United Recovery Project

5900 Johnson St, Hollywood, Florida, 33021

4.7

About United Recovery Project

The United Recovery Project has been designed to maximize the recovery potential for clients of all backgrounds in a nurturing, supportive setting. We believe that there is hope for anyone struggling with an addiction. We provide a small client to therapist ratio in order to ensure the highest quality of care possible. We offer a safe environment where clients are taught how to effectively deal with everyday challenges, including past failed attempts at discovering solutions. Our therapists and counselors utilize a variety of treatment modalities in order to provide clients with the tools they need to achieve long-term sobriety. By understanding each client’s unique differences, our clinicians tailor individual treatment programs to achieve the highest level of wellness on the road to recovery.

Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Eating Disorder Treatment

Many mental health professionals view eating disorders (including anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorder, along with other dysfunctional eating patterns) as a food addiction – in that food is used in ways other than as fuel or a source of pleasure. Some, but not all, addiction treatment programs include eating disorder treatment as part of the service menu. Also, an eating disorder may be a dual-diagnosis or a co-occurring disorder with drug or alcohol addiction.

• Staff with 100+ years of recovery
  • Yoga & Meditation
  • Expressive Arts

4.7/5
    4.7/5
    4.8/5
    4.6/5

• S.L.
    I feel like URP gave me all the tools i will need to succeed in my recovery
  • J.H.
    fantastic, healing
  • R.O.
    ive been to multiple treatments prior to this one and there all warehouse, textbook, money making oriented. this facility is real and to the point no bullshit straight up experience driving.
  • H.W.
    i had a very positive experience at u.r.p. I am very grateful for being extended a scholarship to this facility and all employees genuinely cared about me. I was able to build a strong foundation for my personal recovery and am excited for what the future may bring.
  • A.S.
    The staff and facility were great. I felt very comfortable during my stay.
  • N.G.
    I really appreciate the BHTs. The BHT's are my favorite part.
  • S.W.
    I have no regrets. I would do this treatment all over again because it opened the door to a new life, a new perspective and a new ME the me that i was always ment to be.
  • K.C.
    amazing program. program is different than all others, loving and caring staff as well.
  • J.D.
    overall my experience was great and informative. professional and helpful.
  • T.D.
    Treatment at the facility was amazing. Personal sessions once a week, and primary groups were extremely effective. Strengths: Making sure that clients have the tools needed to live in the 'real world' and live comfortably on their own. Weakness: I wish i was able to keep my family updated more. 2 10 minute phone calls a week are NOT long enough
  • B.C.
    For me it really helped me get to know my true self and really dig down deeep and figure out what was wrong with me
  • Jeanine
    This program has saved my life. I went to this facility feeling worthless and alone. As soon as I arrived at the facility and I started feeling better. The staff members and the owner of the facility made me feel at home and apart of a new family. I learned a lot about myself at this program and worked one on one with a therapist to learn about myself and why I was abusing substances for as long as I did. I now have 2 years sober and have a life beyond my wildest dreams. If I didn't go to United Recovery Project I would not be where I am today. They gave me the tools to stay sober, life skills, and made me feel worthy. I am so grateful for this program and the staff at United Recovery Project.
  • DJ
    Do not go here. The luxury housing they speak of is no luxury. For the women the have 19 women in one house. Once you get in they will not let you out. They will hold all of your credit cards & phone for 3 days. That means that if you decide to leave you are on the streets of Florida with no money, id or credit cards so you ar basically homeless for 3 days. When you get your belongings after 3 days you will not get all of your belongings. This is not luxury. Maybe a luxury house that is rundown; the walls have black marks on them, the floors are stained, the refrigerators that you are assigned to with 4 or 5 other people didn't work in my case and I was there for 30 days. There is no medical staff at the houses. I saw one girl in the house have a seizure because they took her seizure medication from her. Then they wouldn't offer her medical treatment. They have one nurse from 9 - 3:3 M-F to take care of 80 people. I could go on and on. They probably won't publish this review because it is true.
  • Julia
    Although I did a ton of research before I decided to go... this was not the program I was told I was going to. My poor rating is based heavily on the fact I was brokered into URP which was not appropriate for me at all. I spoke to someone from the Addict's Diary who got me approved and my deductible scholarshipped into southern Florida's Luxury United Recovery Project....NOTHING Luxury about it... more like Real World "Heroin Edition"!! The pictures I was sent were not where I ended up. Complete insurance fraud. I went for PTSD- There was no quiet time at all. There was a beat up wrecked echoing house full of addicts yelling and somebody having a fit every minute. You attend drug classes every day and Narcotics Anonymous classes each night. I ended up having to leave against medical advice because they will keep you there as long as your insurance will pay- 2 months, 3 months etc. do your research on patient/body brokering before you go. I had never heard of it!
  • R.G.
    All the staff was very understanding and accommodating. Strength: I would say for me the individualized therapy was the best. Weakness: The size of some groups.
  • C.D.
    Excellent. Strengths: staff, groups, individual therapy, music therapy, yoga, meditation, community
  • A.C.
    URP completely changed my life for the better. The wide variety of different counseling therapy, and speakers they have come in has helped tremendously with my recovery. They need more than 2 bathrooms at the center.
  • A.R.
    Community at the facility along with staff and treatment facilitators gave me the tools I need and suggestions to excel and conquer this disease. quality therapy- getting at the heart of the issues and reasons for using, great staff, excellent community.
  • Nathan
    It's definitly been the best treatment i've went to so far, the staff cares, they actually care about their clients. This program saved my life! Great staff, great groups, a lot of insight into recovery, good community, good therapists.
  • WM
    Don’t go here. They hold you hostage by keeping your license & credit cards. They also try to keep you for longer than what you agreed to complete. One person still in there has been kept for over 50 days. I honestly do not know why these ratingls are so high. I was in a house with 19 women. They took away someone’s seizure medication & they had a seizure at all AA meetiing. They area very unorganized. I could go on & on about the negatives. Don’t believe these reviews or anything on their website.
  • Meghan
    It was a great program all the staff were amazing and helped me change my life
  • Andrew
    The staff was helpful with their experience in recovery between the techs and therapists.
  • Aidan
    United Recovery Project is an excellent facility that thoroughly addresses all clients needs and has an excellent aftercare program.
    My loved one went here first time for over 2 months for alcoholism, 2nd time for depression. She has now racked up over $200,000.00 in charges that WILL NEVER BE PAID BACK. BUT THEY TOLD HER SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY IT BACK. REALLY??? Bunch of liars. My thought is, teach her something. She goes to the beach everyday and learns nothing. This place is a racket.
  • Christina
    They truly do care about us, this place is a fantastic way to get away from the daily hustle.They take you to do something fun every weekend and yet keep you busy with meetings and classes. After going here, You will seriously consider moving to Florida.
  • JM
    Very disappointed in the admissions process. We got the sales pitch on a Monday night and my son was scheduled to fly down the following day from NY. No one told us that there was no bed available in detox and that detoxing at a different facility and entering inpatient treatment and entering their facility was not allowed.My sons info was given to another completely different treatment without our consent which is a HIPPA violation. The different treatment center misrepresented themselves as part of United Recovery Project but was an entirely separate entity called Our Solutions Recovery.
    Official Response

JM, thank you for your feedback. United Recovery Project is not in the business of sales. We are a family program that has one purpose - to help addicts and alcoholics recover from the disease of addiction. Our admissions protocol states that in the event that we do not have space for an incoming patient, it is our responsibility and duty to ensure the person receives the care that they need. We only refer patients to Joint Commission Accredited Facilities that hold the highest standard of accreditation in the nation. Please feel free to contact me directly: patrick@unitedrecoveryproject.com

The treatment offered help tremendously, the staff was amazing. the therapy and groups were great, staff was amazing. It would have been helpful if we had massage therapy and more yoga.
  • T
    This is a facility that goes above and beyond to help every single patient that walks through the door
  • Michael
    I couldnt imagine a more positive treatment facility. The staff as well as the program was extremely professional and knowledgeable on the recovery process. This is a strong facility all around. From intake to discharge i was beyond happy with my experience. This facility is one of a kind. They have all their bases covered and i don't believe there is a weakness that exists within the facility.
  • Chris
    It was a fantastic experience, it helped save my life. The staff members are very caring, honest, helpful, and professional. The groups are interesting and informative.
  • raymond
    Wonderful place. awesome staff who actually care and dont look at us as a $ sign. i would recommend this place to absolutely anyone! the staff is all in recovery as well. they understand as well as care for each and every client here. its not just a dollar sign its all love here.
  • Daniel
    The people that work here are what make this place great. Very personal, loving, and understanding.
  • Derek
    From the moment i got there I was treated with respect and cared for like a family member. I would highly recommend anyone seeking recovery utilize URP.URP does a great job of catering to individual needs, resolving big life issues with the help of a case manager, all while ensuring a comfortable transition. Many of the people who work here are also in recovery which helps them understand what we're going through.
  • Louis
    It was very helpful and i would recommend it to anyone who is in need. A strength were the staff.
    The treatment was excellent, the groups were helpful, and staff was very encouraging. The staff, group facilitators, and counselors were helpful beyond my expectations.
  • Justin
    After reading the reviews online, i decided to come to this place and never before have my expectations been met as they were here. I believe this place has saved my family, my life, and my future. The people, the location, the overall attitude and heart of this place. I don't think there are any weaknesses but in some willingness of some patience.
  • Mark
    I highly recommend anyone with a drug or alcohol addiction to this facility. The staff, the facilitators who run the groups, are absolutely amazing.They care about you as a client and also as a human being. Safe journey. Great facilitators and their knowledge, and overall great staff.
  • Jonathan
    It was great, I loved the staff- they are always there to help you. The clinical staff was also great. Atmosphere was great. Compassionate, loving, understanding, caring, empathetic staff and structured, safe environment. there are no weaknesses, it was an all around amazing experience.
    I believe this facility is scamming family's with loved one that are addicts. Not only did my loved one now recurve the help that they promised.
  • Zack
    Staff is well organized and very helping. Everyone is caring very good for recovery.
  • Stephen
    Great techs. Effective therapy. Nice living facility. Caring and helpful staff.
  • Sean
    It was good. Faculty and staff are strengths. Activities are weakness.
  • Bryan
    I am very happy,grateful, and thankful for the treatment I received.The staff is excellent.The staff and counseling
  • doug
  • Taylor
    United Recovery Project saved my life. This treatment center never fell short in any area. The genuine care that each one of the faculty and staff members displayed on the daily was unreal. It was so evident that the facility had only one thing on their mind and that was each and every clients best interest. The education and support they offered me throughout my stay exceeded my expectations and gave me the strength each and every day to keep coming back. I wouldn't think twice about recommending this treatment center to anyone in need of help and i'd consider any person who is fortunate enough to become a client as extremely lucky.The facility had copious strengths to share with me but what stood out the most were the employees intentions. No matter what their job title was, they were always there to help. Never once did I feel like a burden for needing a little bit more than given to me. I can honestly say that there were no negative or weak vibes that I encountered while in treatment at United Recovery Project.
  • Diane
    It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions but after all was said and done it was for my best interest. Leisure activities available were awesome. most were very helpful and professional.
    overall this is a great treatment facility and i could not have asked for more. meditation yoga food shopping. cant see the nurse whenever.
    I got alot out of the program. Im glad that I came to this facility.The strengths are overwhelming. You get anything you want out of the program.
  • doug
    gained knowledge that made me understand my addiction. they truly care about the clients. more techs per person.
  • Tod
    Awesome staff who were very helpful in my treatment. Group time is sufficient. Would like to see more 1 on 1 time with the therapist.
  • Ellie
    I have attended several treatment centers in the past and none compare to United Recovery Project. The staff is caring, kind, and empathetic. The therapists are excellent and I have hope that this time I have the knowledge I need to recover. The techs and therapists are knowledgeable and supportive. The groups are interesting and informative and engaging. The house is beautiful and the weekend outings showed me how to have fun sober. The house is too crowded and the van A/C is not cold in this summer Florida heat. The center is too small for the number of addicts being helped here.
    Great experience, I learned a lot, it has made me excited about recocery. great staff, very friendly and accommodating, powerful groups.
  • david
    thank god i found this facility. control of clients.
  • Scott
    I thought United Recovery Project was a great treatment center. I have been to multiple treatments and this would by far be the best one i attended. I highly recommend this place to anybody seeking treatment. The techs at United Recovery were phenomenal. I think having people that were in my shoes recently is very important. The staff as a whole definitely deserves a lot of credit, they definitely played a huge part in my early recovery and I dont know if i would have been able to do it without their help. Out of all the treatment centers i have been to in the past that had a lot of flaws I really cant say much bad about United Recovery Project and highly recommend it as i said.
  • Frank
    My experience was great! All of the techs were super awesome and very helpful and the groups in the center were extremely informative. Some of the strengths in this facility are all the different types of groups that are ran here and all of the techs and higher ups are some of the coolest people ive ever met. one weakness that they can improve on is the amount of time people get for phone calls.
    My overall experience was one filled with love and support. The staff was very efficient and knowledgeable.The staff is extremely knowledgeable and caring with an extensive amount of experience both personal and professional. Transparency.
    As far as rehabs go, URP is definitely the best. I had enough time at the treatment's holistic offerings.
  • samuel
    great program. psycho therepy, group facilitators, and primary groups. music selections should be more diverse in the vans, and in the mansion.
  • John
    I feel that my recovery has a solid foundation to go home with and succeed. Individualized treatment. The therapist put a lot of effort to treating you as a person and not an illness. It is difficult to be separated from family during treatment but there is a reason for it. I was afforded the chance to work on myself for the first time in my life.
  • anthony
    i would recommend this program has gave me the tools and c0urage to fight my addiction .very organized and keeps schedule like for the class to break down the steps to new comer.
  • Michael
    Knowledgeable staff who genuinely care for clients. Mixture of behavioral therapy groups combined with clinical insight ensure effective treatment approach.Clinical staff/therapists.
  • Eh
    I am forever grateful for URP. They saved my life.
  • Jeremy
    very professional and felt comfortable around staff and clients
  • Bryan
    I felt very welcomed by all members of URP. Facilitators and counselors appeared to be very educated. If you're open-minded you can learn a lot from this program and become sober.
  • Jordan
    great experience for anyone going through tough shit.
  • Kane
    extremely grateful for my experience
  • Richard
    I was happy with it, I knew what to expect, I've been to other places. I didn't like some of the rules, but they had nothing to do with why i'm here. The over all experience was good to great.
  • Roberto
    My stay at this facility helped me tremendously, I am extremely thankful/grateful for the program and the people that work here and the over all support in United Recovery Project.
  • Lauren
    Had a great experience here. Staff are the best and saved my life and are angels. Thank you.
  • KD
    Great place. My loved one is saved bc of them!
  • Vincent
    It was excellent, very professional, kind and helpful staff. The staff members were caring, considerate, and knowledgeable. The housing is beautiful. Groups were helpful and kept me engaged.
  • Mario
    I had a pretty good experience, after the first week i was getting more comfortable with my environment. I made a lot of good friends that helped me get by. They seem like they care and always are willing to give people advice.
    Best place I've ever been too. Life changing! Staff genuinely care for the patients really want to help. Great from the top to the bottom. Bosses, staff, patients. Too hot in the summer.
  • Sharon
    After many years of therapy, this is the first time I have gotten to core issue that have been affecting my life. I am now able to let others know if I need help and stand up for myself, which I have never been able to do before. In addition, this is the first time in my life that I feel good about myself. My self-confidence is higher than I ever dreamed possible. My counselor was amazing! Accommodations, counselor, weekend activities, swimming pool, other clients to talk to, daily groups at the center, transportation to NA and AA meetings. Some of our techs do not put our needs or wants first.
  • Rebecca
    This was my first experience with treatment. Overall, it was a positive experience.There are a variety of different classes provided throughout the day to accommodate different types of recovery for different personalities.
  • G.E.
    It was very good. Great staff.They seem like they truly care. Communication.
  • Highill
    It's truly not what they say... No ten min centering No horses the mansion hold 30 to 40 dudes you get 70 Bucks a week for food with a ten min shopping time Consistently late at bring you the cigs you paid for out your own pocket. Groups Are crap and you will see counselor one hour a week maybe. Had to costantly remind them i wanted To see nurse only to wait almost a week and a half I stayed in Harrison house which was a three bedroom Ranch style in the middle of the city of Hollywood. Oh and it cost me damn near 100,000 for nothing I'm deeper in debt and came out angry because this place only Wants money
  • lawrence
    best treatment center i have been too the staff really cares about you and the therapy does work. the staff really cares the therapist are excellent and willing to work with you and you gain the structure you need to succed in life.
  • todd
    great staff. Strengths:houseing,food,staff. Weakness:Groups.
  • Chase
    URP is the best treatment I have been too. Compassion.
  • michael
    great place for those serious about recovery. Recovery. not well maintained.
  • Jessica
    Therapist was awesome!! Everyone was really friendly and helpful!! I learned a lot while I was here! I think there should be a nurse on call through out the night. Tecks should be cpr certified incase of an emergency. Group rooms could use a little more lighting and air conditioning.
  • Zachary
    Staff and facilitators were very helpful and thorough with their topics and discussions. Staffs were very open to helping clients with personal problems, the therapist sessions were great and overall I felt like I was in a safe setting. More communication through the staff to get needs done.
  • Carl
    Techs were really nice and the therapist was cool. It's very strong in conflict resolution, therapy, and incorporating 12 step programs.The hot tub was broken, they told me thee was equine therapy.
  • amy
    staff is kind and caring. caring and knowledgeable staff. techs are inconsistent with the rules, it varys person to person.
  • David
    its good to be open minded.
  • James
    I have been to many treatment facilities, and this facility has everything needed to get clean and sober. The staff is genuinely caring and is a good place. I recommend this place to anyone who is trying to get clean and sober
  • Nick
    This treatment center saved my life. The staff went above and beyond to help me through the struggles of early sobriety and the experience I had has been second to none. I believe I have the full support of the program for whatever help I need.
  • Kevin
    very Personalized, helpful, and comfortable
  • cole
    interesting experience, gave me skills i can take home and apply to my life
  • lauren
    it was beneficial, gave me skills i can take home and apply to my life
  • Sarah
    URP is an excellent rehab to go to, I learned a lot in this program and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great rehab to go too.
  • Joseph
    Overall great treatment center. w/ one on one counseling included where they get to the core issues as to why I used
  • Zach
    The treatment here was great. It was the best facility I have ever been to. They really care about the clients here as compared to some of the places I went in the past. My therapist Catalina was great- couldn't ask for a better counselor.
  • Joshua
    Groups were productive Therapist was great CLeanliness of housing was not clean to my standards overall great experience
  • Ramon
    I had a great experience, I learned a lot, and hopefully I can apply it for the rest of my life
  • steven
    URP is a great facility
  • Anthony
    Treatment at this facility was excellent. Staff were great as well as all services provided.
  • Jeffrey
    The treatment was great a lot of knowledge given and very relatable speakers Ray is awesome a real straight to the point guy if he doesn't get through to you you need to come back. The lead therapists especially Catherine was great knowledgeable firm but at the same time very caring, woman of her word. The director Kristin Smith very nice down to earth and approachable will listen and make you feel wanted and at the same time tell you what needs to be said very great person, she stands behind her beliefs(that clearly worked for her) and gives you literature to keep you occupied. The facility was clean and the techs where down to earth. They had different characters but that made it genuine the head tech Jason Budd is probably the most honest realest caring but also straight by the book type of person I've ever met. I admire him and his work ethic also Andrew the ranch tech he treated everyone equal and gave great knowledge for a young man he was either trained good or just naturally a smart educated well mannered proffesional tech. Thanks for their help it was not a vacation but it wasn't like an ���institutional�۝ setting either it was like a school for adults with very caring convicted knowledgeable relatable well trained professional human beings.A++
  • karlie
    the staff and the therapist are absolutely amazing. my whole perception has changed. thank you so much URP!
  • Linwood
    very good treatment center and very helpful
  • Eddie
    staff well put together and helpful while i stayed here, a lot of good recovery information provided on a day to day basis.
  • coby
    the best
    a lot of politics
  • Ava
    I did more work in a little over a month at URP than I did in a year at other treatments.
  • Saige
    Very thourough and efficient treatment center
  • kane
    it was great i feel so much better and more motivated,cravings are still there but i now have the tools to stay sober and live a normal life
  • sarah
    great
  • Dylan
    Saved my life. Great staff. Great facilities.
  • Angela
    Excellent facility. I felt everyone genuinely cared about my wellbeing