Health Net is an insurance provider for lower-income individuals and families, available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
They specialize in health care insurance, offered through a number of lower-cost programs, including Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, Veterans’ Affairs, and other group and individual plans.
The Health Net subsidiary Managed Health Network (MHN) provides behavioral health and substance abuse coverage. These behavioral health plans can be purchased on their own or integrated with a Health Net insurance plan, and they offer a reliable range of covered services.
Specialty Alcohol and Drug Treatment Through Health Net
If you are looking for more luxurious treatment, the program cost is going to be higher. This means that you may end up paying more despite your insurance coverage because your portion of the costs does not change.
For example, if your plan will take on 75% of the total treatment costs and you have to pay the remaining 25%, you will still end up paying more for a higher-cost program because the percentage does not change. 25% of a $4,000 program will be less expensive than 25% of a $30,000 program.
Luxury and executive treatment will be more comfortable for the patient, but also come at a higher cost to you. Make sure you consider this while you are selecting a treatment program.
Does Health Net Cover Rehab?
The Affordable Care Act ensures that all insurance companies cover substance abuse treatment to the same level that they cover other medical services. This means that your Health Net or MHN plan will cover the same amount of rehab costs as they would a regular hospital visit.
What Services Does Health Net Offer?
Health Net MHN behavioral health plans will vary in coverage details, but generally have similar offerings:
- Counseling and therapy sessions.
- Inpatient, outpatient, and partial hospitalization treatment.
- Treatment follow-up, including aftercare services.
- 24-hour crisis intervention services.
Because MHN focuses on behavioral health treatment, an MHN plan will offer high-quality substance abuse services. They ensure that their clients get the care management that they need by catering their plans to the individual’s needs.
Does it Cover Non-Local Rehab?
Out-of-area rehab is generally covered by Health Net and MHN insurance plans. Because most treatment facilities are privately owned, in-state versus out-of-state costs don’t deviate too much- treatment is treatment.
As long as you select a provider from within the Health Net/MHN network, which expands across all 50 states, your insurance will help you out.
When considering different facilities, be sure to ask whether or not they accept your Health Net or MHN insurance plan.
How to Pay for Your Portion of Costs
Because insurance rarely covers the full costs of substance abuse treatment, you will end up paying a portion of out-of-pocket expenses. Whatever portion of costs that your Health Net/MHN plan does not cover is up to you to finance, so higher-priced programs can be more difficult to afford, but there are always options for getting help.
Many treatment facilities will offer payment options so you can get clean right away and pay over an extended period of time in order to spread out the financial burden.
Sliding scale payments change the cost of treatment based on your ability to pay, meaning that a lower-income person can expect to pay less than a higher income individual.
Many facilities will also offer payment plans so that you can spread your treatment payments out across monthly payments.
Other financing options include:
- Using credit cards to pay for a program.
- Taking out personal or home equity loans.
- Applying for rehab scholarships and grants.
No matter what your financial situation, we can help you find the help you need at an affordable level. Call your insurance provider to speak with a specialist about finding a program that accepts your insurance plan.
(Please note: Rehabs.com strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage but policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels. Rehabs.com is an informational site only and is not affiliated or sponsored by Health Net.)