Pinnacle Peak Recovery in Scottsdale, AZ

(5 of 5)
8070 E Morgan Trail # 200
Scottsdale AZ 85283

Pinnacle Peak Recovery Philosophy

Pinnacle Peak Recovery provides a comprehensive approach to overcoming chemical dependency, alcoholism, process addictions and co-occurring mental health disorders by providing nationally recognized evidence-based treatment options in a safe, confidential, and supportive environment. Our services consist of Extended Care Treatment, Outpatient Treatment, Family Programs, and Alumni Services.

• Medical Detoxification
    Drugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

Non-12 Step Alternative Approach

Kaleigh Hunsaker

Executive Director

As Executive Director, Kaleigh oversees the operations and administrative departments at Pinnacle Peak Recovery. Kaleigh previously served as Pinnacle Peak’s Director of Operations. In her new role, Kaleigh uses her remarkable organizational and leadership skills to manage housing, transportation, admissions and special events.

“I believe a foundational aspect of healing is for our clients to feel comfortable and secure in their living situation,” said Kaleigh. She is committed to creating a safe and comfortable space so clients can transition into a place of healing and lifelong recovery. Kaleigh inspires her team to create that space. As part of this process she helps people set expectations for their future living environments. She also enhances their sense of responsibility and pride in making living arrangements. “This prepares them for life outside of Pinnacle Peak Recovery,” says Kaleigh.

Kaleigh further contributes to the recovery community by facilitating 12-Step meetings in hospitals and other health institutions. In her free time, she enjoys playing softball and volleyball.

Ashlea Taylor, MAS-MFT, LMFT

Clinical Director

Ashlea is the Clinical Director for Pinnacle Peak Recovery. In this role, she manages the clinical staff and organizes and creates therapy curriculum to meet the unique needs of each person who walks through the door at Pinnacle Peak Recovery. Her broad experience includes being a shift supervisor at a crisis psychiatric hospital, program supervisor, and marriage and family therapist.

Pinnacle Peak Recovery is like a large family. To that end, we strongly encourage acceptance and growth. We also work to help people feel comfortable with themselves and their surroundings. In this environment, one can truly become themselves.

You also will find that the environment is laughter and fun filled. “I strongly believe in a community/family approach, to therapy and that laughter is a key part of recovery. My goal is for clients to feel like they are a part of something and to create their own goals. From there, they learn how to find their own solutions,” remarked Taylor. “Through our holistic approach to healing the mind, body, and soul, we give clients the opportunity to understand who they are and who they are within the world. We then help them gain the tools they need to be successful in recovery and to meet their goals in life,” said Ashlea.

Ashlea earned both a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and an Advanced Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy from Arizona State University. She is a licensed marriage and family therapist. In her free time, she enjoys a bevy of activities. These include spending time with family, going to the movies and concerts, and being involved in church and community organizations. She also enjoys being a member of Sigma Gamma Rho Incorporated, whose vision is to enhance the quality of life for women and their families in the U.S. and globally through community service, civil, and social action. She’s also a bit of a foodie.

ABOUT PINNACLE PEAK RECOVERY

Located in Scottsdale, Ariz., Pinnacle Peak Recovery is an upscale treatment center that offers outpatient and residential programs for adults struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring issues. Detoxification is available on-site.

According to the center’s website, to treat the underlying causes of addictive behavior, Pinnacle Peak Recovery utilizes a number of evidence-based treatment modalities, including cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT). These treatment approaches are designed to modify behavior, regulate emotions, and increase mindful thinking through participation in individual and group counseling sessions.

To address issues of trauma, the facility also uses eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EDMR), which helps clients to process trauma in a way that minimizes distress. Medication-assisted therapy may also be utilized to cut cravings and alleviate psychiatric symptoms associated with co-occurring disorders.

According to information provided by the facility, clients are also introduced to 12-step fellowship, which may include attending meetings and performing associated step-work. Pinnacle Peak Recovery also incorporates a range of experiential therapies, including equine therapy, yoga, Tai Chi, outdoor activities, role-playing, meditation, and artistic expression.

Following treatment at Pinnacle Peak Recovery, clients are highly encouraged to participate in aftercare services, in which clients continue to meet with a therapist weekly for one-on-one counseling sessions.

The center’s website indicates Pinnacle Peak Recovery employs clinicians, therapists, and case managers experienced in the field of addiction and the process of recovery.

The homelike, 32-bed living facility provides luxury accommodations, according to the center’s website. Residents enjoy private bedrooms, an on-site pool, communal spaces with upscale furnishings, whirlpool-style tubs, and full kitchens. While residing in the facility, clients also have full access to an LA Fitness gym, and the program facilitates hiking and climbing excursions as part of wilderness therapy.

To date, the three alumni polled by Rehabs.com provided positive feedback of their experiences at Pinnacle Peak Recovery.

Alum Edward gave the center five out of five stars for overall treatment effectiveness and accommodations. “Great program! Great staff! My life is better now than it has been in a long time,” he wrote. Alum Norman echoed this opinion. “Super grateful for this program and all the staff!” he commented.

Alum E.E. gave the center top marks, and credited it with saving their life.

The four people who left Google Reviews for Pinnacle Peak Recovery at the time of this writing also had positive experiences with the center. They all rated the facility five out of five stars, and provided very positive commentary.[1]

“Since completing this program, I got my family back, started working and finally achieved long term sobriety,” an alum wrote on Google. “I am eternally grateful for what this program has done for me.”

The sole family member to submit a review to Rehabs.com at the time of this writing agreed with alumni opinions. Lisa, a parent of a client, commented: “The staff at Pinnacle Peak truly care and I believe they saved my son's life!”

The facility accepts a private insurance plans and offers financial assistance (up to 60 percent of covered costs) for eligible clientele.

1. https://goo.gl/GFoFgF

Published on April 2017

I am a former client of Pinnacle Peak Recovery and the program literally saved my life; helped start the process of healing my family, my relationship. The way they run groups is one of my favorite things about this place. Each group only has give or take 8 people in them instead of every single client in one room together. I noticed and felt everyone had the chance to talk and heal and no one could go unnoticed or just "coast" through. Everyone of the staff members always took time to help me, guide me through a difficult time, Give me direction; they truly cared. For the first time in recovery I worked on not just physically getting better by stopping using herion, meth etc, but I had the opportunity to go to the gym with PPR 5 days a week. Working on my physical health, being able to buy my own healthy good, 'ake my own meals and work out, along with my emotional mental and spiritual has made such a huge difference in my attitude and recovery over all!

Great service. My life is now back on track and the family is back on my life! Super grateful for this program and all the staff!

Great program! Great staff! My life is better now than it has been in a long time! If you are looking to get a fresh start in life give them a call!

Pinnacle Peak Recovery was recommended to our family through an Interventionist. Our son agreed to go to treatment in January. He recently completed the program and I am happy to report he has done a complete 180! The staff at Pinnacle Peak truly care and I believe they saved my son's life!

Scottsdale Recovery Center