Social Model Recovery Services- Royal Palms in Los Angeles, CA

Call (877) 507-6242 to Contact Social Model Recovery Services- Royal Palms

360 South Westlake Avenue
Los Angeles CA 90057

Social Model Recovery Services- Royal Palms Philosophy

The Mary Lind – Royal Palms Recovery Center for men offers a structured, six-month residential recovery program with 12-step meetings, anger management, substance-abuse education and individual counseling. Clients, some of whom face illiteracy and unemployment, also participate in adult education classes, and computer and vocational training to prepare them for entry into the work force, and to better support their long-term recovery.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Individual Counseling

Vocational Guidance

Curriculums in Parenting

ABOUT SOCIAL MODEL RECOVERY CENTERS – ROYAL PALMS

Social Model Recovery Centers, formerly Mary Lind Recovery Centers, is a nonprofit organization operating 12 substance abuse treatment centers in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. One of those is the Royal Palms Recovery House, an all-male long-term residential rehabilitation program located in Westlake in eastern Los Angeles — one of the 48.6 percent of rehabs in California that offers some form of dedicated programming for men. Detox is not available at this facility.

Each client is assigned a personal counselor, who develops an individualized treatment plan. The duration of a client's stay depends on his personal circumstances. Programming is heavily rooted in the 12-Steps (which are used at 78.3 percent of California-based rehabs). Individuals attend daily, on-site self-help meetings, seek sponsors, and engage in fellowship "step-work."

In addition to 12-Step, residents attend mandatory daily group therapy sessions as well as weekly individual counseling and case management sessions. To help them integrate recovery into their lives, clients are also encouraged to arrange regular visits from their loved ones.

Royal Palms aims to prepare its clients for life after treatment through life skills education, family reunification sessions, and anger management workshops. Clients are also supplied with vocational and occupational training programs, such as computer skills training and certification, and are encouraged to seek out vocational and education opportunities in the community, including GED classes. Referrals are also provided for the DMV, medical services, and other community resources.

Throughout the duration of their stay, clients also engage in both recreational and community service activities. Discharge planning is essential to all care plans and includes referrals to community resources after discharge.

The staff includes counselors and case managers, whose exact credentials aren't provided at the time of this writing. The single individual polled by Rehabs.com to date on the staff's level of training and experience gave it five out of five stars, and the two individuals polled on the level of staff support also gave perfect five-star ratings in this category.

Residents live in a five-story building flanked by palm trees, and are expected to complete housework and other chores as part of their training in life skills. The three individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center's cleanliness gave it a four-star rating and two five-star ratings.

Both of the alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date gave very positive feedback. There was little overlap between the reviews: "Food,staff, gym, classes everything about this place is a blessing," Alvin wrote, while the anonymous reviewer added: "Clean, well maintained and respectful treatment staff. Care about people's recovery and their progress after discharge." The anonymous reviewer was also polled on the facility's performance in a variety of areas, offering five-star ratings for the center's family participation and ability to treat co-occurring disorders, as well as four stars for its holistic offerings and counseling options.

Royal Palms has mostly positive feedback on secondary sites, with average ratings of 4.5 out of five stars based on 22 opinions on Facebook, which the facility may manage, and 4.5 out of five stars based on 39 reviews on Google, as well as a one-star rating and a five-star rating on Yelp.[1] [2] [3] The small handful of negative reviews repeatedly cited unhygienic conditions and uncaring staff. "Lukewarm showers, rude staff, and bedbugs. Do not recommend," Jake wrote in a representative negative comment on Facebook.

However, these comments were outnumbered by reviews from people reported the facility was overall effective. "This place is great. Pretty much saved my life. Really works, only if you're serious about recovery," Christian wrote in a typical comment on Google.

The two loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date gave polarized feedback. "Helped my husband get clean which was straining our marriage," wrote one anonymous reviewer, giving the center five stars in most of the evaluated treatment metrics, including its holistic offerings, family involvement, and treatment for both addiction and mental health conditions.

However, loved one D.L. wrote: "This place is Horrible. Don't let your loved one go there!! Always About the Money," adding that his son was allegedly kicked out of treatment to make space for more lucrative clients — a claim not reflected in any other reviews uncovered by Rehabs.com.

At the time of this writing, Social Model Recovery Services doesn't list pricing or insurance coverage for the Royal Palms, though other facilities in the network accept Medi-Cal and private insurance. In addition, the cost of treatment at Royal Palms is subsidized by both the state and the county. The single individual polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center's affordability gave it five out of five stars. Social Model Recovery Services is among the 35.2 percent of California organizations to accept Med-Cal.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-Palms-Recovery-Home/169872049692903
[3] https://www.yelp.com/biz/royal-palms-recovery-home-los-angeles?osq=royal+palms

Published on November 2018

I spent nine months at the Royal Palms, I was homeless from the Midwest was trying to get a bus ticket home at the Beverly Center and they told me about the Royal Palms. I was there three months got kicked out Came back was there six months got kicked out both times for drinking. In order for me to stay there I had to get on GR which is California Public aid. My overall experience there was positive although I didn’t really get clean there. I got my GED while I was there wish I wouldn’t still very grateful for you but the whole time I was there I pretty much used meth alcohol and marijuana. We would smoke meth in our rooms we would go out drinking on the weekends it was basically just a place to live for free and I got fed. I can’t say anything Negative about the Royal Palms. I did not get sobriety there but it did plant a seed and I did later become a member of Alcoholics Anonymous, I took advantage of the Royal Palms I did how to percent and I will always be grateful for them for planting the seed of sobriety so overall I have fond memories of the royal palms and their staff.

Greatest decision I've made in my life. 31 days sober 34 yrs old. Food,staff, gym, classes everything about this place is a blessing. I was a drunk and a meth head but now I have the drive to get my life back in order. Once finish the process and get my life back I'm gonna come back and speak at the panel. Thanks Royal Palms 😀 I haven't been sober in years actually since I was a teenager. One day at a time is our model. We also pray together after every meeting. Thank you God for this place

So many Promises...Funny how they kick out the ones that truly want a chance at a new life and put their trust in a place that puts money first..Kick out the AB 109 men who have tested clean every time and feel they have a new lease on life and the higher uppers decide they can make more money pulling the homeless drug addicts off the streets and putting them on MediCal so the profits go up. Problem is they don't want to be sober. They get their drugs and then OD and die. This place is Horrible. Don't let your loved one go there!! Always About the Money..Someone needs to look into this!!Thank You Jesus my son vowed to stay sober (and still is) and got out of that house!!! AGAIN DON'T LET YOUR LOVED ONE GO TO THIS PLACE!!!!

Clean, well maintained and respectful treatment staff. Care about people's recovery and their progress after discharge. The admitting procedure was good and the house rules clearly outlined.

Helped my husband get clean which was straining our marriage. I visit him and forgave him and want him in my life.

This was no frills recovery, more of a group approach, a definite learning experience..On June 15th 2014 I celebrated 21 years C&S.