn’t received meds for her blood pressure, she was told she is bipolar ( she’s not ) and had to take meds for it. They won’t answer my calls, her social worker has only met with her briefly ONCE in 3 days. It’s is a PRISON DO NOT SEND YOUR FAMILY HERE. THEY WILL NEVER GET TO LEAVE
  • Brian
    Horrible ,horrible place . The staff treated my daughter horrible. The staff doesn’t care. Please please do t send your family here .
  • James
    My daughter was admitted to Peachford on 09/21/18. We were told a nurse would come back and take us to the unit and go over the treatment. The nurse cam back 4 hour latter and handed me some paperwork and told my daughter to come on. I ask if I could go back and we could go over the treatment. The nurse said no we are to far behind and took my daughter, who was extremely upset because she had no idea what was going to happen. My daughter go to call me that night and she was terrified. I filled a 1010 from to try to get my daughter out but they would not let her go. She said all the nurses were on there cell phones and not paying any attention to the patients. When I was in for the visit the first day the nurse gave me the 1010 for and ask if we got our daughter out that we please not stop and not to forget about the other kids still there. On the second visit I files a AMA form and demanded they let my daughter go. The nurse said she would give it to the house supervisor. I finely got the house supervisor to come out and talk to me. I told her what had went on and why i was scared for my daughters life. She told me that none of it happened and there was no way my daughter was going home. Two nurses had confirmed the fights she was telling me did not happen never tried to help me or hear me out, she just keep saying come back tomorrow when the Dr is here. I called 911. I am filling this not just for my daughter only for for all the people that have to go here and for the nurses that care. This place needs to be shut down. Please help these kids, we all make mistakes but no one deserves to go through this.
  • Kl
    I was on unit one. The staff is irresponsible. They took me very suddenly off of an SSRI which is known to cause SEVERE SIDE EFFECTS. Then put me on 300 mg of wellbutrin. I witnessed nurses and MHAs yell at patients DAILY. The environment is not only bleak and depressing, it is also filthy, and the floor is disgusting. I witnessed a girl having a full on panic attack and the staff did nothing, and they refused to let the other patients help. We were forced to remain, isolated except for our roommate (it was often the case that someone didnt have a roommate) for TWO HOURS A DAY. the food is ridiculously unhealthy and disgusting. Being there worsened my condition exponentially, and to this DAY, i have nightmares about gojng back, and I know I am not the only one.
    I loved it. The dual treatment is effective. The staff was helpful. It can be a little intense and felt overwhelmed until i realized that the staff is very loaded with documenting things and are observing you without knowing. A lot of group conversations. Attend AA or NA meetings every night. Food was good i gained 15 lbs in a month. If your serios about recovery the after care program was good. I have recommended it to doctors that have sent patients that also gave similar reviews.
  • Matt
    This place is the worst facility I have ever visited, waiting area was nasty, patients keep coming in but nowhere to be placed and were left in the hallway. Long wait to be admitted (over 6 a/ hours). Unprofessional staff with no sympathy and caring for patients. I am not sure why this facility is kept operating for as long as it has. I cannot wait to have my kid out of the facility. I would not recommend this facility to nobody. Carpets filled with leftover food, garbage were still in the garbage can in the rooms as they admit patients, nobody ever came by to ask whether anyone needs anything, water cooler in the hallway had no cups available, walls had not been painted for years, furniture even you want to call it that were old, thorn, and filthy. I am not sure if I saw anything positive that I could mention about this facility, I would be lying if I could tell you there was any thing positive. This facility has a long list of laundry for upgrade to make it presentable. I wished I had a hidden camera that I could take some pictures to share with you.. Staffs response about any concerns was I will get back to you in less than 5 minutes that turned out to be more than an hour or more. Facility had no beverage/snack to offer while they knew there was going to be hours of waiting. I certainly believe there are plenty of wasted time by the staff who are behind a lock door facility and will show up when a patient was arriving into the facility. I will leave you at that for now until I am done with them and see what I will charged by them for such dump!!!
  • HC
    Please take yourself or loved ones somewhere else! This place is awful! The flashlight every 15 min is impossible to sleep through even with meds...not only do they flash the light, but also bang on the wall. Staff has zero compassion and the charge and med nurses are super rude (except one!). I was sent in to detox and the doc. We got sent to our rooms for an hour thats called reflections and it seemed like a timeout! If your tired you cant nap or skip groups unless the charge nurse approves it!! Getting out of there is an entire different story!! Please consider somewhere else!!!! So much more I could share, but would be here all day!!
  • Jim
    I cannot believe the way there billing office is run. When I was checking out they said I may owe money which I already had talked to my insurance company and my deductible had been met and my zero out of pocket was in force, I told them this and they said it would be corrected and that I needed to sign the form before I could be released. In other words if you want out sign this or you are not going home. They have since turned it over to collections and I have repeatedly tried to get this straightened out with no success. Beware of paperwork! Don't sign something just to be released!
  • Tiffany
    I didn't have the choose to where they were going to send my daughter after she went to the Dr on a 10 13 call they said pea chford and I read the reviews and they were all so bad I was scared to death for my 13 year old daughter after she arrived and I got to visit her the next day to my surprise she was fine really enjoying herself and came home a different person saying yes ma'am and helping out more and really a huge turn around everyone was very nice always called me back and I was quite the crazy mom calling hour and not once were they rude to me. My daughter learned a lot there and I am forever grateful wonderful place
  • S g
    The worst place ever. Do not leave your family members ever.
  • KMR
    Horrible facility. Unprofessional. They care about billing your insurance and could care less about their patients. I’ve never seen such rude healthcare professionals in my 48yrs. They way I was treated an a parent of a minor child and the way my child was treated they need to be sued. DO NOT put your loved ones here. They will be traumatized more in this place. Such a joke and no therapy goes on here. Group therapy is a joke. Go elsewhere but not here.
  • Cason
    This place is terrible. Please don't go or send friends or family there
  • TL
    I thought the staff in 2016 were great except for one member who was terrible and I hated personally. The food was all greasy and probably not healthy at all.
  • asf
    Very disappointed in how my family member was treated. Was told on admission that the "medical" problem could be handled. But then the patient was transported to another hospital to take care of the "medical" problem. The patient expressed not wanting to be taken to another facility for something that could easily be taken care of by the staff. But was then discharged and told his medical problems could not be taken care. One of the days the patient was taken to another facility, upon return, had missed medication time, and COULD NOT get their meds( which included blood pressure). Stay was only two days.
  • Bethany
    The staff is amazing in the detox unit. They are so sweet and kind. They go out of their way to help you in all areas. my doctor twice and he is so wonderful. If I could find a sobixone Dr in my area when I leave I would have this whipped, and I am so far away from it it's impossible to drive it. I would recommend Peachford to anyone.
  • BV
    It took 4 hours to get checked in because the staff waste time in the process. They are for the most part uncaring and impersonal to the needs of the family. Little or no urgency.
  • NMicah
    This place is one of the causes of my PTSD the food was the only thing good about this place the nurses were grumpy and easily irritable the coping skills they taught were ineffective the negative demeanor everyone showed along with the fears this place gave me makes me hate it if I go here again I would give up hope forever
  • Tyler
    I was a self pay client. Right off the bat Dr. was rude and let me know that I wouldn't receive the same level of care as those with good insurance. It took him 3 days to order meds for acid reflux so that I could eat. He also tried to have me transferred to Georgia Regional. Finally after several days he decided to discharge me against the advice of my social worker because I was still suicidal. This doctor is dangerous and only looking for money!
  • JH
    If you send your loved one year you need to be thrown in jail for life. Spent time here, they also mixed up my medicine and tried to make fun of my condition. I hope this place gets shuts down.
  • Tasha
    This place is terrible, service is bad. All the staff walks around like they are doing us a favor. We are the reason why they even have a job. If you are going to this place escape and run in the ambulance
  • Jmin
    My mother, a spry healthy 72 year old woman. was in need of assistance in grieving the loss of her son and husband. We came for help at the referral of her primary care physician. She was h treated like a criminal. Not one person would return my calls, or let me see her. We were held in a holding room for 4 hours among other ppl, only to be basically arrested. The entire staff was rude to me except one person . Not one doctor or social worker returned my calls. This is the worst situation for someone seeking help that hasnt committed a crime or come in due to addiction. This is not mental health care, this is abuse of my loved one and her family.
  • Tracie
    Absolutely the worst "hospital" in have ever encountered. More of a holding cell. My son saw a doctor at most 5 minutes a day. No way to assess anything. Refused to speak with me about his issue. Said it would be unethical to get another opinion from an outside doctor. The staff were rude and unhelpful. They barked orders and commanded what you should be doing. Other staff lied to me when the got tired of my calls and inquiries. If you have anyone that needs help I strongly urge you to look elsewhere to find it as this facility will not give it to you.
  • Pj
    My sister wad placed there in sr unit. At visit found very pleasant! Staff was very nice and helpful. Place was beautifully done. My sister said she feels same. The place is wonderful and the only complaint she had so far was the food is cold when gets to her but its good.
  • CCB
    My son was an in patient for several weeks. I have great praise for the treatment he received and the help they gave him. However, the business office is another situation. I made a payment plan agreement, made the first payment and then was told that the account had been turned over to collections when I called to make the second payment! I called several times but always got the voice mail which stated they would call me back within 24-48 hours. Of course they did not. I called again today and when I asked about the payment agreement we had made the very rude person proceeded to tell me that I was supposed to pay $75 a month beginning in November when I had agreed to $100 a month beginning in December. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told that they did not have one and that there was not a Director. Moral of the story DO NOT TRUST THE BUSINESS OFFICE! They will say anything to cover their mistakes and have no concern about the patient and the effect their mistake might have on his emotional state and even his credit.
  • LH
    I DO NOT RECOMMEND PEACHFORD HOSPITAL. I was admitted for inpatientand my experience there was AWFUL. The staff is not accommodating whatsoever, they treat you as if you are not human. I would like to see the statistics of people who are actually, truly helped after being there.
  • Heather
    This place absolutely made a difference in my life.
  • CS
    Check other hospitals prior to admitting your child here. You will rarely receive feedback. No return calls and if your child does not want to attend therapy, they are left alone.
  • Bernard
    I took time off from my job to stay at the facility from 08/12/2017 to 08/22/2017 for mental health reasons. Upon my arrival on day one I attempted to give my case worker and doctor the FMLA ( Family Medical Leave Act ) paperwork so that I could take FMLA time off from my job. I gave the paperwork to my doctor on day one. I reminded my doctor numerous times and my case worker numerous times that my employer needed the information back from them. Upon my discharge they had failed to deliver or share the FMLA information with my employer. After approximately 30 days removed from the facility I went on Peachford's website and sent communication reminding them of the need for the paperwork. Approximately two months later I went back on Peachford's website and communicated with them about the need for the FMLA information. They still had not provided the needed information. Finally, they responded to my communication stating they would pass my request on to the director of Social Services. Still, at that time they had failed to provide the information. Finally after 2 and 1/2 months my employer denied my request for FMLA because Peachford refused to provide the needed information. I am not sure if it was incompetence or lack of care yet there is no valid reason they could not provide FMLA information to my employer for my leave of absence.
  • Viviane V.G.
    THIS IS THE WORST PLACE THAT YOU CAN SEND SOMEONE. I CAN GO AND ON ABOUT THE RUDENESS, THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION, LACK OF COMPASSION. BUT RIGHT NOW I AM LEAVING A NIGHTMARE. MY SON WAS DISCHARGED TODAY. ACTUALLY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YESTERDAY, BUT WHEN I ASKED " I CAN'T GET THERE RIGHT NOW, I LIVE OUT-OF-TOWN" THE NURSE SAID "WE CAN LEAVE HIM IN A HOMELESS SHELTER" OH GREAT, I THOUGHT I HAD SENT HIM TO BE SAFE, BUT I GUESS YOU GET THE MONEY FOR THE WEEK AND WHO CARES WHERE THE PATIENT GOES WHEN HE LEAVES THE HOSPITAL. "IS HE UNDER ANY MEDICATION?" "IDON'T KNOW", SAYS THE NURSE. OMG! HOW CAN I HAVE SOMEBODY COMING FROM 5 DAYS OF DETOX WITH NO MEDICINE, AND THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE PROFESSIONAL ONES. I asked to talk to the doctor (who btw never talked to us). I talked to one yesterday and we agreed that he would stay until today and get medicine until the end of the month. He was very clear with me that he would have his medicine. I picked up my son this afternoon at the hospital, traveled two hours back home and when I get home, he doesn't have his medicine, we have a prescription that no drugstore has. We have spent two hours driving around and looking for drugstores that have this in stock. Absolutely the worst nightmare after spending a week in a mental hospital. So , now my son leaft the house, probably to self medicate himself. Never in my life I saw a medical place that totally doesn't care about the patient. Do not go to this place.
  • Lisa Lane
    The doctor told my husband who has been 1013'd for 5 days that if he doesn't take Seroquil (which is NOT prescribed by his primary doctor) that he will not get out and he will commit suicide if he does not take it. He took him off of his 200mg Effexor and put him on 37.5mg which is very dangerous. He constantly suffered from brain zaps, numbness, and memory loss. Those medical concerns are not being treated by the doctor. I called his primary psychiatrist and he is also concerned of his well being. He tried contacting the doctor, but can not get a response. He has been compliant through his 72 hour observation and has gotten an OK from his counselor and social worker. The only person that will not sign off is the doctor. I think he may have a personal problem with my husband, but that is no reason to keep him confined. I am afraid we have to file a lawsuit to get this figured out.
  • D B
    This is the WORST PLACE!!! My child was admitted on a Friday. I called to speak with a. Doctor regarding her wellness I NEVER got a call ! In believable they called and told me she was ready to come home Thursday after 7 days I called to speak with. Supervisor or patient advocates everyday I still haven't heard from them the only call I got was a discharge call. I'm still trying to find out how can this happen my child came home worst then when she was admitted to the place. I'm going to be heard it a in humane place HORRIBLE PEOPLE GETTING PAID FOR NOTHING!!!!
  • LC
    Proactive family deeply involved in our child's wellbeing. This hospital will not return calls. My child has not attended therapy sessions as staff states they cannot 'make them go'. You will not hear from your child's case manager. Good luck trying to speak to your child's psychiatrist. Presently filing complaint with The Joint Commission and also with GA Dept of Community Health. Parents, document everything if you send your child here. Names, dates and times. It may come in handy.
  • GJ
    You will never receive a straight answer when you ask how your child is doing. You will not receive a call back from a nurse or your child's psychiatrist. Your child will not attend therapy sessions if they do not want to. Not just one, but many. Your child will be left without treatment. I was told once by one worker that they have 50 or so kids and once by anther that there are 40+ children when asked where my child has been all day. If you do not call before 3p.m., nursing staff will not be able to inform you of how your child has done for the day. Best advice I can give you: Get a notebook and document every time, date and person you speak to and what they say. You will need it.
  • CC
    Whatever you do, do not check yourself into this place and avoid going here at all costs. Protocol is completely inappropriate. A social worker here is completely irresponsible and was not reachable my entire stay. As well as during my stay I asked for a note for school and told I would have a copy provided. That was not the case. Now I'm trying to call to get a school note and they can't reach anyone capable of providing me with one because they said a social worker is not answering a page. Communication between different levels of staff is almost non existent. If you call you'll most likely be transferred multiple times and than end up with a voicemail of someone who will not get back to you in a normal time frame and if you're in the facility you pretty much only have access to nurses who know absolutely nothing and have NO communication with your social worker or doctor which are the only people even capable of helping you, but don't count on ever seeing them or if you do don't count on it being longer than 5 minutes .For at least 7 plus hours a day your put in a room with 35 women or more to do nothing but watch tv and color. Whatever you do avoid this facility at all costs no matter what your reasoning is. Get help somewhere else.
  • AM
    They may have to put both front ladies into the facility themselves! RUDE! You can't ask anything without getting an attitude in return. No one tells you what's going on with your minor age child. I don't know how this place operates!
  • T.O.
    The Counselor who attended to my son was beyond rude to me and talked down to my son. She was inconsiderate and was barking out orders like I was back on the plantation Very unprofessional and the center had no one in place to tackle complaints.
  • Roger
    Our interview was a very unpleasant experience, to say the least. We were trying to provide about our loved one and also to get information and it was like being interrogated by the police. Ignored direct questions, said she wasn't interested in our opinions, a really bizaare and upsetting experience.
  • CK
    Being in here felt like a prison. Nobody listened. They don't care about you. I was locked in a room all day and the only "treatment" I got was being asked how I felt in the morning and in the afternoon. Every so often there would be "group therapy", which, again, only consisted of asking us how we felt. We only had a set of uno cards to pass the time.
  • Bekah D
    Peachford was amazing! They helped our adolescent out and gave her the medical stabilization that she needed. They were always available for me to call and discuss her progress. We will forever be grateful for all of the staff at Peachford.
  • D.
    Simple peachford gave me my life back.
  • Debbie
    This happens to be the worst treatment center besides black bear in the united states.staff is disrespectful and degrading to pts.facility is so nasty, filthy there is really no words to express my stay.
  • KM
    First of all, front desk workers. RUDE!!!! One of the workers at the front desk kept flipping the television while I was waiting to see my wife and I told her I was watching that and she didnt care. 2nd of all, got back to the family counseling room to a meeting with the social worker and there gnats flying all over the room and maggits on the office floor. My wife was due to get out after driving clean across the state, I get there and find out the Doctor was rude to my wife. I will be filing a complaint with the Georgia medical board along with the health department.
  • SB
    We were not impressed at all with the care that our family member received. The facility and profesionals and doctors lump all patients in to the same group regardless of need or severity of treatment. Complete misdiagnosis and failure to admit the lack of knowledge of the patient. The experience our family had at this facility was horrible from start to finish.
  • Meaghan
    This place is an absolute mess. They not only did not help my condition (bipolar/anxiety) it was actually worsened during my stay there...when I asked for an advil I was berated by the meds nurse because she \"already had too much work to do\" . so much that she couldn\'t supply me with a simple advil... Also other than rest or sleep time we were not allowed in our rooms, which is fair enough to prevent you from sleeping the whole day, but the only bathrooms available to us are IN our rooms! no outside bathrooms. So every time you had to go you had to piss off a nurse to unlock your room just to simply pee and they would take their sweet time. The accommodations were nice enough but the staff and the doctors took away from this and did not help me at all. I had to be hospitalized again but this time I went to Ridgeview in Smryna and it was a MILLION times better. I wouldn\'t take my dying dog there, much less a loved one. If I could I would give this absolute sink hole of a hospital a 0
  • JRQ
    Terrible treatment, food, caretaking methods, and the stigma on it is 100% true.
  • TH
    My child left with enormous anxiety, witnessed fights,...
  • SE
    OMG!!Some of the nursing staff are so cruel.. My whole experience in this facility, made me worst mentally....These people only care about money not the care and safety of the patients.
  • DL
    My 16 year old daughter went in for treatment for depression/suicide and was there for a week. When she was discharged, she came out with a boyfriend that the staff apparently knew about and didn\'t discourage. Completely unacceptable.
  • Cw
    Totally disgusting... Liar mobile negotiator was this one woman.
  • Mark
    This facility does not hire professionals. My daughter was here for several days asking for assistance with placement of where she would go after her discharge. The social worker waited until the day of her discharge to begin coming up with a plan. This was way too late and has put the burden on family members to make choices that are neither good for us or our daughter. The weekend social worker blamed the weekday social worker. The doctor at Peachford prescribed medicine that is not acceptable to the lodge or outpatient programs offered at Peachford, yet this was the ONLY program the social worker was recommending on the day of her discharge. Once they became aware of the disconnect in their stories, the social worker quit trying, did not follow thru with me on two other options that she had committed to working with my daughter on, and she left work. Next phone call I received was from my daughter saying she was being discharged.For a hospital to receive money from a good insurance plan that we have and act this unprofessional is unacceptable. This place deserves to be shut down and sold to anot her company who can actually hire professional employees.
  • plb
    this place was horrifying. the food is absolute crud. the mha\'s & nurses were all so rude, with thee exception of a few. this place does not help you get better.
    please, don\'t send your loved ones here. They deserve better than that unclean and unprofessional institution.
  • Robert
    This place is a total crud hole. This is not the place to come or bring your loved ones. I am working right now from there parking lot to get her the heck out of here! This place should not even be allowed to operate! I am going to contact any and everyone in this state Monday morning and reporting this place to all the proper authorities! AGAIN do notch e here for yourself and do not put your family members here!
  • Fy
    Guy yelled at me first day and then refused to help me. Don\'t recommend this place for anybody!
  • RF
    One of the outpatient program addiction therapist's was good.Large hospital like setting. Patients' admittance to facility ranged from voluntary to involuntary. If your are willing to put the work in, the outpatient therapy can be life-changing.
  • Kenneth
    Cleanness patient interaction Getting supplyy to patients on a timely matter Good facility for people with certain problems other problems not so good.
    Some staff is good Many victim's treatment does not have the desired result. (Relapse, Suicide, etc.) This treatment facility was less than good. Other facilities after this one seemed to have better treatment, as well as more success post-treatment, including myself. Many attendants of this facility do not become well after treatment.
    Too structured, I got sent to a mental hospital. It was boring and not very helpful
    Safety for the employees Safety for the patients nasty no kindness or care from employees i lost 17lbs in a week due to not being able to eat their food. Peachford of atlanta ga is worse than a jail. Its nasty, the employees are horrible to the patients, the food is disgusting.
    Trusting, supportive environment where patients' best interests are top priority Dated buildings, some therapists have some abrasive personality quirks You largely use other patients as support resources, and the hospital as facilitated an atmosphere of trust & support that manifests itself in the patients.
    Art therapy, music therapy, dbt, cbt, able to go outside Makes you wait too long to be evaluated, locks all belongings up, staff at front are irresponsible and aloof. It was an okay experience, some of the staff were friendly, the others weren't. Waiting for admission takes an eternity, and service didn't meet my expectations. It could be better.
    Number of staff, professionalism of staff. The staff was very professional and helpful. They kept us informed of our child's progress throughout treatment.
    very effective, wide range of options, convenient location could be hard to find Stevie Ray Vaughan was treated here and found sobriety after being in a near-death state.
    They offer a safe and nurturing environment for children, adolescents, adults and seniors to find hope and healing from emotional, psychiatric and addictive diseases, quiet and peaceful. small Helps people of all ages. The famous guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughn was treated here. He was in very poor health. The treatment he received at this facility very likely saved his life.
    Care was good. Food was not very good.
    experts and professional. it's not about the money; they are really there for you. I was very confident and motivated that they would help me through my addiction and they did; and they did.
    Location Tolerance Was well kept care of also had great physician care
    Clean Need more people Very clean.
    therapy and rehab food overall was good, done what was needed
    Professional Staff Waiting area could be nicer Nice facility, clean
  • Alexis
    Do notsend your family members here! I was A patient, all they want is your money, they don\'t care if you get better. I almost lost my mind there! It is no help once oh ever!!
  • ar
    This place is a joke! Money is the only thing this place is concerned with!!!
  • AM
    I just left this heck hole. Calling it a treatment center is a joke. One bathroom for 40 women to use during the day. The nurses never came out of their office. Most of the staff were very rude with the exception of a few. Nurses showed no compassion for patients. Forget being able to sleep at night. The place stunk, there were people yelling and screaming constantly not the the place to be if you have anxiety. I\'ve never been to prison, but I can\'t imagine it being much different.
  • JD
    i came there last year after a suicide attempt. i was lucky enough to get there and immediately got hooked up with a great Psychiatrist. The staff was very professional and very nice. the cafeteria is really good. they keep the rooms extremely cold. i learned a lot while being there and i hope never to return there, but if something happens, this is the place i would like to go back to
  • abc
    It has been about six years since I was in Peachford and I am still trying to get over it. .The whole place is geared to drug rehabilitation which was not my problem. The staff was extremely callous And rude and treated The patients like prisoners.I checked myself in hoping to get help I firmly believe this hospital needs to be closed And investigated For possible criminal activity.
  • Personal
    Peachford Hopsital in Atlanta, GA was the most unprofessional, unsupportive, uneffective \"jail\" one could be associated with. The assigned doctor was disguishing, and prescribed the WRONG medication for me. I am not a drug addict nor do I use alcohol, but the doctor put a \"label\" on me as being bipolar, of which, is completely incorrect.
  • jw
    this is a no bull. For therapy they do trivial pursuit and karaoke. food is alright if you like fresh from the freezer. no sign of therapy anywhere. in any form. the VA sent me here.
  • WJB
    If you have Anixiey Disorder this is not the place for you. You will get worse. Go to a private psychiatrist or therapist. The mixed group therapy is not appropriate for Anixiey
  • TM
    Run! A family member is there and I am appalled. Had a family meeting, they asked fluff questions, but could not or would not provide me with any information about what treatment had been administered since admission 5 days ago. This patient is 90 years old and this is the first time the facility has contacted the family for input. Promised a doctor would see the patient and contact me during that visit today. That didn\'t happen. Calling the hospital for info is a joke. They will not give any information regarding how to contact doctors. And they are rude about it. The issues and concerns I have are numerous, I\'ll just sum it up by saying if someone tells you an elderly loved one is going to Peachford, DO NOT allow it. Georgia law makers have committed a grave injustice to our citizens by basically privatizing mental health services. The related information I\'ve found in the last few days is horrifying.
  • A J
    My first cousin is in Peachford. I live in Toronto, Canada. I tried leaving him this message: Happy Birthday, yesterday, as Dec. 7th is his Birthday. Staff refused, and the same today. A hospital which can\'t give the patient a Happy Birthday message. ReallY?
  • Cynthia
    This place kept me a total of 209 hours when I was a voluntary check in. Also, I had thyroid cancer removed shortly before the admittance during assessments and when I meet the doctor and the medical staff, they refused a copyo my medical records. I was NOT given my meds as promised, I had a migraine and asked them to call the medical director at North Fulton. I ask to speak to another staff member and getting no where with the patients advocate.
    This is a place to be when you are in need. They are swift at getting people in, but they are understaffed.
    They have caring employees who you can tell like helping others in their time of need. My daughter was brought there when she was involved in a situation/time where she was "cutting" herself. They helped her see that she could live a good life without harming herself. The only downfall was that they had little visitation.
    This facility was doctor recommended. They provided family visitation and classes.
  • HEP
    It brought up things that I had bottled up for years.
    The group and individual therapies were great. However, there was not enough time devoted to individual therapy with physician. The staff was excellent but I would recommend more quality time be scheduled with an individual counselor or physician to delve into issues that may be uncomfortable sharing in a group setting.
  • Heather
    It is an overall good facility. They have good food. However, some of their non-clinical staff members are rude.
    They're always there to help you with anything.
  • DB
    I felt that they pressured patients to take medicine, those with a mental illness or not. Only strength is that the facility was clean.
  • Michael
    Detox was great to feel healthier, but if I just went to detox and not the PHP aftercare program I would of already relapsed. They saved my life. They were understaffed and some of the employees were rude.
    Terrible experience, would never repeat. There was a lack of respect for patients.
  • Joy
    The staff was terrible, too busy flirting with other staffers than doing their job.
  • anonymous
    This was just the beginning for us with my son. Not sure what to think, seeing this was the first time we had to deal with something like this and so there for we were new to all this
  • anonymous
    This was a scary lonesome place . Poorly staffed...Was the worst experience of my life. It was a meat market. You had to be there to know how bad it was. I was terrified.
  • VGM