Windmill Wellness Ranch Philosophy
Each person comes to us with a different set of wounds and circumstances. Windmill Wellness Ranch works to heal the entire individual, not just the addiction or behavior. We treat underlying issues, such as trauma, depression, anxiety, and other mental health or neurocognitive issues.
We treat the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and relational health of the individual and family. We help you discover your authentic, whole self and bring your entire person into balance. Many of those that seek our help are “stuck”. They can’t imagine getting better, but at Windmill Wellness Ranch, we help them find their joy.
Our program is unlike any other. It is clinician owned and was designed by the most talented and experienced doctors, psychiatrists, clinicians and nurses in the field. In order to make long-term recovery certain, clinical components must be part of the recovery process.
These components include:
1. Master’s Level Clinicians - Why? Without a Master’s Level Clinical License, you cannot diagnosis or treat any underlying disorders. WWR has clinicians that are specialized in various disorders and trauma resolution.
2. Psychiatry is available daily to our clients
3. Genetic Testing - Most of those that seek our services have been given many medications to help with depression or anxiety. Most of the time the medications do not work, or stop working, and many report they feel like a “guinea pig”. WWR is conservative with medications, however if medication is needed genetic testing takes the guess work out of psychiatry and our psychiatrists know which medications will work with your metabolism.
4. EMDR - This is a rapid form of therapy that heals trauma. When trauma occurs, the body releases chemicals such as adrenaline. Trauma does not need to be a tragic event, it can be a childhood divorce or something that happened on the playground. EMDR resolves the trauma that grows as we age into depression, anxiety or both.
5. Having a compassionate environment and staff that understands that they are part of your healing process. Windmill Wellness Ranch is in a non-institutional home/ranch setting. This may sound silly, but a comfortable full mattress and well-appointed rooms make sleep better, which make healing and therapy better.
6. We empower clients to find activities which bring them purpose and well-being in recovery. We recognize that they need to fill the void left in the absence of substances with meaningful roles and occupation. This helps them regain their sense of purpose and direction.
7. PeakLogic PrTMS treatment – Treating the brain. Let’s face it, damage has been done to the brain as a result of use or trauma, and is sometimes organic. We can see and treat the brain with PeakLogic PrTMS. Each Client will receive an EEG upon admission.
8. Each client has a comprehensive assessment by a Master’s Level Clinician, which is paired with a medical and psychiatric provider that follows each client through their entire stay into aftercare. This process allows each clinical team following the client to build a treatment plan that encompasses all 6 dimensions of an individual. Each client is also assessed medically with a wellness panel to rule out any health conditions.
9. We truly offer “individualized care” and “Co-Occurring disorder treatment”
10. If you have anxiety or depression a medication is not just prescribed, we review the assessments and work with the client to determine where the anxiety and depression may have originated and if there was an event we work through that therapeutically. We don’t simply give you a pill and hope it works.
11. Medical/ Psychiatry and Master’s Level Clinical Team for each Client
Areas of Specialization
Client & Family Support Groups
Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.
Research shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Meet the Staff
Dmitry Listengarten, M.D.
Dr. Listengarten has been practicing medicine since 1986 and he specializes in the field of psychiatry and addiction medicine. He is a Fellow of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and a Fellow of the American Board of Addiction Medicine. Throughout his career, he has focused on addictive disorders and treatment of co-occurring disorders. He has served as attending psychiatrist in several hospitals in Arizona and Texas. He served as Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry and the Director of Chemical Dependence Unit at HCA Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital. He continued his practice at San Antonio Behavioral Health Hospital and currently serves as Director of Chemical Dependence Unit. He also practices at Soba Texas providing psychiatric and chemical dependency consultations and treatment to patients in all levels of care.
Shannon has a Master's degree from the University of Texas San Antonio in social work with an emphasis in addiction counseling. She is experienced in leading and directing substance use disorder treatment facilities. Her undergraduate degree is in Business Management from Azusa Pacific University. She works closely with Clinical staff to provide Evidence Based Practice models to address co-occuring disorders. As the wife of a police officer and military veteran, Shannon takes a special interest in trauma resolution. Shannon uses an integrative approach with patients and their families. Strengths-Based Practice is used where the inherent strengths of a person or family are assessed and built upon to aid in recovery and empowerment. This perspective along with Family Systems Theory and Ecological Theory emphasize that environmental factors play a part in development. She believes that a holistic approach to recovery is necessary for growth of the individual. Additionally, Solution Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, EDMR and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy are tools that she uses in her practice to be culturally competent to work with a diverse group of clients.
Rehabs.com 360 Guide
ABOUT WINDMILL WELLNESS RANCH
Windmill Wellness Ranch (WWR) is a clinician-owned residential treatment center for adult men and women struggling with trauma, substance use, and/or co-occurring mental health disorder. Located in the beautiful hill country region of central Texas, just an hour south of Austin, WWR is one of just 81 (18.8 percent) centers in the state to offer residential treatment in a non-hospital setting. Programs consists of structured care plans that incorporate 12-step immersion, medical care, spirituality, and experiential therapies.
TREATMENT & ASSESSMENT
All treatment services at WWR are rooted in a holistic approach that incorporates evidence-based modalities such as family systems therapy, motivational interviewing, and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). Master’s level clinicians work by addressing the underlying beliefs and attitudes of each client, not just their external addictive habits and behaviors. In general, residents take part in roughly 30 hours of treatment programming a week.
While length of stay is based on need and therefore varies from client to client, the process typically begins with an initial clinician-led assessment that considers a variety of factors and health histories. The day usually begins with a brief meditation to help clients warm up to the busy day ahead. Throughout the week, clients may see opportunity for fitness and nutritional assessments, education and support for co-occurring disorders, relapse prevention training, art therapy, and family sessions.
Eye movement and desensitization reprocessing (EMDR) is available for clients seeking to address past or present trauma. Other available services include genetic testing and daily psychiatric/medical care.
Led and owned by a licensed clinical social worker, Windmill Wellness Ranch boasts a multidisciplinary treatment team of medical doctors, registered nurses, licensed chemical dependency counselors, art therapists, and other master’s level professionals. Chefs prepare nutritious, balanced meals daily.
ACCOMMODATIONS & AMENITIES
Windmill Wellness Ranch is set on a private 75-acre property in the beautiful Texas Hill County, just over an hour southwest of Austin. With capacity to accommodate as many as 52 clients at a time, WWR is a dog-friendly campus that offers opportunity for hiking, yoga, and meditation. Smoking is permitted within a designated area on campus.
While Rehabs.com has yet to receive any feedback from the center’s alumni, affiliated friends or family members, or staff, it does maintain an excellent record across secondary reviews sites. To date, Windmill Wellness Ranch boasts impressive average ratings of 4.9 and five out of five stars, respectively, from 23 Google reviewers and four Facebook users.
Many described the facility and its staff as “amazing” while several credited the facility with saving their lives. As Google reviewer S.S. put it, “This is an amazing, magical place that saved my life... I would recommend this place to anyone who is suffering with grief, trauma or addiction like I was.”
One of just 271 (62.9 percent) facilities in the state of Texas to accept private health insurance plans, WWR also aims to help individuals seeking assistance “regardless of insurance.”
Published on December 2018
User ReviewsReview this Center
Please note: Anyone attempting to manipulate or spam our system or the providers’ own listing pages risks having all content removed.
Rehabs.com is a third-party resource for consumers seeking addiction treatment.
We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with "Sponsor" or "Ad" or "Advertisement”.
Official Facility Response
Flag For Review
Official Facility Response
Official Facility Feedback
Flag For Review
Rehabs.com does its very best to publish the most up-to-date treatment prices by requesting this information directly from the facility, or in some cases, sourcing this information from the facility’s website. Total costs may vary due to individuals' unique treatment needs. Please contact the facility directly for the most accurate price quote.